whats up with this?

The topics of Race & Religion are discussed in this section.
justice league
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

whats up with this?

Unread post by justice league » April 1st, 2008, 6:32 pm

this sends a very bad message for black people everywhere.... do black people really support the NAACP on this?

http://www.kfoxtv.com/news/15661784/detail.html

Bill Would Ban Baggy Pants

Florida Sen. Gary Siplin is working on a bill that would ban all public school students from wearing baggy pants on school property, but the bill is not sitting well with the NAACP.

Siplin is co-author of Bill 302 that would ban baggy pants that expose a student's underwear.

The NAACP is now investigating the bill claiming it unfairly targets black and Hispanic teens. Florida Gov. Charlie Crist has also voiced his concerns over the bill but has made no public comment on whether he would support it.

twocost
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by twocost » April 1st, 2008, 8:55 pm

Where what ever the fuck you want. Free world deal with it bitch.

flame_guards_member1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by flame_guards_member1 » April 2nd, 2008, 2:46 pm

Is this nationwide? If it is I'm for it. Baggy pants are a stupid fasion, people look like they've shit themselves.

twocost
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by twocost » April 2nd, 2008, 4:45 pm

flame_guards_member1 wrote:Is this nationwide? If it is I'm for it. Baggy pants are a stupid fasion, people look like they've shit themselves.
Just because you don't like it, it should be made illegal?

flame_guards_member1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by flame_guards_member1 » April 3rd, 2008, 11:21 am

twocost wrote:
flame_guards_member1 wrote:Is this nationwide? If it is I'm for it. Baggy pants are a stupid fasion, people look like they've shit themselves.
No it shouldn't, your right there. I'm not the only one who doesn't like it though. Your outnumbered more than 10 to 1 if it ever comes to every American choosing to vote on this bill.

twocost
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by twocost » April 3rd, 2008, 1:26 pm

flame_guards_member1 wrote:
twocost wrote:
No it shouldn't, your right there. I'm not the only one who doesn't like it though. Your outnumbered more than 10 to 1 if it ever comes to every American choosing to vote on this bill.

I respect your opinion however I disagree. Its hard enough these days to get kids to go to school. Tell them they have to buy tighter pants? Plus there are these kids these days wearing womens pants and who's to say that those should be outlawed on public schools because those are worse in my opinion. Parents will have to guy buy there kids new jeans... That won't fly with them. Kids will have to change there appearance to go to school... Nah they just won't go to school. If that happened to me I wouldn't go to school and nor would kids today. The goal is to get kids to stay in school not drop out.
Dumb move.

Young Deuce
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Young Deuce » April 3rd, 2008, 5:31 pm

alot of us is wearing our pants tight now anyway...myself personally aint cool with that but what eva....next they gon start bannin tight pants...i swear america got they priorities fucked up...if somebody wanna go to a job interview looking stupid with they pants saggin let em....let em not get the job...

Old Shatterhand
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Old Shatterhand » April 8th, 2008, 6:01 pm

I have to admit I'm all for freedom. BUT with freedom comes responsibility. I also think parents should have access to school vouchers, regardless of their income, so they can put their kids into private schools with uniforms and strive for a higher level of socialization and education for their kids if they want to.
twocost wrote:Where what ever the fu-- you want. Free world deal with it bitch.

justice league
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by justice league » April 9th, 2008, 4:31 pm

wow jump down my throat... I thought we wre more on the same page than that!!

I guess you miss my point.

its not about fashion or rights.....

it is about t he single most respected black advocate trying to claim that fashion statement as a racial thing.

It ss not a black thing it. it is a prison punk thing, but hey,,. if blacks want to claim that ,,, have it!

its funny how people will publicly humiliate themselves in the name of self righteousness!

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » April 10th, 2008, 1:27 am

justice league wrote:
wow jump down my throat... I thought we wre more on the same page than that!!

I guess you miss my point.

its not about fashion or rights.....

it is about t he single most respected black advocate trying to claim that fashion statement as a racial thing.

It ss not a black thing it. it is a prison punk thing, but hey,,. if blacks want to claim that ,,, have it!

its funny how people will publicly humiliate themselves in the name of self righteousness!
Why do you stay on black people's nuts? Can't you move on to something better?

EmperorPenguin
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by EmperorPenguin » April 10th, 2008, 10:35 am

justice league wrote:

I don't follow this statement?

Carmelpassion

Unread post by Carmelpassion » April 10th, 2008, 11:01 am

They are trying to make everything illegal in America. How can they make baggy pants illegal? Some people can not afford belts they don't sag by choice. My son is two and although he has a belt they still sag a little then what? I can't help that he's so skinny, he eats everything but does not gang weight. I'm hearing that people might be sued because they smoke in their apartments. And more cities are starting to press the issue of "No Smoking" laws. So, I can not smoke either. And of course the whole abortion issue. Pretty soon we will not be able to cuss, smoke, or have sex legally. What is America coming to??

flame_guards_member1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by flame_guards_member1 » April 10th, 2008, 1:35 pm

They can't afford non-designer 10 dollar belts you can find just about anywhere but they can afford baggy pants that cost a 100 bucks? Right. :roll:

Also, for your baby it's different, cause, well, he's a baby! It's meant for lame teenagers and youth that like to show off alot, get into fights and other shit. Yes, it's to basiclly take out the hip hop clothing thing out of the picture, but it's more healthy for the world. I miss the time when you weren't judged by the type of clothing you wore.

Now it's like you don't wear hip hop clothing, your gay and lame and all that shit but if you do, for people of a white race, your a wigger. I can't belive they take advantage of us like that, and I don't understand why we don't fight back. Do the majority of white Americans think blacks are tough or something? Come on.

It's just baggy pants. I wear them because I look gay with tight ones on, but I'd rather wear the tight ones just for the sake of going out in public and looking nice. Leave the baggy shit for hanging out with your friends. It's a public place, not a zoo or a barn.

I think people can live without baggy pants. I don't know why it's such a big deal to you guys... :roll:

Old Shatterhand
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Old Shatterhand » April 11th, 2008, 7:02 am

I hear you loud and clear. What happens is that human beings create values and norms to make sense of their identity and their surroundings. Social demarcators emerge and then incrementally become transcendentalized in due course.

Which explains why a move to ban smoking in restaurants could incrementally progress to tobacco being scheduled as an illegal drug punishable as a felony. Or why baggy pants can be frowned upon but eventually banned from school and then made into a misdemeanor.

Historically, societies move incrementally toward authoritarianism (if they weren't begun that way) until they become so oppressive that upheaval occurs. But given the power of the modern technological state; I don't see upheaval as a scenario that can win anymore unless the upheaval occurs within the system.

Carmelpassion wrote:They are trying to make everything illegal in America. How can they make baggy pants illegal? Some people can not afford belts they don't sag by choice. My son is two and although he has a belt they still sag a little then what? I can't help that he's so skinny, he eats everything but does not gang weight. I'm hearing that people might be sued because they smoke in their apartments. And more cities are starting to press the issue of "No Smoking" laws. So, I can not smoke either. And of course the whole abortion issue. Pretty soon we will not be able to cuss, smoke, or have sex legally. What is America coming to??

justice league
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by justice league » April 23rd, 2008, 10:43 am

the NAACP will oNLY stand up for causes that they feel are in the interst of black people

personally, I feel that there is a law against indecent exposure, it should carry off towards provocative dress..

I mean I dont care if people like assrape, but as a fashion statement it leaves a lot to be desired.

ManifestTruth
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by ManifestTruth » April 23rd, 2008, 5:10 pm

justice league wrote:the NAACP will oNLY stand up for causes that they feel are in the interst of black people

personally, I feel that there is a law against indecent exposure, it should carry off towards provocative dress..

I mean I dont care if people like assrape, but as a fashion statement it leaves a lot to be desired.
Nah, more like the NAACP will only stand up for causes that they feel are in the interest of the NAACP... Either way,
its a bit of a stretch to say this sends a bad message for black people everywhere. NAACP doesnt represent all black
people, JDL(Jewish Defense League) doesnt represent all Jewish people, PETA doesnt represent all animal lovers, etc..
Americans of all walks have MUCH bigger fish to fry. If we dont find our way out of our many crisises(fuel, food, employment, housing), many folks will be wearing saggy clothes and it will have very little to do with style(or lack thereof)..

On to your question, nope. The NAACP is likely standing alone on this one. Anyone receive any leaflets yet?

ps- how sincere is this FL senator? could he be positioning himself for a run at a higher office? far as the NAACP's
counter, arent interest groups almost always opportunistic?

EmperorPenguin
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by EmperorPenguin » April 28th, 2008, 8:44 am

justice league wrote:the NAACP will oNLY stand up for causes that they feel are in the interst of black people

Baggy pants in prison never stood for anyone wanting to take it in the ass. That's a stupid myth and easily discredited and has been for some time.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Unread post by Sentenza » April 28th, 2008, 9:01 am

EmperorPenguin wrote:

Baggy pants in prison never stood for anyone wanting to take it in the ass. That's a stupid myth and easily discredited and has been for some time.
What i heard and what convinced me the most was, that it comes from people that were not allowed to wear belts in prison, because belts can be used as a weapon/to commit suicide.

JonnyHongKong
What city do you live in now?: New York City

Unread post by JonnyHongKong » April 28th, 2008, 10:55 am

Sentenza, I totally agree with you on that one.
Anyhow, on the topic of the NAACP opposing the bill because it "targets black people,"
well, I don't know whether I agree with them or not.
I think they'd make a better case on freedom of expression, because as far as I know
showing some boxers ur wearing isn't indecent exposure.
Who knows, tho? In a few years we might all be wearing grey clothes with bar codes on our heads.
Screw government restrictions.