Racism you've encountered

The topics of Race & Religion are discussed in this section.
A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Racism you've encountered

Unread post by A Ghost » May 21st, 2008, 9:31 am

This is sort of a spinoff of the "crazy stories from the hood" thread. I was wondering what stories people had about personal experiences with racism whether it was directed at them or at someone else and they saw it/heard it.

Ill start.

I was driving in the parking lot of a movie theater over in a majority white area of town. In this particular area theres a thruway that cuts through the neighborhood. Theres a street that goes under this thruway and there are large concrete thruway supports holding it up. Well on one of the supports I saw in HUGE words the phrase "Ni--ers Smell." I couldnt believe it. It was plain as day. I left and came back about 3 weeks later and it was still up. The city finally painted over it about a month and a half later. But there was no investigation into it. Nothing. The interesting thing is that about a block west theres a house with a massive confederate flag flying in the front yard. SMH

whiskeyjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by whiskeyjack » May 21st, 2008, 9:52 am

-the anti-sihk, asian, african attitudes from my friends
-also too being held accountable for the actions of other european nations in north america way back in the day. Cause some mindless fuck thinks that because im white im responsible for slavery....
-and reverse racism from other whites who say im a fuckin nazi for being proud of the colour of my skin, come on im just trying to be like everyone else

other then that no

EmperorPenguin
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by EmperorPenguin » May 21st, 2008, 10:02 am

I'll just comment on racism I've encountered that was directed towards me, or my family. I know growing up around natives it wasn't uncommon to hear the odd "white boy" call, usually preceded by "fucking" or "stupid" or something to that affect. Never really affected me mind you, it's common place. I know down in Anaheim an older mexican man was walking backwards, not looking and tripped on our stroller and my wife had to stop him from falling on my daughter. He kind of laughed it off as he was turning around to look at my wife, and the second he saw my wife was white, he went a little nuts. Yelling at her, telling her "don't fuckin touch me white girl." I was kind of taken back, and this was at Disneyland. I was past the exit and she was still inside but I saw it all happen and when my wife exited I went around to the other exit where this man was leaving. My wife pointed out we were in another country that had a lot more mexicans then visiting Canadians and my chances of coming out unscathed weren't very good, not to mention I didn't want to spend any time in an American hospital so cooler heads prevailed and we just left. That was probably one that bothered me the most.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Unread post by Sentenza » May 21st, 2008, 10:48 am

Plenty of that. In England we used to get into fights on a regular basis because we were German and in the south of England they hate Germans and the young people there are some fucking brawlers, i learned that fast. :lol: But i guess you would call that nationalism.
It has happened to me on a few occasions that people greet me with the Hitler salute in different countries (Egypt, France, Ireland) when they get to know that i am german. Shit is annoying.
Other then that, my mom has dark almost black hair and people used to mistake her for a turkish woman and were throwing all kinds of insults at us, like "fucking scum turks" etc. That shit had me rolling cause it doesnt get more german then my family.
I used to know a few people in Saxony, South East germany and they are a fucking racist crowd there.
I have heard all kinds of shit from them "fucking Niggers", "fucking Turks, Russians, Jews" to "Hitler would know how to deal with all that scum"... everything. One family of them abandoned their daughter cause she married a Turk and moved with him to Berlin.
On another occasion we were in Hungary and one of my Buddies there, who was a plainout Nazi got so drunk, that i had to drag him home and on the way he was yelling the worst insults at all the Hungarians we came across ("Fucking Kanaks, Dirty Gypsys blablabla"). I was glad he did it in German or they would have beat the shit out of us .
I have lost count though on how many incidents i have witnessed people being blatantly ignorant.

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » May 21st, 2008, 12:18 pm

A friend of mine said he was waiting outside of school for someone and there were two white girls a few feet away from him. He said one of them was singing an Ashanti song and the other white girl turned to her and said "why are you singing that Ni--er music?"

He said he wanted to donkey punch the little bitch right there but he couldnt do it.

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » May 21st, 2008, 12:18 pm

My car broke down one time and I took it to a garage to get it fixed. The owner was this older Italian guy. I'd say in his 50's. Anyways I was talking to him and I was like "I appreciate you checking my car out for me, it broke down and I need to get to school I was gonna take the bus if I couldnt get it fixed."

Now I have no problem taking the bus, I just didnt want to have to walk to the bus stop, stand in the cold and wait, and then when on I would have to sit there for like 45 minutes with nothing to do.

After I said what I said this asshole goes "Well its a good thing you didnt have to ride the bus with all those Ni--ers."

I didnt reply I just looked at him like "what the hell?"

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » May 21st, 2008, 12:19 pm

About a year ago the Niagara Arts and Cultural center downtown hired some graffiti artists to come to town and paint a mural on the side of the Doller General thats next to the NACC building. The owner had no problem with it at all. So the artists did their thing and it looked real nice.

About a month and a half later I was driving down the street and I saw that it was painted over. I was like what the hell?

Recently I was talking to a woman I knew who worked at the building and I asked her what happened. She told me that someone had complained about the mural.

First of all, there was NOTHING to complain about. I think it was a picture of some guy mixing records on a turn table or something.

There was a physicians office across the street and some old guy who had just immigrated in from Italy told the owner of the business "you need to tell them to cover that mural up or Im not coming back to this business. Tell them to go back to Africa and paint on their walls over there."

Basically 1 complaint was all the city needed to go and paint right over it.

The woman who told me the story told me something that made a lot of sense. That mural was painted on a street now known as "little Italy" Well one of the restaurants on that street is called "The Christoforo Colombo Society" and on the side of it they painted Nina, the Pinta and the Santa Maria.

The woman said "I cant understand how they were able to paint over our mural and have a problem with it. Well guess what, I have a problem with the three ships on the Christoforo Colombo building because when I see that picture I see slave ships."

And she had a good point.

They covered up a guy playing a turn table REAL quick but Christopher Columbus murals can stay up forever.

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » May 21st, 2008, 12:19 pm

I work in a hockey rink (theres a GANG of racists there...)

Anyways, a co worker of mine (just picture an Italian Bill O Reilly) was trying to push my buttons so he asked this hockey coach how he felt about the situation my city was in.

(Note: people around here blame blacks for EVERYTHING.)

Anyways, right on cue this coach was like "You know they should have built a moat right around Highland Avenue."

(2nd note: Highland Ave is the oldest, and first black area of the city.)

So basically he was saying that he believed that blacks should have stayed segregated in a 20 block radius and not been allowed to move across the bridge.

This particular asshole coach is now on the run from the Feds for tax evasion or some shit.

SMH @ white people blaming black people for crime and yet they are criminals themselves.

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » May 21st, 2008, 12:20 pm

One time I was with an EX friend of mine that had just gotten released from prison for arson, armed robbery, mugging, and assault on the elderly and we were talking to a friend of his. I was asked what career I was thinking about going into and I said "police"

Well my EX friends friend said "Hell yeah man, (New York State) Troopers are a good gig, shit I wanna be a Trooper so I can kill me a Ni--er."

Once again I just stayed silent and shook my head.

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » May 21st, 2008, 12:20 pm

I was doing a ride along with my local police agency for a class in school.

Unfortunately I have racists in my family. And one of them is on the police department. I was paired up with this family member for about 75% of my ride alongs. (This particular family member contradicts himself all the time, which is usual)

So we're driving and he said something like "We're gonna go visit an old friend of mine". I cant remember the other officers name. Then he said "He loves to bust on moolies." Now I had never heard that term before in my life, I asked him what that meant and he said "dont worry about it." I later learned that it was a black racial slur used by Italians. So we pulled up alongside another patrol car in this large empty parking lot in the middle of the city. My family member introduced me, and the other officer (an Italian guy in his 40's about) said "ahh so you're showing him the Dark continent huh?" This particular officer did not know that I used to live a couple blocks away from that specific location in my childhood and that the majority of my friends were black.

Both officers started talking then one of them brought up a homicide case that happened about a week earlier. So the other officer (The Italian one) said "You know what we should do? We should tell them all that we're having a huge Bar-B-Que out here, then drop a bomb on them all and finally get rid of them."

I turned my head, looked away and did not laugh.

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » May 21st, 2008, 12:21 pm

I was at school and I was walking with someone who was taking a race class with me. (how ironic)

So we're walking and the guy starts telling me a story about how he was at the club and he was with his girl. He goes "So Im at the club and my girls dancing on the floor and this Ni--er starts dancing with her."

I was like WTF?

I told him I didnt like that word and I asked him not to say it.

He looked real confused as if I just spoke to him in Russian or something and he goes "But I thought thats what they were?"

I couldnt believe it.

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » May 21st, 2008, 12:22 pm

To be honest I wouldnt even KNOW how many blacks jokes Ive heard in my life. This website would probably crash....

I have a co worker who still says "colored/coloreds" when talking about blacks.

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » May 21st, 2008, 12:22 pm

I often encounter that racism that is so ignorant its baffling.

Yet ANOTHER co worker of mine who was a massive racist was working on his car. He was listening to Eminem.

Needless to say I was very surprised. (at that time)

I walked over and said "I thought you didn't like rap music?"

He said "I dont, but I like Eminem, and I like him because he's white."

I didnt know what to say. It was THAT ignorant.

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » May 21st, 2008, 12:23 pm

I remember talking to my mother one day (who is not racist) and she's really into politics. Anyways I asked her why a specific basketball court got torn down in the city. She told me about a local politician that I know of that basically made the city tear it down.

A problem that we have is the city loves to get rid of activities for kids to do out here.

So I asked the million dollar question "why did he have it torn down? It was a nice basketball court."

She replied "He did it because he lives in that neighborhood and was sick of blacks being in his neighborhood so he figured that if he tore it down they wouldnt go there anymore."

Here's the punchline. He's the head of the block club organization for the city.

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » May 21st, 2008, 12:41 pm

Right now there is a lawsuit against the city. There are 6 guys suing the parks department for discrimination. Basically the lawsuit says that they were being called racial slurs and that the department boss sent the black workers home and gave the white workers overtime. You can make a LOT of money on overtime.

To get to the point, some of these same co workers of mine work in that department for the city. (Parks, Forestry etc..)

One co worker who is a self admitted racist said that he even agrees that these guys have a case. But he hates them all so he doesnt want to help them out.

This coworker said he was in the room when the boss made the black workers go home and let the white ones stay.

I doubt they will win the case though knowing how this city runs.

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » May 21st, 2008, 12:49 pm

I was working on a mayoral campaign in 2003. I was putting up signs in yards.

Anyways, the main guy we were up against ended up winning. And everyone in the city knew this guy was a shady asshole. However the city is majority Italian, and Italians are very quick to vote Italian.

Well there was a black woman who was on his campaign because she was running for some high up position.

Well I was talking with someone and somehow the topic of race came up. And someone said "I dont know why she's with Anello (the Italian mayor who won) because Anello is a huge racist."

And this was coming from someone high up politically who knew what he was talking about.

My respect for that woman dropped a little bit. At the time I was thinking "how could she work with him even though he's racist."

Later on I realized, this city is a city where its EXTREMELY hard to get ahead, ESPECIALLY politically. And I figured that she probably just used him to get where she needed to get to help change.

Which she actually did. She was able to get these old dilapitated housing projects torn down and some new ones built.

I dont know. That to me proved that racists ARE in power, and anyone who says that there are no racists in power is either ignorant to it, racist or dumb.

clipse
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by clipse » May 21st, 2008, 1:36 pm

When I encountered racism?

Whenever I walk out my door.

whiskeyjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by whiskeyjack » May 21st, 2008, 8:04 pm

native people call everyone honky once in awhile its not a big deal they offer me booze whenever they have some which is cool. That canadians gettin killed in mexico hostilities shit is crazy, fuck that i aint ever goin to mexico ill go to brazil lol

Young Deuce
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Young Deuce » May 22nd, 2008, 12:25 am

clipse wrote:When I encountered racism?

Whenever I walk out my door.

:!: :!: :!:

but i dont let it hold me down or try ta make excuse of it...i just keep fightin...

atm//TONE
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Orange COUNTY

Unread post by atm//TONE » May 22nd, 2008, 12:32 am

mexicans dont like canadians?

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
If in the United States: Oregon
What city do you live in now?: over there

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » May 22nd, 2008, 6:31 am

I often hear racist things when I talk about rap in public places.

EmperorPenguin
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by EmperorPenguin » May 22nd, 2008, 8:47 am

atm//TONE wrote:mexicans dont like canadians?
There's a been a handful of Canadians killed in Mexico over the last few years, so much so we have a travel advisory in place to warn anyone traveling to Mexico to be caution of what's going on there.

Old Shatterhand
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Old Shatterhand » May 22nd, 2008, 5:06 pm

Being called the N word over and over by a black person right before he started a fight with me. The prejudice I saw blacks display toward whites because of their color. Listening to latinos run down blacks verbally and the tension between the two groups grow over time. Listening to whites run down blacks verbally. Sometimes those ended in fights. Watching blacks victimize (beat and rob) weak white people who were trying to act cool with them. Watching latinos victimize (beat and rob) weak white people who were trying to act cool with them. Listening to blacks talk down white people but then have sex with white women. As the immigration debate has grown watching pro-illegal race groups act out against whites and blacks and some anti-immigration protestors cross the line and show racism toward the latino race rather than the illegal immigration issue. I guess that about covers it.

jmaups2005
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by jmaups2005 » May 22nd, 2008, 5:22 pm

the part about black boink'n white chicks is straight up bull shit but alot of people say its pink on the inside so whats the difference :?:

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » May 23rd, 2008, 12:25 am

ummh cops pullin me over and lettin a 3 white boiz flee off in a car hangin out the window..while i was talkin shit to them on the street.

in africa i seen a cop hit my momz coz she was black

police harrasin my residences everywhere...fflashin them big ass lights in our houses like WTF for.

walked in a restaurant and everybody stoped eatin and looked at me and my boiz up in upper state new york.

gettin served last in restaurants, chasin espanics with bright complexion and a white man trippin callin the cops and sayin im a rapist...while i was ha man.

i mean a whole lot of times...befo i moved to htown it was like twice per week

Old Shatterhand
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Old Shatterhand » May 23rd, 2008, 9:25 am

Mcminister wrote:ummh cops pullin me over and lettin a 3 white boiz flee off in a car hangin out the window..while i was talkin shit to them on the street.

--> Yeah I've been on the opposite side of that equation many times. It's true we got yelled at and let go usually when we were young minors.

in africa i seen a cop hit my momz coz she was black

--> Traumatic. Glad I never had to go through that.

police harrasin my residences everywhere...fflashin them big ass lights in our houses like WTF for.

--> Business as usual. Race won't save you from that one.. lol. Had it happen to back in the day.

walked in a restaurant and everybody stoped eatin and looked at me and my boiz up in upper state new york.

--> Happens everytime right now I go into small Hispanic restaurants in heavy Latino areas.

gettin served last in restaurants, chasin espanics with bright complexion and a white man trippin callin the cops and sayin im a rapist...while i was ha man.

--> I had a black guy once try to get all crazy with me in Whittier once at a Burger King because he thought I was being shown preferential treatment. What he didn't realize was that I had ordered before him, then left to go next door to the AM/PM, and returned and that's when I was served my order. Sometimes it's not what it appears and sometimes it probably is.

i mean a whole lot of times...befo i moved to htown it was like twice per week

clipse
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by clipse » May 23rd, 2008, 12:05 pm

:roll: at whites believing they share the same issues as us. They really on here trying to get others to believe they share our daily experiences :roll: Pathetic!

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » May 23rd, 2008, 12:19 pm

clipse wrote::roll: at whites believing they share the same issues as us. They really on here trying to get others to believe they share our daily experiences :roll: Pathetic!

yea that makes me laugh 2

its funny wat ur brain can convince u to believe

EmperorPenguin
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by EmperorPenguin » May 23rd, 2008, 1:34 pm

This has more to do with encountering racism either against yourself or others. I don't see why people have to turn this into some sort of "I get it worse then you ever could" type thread. Thanks to Ghost for bringing up a quality thread.

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » May 23rd, 2008, 5:53 pm

EmperorPenguin wrote:This has more to do with encountering racism either against yourself or others. I don't see why people have to turn this into some sort of "I get it worse then you ever could" type thread. Thanks to Ghost for bringing up a quality thread.
I just want people to tell their stories that's all. :wink:

jmaups2005
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by jmaups2005 » May 24th, 2008, 1:49 am

i think its funny that black americans think the whole world is out to get them it funny and pathetic :roll:

jmaups2005
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by jmaups2005 » May 24th, 2008, 1:54 am

people should feel bad for me because i was taught to hate myself :? be serious black people aint no diffferent then anybody else maybe if everyone learned to get the fuck over themsleves this world could actually become a little better but nope everyone wants everyone else to play a guilt trip for eveything humans are fuckin retarded