My thoughts on Mychell Bell

These concepts are socially constructed and have been given much weight. What are your thoughts?
whiskeyjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

My thoughts on Mychell Bell

Unread post by whiskeyjack » January 18th, 2009, 8:07 am

If this kid was white he would be in jail right now, but he is not he is still in the media spotlight even after attempting suicide. I take guns apart when i clean them and i dont keep them loaded, DUH DUH DUH DUH..........

And then the media tried to attempt to hide his suicide at first.... lol

I find it sickening that FBI informat Jesse Jackson and AL Sharpton rallied behind this guy saying his charges were excessive, but had he been white the fool would be in a 8x8 prison cell reading huckleberry fin books.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/01/15/myc ... index.html

This kid keeps breaking the law, and when he has finished crying about it he expects people to understand, lol.... If the fool was white no one would have cared, and honestly why should i???

MiChuhSuh
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: My thoughts on Mychell Bell

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » January 19th, 2009, 1:56 pm

My thought is that these kids were exploited by EVERYONE. Every story-chasing, camera-chasing talking head. And for nothing.

This case was politicized in a way completely unfair to everyone involved.

I hope everyone (the people of Jena, all the high school kids that were involved in all this mess) will be able to move on forward from this. Their town and especially their kids were portrayed in a deceptive light and their reputation unfairly defaced. All of them.

whiskeyjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by whiskeyjack » January 19th, 2009, 8:57 pm

MiChuhSuh wrote:My thought is that these kids were exploited by EVERYONE. Every story-chasing, camera-chasing talking head. And for nothing.

This case was politicized in a way completely unfair to everyone involved.

I hope everyone (the people of Jena, all the high school kids that were involved in all this mess) will be able to move on forward from this. Their town and especially their kids were portrayed in a deceptive light and their reputation unfairly defaced. All of them.
-it should have been a local mater and stayed within state news, if the liberal media had not blown this up into mega stupid proportions everything would probably turned out, better????

-alot of stories involving black people are over exposed in the media for no reason, and a lot of the whites who arent in the loop and just see these faces on the news are getting tired of it, even though i tell them they shouldnt direct there anger at black people

ManifestTruth
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by ManifestTruth » February 3rd, 2009, 1:25 pm

Johnny, Johnny, Johhny.. You some sort of racial savant these days??? Controversy sells and what's more, in the States, one of the quickest ways to have a media circus in your city/town is to have nooses in plain sight. Bottom line, my dude, call it what you want. Why some are so quick to name Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton(like they're the lifetime, historical leaders of Black people) is comical. Those guys do what they do..

Sadly, racism is alive and well..Unfortunately, whites will appear to be the greatest trangressors as they hold the majority(if not all) the power still. One day the evil twins(white guilt/black rage) will be buried in hopefully history's deepest ditch. Til then, let the games go on..

whiskeyjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by whiskeyjack » February 4th, 2009, 7:09 am

-manifest i know you have connections in the black community of america, you should fight over representation of your people cause cause like you said controversy sells and the media is politicizing your peoples struggle for there own ends. Mabye for social engineering i dont know, enlighten me, but the fact of the matter is whites who dont understand much about anything see all this extra news coverage for trivial things black people are going through and these white people get mad cause they feel that something more serious, like the majority of the crimes perputrated against them should be publized the same as black issues. And as a result we have people who have degraded to the level iam at

ManifestTruth
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by ManifestTruth » February 4th, 2009, 11:30 am

manifest i know you have connections in the black community of america, you should fight over representation of your people cause cause like you said controversy sells and the media is politicizing your peoples struggle for there own ends
To quote President Barack Hussein Obama, "There's not a black America and a white America.. Only the United States of
America"!! That said, maybe your fight should be against the media(enlightened people focus on the human element, not soundbites and sensationalism). When you say my peoples I can only scratch my head..My peoples are the American
people, and right now so many of us are worried. Worried about what the future holds for us, especially our children. Globally
speaking, we all face arguably the greatest challenge of this young century.. Global economic collapse, and believe you me,
economic depression doesnt and will not discriminate. Ask folks in Iceland, Russia, China, Japan, Albania, Mexico, and
many other nations across the globe and you'll see a common concern..Per capita incomes are falling faster than a timber
tree and GNP's(Gross National Product) are not that far behind..

..So what you label media favoritism, I call opportunistic journalism. Representation of "my people"? Well, last I checked
we have a black President. But get this, he's both black and white. Not only that, he was raised by the white side of his
family and not just that, they were supportive of him in wanting to better understand his black heritage. Talk about the
best of both worlds. And what does he do with the best of both worlds?? Goes out and tries to show people that the best world is one world... PEACE!!

Return to “Race and Ethnicity, Racial Relations & Racism”