WORDS FROM A SURENO

The topics of Race & Religion are discussed in this section.
OGXCHAOSX216XGANG
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: LOS ANGELES

WORDS FROM A SURENO

Unread post by OGXCHAOSX216XGANG » May 19th, 2009, 3:48 pm

Monday, December 01, 2008
Words From A Sureño Pinto
By ARTURO, a Veterano

When asked the question of how and where I grew up? Where I grew up is easy to answer… I grew up in East L.A. until I was 14 years old. How I grew up is typical for most cholos involved in gang warfare. I grew up in the juvenile system till I graduated to Adult Authority at 18 years of age. On my first trip, I paroled when I reached my 29th birthday. I stood out for 11 months again and went back for four more years; paroled again and was back where I now have eight years down. So I guess you can say, I actually grew up in the pinta. My viewpoint on young Raza claiming one thing or another, considering so many things, what sticks out furthest in my mind are gangbangers doing drive-bys and claiming to be about something. The second thing is our carnalitos and carnalitas claiming Bloods and Crips, talking and dressing like the blacks. Where and when I grew up, we handled our business face-to-face and hand-to-hand. There was no mistaking your enemy rival because you got out of your car, walked up to the vatos and told them to their face to “get ‘em up.” Drive –by shooters are cowards who bring disgrace to their Varrio and their people. Raza never fought long range. That wasn’t our style and we had more class and pride than to settle things from a speeding car. WE are a proud people. We do things traditionally, like the warriors we came from. It is my opinion that the chavalones of today have lost their self respect because they mix with other races and have adopted their ways. I am not alone in my opinion. Right now, anyone driving up to the county jail in East L.A. with a drive-by shooting beef is in big trouble with the Raza, and more awaits in the pintas. There is no respect for anyone who back-shoots and especially if his or her bullet happens to take the life of an innocent baby or somebody’s jefita. When Raza in the pinta have a conflict with a certain gang, they deal only with the gang members involved directly. When the blacks have conflicts with a handful of white gangbangers, they pick a stray gavacho and then call it a victory. Often the whites do the same. Raza did not bring drive-bys into the game, the mayates did. And our chicanitos and chicanitas think that’s the way things are done. If you want to follow someone, mi Raza, follow in the footsteps of your own ancestral warriors, who maintained their dignity and self-respect during wartime and who did not attack from the bushes. That is not our style!

And for those Raza joining the Crips or the Bloods; what can I say to my people that their own skin and heart can’t say a lot better? Crips and Bloods are black gangs and Raza has no business in them. For one thing, the blacks teach Raza nothing about warfare. We’ve been at it a lot longer and we do it better. Another thing is that it is a disgrace to fight against your own people arm-in-arm with another race. To war against your own people is to be a traitor. If you represent Bloods or Crips, it’s turning against your own kind.

In L.A. you don’t see Raza in black gangs, and if you come to the pinta “Crippin” you’ll soon be “dripping” blood—YOUR OWN! To join black gangs is to give up being Chicano or Chicana and soon you’ll notice you are talking like them because you think that’s cool. There’s nothing cool about a Chicano or Chicana talking black. I don’t understand why a Chicano or Chicana would give up their estilo for that of a mayate. All you have to do is stop and think about it for one minute. How would you feel about a black who acted Chicano? Is he ashamed of his own race? Does he think ours is better than his? And how could you trust or respect anyone who turns their back on their people, their very own race? Now, what do you think the mayate thinks of you who tries to be like him? Are you his equal? Can you sleep with his women? Or he just using you for your women?

Am I prejudiced? Damn right, but only to the point where “Raza” begins to adopt their ways and against the threat of Raza losing their identity. Look at the riot in L.A. over Rodney King. You saw mayates attacking Latinos! That tells you where their heart is (where we are concerned). To them, deep down inside, we can never be equals, and you youngsters best wake up to the reality that you are useful to the mayate—but when the chips are down, they will sell you out first because you are not really one of them. I been forced to live with them since I was 14 years old and I’ve met thousands of them, so I guess that qualifies me as an authority. And there’s more. Take their rap music for instance, the music your sisters, homegirls and primas listen to, that talks about their sexuality! What you’re listening to is mayates working on the minds and emotions of your women so that it will be easier to get into their pants. They talk about licking her up and down, entering her from the rear and being able to sex her up all night long. They insinuate through select wording, designed to draw a picture in the minds of our women, that they are sexually superior. If you listen to anything long enough, you’ll identify with it and eventually believe it! Who do you think they are directing their music to? Who are they trying to convince? Anyone that will listen to them. That particular “type of rap” has no class, and you have no self-respect if you allow your carnalas and rucas to listen to mayates bragging about their manhood. You only have to check Raza rappers and compare them to see if Raza shakes their privates at our rucas over the air. You won’t find it, because there’s more respect there.

You know here in the pinta there’s ways Raza gets along and reasons why they don’t get along. There’s a lot of reasons and there’s bad reasons too; jealousy, control, power trips and greed. You have to understand that the pinta is a different world and the rules are different for many reasons. Personalities clash inside the walls just like everywhere else outside, but in the pinta the conflict can last for years and spread. It can affect the person simply because he lives in North or South Califas.
Raza used to get along years ago. Conflicts arising would be settled and left alone if it was dealt with in traditional Chicano style—man-to-man, face-to-face. In the past few years, youngsters coming in brought a new mentality to settling conflicts: anything goes and everyone is involved. It’s called North and South War. There are too many reasons why the war is on and one can’t put a finger on any one reason. It’s safe to say that the war is on for every reason you can think of.

My advise to the youngsters just coming up, is to forget about pinta life because this world is not the real world, and so it doesn’t count for nada. The years I spent looking up to pintos were entirely misguided. You see lil’ brothers, only those who get caught come to the pinta! Think about it, only those that get caught come to prison. The smart ones stay on the calles where the real world is. The smart ones get to see a relationship with a fine brown carnala grow and develop into love. The smart ones get to enjoy life and be part of of all the millions of people who do not give up and fail at life because it gets too tough. They also get to make their dreams come true because they were man enough or woman enough to hang with the strong side of our people.

Coming to prison means you couldn’t hold down a funky jale or finish school. It means you wanted something for nothing and failed at getting it. It means your world stops and hell begins—in the pinta.

Yeah, writing letters is the only way I can do my part to help educate La Raza.

joker123
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: SUR SIDE LOS ANGELES

Re: WORDS FROM A SURENO

Unread post by joker123 » May 24th, 2009, 2:48 pm

yea dats rite i seen chicanos dressing like mayaters wtf is that......
back in the days it was gettin creased up n sliCK baCK hair or bald.....

xxx
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by xxx » May 24th, 2009, 5:15 pm

OGXCHAOSX216XGANG wrote:Monday, December 01, 2008
By ARTURO, a Veterano

When asked the question of how and where I grew up? Where I grew up is easy to answer… I grew up in East L.A. until I was 14 years old. How I grew up is typical for most cholos involved in gang warfare. I grew up in the juvenile system till I graduated to Adult Authority at 18 years of age. On my first trip, I paroled when I reached my 29th birthday. I stood out for 11 months again and went back for four more years; paroled again and was back where I now have eight years down. So I guess you can say, I actually grew up in the pinta. My viewpoint on young Raza claiming one thing or another, considering so many things, what sticks out furthest in my mind are gangbangers doing drive-bys and claiming to be about something. The second thing is our carnalitos and carnalitas claiming Bloods and Crips, talking and dressing like the blacks. Where and when I grew up, we handled our business face-to-face and hand-to-hand. There was no mistaking your enemy rival because you got out of your car, walked up to the vatos and told them to their face to “get ‘em up.” Drive –by shooters are cowards who bring disgrace to their Varrio and their people. Raza never fought long range. That wasn’t our style and we had more class and pride than to settle things from a speeding car. WE are a proud people. We do things traditionally, like the warriors we came from. It is my opinion that the chavalones of today have lost their self respect because they mix with other races and have adopted their ways. I am not alone in my opinion. Right now, anyone driving up to the county jail in East L.A. with a drive-by shooting beef is in big trouble with the Raza, and more awaits in the pintas. There is no respect for anyone who back-shoots and especially if his or her bullet happens to take the life of an innocent baby or somebody’s jefita. When Raza in the pinta have a conflict with a certain gang, they deal only with the gang members involved directly. When the blacks have conflicts with a handful of white gangbangers, they pick a stray gavacho and then call it a victory. Often the whites do the same. Raza did not bring drive-bys into the game, the mayates did. And our chicanitos and chicanitas think that’s the way things are done. If you want to follow someone, mi Raza, follow in the footsteps of your own ancestral warriors, who maintained their dignity and self-respect during wartime and who did not attack from the bushes. That is not our style!

And for those Raza joining the Crips or the Bloods; what can I say to my people that their own skin and heart can’t say a lot better? Crips and Bloods are black gangs and Raza has no business in them. For one thing, the blacks teach Raza nothing about warfare. We’ve been at it a lot longer and we do it better. Another thing is that it is a disgrace to fight against your own people arm-in-arm with another race. To war against your own people is to be a traitor. If you represent Bloods or Crips, it’s turning against your own kind.

In L.A. you don’t see Raza in black gangs, and if you come to the pinta “Crippin” you’ll soon be “dripping” blood—YOUR OWN! To join black gangs is to give up being Chicano or Chicana and soon you’ll notice you are talking like them because you think that’s cool. There’s nothing cool about a Chicano or Chicana talking black. I don’t understand why a Chicano or Chicana would give up their estilo for that of a mayate. All you have to do is stop and think about it for one minute. How would you feel about a black who acted Chicano? Is he ashamed of his own race? Does he think ours is better than his? And how could you trust or respect anyone who turns their back on their people, their very own race? Now, what do you think the mayate thinks of you who tries to be like him? Are you his equal? Can you sleep with his women? Or he just using you for your women?

Am I prejudiced? Damn right, but only to the point where “Raza” begins to adopt their ways and against the threat of Raza losing their identity. Look at the riot in L.A. over Rodney King. You saw mayates attacking Latinos! That tells you where their heart is (where we are concerned). To them, deep down inside, we can never be equals, and you youngsters best wake up to the reality that you are useful to the mayate—but when the chips are down, they will sell you out first because you are not really one of them. I been forced to live with them since I was 14 years old and I’ve met thousands of them, so I guess that qualifies me as an authority. And there’s more. Take their rap music for instance, the music your sisters, homegirls and primas listen to, that talks about their sexuality! What you’re listening to is mayates working on the minds and emotions of your women so that it will be easier to get into their pants. They talk about licking her up and down, entering her from the rear and being able to sex her up all night long. They insinuate through select wording, designed to draw a picture in the minds of our women, that they are sexually superior. If you listen to anything long enough, you’ll identify with it and eventually believe it! Who do you think they are directing their music to? Who are they trying to convince? Anyone that will listen to them. That particular “type of rap” has no class, and you have no self-respect if you allow your carnalas and rucas to listen to mayates bragging about their manhood. You only have to check Raza rappers and compare them to see if Raza shakes their privates at our rucas over the air. You won’t find it, because there’s more respect there.

You know here in the pinta there’s ways Raza gets along and reasons why they don’t get along. There’s a lot of reasons and there’s bad reasons too; jealousy, control, power trips and greed. You have to understand that the pinta is a different world and the rules are different for many reasons. Personalities clash inside the walls just like everywhere else outside, but in the pinta the conflict can last for years and spread. It can affect the person simply because he lives in North or South Califas.
Raza used to get along years ago. Conflicts arising would be settled and left alone if it was dealt with in traditional Chicano style—man-to-man, face-to-face. In the past few years, youngsters coming in brought a new mentality to settling conflicts: anything goes and everyone is involved. It’s called North and South War. There are too many reasons why the war is on and one can’t put a finger on any one reason. It’s safe to say that the war is on for every reason you can think of.

My advise to the youngsters just coming up, is to forget about pinta life because this world is not the real world, and so it doesn’t count for nada. The years I spent looking up to pintos were entirely misguided. You see lil’ brothers, only those who get caught come to the pinta! Think about it, only those that get caught come to prison. The smart ones stay on the calles where the real world is. The smart ones get to see a relationship with a fine brown carnala grow and develop into love. The smart ones get to enjoy life and be part of of all the millions of people who do not give up and fail at life because it gets too tough. They also get to make their dreams come true because they were man enough or woman enough to hang with the strong side of our people.

Coming to prison means you couldn’t hold down a funky jale or finish school. It means you wanted something for nothing and failed at getting it. It means your world stops and hell begins—in the pinta.

LMAO!

xxx
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by xxx » May 24th, 2009, 5:20 pm

joker123 wrote:yea dats rite i seen chicanos dressing like mayaters wtf is that......
back in the days it was gettin creased up n sliCK baCK hair or bald.....

Your a weenie that wasnt around to see anything back in the days, now bust a rap for the forum!

HIGHINSP
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: kush county

Unread post by HIGHINSP » May 24th, 2009, 11:25 pm

xxx wrote: Your a weenie that wasnt around to see anything back in the days, now bust a rap for the forum!
you sound like a little bitch

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » May 25th, 2009, 1:30 am

damn some chicanos have it fucked up, all that creased back 'chuco shit comes form the black zoot suiters, jazz scene black people from the east coast, truthful Mexicans have even said that the first kind of English many Mexicans in LA learned was the black dialect of English, and blacks didn't create drive by shooting, it was 'Machine Gun Kelly', an Irish gangster in the 20's and 30's -who killed an innocent boy in one of his drive-bys, I can't say shit for La Raza cuz as much as they think they are better off than blacks they are just as stupid and dumb. They come from a bastardized mongrel culture like us, have no real sense of history like us, don't really run their native country like we don't run our native continent, been colonized and implanted with racist white (Spanish) BS like us, and that's why they are fuckin stupid like us as well.

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: SJ

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » May 25th, 2009, 11:39 am

perongregory wrote:damn some chicanos have it #%@& up, all that creased back 'chuco shit comes form the black zoot suiters, jazz scene black people from the east coast, truthful Mexicans have even said that the first kind of English many Mexicans in LA learned was the black dialect of English, and blacks didn't create drive by shooting, it was 'Machine Gun Kelly', an Irish gangster in the 20's and 30's -who killed an innocent boy in one of his drive-bys, I can't say shit for La Raza because as much as they think they are better off than blacks they are just as stupid and dumb. They come from a bastardized mongrel culture like us, have no real sense of history like us, don't really run their native country like we don't run our native continent, been colonized and implanted with racist white (Spanish) BS like us, and that's why they are fuckin stupid like us as well.
Damn... I always knew a mobster invented the drive-by, but never knew the story. I think it's stupid that people actually think only modern day street gangs do drive-bys. You hit the gut pretty hard there, but I agree with a lot you said.

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » May 25th, 2009, 12:09 pm

Can anybody show me more info on Machine gun Kelly? Like an article about the drive-by?

necron
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: London

Unread post by necron » May 25th, 2009, 1:53 pm

Just another disillusioned ese. Pathetic.

OGXCHAOSX216XGANG
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by OGXCHAOSX216XGANG » May 29th, 2009, 4:28 pm

HIGHINSP wrote:
xxx wrote: Your a weenie that wasnt around to see anything back in the days, now bust a rap for the forum!
you sound like a little bitch
CHINGA TU MADRE HIGHINSP YOU XXPXUXTX0XX!!!!!!

joker123
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by joker123 » May 29th, 2009, 7:20 pm

yea dats y blaCKs cant hang with SURENOS!!!

OGXCHAOSX216XGANG
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by OGXCHAOSX216XGANG » May 30th, 2009, 11:10 am

joker123 wrote:yea dats y blaCKs cant hang with SURENOS!!!
YEAH RIGHT BETHAY YOU KNOW ONE BLACK CAN AND DOES HANG WITH 5 SURATS ITS ALWAYS BEEN LIKE THAT YOU STUPID DONKEY

joker123
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by joker123 » May 31st, 2009, 11:54 am

OGXCHAOSX216XGANG wrote:
YEAH RIGHT BETHAY YOU KNOW ONE BLACK CAN AND DOES HANG WITH 5 SURATS ITS ALWAYS BEEN LIKE THAT YOU STUPID DONKEY
FuCKen CRAB hahah making me laugh!!!GET THIS SHIT STARIGHT LOOK WAT HAPPEN F13 VS CHEESETOASTK MOST OF THEM MOVE OUT OF THE HOOD CAUSE THEY CAN'T HANG!!!!

OGXCHAOSX216XGANG
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by OGXCHAOSX216XGANG » May 31st, 2009, 12:28 pm

joker123 wrote:
OGXCHAOSX216XGANG wrote:
#%@&$% CRAB hahah making me laugh!!!GET THIS SHIT STARIGHT LOOK WAT HAPPEN F13 VS CHEESETOASTK MOST OF THEM MOVE OUT OF THE HOOD CAUSE THEY CAN'T HANG!!!!
F13 AINT DOING NOTHING TO EASTCOAST CRIP HAHAHAHA THE ECC BE OUT DEEP EVERYDAY FLOWER 13 FULL OF TALK AND WALL BANGING THATS WHY F13 GOT JACKED FOR ALL THEY XXD0PEXX HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

joker123
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by joker123 » May 31st, 2009, 12:40 pm

hahaha u lame ass CKrab!!!!F13 IS ALWAYS ON MISSIONS AND KILLING CKHEESETOASTCKRABS!!!!THER R ALWAYS POSTED UP AND NEVER ECCK SEEN AROUND!!!when FOOS 4RM F13 BANGS ON ECCK THEY RANK IT!!!!
SURENOS WORLD WIDE!!!

OGXCHAOSX216XGANG
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by OGXCHAOSX216XGANG » May 31st, 2009, 3:59 pm

joker123 wrote:hahaha u lame ass CKrab!!!!F13 IS ALWAYS ON MISSIONS AND KILLING CKHEESETOASTCKRABS!!!!THER R ALWAYS POSTED UP AND NEVER ECCK SEEN AROUND!!!when FOOS 4RM F13 BANGS ON ECCK THEY RANK IT!!!!
SURENOS WORLD WIDE!!!
FLOWER SURATS GOT JACKED!!! HAHAHAHA STFU!

mrfigueroa111st
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: LA

Unread post by mrfigueroa111st » June 1st, 2009, 11:34 pm

i think f13 killed big ben kapone frum pueblos?? the dude that was in rep your set

joker123
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by joker123 » June 2nd, 2009, 9:25 pm

CHAOS UR STUPID FOO U DNT KOE WATS UP IN the STREETS...SURENOS R ALWAYS TRUE TO THE BLUE!

necron
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: London

Unread post by necron » June 5th, 2009, 2:37 pm

mrfigueroa111st wrote:i think f13 killed big ben kapone frum pueblos?? the dude that was in rep your set
"Don't get caught up" is one of my favourite tracks on that album and IMO the best track from the Bloods. Were F13 responsible or was it the Blood Stones?

xxx
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by xxx » June 13th, 2009, 1:18 pm

A Crackhead/Smoker Mexican from F13 supposedly did it.

Ben Kapone and the Mexican were Smokers.

It was on some Smoker Shit

Old_man07
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Old_man07 » June 13th, 2009, 8:01 pm

Interesting he mentions the LA riots and how the Blacks were beating up Latino's. Those riots really did affect a lot of race relations to this day, that was without a doubt one of the turning points in L.A.'s never ending race wars. Before the riots things weren't that bad out on the streets. After the riots, things went bad and never stopped.

As for drive bys as mentioned before the white mobsters from a loooong time ago were doing that before anyone else. Heck even the KKK were doing a form of drive bys when they would shoot people from horses. Nothing new.

htown11

Unread post by htown11 » June 21st, 2009, 7:52 pm

By ARTURO, a Veterano

lol I bet this retard loves zoot suits, calls his friends "homies", and bumps rap lol retard

SmileyGee
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by SmileyGee » September 26th, 2009, 1:24 pm

By ARTURO, a Veterano

It really doesnt matter wat anybody says this older honboys has his believes n believes in the older ways of geeting things done...I honor you n respect you big big homie agree with you in your statement bout the raza acting like blacks and how raza has no busness in that also on how it bring sshame too such an honorable n proud culture
Muchas Gracias
SmileyGee

Tre
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Tre » August 11th, 2011, 2:06 am

OGXCHAOSX216XGANG wrote: Words From A Sureño Pinto
By ARTURO, a Veterano

Take their rap music for instance, the music your sisters, homegirls and primas listen to, that talks about their sexuality! What you’re listening to is mayates working on the minds and emotions of your women so that it will be easier to get into their pants. They talk about licking her up and down, entering her from the rear and being able to sex her up all night long. They insinuate through select wording, designed to draw a picture in the minds of our women, that they are sexually superior. If you listen to anything long enough, you’ll identify with it and eventually believe it! Who do you think they are directing their music to? Who are they trying to convince? Anyone that will listen to them. That particular “type of rap” has no class, and you have no self-respect if you allow your carnalas and rucas to listen to mayates bragging about their manhood. You only have to check Raza rappers and compare them to see if Raza shakes their privates at our rucas over the air. You won’t find it, because there’s more respect there.
* According to this SUR... rap music is all about black men bragging about their sexual exploits (hmmm.. ok)

* According to the nation's largest communications and marketing firm (Daisy Exposito-Ulla of the Bravo Group) the biggest consumers of rap music is Latinos (follow me).

* So if all the above is true than it's safe to say not black, not white, but Latino women are the largest demographic (group) out there purchasing and listening to black men bragging about their sexual prowess (I mean I don't think Latino men are out there listening to black men bragging about their sexual prowess- although I could be wrong).

So if I was this SUR... instead of hating on black men when Latina women are circulating that music amongst themselves. I would question why Latino women feel the need to step outside their own demographic (group), to get their fantasies fulfilled by listening to mayates brag about their dicks.

Obviously Raza rappers- "Not Getting the Job Done"

Coup
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Coup » August 11th, 2011, 11:24 am

^^I think your info is wrong homie....most stats show that whites buy rap more then anybody, like 65-70% of it. Now if your saying that among women, latins buy it the more, that could be? There is no question that latins love Black culture....both music and movies.

I read two years ago that Tupac was the biggest role model for both latin and asian kids in CA.....??

Tre
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Tre » August 12th, 2011, 1:36 am

Coup wrote:I think your info is wrong homie....most stats show that whites buy rap more then anybody, like 65-70% of it. Now if your saying that among women, latins buy it the more, that could be? There is no question that latins love Black culture....both music and movies.
Sup Coup… always good to hear from you bruh!

I wouldn’t be so quick to dismiss the Bravo Groups assertion that it’s actually Latinos and not whites who are the biggest consumers of rap music. Even you assert that Latinos love black culture, music and movies, and considering the last census Latinos far outnumber whites! I think many black artists have already picked up on this and it’s the number one reason why black artist today provides Spanish versions of their songs… it’s obvious these Raza rappers don’t have their demographic on lock-down and brothaz are taking full advantage!

Coup wrote:I read two years ago that Tupac was the biggest role model for both latin and asian kids in CA.....??
I remember back in 2003 riding through EAST LOS and seeing a line of ESEs and Latinas stretching for blocks!!! Me and the homies were curious and thinking what the fuck?? We thought maybe the ESEs were taking their dates to a club, concert or something. We were surprised to find out they were all waiting in line to see the Tupac Resurrection movie.

~J~
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: 408

Unread post by ~J~ » August 12th, 2011, 12:47 pm

I don't necessary agree with all that is said in this homie's letter even within the context of gang life but wither you agree or disagree, it's seemingly heart felt and I'm willing to bet a lot of other older Homeboys echo similar thoughts... although his Rap mindset here seem a bit paranoid. obviously the fellow concerned about influence aspects that he feels are negative on his people even though he himself has failed to set a proper example.

~J~
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by ~J~ » August 12th, 2011, 1:10 pm

perongregory wrote:damn some chicanos have it #%@& up, all that creased back 'chuco shit comes form the black zoot suiters, jazz scene black people from the east coast, truthful Mexicans have even said that the first kind of English many Mexicans in LA learned was the black dialect of English, and blacks didn't create drive by shooting, it was 'Machine Gun Kelly', an Irish gangster in the 20's and 30's -who killed an innocent boy in one of his drive-bys, I can't say shit for La Raza because as much as they think they are better off than blacks they are just as stupid and dumb. They come from a bastardized mongrel culture like us, have no real sense of history like us, don't really run their native country like we don't run our native continent, been colonized and implanted with racist white (Spanish) BS like us, and that's why they are fuckin stupid like us as well.
I believe the creases were picked up from the military, the Cholo attire is really made up for some Americana and military influences.
I suppose you got a point on some Mexicans picking the English language from Blacks back then, could be that both were working either the railroads and or fields back then and this was the only real way for 'em to learn English.

I'm thinking the guy wasn't implying that Blacks started the drive-by but rather the influence of the use on Chicanos by Blacks.

Don't sell your culture short much like ours there's still much to learn/uncover despite the atrocities they've been through like others have.

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » August 12th, 2011, 1:28 pm

~J~ wrote:
I believe the creases were picked up from the military, the Cholo attire is really made up for some Americana and military influences.
I suppose you got a point on some Mexicans picking the English language from Blacks back then, could be that both were working either the railroads and or fields back then and this was the only real way for 'em to learn English.

I'm thinking the guy wasn't implying that Blacks started the drive-by but rather the influence of the use on Chicanos by Blacks.

Don't sell your culture short much like ours there's still much to learn/uncover despite the atrocities they've been through like others have.
I think a lot of things influenced the cholo style, but I'm sick of this topic. LOL It's already been discussed so much on this board.

femun
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Pasadena

Unread post by femun » August 12th, 2011, 4:48 pm

~J~ wrote:I believe the creases were picked up from the military, the Cholo attire is really made up for some Americana and military influences.
The attire was 100% influenced by the military. The creased up khakis,shined up shoes,White T-shirt were all worn by the guys coming back from WWII and Korea. These were also the cheapest clothes to buy since there was a huge surplus due to the wars.(in those days army navy surplus stores were a lot more common than they are now)

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » August 12th, 2011, 4:56 pm

Everybody looked like that in that day, and the majority of soldirs were white so were chicanos biting white people?

~J~
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by ~J~ » August 12th, 2011, 6:14 pm

femun wrote:The attire was 100% influenced by the military. The creased up khakis,shined up shoes,White T-shirt were all worn by the guys coming back from WWII and Korea. These were also the cheapest clothes to buy since there was a huge surplus due to the wars.(in those days army navy surplus stores were a lot more common than they are now)
For once I see you got a pretty good point. and I believe this clothing that the older military family members came back home with specifically during the Korean war really influenced the Cholo attire but some of the Zoot like era clothing were still retained in use like the Fedoras, Stanley Adams and spenders etc.