Chicanos Tattoos on Blacks.

The topics of Race & Religion are discussed in this section.
mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Whittier

Re: Chicanos Tattoos on Blacks.

Unread post by mayugastank » May 11th, 2010, 11:00 pm

perongregory wrote:That's only the bay ones, but southern chicanos be hatin and sayin this and that about enes, saying they regulate their people, yeah in the pen where regulation is mando, but go anywhere there are surenos and a good black pop. And you hear nigga, more black rap, more black style dress, trucks with rims etc. This is the effect of llivin next to blacks. That's why bay area enes act like that, but when I was in the centro valley, the northern getdown was straight old school. I saw this fool smash out in a red pendleton, some cortezes and 501's with a beanie...only after a lil while did I realize I had seen my first northerner. The problem with southern Mexicans is they're very racist ,d love white fools (no wonder that pegleg morgan fool moved a whole group of chicanos), while northeners realize what discrimination and racism is (this why they are much friendlier w blacks). Now Sm mexicans seeing that the gava gives not 1 fu-- about u watching this ordeal in Arizona.

Tit for Tat- Id say chicano influence on blacks in SOCAL is alot heavier then -black influence on chicanos. BY BOATLOADS. Somethings chicanos do that they got from blacks-is striking out their enemies,getting killer on them for their enemies. The decked out rims and sound systems. Alot of the slang that isnt CALO. Blacks in LA have such a huge impact on blacks nationwide-more so then any other regional black -yet the populace of blacks here at its peak was under 400k. Whites and mexican as allies is a historic thing it goes back from the 50s. Alot of the heads of LA EME are old school-they were doing time in the 70s when blacks and whites and mexicans were murdering eachother like no other- Perongregory they dont have a clue about the world outside the 4 corners of their prisons. This white hatred towards mexicans is fairly new and ignited real hard like some 10 years ago nationwide. At this moment mexicans are migrating in massive numbers to places where only whites have ever lived. It is culture shocking white America. Small towns -the burbs,little citys, and every state mexicans are showing up. Conneticut has got an immigration problem. These arent chicanos we are talking about-these are whistling at little girls-ecko wearing and no speake englich paisas these whites are dealing with. Day and night to what and who AMERICANS ARE. To put it comparatively would you have more in common with a refugee camboadian or a white person? thats the way it is. A few here and there isnt to hard to absorb but my boy moved to oklahoma city and told me paisas were everywere! in OKC. Your making it sound racist but even I being of mexican ancestry dont understand them! Driving down wages -sticking to themselves -not even trying to learn english-trying to look gangster and making it look stupid. My visits to other places showed me hwo chicanos are viewed . WE ARE NON EXISTANT. -I walked thru a white downtown once and had everyone in the place stopping to gawk at me-being tatted down with that LA flavor....people didnt know what the fuck I was or what the fuck planet I was from! In the positive I couldnt get the white chicks off me but it felt real odd -being put on display -yet their was quite a sizeable paisa populace there but they were non existant in that they werent paid attention 2. Whites outside the Southwest think all mexicans dress like fool or are paisas-because thats what they have seen of mexicans

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » May 12th, 2010, 12:29 am

I disagree because chicano influence only affected black bangin, not regular black culture. But black culture both the bangin and non-bangin culture has affected both reg. and bangin chicanos.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » May 12th, 2010, 4:36 pm

perongregory wrote:I disagree because chicano influence only affected black bangin, not regular black culture. But black culture both the bangin and non-bangin culture has affected both reg. and bangin chicanos.

As far as the music -yes -BUT thats the extent of it. Chicanos dont have -collared greens in the kitchen -nor do they get their hair twisted up-nor do they dress in black fashion. Nor do they get african style tattoos. But blacks on the other hand -do dress in the fashion of chicanos FAR MORE then vice versa, we can say that white T-and creasing up and bald heads came from chicanos -but then we got to get into an argument of whom started it all over again-I say us and you say you guys...I do rember distinctly growing up and us having a total different style then blacks, but you guys are laying seige to that and saying like THE REAL that it came from the south and blah blah blah, yet our lifestyle has been around WAY longer then your gang one. We have similarities in dress only on the west coast-because you guys got your fashion sense here by watching us-or your style would resemble the NEW YORKER -ATLIAN<SOUTHERN_MIDWESTERN black, whom hold no similiarities with the black fashion of Los Angelos-whom Lousiana fools, have copied. Trust this -that when an LA black travels he stunts and gets attention from the black community-who then begin to try to dress and get down like the kid! Just look at the East Coast swarming with crips and bloods-the deep south like Missippi and South Carolina and North Carolina-their biggest gang problems developed in the 1990s AFTER some LA blacks moved their and started up crip sets like the rolling 90s who controlled Charlotte! It took an LA gang to show a deep historic black city like Charlotte how to get down? How is that? The history of blacks in that city and ATL and Montgomery( another city besieged by an LA gang problem) -FAR FAR FAR surpasses the under a 100 year history of 1% of the United States black populace -figure that? Only 1 out of a 100 blacks live in LA. YET DESPITE THIS -all nationwide gang problems of any merit have to do with transplanted LA gangs. HOW SO? EXPLOSIVE- did during the peak years of the BGD and VL , Los Angelenos black gangs begin to wear beads? bomber jackets? did BGD have a presence here? Unfathomable! Over 50% of the black populace lives in the South-and so much history their but it took LA to change the atmosphere completely? Its a discussion we've had before and I am assuming to have done my share of convincing because the truth rings so true its undeniable. LA is NOT A BLACK CITY! Go to New Orleans-Atlanta-Charlotte-(((((((Harlem-Chicago-Detriot( some of the first spots of blacks from the South to land)Jackson,Montgomery,Mobile. Those are historic blacks citys some with 400 years of history. Their are blacks living on plantations their great great great ancestors lived on-that history is deep and undeniable. But LAs blacks have contributed -to all those citys fashion-artistry-music-fads. Panthers got their start here in Califas-and we couldnt even begin to compare the plight of southern blacks to West Coast ones. That gang mentality was already starting to be part of LA blacks pysche. And that mentality and style of dress and artistry -started amongst my people-not the other way around.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » May 12th, 2010, 4:46 pm

But to give credit where its do-without black music,a deep irrepairable hole would exist in chicano culture. Since their is no chicano music-albeit an indegenous mexican one-whom most chicanos dont listen to. The music of the chicano movement is black music. Without it no-smile now cry later-no drifting on a memeory tattoos,no tears of a clown artwork. Just picture what it would be like -half the themes of chicano tattooing are black music inspired....lol! Ouch thats gotta hurt a fools ego. We need to start working on that and start funding some chicano style music-like the boricuas have their reggeaton. We need something like that! We cant be dependent on blacks to give us the lifeblood of music-because then that gives them an oppurtunity to say " hey the drifting on a memeory theme you guys get tatted came from a black musician.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » May 12th, 2010, 5:45 pm

Your not giving credit where credit is due, you so much want Chicnos to have had more influence on blacks then blacks have had on CHicanos that you are omitting things and forgetting what you have said Chicanos have borrowed from blacks. And East LA is not the center of chicanamismo (sp) -the term is from N. Cali anyway- or the Mexican American culture, unless you want to throw Texmex out but that's a whole population of Mexican-Americans and their culture that predates the LA Mexican American.

Second this city used to be damn there a 1/4th black, also blacks helped co-found this city and the 1st governor of the city was black...even with us not here will always have an indelible mark on this city and a right to it.

Now to non-music related culture Chicanos, both the bangers and regulars have borrowed from blacks:
*Fading your hair - You actually pointed this one out earlier
*Hip hop grafitti culture
-Chicano gangs got the 3 letter varrio abbreviations from hip hop grafitti crews brought here by a black latino.
*Huge jeeps with rims - you see this more than lowriders, the chicnos contribution to car culture
*Scraping your lowrider
*Dance -poppin, struttin all that shit your homies used to do back in the day to herbie hancock, rabbit, etc. from blacks, and the hip hop mexicans with breakdancing and now jerking.
*Slang - go anywhere Chicanos are around blacks you will here Nigga -hell I was on 80th and Hoover and heaard so many niggas in 5 seconds, and lo and behold to 18thstreeters "niggain" at their hearts' desires
*Jordans
*Hip-hop clothes in general - South pole, Ecko, all that hip hop shit eses still wear
*Crossin out enemies puttin K's and so on when strikin up
*Wearin the colors of the local black gang you are homies with - ex. the CVTF with red when they were cool with FTp, the harpies when they were real cool with NHB20's, TMC in East LA (the mexican Crips, lol) with 1st st ECC, F13 in red with Swans, etc.
*Regular talk - Chicanos mix Calo with black slang they dont sound like corny white dudes who throw in Spanish. ZEven the dude who was from EMF or some varrio like that was saying the first english the chicanos learned was black english.
*Car systems - bangin your shit
*Zoot Suits - from the black jazz cats
etc.

I'm not saying this is more then what blacks have taken from Chicanos, I'm saying don't lie.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » May 12th, 2010, 5:48 pm

Don't forget the Brown Berets - direct copy of the black panthers but in all brown.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » May 12th, 2010, 10:37 pm

perongregory wrote:Don't forget the Brown Berets - direct copy of the black panthers but in all brown.

I said that quite a few times -! Absolutely -but it was a sign of the times and blacks actually encouraged that stuff-the panthers were trying to inflate their numbers by actively supporting all anti-establishment causes( think of Huey and the hippy movement). Also you can paint the panthers 2 ways! one is your way and saying they were copied by the berets and the other is to say they copied the style of ELA chicano gang structure-of which only in these parts was such an active african -american group mentality present. Why so with so much discrimination didnt the Panther like ideas of self defense take off in hotbeds of racial animosity-Mississippi and other deep southern states? NYC? 2 of the most massive riots in American History took off from right here. Yet the discrimination of West Coast blacks cant seriously be compared to the daylight bombings-burnings-lynchings-false arrests and whole towns being burnt down by the KLAN, in the south. Your -taking the 1/4 of the population figure and spinning it -LA is not a historic city to blacks and YOU KNOW IT! Take the south-and the first citys of southern transplants like detriot -nyc-chitown! Those I just listed are definetly without question the heart of black americas history. 1 out 100 blacks resides in LA. Thats quite desperative when compared to the 50% or in numbers 19 million blacks who make their home in the Southern States. 19 million! 300k in ALL SOCAL?Wheres the comparision? LA would be to black people as much as a home as Philly or DC or Maryland or Miami( their are black parts of all those towns) -are those citys EVER at the forefront of black culture? Only LA -with such a tiny populace of blacks hold so much sway over black attire -forms of gang structure and militancy ( I believe this militancy to be directly corrabative to the gang structure) and that gang structure is chicano gang structure NOT NATIVE to black americans! Because for the millionth time-only in LA do black hold gangs in the numbers and only in LA are black gang culture and black culture joined at the hip! The NY times had an article on gangs in NYC and it decried the influence of LAs gangs on NYC blacks. How the phug do 3 million blacks with a WAY WAY WAY bigger history not come up with their own gang structure -culture and militant groups? it takes 300k blacks in a few citys like compton-watts-inglewood -south central to show all Americas blacks how to dress-get tatted-get down-organize and fight the power? Yes those things you listed (most) were taken from black culture. Its quite low compared to the ideas-massive ideas -of structure -gang as family-gang as a group think unit-gang as a way to organize-fight back and get paid.Those ideas came from the historic chicano gang structure of ELA. Notice how Texas doesnt have any gangs black or mexican without an LA association-we definetly influenced Texas chicanos-not the other way around like you spin it!

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » May 12th, 2010, 10:47 pm

perongregory wrote:Your not giving credit where credit is due, you so much want Chicnos to have had more influence on blacks then blacks have had on CHicanos that you are omitting things and forgetting what you have said Chicanos have borrowed from blacks. And East LA is not the center of chicanamismo (sp) -the term is from N. Cali anyway- or the Mexican American culture, unless you want to throw Texmex out but that's a whole population of Mexican-Americans and their culture that predates the LA Mexican American.

Second this city used to be damn there a 1/4th black, also blacks helped co-found this city and the 1st governor of the city was black...even with us not here will always have an indelible mark on this city and a right to it.

Now to non-music related culture Chicanos, both the bangers and regulars have borrowed from blacks:
*Fading your hair - You actually pointed this one out earlier
*Hip hop grafitti culture
-Chicano gangs got the 3 letter varrio abbreviations from hip hop grafitti crews brought here by a black latino.
*Huge jeeps with rims - you see this more than lowriders, the chicnos contribution to car culture
*Scraping your lowrider
*Dance -poppin, struttin all that shit your homies used to do back in the day to herbie hancock, rabbit, etc. from blacks, and the hip hop mexicans with breakdancing and now jerking.
*Slang - go anywhere Chicanos are around blacks you will here Nigga -hell I was on 80th and Hoover and heaard so many niggas in 5 seconds, and lo and behold to 18thstreeters "niggain" at their hearts' desires
*Jordans
*Hip-hop clothes in general - South pole, Ecko, all that hip hop shit eses still wear
*Crossin out enemies puttin K's and so on when strikin up
*Wearin the colors of the local black gang you are homies with - ex. the CVTF with red when they were cool with FTp, the harpies when they were real cool with NHB20's, TMC in East LA (the mexican Crips, lol) with 1st st ECC, F13 in red with Swans, etc.
*Regular talk - Chicanos mix Calo with black slang they dont sound like corny white dudes who throw in Spanish. ZEven the dude who was from EMF or some varrio like that was saying the first english the chicanos learned was black english.
*Car systems - bangin your shit
*Zoot Suits - from the black jazz cats
etc.

I'm not saying this is more then what blacks have taken from Chicanos, I'm saying don't lie.

PRETY GOOD AND ACCURATE AND UNDISPUTABLE-maybe the zootsuit thing -but hey I cant 100% be sure of.Out of these things only the zootsuit is a contributing factor to chicano gangs-the others are fads-in 10 years they may or may not be wearing Jordans-busted beats-( of which should be listed under the music category I ALREADY ACKNOWLEDGED) as should the dancing -) and once agian the car systems fall under the music of blacks being part of chicano culture!!I said this alrerady!

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » May 12th, 2010, 10:51 pm

Most of those things you listed in your list are part of what I already acknowledged in the MUSIC culture-the dancing -beats sound systems-they all fall under the broad scope of music. If not for the black music their would be no need to have systems-or dance or pop and lock. The graff thing I just dont know -that artistry is and has always been in LA infused with chicano themes and gang culture-even the wrtting style is a play on chicano gang graffiti-NOW.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » May 12th, 2010, 11:08 pm

In 1790, when the first U.S. Census was taken, Africans (including slaves and free people) numbered about 760,000—about 19.3% of the population. In 1860, at the start of the American Civil War, the African American population had increased to 4.4 million, but the percentage rate dropped to 14% of the overall population of the country. The vast majority were slaves, with only 488,000 counted as "freemen". By 1900, the black population had doubled and reached 8.8 million.

In 1910, about 90% of African Americans lived in the South, but large numbers began migrating north looking for better job opportunities and living conditions, and to escape Jim Crow laws and racial violence. The Great Migration, as it was called, spanned the 1890s to the 1970s. From 1916 through the 1960s, more than 6 million black people moved north. But in the 1970s and 1980s, that trend reversed, with more African Americans moving south to the Sun Belt than leaving it.

At the time of the 2000 Census, 54.8% of African Americans lived in the South. In that year, 17.6% of African Americans lived in the Northeast and 18.7% in the Midwest, while only 8.9% lived in the western states. The west does have a sizable black population in certain areas, however. California, the nation's most populous state, has the fifth largest African American population, only behind New York, Texas, Georgia, and Florida. According to the 2000 Census, approximately 2.05% of African Americans identified as Hispanic or Latino in origin,[5] many of whom may be of Brazilian, Puerto Rican, Dominican, Cuban, Haitian, or other Latin American descent.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » May 12th, 2010, 11:14 pm

California, the nation's most populous state, has the fifth largest African American population, only behind New York, Texas, Georgia, and Florida

So Florida and Texas and NYC and Georgia all have higher amounts of blacks? Whats the name of their major gangs there? CRIPS AND BLOODS. Their are more Blacks in South Florida then in LA..........................and no major black gangs outside of West Coast ones there......gimme a break~ cant you see WHY??????????? only in direct contact with ELAs chicano community did they form those ideas of gangs as culture!! Texas that historic chicano state is home to a wannabee LA culture! For both blacks and mexicans! Dont discount LA as being second to Texas because their have been mexicans here as long as in Texas and possible longer. Baja is a skip away -its unbelievable to think that their wouldnt be!

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » May 12th, 2010, 11:16 pm

The 38th Street gang is a Mexican street gang from South Central, Los Angeles. The 38th Street gang is one of the oldest street gangs in Los Angeles.

Contents [hide]
1 History
2 Criminal Activities
3 See also
4 References

[edit] History
Founded in the 1920s, the 38th Street gang dates back to the pachucos and zoot suits and was formed in the borderline between South Central and the City of Vernon. They received media attention in the 1940s as a result of the "Sleepy Lagoon Murder" and trial. Several members were arrested and convicted of the murder of José Díaz.[1][2] On October 4, 1943, the convictions of the gang members were overturned and the gang members were allegedly welcomed back to their communities as heroes.[2][3] Shortly after "Sleepy Lagoon", the newspapers were said to have exaggerated the headlines about the gang that wore zoot suits and created war-time hysteria and prejudice against the Mexican-American community. Many Mexican-Americans from the segregated parts of town were attacked by sailors and members of other branches of the United States military. The military personnel felt Zoot Suiters were not contributing to the war effort and were wasting valuable resources by dressing so flamboyant, innocent hispanic civilians were also attacked by the sailors without provocation. After the riots and because of international criticism the city council adopted a resolution that banned the wearing of zoot suits on Los Angeles streets. It also banned sailors from going to Los Angeles on leave.[2] 38th street is often credited for starting a new style of dress; during the time the sleepy lagoon defendants were incarcerated they were given over sized clothing to be made fun off by anglo inmates and prison staff. However, instead, they maintained their clothing well cleaned and ironed, this is the dress style that gangmembers being wearing ever since.

THE OLDEST GANG IN AMERICA.PERIOD!

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Unread post by Sentenza » May 13th, 2010, 5:30 am

mayugastank wrote:
What about the Five Points gang and the Eastmans?

Credit goes out to the irish in this case.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five_Points_Gang
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastman_Gang

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » May 13th, 2010, 11:03 am

mayugastank wrote:California, the nation's most populous state, has the fifth largest African American population, only behind New York, Texas, Georgia, and Florida

So Florida and Texas and NYC and Georgia all have higher amounts of blacks? Whats the name of their major gangs there? CRIPS AND BLOODS. Their are more Blacks in South Florida then in LA..........................and no major black gangs outside of West Coast ones there......gimme a break~ cant you see WHY??????????? only in direct contact with ELAs chicano community did they form those ideas of gangs as culture!! Texas that historic chicano state is home to a wannabee LA culture! For both blacks and mexicans! Dont discount LA as being second to Texas because their have been mexicans here as long as in Texas and possible longer. Baja is a skip away -its unbelievable to think that their wouldnt be!
You're confounding reasons why the bloods and crips arose in LA. You should see the history of blacks prior to b's and c's in the film 41st and Central, showing today at UCLA at 6pm in the neve auditorium. There were gangs before the panthers, it was only logical gangs sprout up even more militant, even more ideaglogical after the panthers faded. You look at the south and say Most blacks are in the south so they should have the most black culture...WRONG! Many of the people who stayed in the south had/have a diff. Mentality of the southren blacks who moved out west. Many blacks who moved out west did so because they were shootin up shit in the south, rebellious types. Plus the climate in LA, with the racist white gangs, and LAPD actively recruiting in the south to wage war on this new black community would only spawn gangs. The south spawned peaceful groups, the north spawned gangs in all races, and hate groups, but groups nonetheless. Chicago had no big Mexican population and they still spawned st gangs that besides a few diffs. resemble our gangs.

And Chicagoans look at their gangs like culture as well, my friend. Mayuga, for the future you really need to brush up on your black history, seems I'm up to date with Chicano history but you not so much with black history.

And the BPP didn't take after chicano gangs...they started in Oakland, and took after revolutionary groups. East LA hs given a lot but they're not gonna garnish our achievements, pat their belly, and say hey, we stand alone as just creators we weren't influenced at all.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » May 13th, 2010, 12:19 pm

Sentenza wrote:
mayugastank wrote:
What about the Five Points gang and the Eastmans?

Credit goes out to the irish in this case.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five_Points_Gang
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastman_Gang

THEY STILL AROUND??NO SIR! We have the oldest longest living gangs in the USA-which is why so much of ELAs sauce is immitated poorly, but irregardless, imitated!another thing those guys didnt do is tattoo en masse and develop the styles seen predominantly amongst Americas youth. The Americana tattoo stylization is almost completely chicano themed-although color may be added and the words changed around to suit the individual of another race it is our patterns and style that made tattooing in Americawhat it is.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » May 13th, 2010, 12:37 pm

You're confounding reasons why the bloods and crips arose in LA. You should see the history of blacks prior to b's and c's in the film 41st and Central, showing today at UCLA at 6pm in the neve auditorium. There were gangs before the panthers, it was only logical gangs sprout up even more militant, even more ideaglogical after the panthers faded. You look at the south and say Most blacks are in the south so they should have the most black culture...WRONG! Many of the people who stayed in the south had/have a diff. Mentality of the southren blacks who moved out west. Many blacks who moved out west did so because they were shootin up shit in the south, rebellious types. Plus the climate in LA, with the racist white gangs, and LAPD actively recruiting in the south to wage war on this new black community would only spawn gangs. The south spawned peaceful groups, the north spawned gangs in all races, and hate groups, but groups nonetheless. Chicago had no big Mexican population and they still spawned st gangs that besides a few diffs. resemble our gangs.

And Chicagoans look at their gangs like culture as well, my friend. Mayuga, for the future you really need to brush up on your black history, seems I'm up to date with Chicano history but you not so much with black history.

And the BPP didn't take after chicano gangs...they started in Oakland, and took after revolutionary groups. East LA hs given a lot but they're not gonna garnish our achievements, pat their belly, and say hey, we stand alone as just creators we weren't influenced at all.perongregory

The Latin Kings are said to be the largest and most organized Hispanic street gang in the United States of America, [1], which has its roots dating back to the 1940s in Chicago, Illinois. [2] The Latin Kings first emerged in Chicago in the 1940s after several young Puerto Rican males on the north side—and later, Mexican males on the south side—organized into a self-defense group to protect their communities.............................................

NO SIZEABLE MEXICAN POPULATION IN CHICAGO????seems like what population their was was able to contribute to the beginnings of the Latin Kings.so from their begining roots MEXICAN MALES were able to be part of the start of the king nation. Of which nation and signals contributed to ALL chicago gang styles!Yet despite this in NYC -PRs didnt have LK till way later like the 80s and mid 90s.!Once again MEXICAN MALES-whom probably knew about or had family in gangs in ELA or surrounding areas took the idea of tattooing -gang signals -colors and heritage and mixed it into modern street culture-Mexicans were their at the start of the Latin Kings -Chicagos oldest gang.This gang predates any black gang in the area.Our hands are everywhere-and notice that only amongst a population with MEXICAN MALES does the ideas similiar to ELAS gang culture become city culture and other races culture-would the kings exist if not for the mexican males? so why werent they an issue in NYC with a thorough Puerto Rican and Puerto zRican history in that city?it ook us to infuse our styles their-who then were copied by gangs like the disciples and folk nation -why is it anytime we are in close proximity to eachother d our gangs start to resemble eachother??????????????????????why the hell doesnt any of this exist in the SOUTH ( your homeland) probably because outside of Television their wsnt any MEXICAN MALES TO COPY!

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » May 13th, 2010, 12:56 pm

I guess that's why the kings side more with their puerto rican side then everywhere, with even the Mexicans dressing hip hop saying nigga etc? I wonder why this supposed ELA gang history didn't proliferate into the Chicago gang style, no lowriders, no kahakis up to your stomach, Calo, LA chicano style grafitti, none of that shit. LK is a p.rican gang through and through, with p.rican style not chicano and you know it. NY is silly they abandon their gangs, every race in the city to adopt foreign gangs or have new booty paisa hoods or funny style dominican trinitarios running around with machetes.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » May 13th, 2010, 1:00 pm

And like aalways you forget the whiiteboys who always predate both latins and blacks with the gang shit.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » May 13th, 2010, 1:06 pm

PEOPLE make note! Only in Los Angelos do black and latino styles of dress and gang structure resemble eachother! They werent wearing 501s,wife beaters -white Ts-getting tatted up in their historic home states. Chicagos oldest gang is the latin kings -a group co-founded by mexicans-which would explain the tattoing,gang signals,and some styles similiar to LAs chicano community. I for one acknowledge that my culture is of one group think and mind-whether we are in Texas-Arizona-New Mexico-ELA-or chicago-alot of our attire and demeanor and street style are either similiar or close enough to see the similarities. Chicago-had an influx of Puerto Ricans and others whom added some aspects to latino gang culture out their -but dont be fooled because we were their since their beginings. Yet in NYC -the style of gangs and street culture didnt take root. NO LATIN KINGS their till way later in the game-despite NYC being home to the VAST majority of Puerto Ricans in the states. WE OWN THIS SHIT. Perongregory argument is that the black culture is not autonomous! what a crock! like all LAs black community just sprung up outta the ground with no help from nationwide blacks despite their being only 1% of the entire black population. Listen to the argument. Los Angelos holds less blacks then South Florida and always has!!!!! yet no gang structure their similiar to here. WHY>? because their werent chicanos out there except for on TV-so they werent able to directly see what we were wearing and tattooing. He paints LA blacks as being the rowdy bunch -and compares the discrimination in California against blacks to the discrimination they faced in Texas,the south and shoot even Florida, home to the ROSEWOOD massacre-where the KLAN killed entire citys of blacks. Nothing like that EVER happened in LA. Give it up -my reasons are valid -thorough and watertight. I have destroyed these arguments!

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » May 13th, 2010, 1:14 pm

perongregory wrote:I guess that's why the kings side more with their puerto rican side then everywhere, with even the Mexicans dressing hip hop saying nigga etc? I wonder why this supposed ELA gang history didn't proliferate into the Chicago gang style, no lowriders, no kahakis up to your stomach, Calo, LA chicano style grafitti, none of that shit. LK is a p.rican gang through and through, with p.rican style not chicano and you know it. NY is silly they abandon their gangs, every race in the city to adopt foreign gangs or have new booty paisa hoods or funny style dominican trinitarios running around with machetes.

I said this. But the kings were co-started by mexicans although WAY smaller in number -the idea as a gang as a family unit-tattoing-graffiti( of which is similiar to ELA) and gang signals were more then likely incorporated from ELAs gangs. Like you said their wasnt enough mexicans in the Chitown to hold cultural significance. So it explains the lack of and yet the similarities to ELAs historic gang/street culture! Just give up my man. Why weret they (LKN) started in Jersey,NYC,? tons more puerto ricans their then in Chitown-tons more! becasue it took mexicans to bring their ideas to make it what it is. Although the other latinos give it their sauce -it was our ideas who started it-dont discount them because Mexicans were their since the inception of the kings-

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » May 13th, 2010, 1:16 pm

They are not watertight, what you espouse as facts is mainly rhetoric. I said the majority of blacks who migrated from the south were the rowdy ones, precisely why BPP Slausons, gladiators, etc. sprung up out here in the west and not the south. They went through horrible shit in the south but they were alot more peaceful...Black rebellion erupted in the North and most violently in the west and no one can contest that. You never address whites having the first gangs in Ny, LA, and Chicago, and you never addressed that some of these ol' school chicano barrios were white hoods that flipped when the whites left the area. Chicanos did not originate gang culture in any major city, but in LA they laid down the blueprint of what we know as the modern st. gang. I've said this plenty of times. And I like how you avoid my question of why the Mexicans, not Chicanos in Chicago didn't resemble the ELA chicano if Mexicans all have the same string or whatever you said. White boys created the American gang, Mexicans created the blueprint of the modern st gang, and blacks brought it to a new level and that's the damn truth, anyone else saying otherwise is a hater and a liar.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » May 13th, 2010, 1:35 pm

The Latin Kings rose to be one of the most feared and revered gangs inside and outside the penal system in the state of Illinois. The Latin Kings ordered "hits" against correctional officers, killed disobedient members and did not hesitate to commit violence against rival gang members [6]. Latin King gang members would follow orders and vowed to lay down their lives for their "Nation". Unfortunately, this also meant extreme internal discipline and organized fear. One such story goes as follows:

In 1983, an inmate by the name of Carlos Robles was considered an escapee two days before he was scheduled to be released from the Illinois Department of Corrections. Years later, a high-ranking Latin King, who turned informant, gave the FBI critical information about the location of Carlos' skull and the bloody tale of how the Latin Kings butchered him and fed him to the Stateville Prison inmate population for dinner.

According to the informant's account, Carlos Robles was a northside Latin King who had disrespected the leader of the Southside Latin Kings, one Raul Gonzalez (AKA "Baby King"). After receiving approval from Gustavo Colon, the hit was ordered against Carlos Robles.

The two Latin Kings that were chosen for the hit were heavy PCP users, and they basically told him they were throwing him a "going away party". The two hit-men got permission from the cellhouse guard to use the basement for the going away party—the basement of the cellhouse unit also contained the shower area. When Carlos entered the basement of the cellhouse with the Latin Kings they decapitated him and then chopped his body up into smaller pieces with heavy gauge steel machetes. First they cut off Carlos' head; Then one arm, then the other arm. With a little hacking, off went one leg, then the other. They chopped at the torso, cutting it into smaller pieces. The head was the only body part that could not be sliced up into smaller pieces. To eliminate evidence, they turned on the showers to drain the blood and wash off the body parts. Members of their own gang, according to the informants testimony, cooperated upstairs in the cell house by staging a diversion fight. Meanwhile the two Latin Kings placed the body parts into plastic bags and went through a tunnel which led to what was then the butcher shop area of the prisons kitchen.

The two Latin Kings paid a rival gang member, who was in charge of the butcher shop, to grind up the body parts in the older meat grinder that was there, a very large commercial grade meat grinder. On the menu for the evening meal that night at Stateville Penitentiary was meat loaf. The rival gang member agreed, and grinded up the body parts with the pork and beef that was also going into the meat loaf for the evening meal. The skull was incapable of being ground; therefore, the killers buried the skull in the basement of the cellhouse [6].

No traces of the skin, bones, teeth, or blood of Carlos Robles were found for years. That is until the skull was dug up in 1995 in Stateville [12] when an informant offered information of its whereabouts to federal authorities in 1995. No one was ever charged for his murder.

I

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » May 13th, 2010, 1:40 pm

Damn, I will say everytime I read about LK or latin gangs theyakre always doing some greusome knife shit, I guess whites and foreign blacks are on that tip too. American blacks like to shoot, or beat down, all that choppin shit up fuck that.

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: SJ

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » May 13th, 2010, 4:06 pm

I'm surprised someone w/a rat brain can type.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » May 13th, 2010, 7:52 pm

MMRbkaRudog wrote:I'm surprised someone w/a rat brain can type.

Not only can I type-I can read-analyze -and form coherent paragraphs expressing my opinions! Those opinions are only formed after FULLY understanding the situation. When I am in doubt about something -I continously research -until I have either found no more avenues to exhaust and declared an end by default or have reached a hard conclusion backed by investigations. SON! EVERYTHING I SAY and EVERYTHING I EXPRESS AN OPINION ON is well researched and expressed to the best of my abilities. My thesis are usually reached by dozens of investigative reports-I merely sum them up! As per say -this here thread and my own view of the situation in question. In simply english -I speak on what I know -if theres something I dont know -I look it up-its the beauty of information at our fingertips. Babygirl :P

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » May 13th, 2010, 8:38 pm

I don't agree with what you said & none agree with everything you said in this topic. SON! :lol: Are you an NY brotha now? You know I had to get you for that 1. Or is it baby girl? Na, I don't play that gay shit like you do in West Hollywood.

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » May 13th, 2010, 8:41 pm

Oh excuse me, you ain't currently there. Probably just as fruity tho..

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: West Los

Unread post by Silencioso » May 14th, 2010, 1:14 pm

The biggest black gang in the South is Gangster Disciples/Folks. GD's and Vice Lords were popping up in the South before Crips and Bloods. The spread of C's and B's in the Northeast and South was aided by the popularity of West Coast Gangsta rap/G-Funk and the media obsession with L.A. black gangs in the early 90's. I think that's pretty common knowledge.

Also, where are you getting this idea that the Northeast and the Midwest never had black gangs of note before the recent L.A. influence. The classic NY "West Side Story" era gangs weren't just PR and Whites they were Black, too. They had huge black gangs in NY in the 50's, early 60's like the Sportsmen (Harlem), Chaplains (Bklyn, Queens), Imperial Lords (Bklyn). The Chaplains and Lords were structured like the Crips and ViceLords, with different Chaplains and Lords neighborhoods having a different play on the main gang name - Mau Mau Chaplains, Ft. Greens Chaplains, Comanchero Chaplains, Homicide Lords etc. This is a common feature of black gangs to share a common "family name". It's not very common in Mexican, Puerto Ricans and Whites, unless they've been influenced by Blacks, like in Chicago.

In the '70's there were big black gangs in NY again - Black Spades, Tomahawks, Peacemakers, Jolly Stompers (Mike Tyson's old gang). This gang culture was cut short by the popularity of hip hop culture which replaced large organized gangs with smaller, looser "crews/posses". This is why the Bloods were allowed to start up in NY and get so big. There only competition was small time hiphop and block "crews"/ "posses" like the Franklin Ave. Posse, Lo-Lifes and Decepticons. Do you think they would gotten so big if there were still Black Spades, Peacemakers and Bklyn Tomahawks around?

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Silencioso » May 14th, 2010, 1:23 pm

Here's some Bklyn Tomahawks from the mid 70's. They obviously had a full blown gang style/culture. They're all rocking the same basic style which was clearly their idea of looking "gangster". Completely unconnected to L.A. The Crips were still in their formative stages when this was photo was taken. It would be crazy to assume these people got their image/style from L.A. Blacks or by extension cholos. I could most hundreds of photos like these. L.A. is not the birthplace of gang culture. that's just a media generated hype of the last 20 years or so.
thparade2.gif
thparade2.gif (50.68 KiB) Viewed 11715 times

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Silencioso » May 14th, 2010, 1:49 pm

Black Spades:
blackspades5bv.jpg
blackspades5bv.jpg (25.49 KiB) Viewed 11710 times
Wow, that guy looks just like an L.A. Crip! (sarcasm)

19DAGO04
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: 1904

Unread post by 19DAGO04 » May 14th, 2010, 7:28 pm

L.A. is not the birthplace of gang culture. that's just a media generated hype of the last 20 years or so.
No doubt! That's a good point.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » May 14th, 2010, 10:20 pm

New York City has had streetgangs since at least the 1820s. The first gangs in New York were Irish immigrant gangs and a few "native" American gangs. On this page I'm going to focus on the twentieth century, however. New York had four distinct gang eras during the twentieth century. The last of these eras is still going on.

1920's AND 1930's - THE "BOY GANG" ERA
The 1920s saw the beginning of syndicate type organized crime, due primarily to prohibition and the rise of the bootlegging racket. The big street gangs of the past like the Dead Rabbits, Whyos, Bowery Boys and Monk Eastmans were no more. There was now a dichotomy in the hoodlum world between adult mobs and juvenile street gangs. Where as the gangs of the 1800s had adult and youth members, like street gangs of today, street gangs in the 20s and 30s were mostly a juvenile and youth phenomanon. This is the gang era that the Dead End Kids comedies were set against (not to mention countless "boy gang" oriented comic books) A street gang member of this time that was serious about being a hoodlum would probably join one of the local mobs when he reached his late teens or early twenties. In fact many gangs acted as "farm clubs" for the major mobs and syndicates of the day. Street gangs of this period generally favored neighborhood oriented names like Frog Hallow Gang, Green Point Boys and Kelly Street Savages. New York gangs of the 20s and 30s were overwhelmingly white, usually of immigrant stock. Irish, Italians, Poles and Jews were the main ethnic groups involved in gangs.
MID 1940'S - MID 1960'S - THE "BOPPING GANG" ERA
After World War II a new breed of street gang emerged in New York. Unlike their predesessors in the 20s and 30s these new gangs were autonomous to the adult organized crime world. They did not particularly emulate mombsters in dress and style and were very bold in promoting their gangs' identities. Whereas the street gang members of the 20's-30s generally either wore basic street clothes or emulated the adult mobsters in ther neighborhoods, the "bopping" gangs had their own distinct subcultural style of dress most typically leather jackets and jeans, but also baggy chinos, sweaters, colored "club' jackets and a variety of other items. The term "bopping" during this period could either mean gang warfare or gang activity in general. It was precisely analogous to the term "gang banging" today. A gang member during this period was known as a "bopper" or a "bop". Many things that we now take for granted with gangs started during this period, probably most importantly the practice of gang jackets (or sweaters, sweatshirts etc.) Gang jackets generally contained the gangs name and/or emblem. There were many variations on gang jackets during this period but leather jackets seemed to have been the most popular, particularly up until the late 50s. After that, fasionable clothing like dress pants, dress jackets and zoot suits were common. Gangs of this period were often organized along age lines, a practice that continues to this day among many gangs. Black gangs were generally divided into two broad age divisions - "Big People" and "Little People" - with 16 being the standard cut off point. Puerto Rican and White gangs usually had a more elaborate system of age divisions - "Tinys", "Pee-Wees", "Midgets", Juniors", "Seniors", etc. Some of the bigger gangs had chapters in several different areas. The gang population became increasingly Black and Puerto Rican during the 50s and early 60s, although Whites were still well represented, particularly Irish and Italians. The presence of Black and Latino gangs created a sense of solidarity among the White gangs. The first ideological White supremist street gangs probably appeared during this period. Some racist gangs were known as "nazi gangs". Some major gangs of this period were the Enchanters (PR), Dragons (PR), Sportsmen (black), Red Wings (Italian), Ducky Boys (Irish), Fordham Baldies (mixed white), Chaplains (black and black PR) and many others. By 1963-64 this era was dying out as many gang members got into drugs or just grew up. The five years between 1963 and 1968 were remarkably gang free. That was about to change.
LATE 1960'S - LATE 1980'S - THE "OUTLAW GANG" ERA
(to be continued) - LOKO MIKE