Chicanos Tattoos on Blacks.

The topics of Race & Religion are discussed in this section.
mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Whittier

Re: Chicanos Tattoos on Blacks.

Unread post by mayugastank » May 29th, 2010, 4:22 pm

perongregory wrote:You k on trying to downplay blacks homie and pump up mexicans, but what about the whites, as I and Silencioso said before, they started this shit before a black or a Mexican actually they started the original DOGTOWN gang, the Irish. Stop downplaying everybody else... Shit is unbecoming.

Downplay blacks ? you fool -blacks own the heartbeat of the countrys underground from the mafioso in NYC to the cholo in ELA, bet a million bucks absolutely all of them have jammed out to motown or jazz or rap or blues and all of them have seen or watched a sports show or movie or sitcom and all of them have some black personality that they love or admire-you guys just have gotten arrogant to the point where you take others individuality or racial consciousness exploit it and claim it as your own. Guaps of what is popular in this country now came from right here in ELA. Alot of what blacks do nationwide now is shit we been doing for decades. Now on to the DOGTOWNS and their white originals....ONE GANG you and others have focused on -I name a dozen and you focus on the one whom have had a history of being a shared white and chicano gang-but get this straight from their beginings Dogtown has had chicanos in it. I dont care so much about the GANGS per se , but more so of the fashion -artistry and underground of this country. You had dozens of citys and at least a chunk of the USA ( the south) to come up with some ideas that would influence the countrys arts and styles and fashions YET this here minor black city has become the cultural epicenter of all the worlds fashions. The world knows of the USA through either NYC-or LA. White America is not looking predominantly to blacks to influence them -they have looked especially in the last 10 years to the styles of ELA and usually they are 10-15 years behind in what we are doing. That shaved headed -tank top wearing-tattooed and loc wearing white boy has been on -wrestling(tapout)-tattoo shows-skater shows on rock tours and sitcoms...."dudes" have adopted the chicano fashion thoroughly! To deny it is a joke for less then 10 years ago only we dressed that way. Its become so ingrained in America that chicano fashion has become the fashion for all America coast to coast. So much so that "dressing Los Angelos " is considered a form of dress copied thru the south and middle america
and has popped up on the doorsteps of the PRs and Salvadoreans to where they now try to imitate and get into our fashions -the look is classic and has influenced ROCKERBILLY-we got a 100 years on it ---one century!

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » May 30th, 2010, 1:17 am

okay since you believe I downplay blacks -heres a compliment NO OTHER RACE could have or has ever been ever been able to withstand the onslaught blacks have yet and still continue to hold onto some semblance of culture. Thats as much a compliment as anyone will ever be able to give. A ancient history longer then anyones on earth and brutalized made to submit and robbed of their very being yet still even after 400 years if oppression here in USA your still African -still! Cant say that about the Aztecs or Mexicas.....weve done the best with the slaughter of 11 million of my people in under 50 years -you at least had a motherland-disease and war didnt obliterate your culture. We dont even have a culture -its extinct as much as the dodo. No language,no real written history,hardly anything of what we were is even existant YET your people claim youve had it bad-your still who you are -we have had to take pieces of several peoples and little scraps of paper to put together whom we are

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » May 30th, 2010, 11:59 am

We not talking about all that shit, you know what we're talking about, keep it real. DOGTOWN is important cuz it started in the 1800's making it the oldest or one of the oldest st. gangs in LA, which you keep claiming Mexicans started etc. Everyone from white to mexican to black has denounced what you've said and posted up facts, to which you say okay then come back like no but we still this and actually we put our chicano style on it, yada, yada. Me and Silencioso aren't even downplaying Chicanos in the gang culture of America, we've both talked about their resiliency and me especially said they have laid down the majority of how contemporary st. gangs behave, but everything you attribute to them solely is not right, because they took from whites, and blacks, just how blacks and whites have taken from them and each other.

deftonero
What city do you live in now?: ESSJ

Unread post by deftonero » May 30th, 2010, 8:52 pm

Im a Chicano from San Jo in my 30s and I distinctly remember as a kid how weird it was that other races were dressing and tattooing in the way of the cholos I grew up around. I would see the style appear in other races with their own little spin but some straight copies. I say this because alot of what mayuga says brings these memories back to me.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » May 30th, 2010, 9:34 pm

deftonero wrote:Im a Chicano from San Jo in my 30s and I distinctly remember as a kid how weird it was that other races were dressing and tattooing in the way of the cholos I grew up around. I would see the style appear in other races with their own little spin but some straight copies. I say this because alot of what mayuga says brings these memories back to me.
since you from San Jo I know you have both a valley and bay spin on things so keep it real and talk about those Bay area blacks (diff. from So.cal blacks) influence on Nortenos up there. Also tell me if some dudes from ELA or LA in general via ELA put chicanomismo in San Jo. Also did everybody in Cali and all of the US involved in St. culture get everything from Chicanos in ELA?

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » May 31st, 2010, 12:18 am

Im a Chicano from San Jo in my 30s and I distinctly remember as a kid how weird it was that other races were dressing and tattooing in the way of the cholos I grew up around. I would see the style appear in other races with their own little spin but some straight copies. I say this because alot of what mayuga says brings these memories back to me.

YES THANK YOU! Its what I been saying* and I dont know silenciosos' or perongregorys ages but their is no way they cant remember -that the style (NOT TATTOOING) the style of tattooing that is most popular now -alongside oceanic designs was even 15 years ago ONLY used by CHICANOS~ whites-to a lesser extent then chicano gangmembers also tattooed but even then alot of the patterns and ideas and placements were totally chicano themed. Its what I been driving home. Far and wide the style of ELA is the most popular style being done worldwide now. It is weird that these styles have made it into the mainstream so rapidly and with such MINOR discrepancies to what we did and had been doing for decades. More so then blacks -ASIAN gang members born in the USA have taken our patterns and played on them to the extreme. Dont get it twisted -Japenese -have somewhat of a tattoo culture -but they dont really have a culture of street in America. The asians whom do-are samoans-tongans-islanders-flips-viets and cambodians-and they may have some semblances of their cultures tatooed but most are ridicolously close to the styles that ELA gangs popularized -and I mean RIDICOLOUSLY CLOSE! I have seen asians on gang shows that entire getdown is 100% copied from my people-it just seems ludicrous! I couldnt imagine my people ever dropping everything absolutely everything in their culture to follow another -down to their artistry! The designs they get include the charra only that they have given her slanted eyes. I have heard NYC puerto ricans described as being the biggest black biters around in terms of getdown and dress/but they at the minium have African Ancestry -as do Cubans and Dominicans and by the next 2 generations of their American born children most ASSUREDLY they will be totally assimmiliated into black culture here. Just like the italians and irish were assimilated into white american culture.But viets and cambodians and everyone else -perongregory LOVES including into the gang mix-are extremely new to the game here in the states and have contributed absolutely NOTHING to Americas urban scene-I dont know whats wrond with these boyz and their peace treaty ways-its like they want to make friends on here and if we arent able to be truthful in some good discussions then whats the point? Forget the gangs -I am focused on the style of the street -the shit the world loves about America!The tattoos -the music-the style-the graffiti/I saw a show that had Japenese youth sporting lowriders and getting the virgin mary on them-lol. Now tell me how inconspicous ELA really is ?

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » May 31st, 2010, 12:25 am

You'll see even more in Japan ("nortenos" and "surenos" lol). You're claims just go too far...The only peeps u wanna give credit too other then chicanos is Italians cuz u feel there is some weird latin/mediterranean link between Mexicans and Italians when it was already pointed at that they got their slick American style from Jews and Irish. Silencioso have a pretty good sense of history, of all people, so we're not going to let you run rampant with false claims. I'm done for tonight.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » May 31st, 2010, 12:29 am

perongregory wrote:
deftonero wrote:Im a Chicano from San Jo in my 30s and I distinctly remember as a kid how weird it was that other races were dressing and tattooing in the way of the cholos I grew up around. I would see the style appear in other races with their own little spin but some straight copies. I say this because alot of what mayuga says brings these memories back to me.
since you from San Jo I know you have both a valley and bay spin on things so keep it real and talk about those Bay area blacks (diff. from So.cal blacks) influence on Nortenos up there. Also tell me if some dudes from ELA or LA in general via ELA put chicanomismo in San Jo. Also did everybody in Cali and all of the US involved in St. culture get everything from Chicanos in ELA?

YOU DIDNT ASK ME BUT MY SPIN ON IT IS..........that thru a few sets in ELA all sets in Cali evolved. I did it with 18 street and how they were a click off CLANTON whom were a click off White Fence. Or lets do Americas major prison gangs......whom were set up by fools from ELA gangs like White Fence and 38 and Maravilla-Americas first prison gang LA EME -spun off and created Nuestra Familia and -the idea for Texas Syndicate and the idea for Aryan Brotherhood developed after LA EME became so active.Now their is AB in the feds and chapters in almost all states -whom spun off and started their own ideas of tattooing and dress-BUT DONT YOU NOTICE HOW SIMILIAR IT IS TO THE STYLES OF ELA chicanos? The clothing/the haircuts and the tattoos-YOU specifically being from California should know -shoot even the BGF got their idea from EME( an original ELA set) as George Jackson inspired to mold then into a power to fight the system and he sought out alliances with all people of color-Your so interested in giving everyone credit you have even begun to include Samoans and Armenians and Viets and Cambodians into the mix KNOWING they are imitators

~J~
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: 408

Unread post by ~J~ » May 31st, 2010, 2:30 am

perongregory wrote:
For those Nortenos living in close quarters with Blacks in the Bay Area, say from about Richmond/Vallejo to Union city/Decoto, they tend to pick up the Bay Area Rap movement culture from the Bros these days, although they do retain some of their Norteno culture... Blacks have a lot of mainstream influence and even here in San Jose and the rest of the valley it's there to a lesser extent. the only influence from SoCal Blacks I can think of at the moment on Nortenos is some of the nuances of the 80's-90's Bloods dress style. NorCal Chicano gang history goes back to 50's onto the 60's from what I understand and although everything didn't come directly from El Paso and LA and ours experiences are different it's probably safe to say that El Paso and Los Angeles (the mecca of Cholo culture) set the examples for the initial ground work for Chicano culture in San Jo.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » May 31st, 2010, 8:43 am

Cool, always been interested in the northern experience...seems you guys get shafted.

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: SJ

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » May 31st, 2010, 12:36 pm

perongregory wrote:
Not EVERYTHING came from ELA & that's all I'm saying. What do you want to know about bay blacks? Some of them ride donkers & you can find some nortenos in them, while getting "hyphy". Just think that ese stank's comments are exaggerated & let's just leave it at that.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » June 1st, 2010, 7:23 pm

Damn you need to check this book out if you think blacks haven't been apart of this city since the beginning and haven't had an un-proportionate affect on the culture and politics of this city... They're saying that in the 1730's there was 2/3rd mulattos, pure africans, and free blacks, and other african admixtures in Sonora, and other states in northern Mexico, who started moving up into CA. I'm listening to all of this on KPFK, then in the 1850's we had another wave of African Americans coming to the city from the East coast. Shit, I love my culture and hate when fools try to downplay my people like we're bitches. Anyway, I'll be typing on this shit all day hittin you fools in the head with black LA, but fuck with this book found at the link: http://www.today.ucla.edu/portal/ut/hea ... 56837.aspx

They said half of the settlers of LA were mestizo Mexican, and the other half were black and black admixture peoples...If it's Mexican city it's ours too...We founded the city with the ancestors of the Mexican Angelenos. Then came the whites, jews, japanese, etc.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » June 1st, 2010, 10:36 pm

Thats great you love your culture. Its the oldest and most ancient -the birthplace of man-home to the WORLDS history. I just dont see how you can claim LA as a black city its easily disputable. I dont understand the argument.

THE BLACK EXODUS from the south should surely tell you where African Americans homeland in the USA really is. Ive read figures putting the black populace in the south at 90% in the early 1900s. Another 5% of those blacks who didnt live in the south were BORN IN THE SOUTH.So essentially 95% of all blacks in America had lived in the south ! An unbelievable high figure -just picture it. Less then 5% of all blacks in the 1900s ,were born in another state outside the south. Less then a century ago! Up until 1950 Blacks were still at home in the south with 70% of ALL black America living there. 70% in 1950 ! While another 20% who had been born there moved out to eastern and midwest states. So in 1950 -not too long ago -90% of all black America had been either born in the south or was living there! Los Angelos wasnt even on the radar for migration for blacks* the first towns these black southeners hit were NYC and CHI and PHILLY-were is black migration to Los Angelos? ZERO my boy! You are distorting the argument by including mestizo/blacks or blacks born in Mexico. Most whom assuredly fled slavery. The black populace in total in mexico including those of mixed ancestry is still extremely low some say 3% or less. Under a smidgent. ASSUMING every single mexican living in the 1900s was black or mixed black the entire population of mexico was still under the entire population of blacks living in the south. EVERY MAN -WOMAN -CHILD in mexico wouldnt have surpassed the number of blacks living in the south! Give up my guy -LA is not a historic black city -you have no history here-dont tell me about 5 blacks who lived here in the 1800s because its ridicolous! 5 black familys in a city of 3000 people --------read about LOS ANGELOS' first census.

A local civil war breaks out between northern and southern California. Indian forced labor is initiated. The Mexican government takes the first official census of Los Angeles. The population is fixed at 2,228. This includes 603 men, 421 women, 651 children and 553 "domesticated Indians." Among Los Angeles residents are 29 Americans, 4 Britons, 3 Portuguese, 2 Africans, and a Canadian, Irishman, Italian, German, Scot, Norwegian, and Curacao. The first vigilante committee forms in Los Angeles to seize a man and woman from the authorities accused of murdering the woman's husband. The pair are executed by the "committee."

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » June 1st, 2010, 10:53 pm

Listen up dumb ass, I'm not playing your game right now. I'm talking to folks who want to claim the city as theirs when there has been black involvement in the city since it's beginning - whether black-american, or black-mexican it's still black. This isn't a black city -like a B-more or Detroit, but we have had a big influence on the city - more so then our population in the city, that's the point I'm getting at and wont take that Chicano, Mexican, revisionist history BS your pushing on my people. Now you can get the book researched by two UCLA historians or do whatever, doesn't change the fact that half the settlers of this city were black fool, and here with Mestizo Mexicans before the other ethnicities and races made their way over here.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » June 1st, 2010, 10:58 pm

Didn't even post sources but you screamed at me for sources when I already had my sources posted with the tatt shit, anyway... A little article from a respected medis outlet.

Blacks and Latinos: Parallel Histories
Pilar Marrero, Award Winner 2006: Black-Brown Relations, La Opinion (Los Angeles, CA), Posted: Nov 02, 2006

Part One of Three

Like many African-Americans in Los Angeles, Larry Aubry immigrated here years ago from another corner of the United States. He came from Louisiana in the South, where poverty and racial segregation hit the hardest in the 1930’s and 40’s.

“We came to look for work. The South was a poor place. All my brothers and sisters, and there were eight of us, came to California,” remembers Aubry. “A lot of Blacks came here to work, and they did everything. One of my brothers was an electrician, and a lot worked on the construction of freeways.”

At that time, Los Angeles was a city with a white Anglo majority and, of course, so was its power structure.

Racial segregation was the norm: special clauses in property sales contracts prohibited non-white people from living in most of the city. They were called covenants and they were originally instituted against Asians, Mexicans, Jews and African-Americans.

That was why there were greater numbers of Blacks – no matter whether they were nurses, barbers or whatever economic condition – in the neighborhoods along Central Avenue, in south Los Angeles, what they call the “East”.

“Discrimination was everywhere; we couldn’t bathe in public swimming pools, and we couldn’t be in certain public places. Huntington Park, Inglewood, were totally white cities. I went to Freemont [high school] when there were only eight of us Blacks and the rest of the students were white,” tells Aubry, who is a journalist and has had a column in the local newspaper, the Los Angeles Sentinel, for more than 20 years.

Los Angeles, though more prosperous than the Southern United States, was not exempt from racism. While Blacks were confined to living in determined areas of the southeast by the informal housing contracts, Mexicans were victims of racial violence at the hands of groups of white Marines in the chaos called the “Zoot Suit Riots”.

“Blacks and Mexicans returned from World War II and realized that nothing had changed. That although we had won the war in Europe and defeated the Nazis, we hadn’t progressed much here,” remembers Aubry. “Then we started demanding more.”

In 1946 the courts declared the restrictive housing contracts illegal and from then on, middle-class African-Americans started moving west towards the area of West Adams. The old neighborhood in the south was left for the poor class.

Even though Blacks and Hispanics shared similar experiences of institutional racism and educational and economic marginalization, the communities did not mix as much as they now. “There wasn’t a strong relationship, but there wasn’t a lot of mixing either, not even in schools.”

So the movements, which awoke both communities and achieved a certain amount of progress in civil rights, were parallel.

For example, while Cesar Chavez was creating the United Farm Workers Union in 1962, African-Americans were boycotting racial segregation in the South. In 1963, they marched on Washington by the thousands, led by Martin Luther King, Jr.

“It’s very important to see that Black history is a unique and special thing. Because it all started with slavery. They brought our ancestors here by force as slaves. They took away their culture and everything they knew. They separated their families. When you take absolutely everything away from someone, the situation is very different,” says Aubry.

“And that’s what happened to my people. I’m not saying it to say that we had it worse, and not to compare with what others have suffered. But that’s a description of what happened,” he says.

Even though it now seems like something new that Mexicans and other Latinos live or coexist in the same neighborhoods as African-Americans, history says that not only is it nothing new, but it has also been the norm since the city’s foundation.

Of the 44 original inhabitants that settled in El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula [The Town of Our Lady the Queen of the Angels of Porciuncula] in 1781, when the area still was in Spanish hands, 26 were of African origin.

And that is how Mexicans, descendents of Spaniards and Native Americans, founded Los Angeles along with descendents of Africans brought over to the continent as slaves by the Spaniards. At other times in history, Latinos and Blacks in the United States have had parallel and common struggles, even though they have rarely united.

Najee Ali, an African-American activist and one of the young leaders who has insisted most on creating alliances with Latinos, learned not long ago that Cesar Chavez, farm worker leader, was profoundly influenced by the non-violent philosophy of the most important civil rights leader that this country ever had: Martin Luther King, Jr.

“Many people in our communities don’t realize that we share a common history,” comments Ali. “Chavez modeled many of his organizing activities and techniques on the ones that King used.”

There are even parallel organizations that emerged in the 60’s as an expression of radical activism. Among African-Americans, the Black Panthers and among the Mexicans, the Brown Berets.

In 1965, marginalization and tensions with police, who were primarily white and repressive, created an explosion during the famous Watts Riots, which involved hundreds of African-Americans.

The McCone Commission, which later investigated the causes of the riots, concluded that the most profound ones were poverty, inequality, racial discrimination and the approval in 1964 of an electoral initiative that brought back the covenants or restrictive contracts that allowed discrimination against racial groups in housing sales.

On the other hand, the Mexican-American community experienced its own movement. In 1968, students from East Los Angeles, mainly Mexican-Americans, held walkouts, the biggest high school student movement in the history of this country.

Both communities stood up against the lack of education and jobs, and marginalization.

(Tomorrow: Latino growth affects African-Americans)

HISTORICAL FACTS

1781 - At least 26 of the 44 original inhabitants of Los Angeles were of African descent.

1863 - For the first time Blacks are allowed to testify in court against a white person.

1872 - For the first time Asians and Native Americans are allowed to testify in court against whites.

1962 - Cesar Chavez founds the National Farm Workers Association.

1962 - Martin Luther King, Jr. leads the massive march on Washington, D.C.

1963 - Martin Luther King, Jr. wins the Nobel Peace Prize.

1964 - African-American riots in the Los Angeles suburb of Watts.

1968 - Assassination of Martin Luther King, Jr. Hundreds of student youth take to the streets in East Los Angeles asking for improvements in education.

1969 - More than 30,000 Mexican-Americans march against the war in Vietnam and for improved living conditions in the Chicano Moratorium. Police kill journalist Rubén Salazar.

Page 1 of 1

source: http://news.newamericamedia.org/news/vi ... 997375bcec

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » June 1st, 2010, 11:05 pm

http://www.blackpast.org/?q=timelines/a ... -timeline

^^^Another good link which shows more blacks involvement in the early southwest, and California. Never knew this shit becaause they don't teach us it, then we have every mfk'r under the sun trying to tell us our history, fuck that.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » June 1st, 2010, 11:13 pm

I will say blacks were doing well in the west, especially in California with other races up until 1850 when CA officially joined the Union and whites started enacting all this racist BS fucking up life for the Mexicanos, blacks, Chinese, etc. who had been there from earlier.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » June 2nd, 2010, 4:54 am

Listen up dumb ass...............................my my my....seems like I struck a nerve,just like I intended-my job is done here-oh and by the way -listen up and dumbass are what are considered a OXYMORON, two things that should never go together are an insult and a command SIR. I will not insult your intelligence with derogatory comments-and resort to ghetto trash and gibberish speak -young man you can not win an argument with violence rhetoric-as of this moment I am feeling great hostility coming from you-sir......=> love ya

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » June 2nd, 2010, 5:14 am

Even though Blacks and Hispanics shared similar experiences of institutional racism and educational and economic marginalization, the communities did not mix as much as they now. “There wasn’t a strong relationship, but there wasn’t a lot of mixing either, not even in schools.”

So the movements, which awoke both communities and achieved a certain amount of progress in civil rights, were parallel.

I saw this firsthand in the 1990z......we lived side by side similiar to how the jews and arabs did in palestine. Not overtly racist let unwilling to let ancient stereotypes of racism brought by white spaniards be bygones. That shared history of racism didnt and doesnt mean alot to modern day chicanos becasue simply put they have blinders on -its like speaking to someone deaf and mute-since they arent being lynched at the moment in the streets of LA and since the economic poverty is not directly seen to have come from white America -they for their lack of racist history dont see whats really the issue or problem. Ive heard blacks ask why mexicans would direct hostility towards them when its white people who stole their land and keep them in ghettos and poverty. The simple answer and my conclusion is that mexicans arent capabale of seeing the racism since they dont view the acts as directly and clearly as blacks do! Blacks have 400 years of history with racism in the USA and clearly without discretion see whats really going on-its only till now that mexicans are seeing what whites really think of them with these new immigration laws and anti-immigration movements-minutemen and outright hostility towards brown people-I dont mean to sound callous but I think some mexicans need to die before the shit really hits the fan. This Arizona law is being discussed in the legislatures of oklahoma,Texas, Colorado,North Carolina and many others-without the blacks in the southern states racial history against whites discussions on fairness and civility and racism wouldnt even come into play-being said that only because of whats happened to blacks in this country is the plight of mexicans even considered racist! Now we have whites trying to portray the issue in code as RULE OF LAW,LEGAL MIGRATION,CRIMINAL ACTS ,RESPECT OF SOVEREIGNETY -its only because blacks are here that illegal aliens arent sent on a bus back home tonight! So screw you and your linking me to a racist because I know exactly what time it is and whats going down-however this discussion isnt on those issues-I unlike yourself can argue one issue -make my points on that subject and move on to the next

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » June 2nd, 2010, 8:44 am

mayugastank wrote:Listen up dumb ass...............................my my my....seems like I struck a nerve,just like I intended-my job is done here-oh and by the way -listen up and dumbass are what are considered a OXYMORON, two things that should never go together are an insult and a command SIR. I will not insult your intelligence with derogatory comments-and resort to ghetto trash and gibberish speak -young man you can not win an argument with violence rhetoric-as of this moment I am feeling great hostility coming from you-sir......=> love ya
Lol Mayuuga stop trying to seem so smart, if we were to count how many times you dissed someone, or their people in this thread for not believing your fairytales, then"my job was done" months ago, LOL! And dumbasses have ears so they can listen, smart guy...An oxymoron would be the speaking mute, or the old youth fool...Shame don't even know how to use terms and parading around like some academic.And it's VIOLENT rhetoric, you know the type you've been using in numerous threads to spread revisionist history.

Now I can sense great backtracking and avoidance coming from you SIR. You see I give credit where it's due, use good sources, and actually appreciate and love alls history. Something you should learn. Where everywhere into everything...You should give it a try, open up because right now your acting like a gavacho.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » June 2nd, 2010, 8:50 am

mayugastank wrote:Even though Blacks and Hispanics shared similar experiences of institutional racism and educational and economic marginalization, the communities did not mix as much as they now. “There wasn’t a strong relationship, but there wasn’t a lot of mixing either, not even in schools.”

I saw this firsthand in the 1990z......we lived side by side similiar to how the jews and arabs did in palestine. Not overtly racist let unwilling to let ancient stereotypes of racism brought by white spaniards be bygones. That shared history of racism didnt and doesnt mean alot to modern day chicanos becasue simply put they have blinders on -its like speaking to someone deaf and mute-since they arent being lynched at the moment in the streets of LA and since the economic poverty is not directly seen to have come from white America -they for their lack of racist history dont see whats really the issue or problem. Ive heard blacks ask why mexicans would direct hostility towards them when its white people who stole their land and keep them in ghettos and poverty. The simple answer and my conclusion is that mexicans arent capabale of seeing the racism since they dont view the acts as directly and clearly as blacks do! Blacks have 400 years of history with racism in the USA and clearly without discretion see whats really going on-its only till now that mexicans are seeing what whites really think of them with these new immigration laws and anti-immigration movements-minutemen and outright hostility towards brown people-I dont mean to sound callous but I think some mexicans need to die before the shit really hits the fan. This Arizona law is being discussed in the legislatures of oklahoma,Texas, Colorado,North Carolina and many others-without the blacks in the southern states racial history against whites discussions on fairness and civility and racism wouldnt even come into play-being said that only because of whats happened to blacks in this country is the plight of mexicans even considered racist! Now we have whites trying to portray the issue in code as RULE OF LAW,LEGAL MIGRATION,CRIMINAL ACTS ,RESPECT OF SOVEREIGNETY -its only because blacks are here that illegal aliens arent sent on a bus back home tonight! So screw you and your linking me to a racist because I know exactly what time it is and whats going down-however this discussion isnt on those issues-I unlike yourself can argue one issue -make my points on that subject and move on to the next
You know what time it is but are still employing a white way of thinking all throughout this and a few other threads..."We created and gave you everything, you guys gave us minor things, are weren't here, have no history etc." Tupical white speak, only they act so arrogant or fools who have been blinded by them.

Coup
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Coup » June 2nd, 2010, 5:21 pm

LOL @ Peron....damn Mayuga he's on you tough....you do look like you are back peddling from his posts...those facts sting...

Good thread!

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » June 2nd, 2010, 11:16 pm

perongregory wrote:
mayugastank wrote:Listen up dumb ass...............................my my my....seems like I struck a nerve,just like I intended-my job is done here-oh and by the way -listen up and dumbass are what are considered a OXYMORON, two things that should never go together are an insult and a command SIR. I will not insult your intelligence with derogatory comments-and resort to ghetto trash and gibberish speak -young man you can not win an argument with violence rhetoric-as of this moment I am feeling great hostility coming from you-sir......=> love ya
Lol Mayuuga stop trying to seem so smart, if we were to count how many times you dissed someone, or their people in this thread for not believing your fairytales, then"my job was done" months ago, LOL! And dumbasses have ears so they can listen, smart guy...An oxymoron would be the speaking mute, or the old youth fool...Shame don't even know how to use terms and parading around like some academic.And it's VIOLENT rhetoric, you know the type you've been using in numerous threads to spread revisionist history.

Now I can sense great backtracking and avoidance coming from you SIR. You see I give credit where it's due, use good sources, and actually appreciate and love alls history. Something you should learn. Where everywhere into everything...You should give it a try, open up because right now your acting like a gavacho.
LOOK at you correcting my grammar~ another thing I know its violent rhetoric! not violence rhetoric...I get so worked up sometimes that I type in anger and dont let my vocabulary do its job-another thing SIR ,when have I ever insulted someone for disagreeing with me ? I merely work harder to make them see my point of view-and change their mind-Ive had quite a few retractions and quite a few responses that leave me to believe Ive either made them see things from my perspective or I have completely changed their idea of what they thought was either history or what they believed was right. I have gotten apologies from those who are big enough to ADMIT when I have corrected them -I AM STILL WAITING FOR YOURS. Lastly, revisionist history would be the history that asians/armenians/samoans/woods/LA blacks leave out in their sporting the style and getting tattoed in the fashion of my people while making plays claiming the style belongs to everyone-give me GUMBO and JAZZ and RAP-let me start saying HEY ITS EVERYONES and I bet I would get sued by SHARPTON! its not the gang thing its the cultural aspects that have been stolen from CHICANO PEOPLE.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » June 14th, 2010, 12:03 pm

Increase in tattooing making it tough to track gangs
Posted by lepak on Feb 18th, 2010 and filed under News. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback to this entry

Print This Post | Email This Post
By JULIE MURPHY (news-journalonline.com)
February 18, 2010

There was a time when gangs boldly advertised who they were by wearing their allegiances permanently inked on their skin, but since tattoos have become mainstream it’s more difficult for police to peg who’s who.

Locally, law enforcement has stepped up its anti-gang efforts out of necessity. Florida has the fastest-growing gang population in the United States, said Department of Juvenile Justice Sgt. Chuck Long, northeast regional director of the Florida Gang Association.

“For the past five years we’ve aggressively tried to identify members in the area,” Volusia County sheriff’s Lt. Eric Dietrich said.

Volusia and Flagler counties have more hybrid gangs — new youth gangs that may name themselves after notorious gangs but are in no way representative of the original — than nationally affiliated gangs, he said.

The Bloods, Crips, Latin Kings, Sureños and Sur 13 are known to be in the area; some represent the original gangs and others are hybrids. Local officials refuse to reveal what gangs belong in which category.

“With tattoos, it’s not like the olden days where you can use them to (identify a gang),” said Volusia County Sheriff’s Office Investigator Kurt Schoeps, a member of the FBI’s Safe Street Task Force.

Barbed wire, teardrops and chains all started with prison gangs, Ormond Beach tattoo artist Willie Harry said.

“You have to be careful about what you copy,” he said. “You don’t want to put somebody’s club or gang tattoo on someone who’s not a member.”

But clearly it’s happened or these designs wouldn’t be common.

A teardrop by the eye can mean different things to different gangs. The wearer may have served time in prison, killed someone, lost a family member or fellow gang member, or may wear it as a show of allegiance to one of two alliances of many gangs, depending on whether it’s worn on the right side of the face or the left, according to Robert Walker, a national authority on gang identification.

“We know people who aren’t even gang members who have teardrops,” Schoeps said.

Some gangs identify by area code — 386 is one of them — and teens with no gang affiliation will ask for the tattoo just because they’ve seen others with it.

Andrew “AJ” Johnson, owner of AJ’s Nova One Tattoo and Body Piercing in Port Orange, sends “little junior gang bangers” packing if he gets wind they are trying to affiliate with any gang.

“I reserve the right to decline artwork just because it’s a stupid idea,” he said. “And at the top of the list would be to put a teardrop by your eye.”

Neighboring tattoo artist Chris Mack won’t do anything in the colors red or blue. Or anything else he deems to be gang-related.

“We have a lot of people who think they are Bloods,” he said. “They try to be sneaky about it (by asking for a non-traditional gang tattoo) and say something like, ‘I want a bulldog, but I want it red.’ ”

Despite the skin-art fad and the “impersonators” who are trying to create a tough image — when it comes to gangs, there are no “wannabees,” officials say.

“They’re violent because they want to prove themselves,” Schoeps said. “We would never use the word wannabee. Most are involved in drugs and burglaries, and where there’s drugs, there’s violence.”

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » June 14th, 2010, 12:23 pm

AS I WAS SAYING- when people mention that gangs were tattooing certain symbolisms and types of lettering its a broad sweep of who and what chicanos-ONLY CHICANOS-ever did! Since we've taken tattooing mainstream -the vast majority of OUR patterns are seen on every race. Now in the widest of terms in hardly any fashion do we take cultural icons from others the way they've been appropriated from us. The article mentions the tattooing fad thats taken off-fairly new and under 15 years has tattooing been appropriated by all races -and become widespread. Before this -no other state or city besides LA had a culture intertwined with tattooing as it is here. To deny it is lunacy! And to claim that the cultural of tattooing in this area didnt belong SOLELY to chicanos is madness. The artistry -symbols-letters didnt start with blacks,armenians,cambodians,whites or anyone else. In fact in reverse -did all these races and people begin to COPY-mimic our symbolism and styles of tattooing-What is LA style of tattooing? The old english -the abdominal shots-the caligraphic sayings-the mixture of motown symbols into artwork,the old english,the neck shots -the head shots -the teardrops,the entire backpiece mural depicting gang life-the area codes as identifiers, the city shots and baseball and football logos to identify areas-ALL these started amongst MY people and are WIDELY used by blacks and asians,samoans,armenians,whites. To the point were NOW its considered LA to tattoo that way-but clearly ONLY amongst my people and ONLY in LA did these patterns take off until the early 2000s'. Wonder why chicanos have so much racial pride? its situations like this -we dont look to OTHERS to give us ideas. Besides the music of blacks for gangster rap ----WHAT HAVE "OTHERS" DONE FOR STREET LIFE? and I mean street life! The styles of the entire USA almost entirely top down have been coming from LA since the early part of the century and usually they revolve around the cultural icons started amongst the gangs of my people. Not asians-samoans-cambodians-armenians and whites, it would be humbling to say that these people contributed NOTHING to the street life of the USA -absolutely ZERO! Claim a block -wear the clothes of and tattoo in the fashion of chicanos and then slap a label on calling yourself ASIAN BOYZ-SONS OF SAMOA-ARMENIAN POWER. Ill be damned if we wouldve ever done that!

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » June 14th, 2010, 12:51 pm

perongregory wrote:Listen up dumb ass, I'm not playing your game right now. I'm talking to folks who want to claim the city as theirs when there has been black involvement in the city since it's beginning - whether black-american, or black-mexican it's still black. This isn't a black city -like a B-more or Detroit, but we have had a big influence on the city - more so then our population in the city, that's the point I'm getting at and wont take that Chicano, Mexican, revisionist history BS your pushing on my people. Now you can get the book researched by two UCLA historians or do whatever, doesn't change the fact that half the settlers of this city were black fool, and here with Mestizo Mexicans before the other ethnicities and races made their way over here.

THANK YOU! Thats right it isnt a black city! The influence blacks have made here -is nationwide and worldwide-BUT it isnt your influence! You just took -our clothing style,tattooing style and identifiers and twisted them around and labeled it black-kinda like the asians and samoans and whites and armenians did! You try to not offend any race and you say repeatedly that you see the beautys of every race -as do I! But is the samoan/asian/armenian street life even a part of their culture? And why if they had so much racial pride did they just throw it away to follow chicano style? What exactly have those people done for street life in the USA? and I mean street life-not gang life. I see chicano influence -everywhere I look -from the clothing style of the white boyz from tapout to the styles asian youth and white youth have adopted and twisted around from my people. Yet for all this cultural bombardment -we have maintained a unique perspective here in this land. We have intertwined western cultural and our own and created a hybrid cultural that is Mexican yet still American. Exactly like urban blacks have done with their africanism and americanism intertwined.But since YOU want to make friends you dont want to offend " OTHERS". At the expense of truth and history you distort facts to include all other races. Yes blacks own the music of this country and have their own styles -on the east coast and other spots -but the style being appropriated as black here isnt yours. And maybe without the black influence on TV it wouldnt have gotten as far -but as much as your people have popularized cultural ethos of mine-whites have clearly done as well-take a look at the WWF and TAPOUT and tell me you dont see the chicano bangers of the 80s? Youve gone as far as to label tattooing a minority thing-when you know dam well it wasnt done by whites and blacks as much as we did it-and you include recent immigrants like asians and samoans who took everything we did and changed it around not even enough to not see the differences!!!

youngspade
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Inglewood

Unread post by youngspade » June 14th, 2010, 1:01 pm

*yawns*

Ileave for couple months dont post, comeback yalll niggaz still fighting lol.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » June 14th, 2010, 1:10 pm

youngspade wrote:*yawns*

Yeah, cuz this fool been tryna play our people and some of us care about our history and people. Mayuga is doing the same thing Nglos have been doing to us and them for the last 500 yrs. Fuck that.

youngspade
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Inglewood

Unread post by youngspade » June 14th, 2010, 1:12 pm

perongregory wrote:

Yeah, because this fool been tryna play our people and some of us care about our history and people. Mayuga is doing the same thing Nglos have been doing to us and them for the last 500 yrs. fu-- that.

I want you to notice how much ive responded to him period anymore? I give up. its too much kush in the world!

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » June 14th, 2010, 1:18 pm

youngspade wrote:
perongregory wrote:

Yeah, because this fool been tryna play our people and some of us care about our history and people. Mayuga is doing the same thing Nglos have been doing to us and them for the last 500 yrs. fu-- that.

I want you to notice how much ive responded to him period anymore? I give up. its too much kush in the world!
That's cool, blow that kush, I'ma be the nigga to provide some edutainment while you faded lol. See Mayuga know the power of constantly saying the same shit lasy fools, or people looking for excuse start to believe that shit, even though I struck that shit down with sources, fact, and pictures. I put that shit out there so when a mexican run up on you like this our city u can be like peep game, The natives were here first then the Spanish empire who yall were under, then yall got independence and my and ur people helped settle the city, so if you claim it, I claim it keep it real.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » June 14th, 2010, 2:50 pm

Excuse me? forget the sources....! whats your first hand knowledge tell you Perongregory? Growing up in California as you and I both have ....whom besides chicanos tattooed in the fashion that is prevelant on every magazine and every rapper NOWADAYS? are you denying this-because if you are Id have to question your honesty and your location. Lets focus on your personal experience FORGET MY VIEW! Lets look at it through your eyes. When you were growing up did you ever see white boyz in the style of TAPOUT and with the shaved heads and locs and tatted down? did brothas -get inked up like lil wayne? was TUPAC original in his placement when he got THUG LIFE? Did Asians re[resent their own form of banging or did they play on chicanos and to a lesser extent blacks? Were blacks doing the whole caligraphy-back pieces -old english-neck shots-? Were whites? or was it predominantly a chicano theme......you already know how I see it-I havent heard your view! and from your responses I KNOW YOU KNOW! I want your view. Do asians -armenians -samoans-have anything original they contributed to street life or do you admire multiculturalism so much that you -cant hold an intellectually honest conversation. Without these "others" would street life in LA be unchanged?

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » June 14th, 2010, 2:57 pm

I already posted about that, though, not in depth pgs. Back when I get the time I'ma come through.