Chicanos Tattoos on Blacks.

The topics of Race & Religion are discussed in this section.
mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Whittier

Chicanos Tattoos on Blacks.

Unread post by mayugastank » April 23rd, 2010, 1:43 am

Lil Wayne, Geezy,Tupac, The game, even the east coast rappers getting their style from west coast rappers who get their styles from LA mexicans.....the patterns -designs, placement,dark to light -skulls crossbones,caligraphy on the neck-shots on the head, stomache ,murals on the back-the dots -teardrops, area codes,citys, east sider west sider north sider south sider tatts -the women -the life story drawn on skin the gang shot outs.

This is a big unique part of chicano culture that has been appropriated by ALL other races. As afar as I know -the east-south and other parts of the country where they were gangs didnt use the ink like ELA chicanos have been doing since the turn of the century. click on any youtube video on asian or samoan gangs and youll see east la all thru their -asian boyz on the head ,caligraphy, sleeves,half sleeves. I dont think any other culture in the world had anything similiar to what we started here.

Sure their were Maurys of the islands who had tattoed war designs on them and even the aztecs and ancients would get dots to signify kills or battles-but no other group in the world did it like we set it off, we got the whiteboys switching up the lettering,and blacks putting afros on on their women , or asian getting asian boys on their head instead of um, 18street?

Growing up in the 90s even NO OTHER RACE OF people in the states did it like that. the RIPs to the dead ones and on and on and on. I even read about the italian mafia in New York -the new generation , getting gambino across the stomache and RIP tattoos, but I aint heard a word of credit shot our way(AS USUAL) .....it wasnt even that long ago where whites would look at us chicanos like scum for all the tattoos we had. And the blacks would admire our ink in the systems. That young chicano bangers would get tatted down by the time they were 14 years old was a normal occurence.

Here in a minute when time passes blacks will start telling us how we stole tattoing from them! and whites will market our designs and style withouty paying a cent.I belive tattoing for whites started right heer in California take a look at the design styles and views and placement of white boys in the pens....yet they didnt do that in other white states!(my evidence)

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Re: Chicanos Tattoos on Blacks.

Unread post by mayugastank » April 23rd, 2010, 1:47 am

For instance, in its section, "Tattoo," the 1996 edition of the 30-volume Macmillan Dictionary of Art explains:

Photo: Chavdar

During the last three decades, tattoo designs and trends has been heavily influenced by fine art and the aesthetics of Asian and Pacific cultures, primitive and modern.

"The art is attested in almost every culture worldwide...the earliest surviving examples of tattooed human skin come from 12th -Dynasty Egypt (1938 BC), but representational evidence suggests that tattooing was practiced in Predynastic and Early Dynastic Egypt (4,500 BC)."
"...In Europe and North America, until the late 20th century, tattooing was largely connected with two groups: members of the armed forces and prisoners...From the 1960s onwards, however, changes in the social status of tattoo art in Europe and North America has led to considerable experimentation with forms and styles. The repertory expanded to include designs influenced by other tattoo traditions, especially those of Japan and Oceania." [2]

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » April 23rd, 2010, 1:49 am

In North America only prisoners and sailors were tatted.......and well we know who those prisoners were? ELA boys like the 38th street boys who were pictured being tatted down way back in the 40z............I aint saying we started tattoing but we started modern tattoing-

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » April 23rd, 2010, 1:55 am

Besides the ones who get ink from Mr. Cartoon, what entertainers have chicano style tatts? What the other races did get from chicano tatts is the full body shit, but come on. And the gangsters in La took from chicnos but you try to claim all modern tatooing to be chicano influenced.

youngspade
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Inglewood

Unread post by youngspade » April 23rd, 2010, 8:41 am

Stfu Mugya im tired of this bs about mexicans OR Blacks

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: SJ

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » April 23rd, 2010, 1:52 pm

youngspade wrote:Stfu Mugya im tired of this bs about mexicans OR Blacks
I'm tired of all his racial crap.

19DAGO04
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: 1904

Unread post by 19DAGO04 » April 23rd, 2010, 2:59 pm

I say fuck it all.

Everybody had tats at one time or another in their ethnic history. It's just one of those things that all humans doo from time to time. White, black, red periwinkle.....what ever.

But I understand the argument about stylization. Don't agree with it, but I understand it.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » April 23rd, 2010, 7:25 pm

EVERY race has a tattoo culture ALL do. I agree 100%. dont let the conversation be sidetracked. I NEVER CLAIMED WE CHICANOS INVENTED TATTOING. Their are ancient egyptians from the before christ who were tattoed. what I am saying is the stylization of ALL tattoing in America is almost COMPLETELY chicano and ELAn. the patterns are given color now -but they are OUR patterns 100%. Not less then 10 years ago -whites didnt get tattoed in our fashion -now from coast to coast they do. black entertainers far and wide have adopted the tattoo patterns of ELA chicanos and thats NO LIE! Perongregory names Cartoon as a well known artist , but their are hundreds in the LA area who took what ELA started and gave it to the world. Although black artists may get tatted by non-chicanos it doesnt take the fact away that most non chicano tattoo artists got their stilo form the pages of Los Angelos. That book was written here. Their is an explosion of tattoing going on and everyone is doing it now -most chicano patterns are given a lil twist and a lil color and sold as original pieces of work. its crap! Give it time and we will have to defend ourselves against asians and blacks claiming that they tattoed in ancient africa and asia, yet NO WHERE in their history are they tattoed in the style that has become classic AMERICANA. That style originated with us. Priests who first visited America commented on the tattoing done by the aztecs,and native americans -they were tattoed in war symbols -squirrly lines and such-BUT we were the first to get the caligraphy -old english and mass tattoo ourselves. I knew boys in the 90s who were tattoed up by their 14th bday. I never witnessed blacks or whites really to ever tattoo themselves like that till recently. The thing that bothers me is that they dont acknowledge or even credit us for our styles that took tattooing into the mainstream. Turn on any channel or flip thru any book and youll see our designs just blasted on every race of people. Should we just sit back and let LIL WAYNE bite off us? I was expecting deniers like perongregory to come along and question whether its our patterns or not. it makes me doubt if hes from california talking like that -or maybe hes like 10 years old and doesnt recall who started it.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » April 23rd, 2010, 7:28 pm

MMRbkaRudog wrote:
youngspade wrote:Stfu Mugya im tired of this bs about mexicans OR Blacks
I'm tired of all his racial crap.

Really? I am sorry I hurt your booty, would you like me to but a bandain on it for you little sweety honey ? I hope I didnt make you cry but telling you the truth sweetheart....

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » April 23rd, 2010, 7:37 pm

perongregory wrote:Besides the ones who get ink from Mr. Cartoon, what entertainers have chicano style tatts? What the other races did get from chicano tatts is the full body shit, but come on. And the gangsters in La took from chicnos but you try to claim all modern tatooing to be chicano influenced.

Yes absolutely I am claiming such, the caligraphy on the neck the city shot outs, the women tattoos, the black and white, the ghost fading, the vast majority of lettering, the placement, across the stomache like TUPAC, or across the back like a 1000 rappers. The stars like the nortenos, the birds and butterflies like the mexican mafia. the last names and shot outs to your dead homies. The area codes. The teardrops. The vast majority of women tattoos. On the tits and the lower back, behind the neck. The half sleeve and full sleeve and the mural on the back with the life story. The 1940s pin ups, the lips on the neck, the peacocks, the dream catchers, the shooting stars and the block lettering. The half sleeve for women. On and on and on.......I just named about 95% of what people get or where they get tattoed across north america. Their are documented storys on reporters coming into ELA in the 40s coming into ELA to take pictures of our sandscript tattoos. Are you saying you take issue with anything I said above? I am wondering your age ...you are either flat out lying or 2 young to remember us being the only people in America tattoed upside the neck and head like such is the fashion now.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » April 23rd, 2010, 7:49 pm

mayugastank wrote:EVERY race has a tattoo culture ALL do. I agree 100%. dont let the conversation be sidetracked. I NEVER CLAIMED WE CHICANOS INVENTED TATTOING. Their are ancient egyptians from the before christ who were tattoed. what I am saying is the stylization of ALL tattoing in America is almost COMPLETELY chicano and ELAn. the patterns are given color now -but they are OUR patterns 100%. Not less then 10 years ago -whites didnt get tattoed in our fashion -now from coast to coast they do. black entertainers far and wide have adopted the tattoo patterns of ELA chicanos and thats NO LIE! Perongregory names Cartoon as a well known artist , but their are hundreds in the LA area who took what ELA started and gave it to the world. Although black artists may get tatted by non-chicanos it doesnt take the fact away that most non chicano tattoo artists got their stilo form the pages of Los Angelos. That book was written here. Their is an explosion of tattoing going on and everyone is doing it now -most chicano patterns are given a lil twist and a lil color and sold as original pieces of work. its crap! Give it time and we will have to defend ourselves against asians and blacks claiming that they tattoed in ancient africa and asia, yet NO WHERE in their history are they tattoed in the style that has become classic AMERICANA. That style originated with us. Priests who first visited America commented on the tattoing done by the aztecs,and native americans -they were tattoed in war symbols -squirrly lines and such-BUT we were the first to get the caligraphy -old english and mass tattoo ourselves. I knew boys in the 90s who were tattoed up by their 14th bday. I never witnessed blacks or whites really to ever tattoo themselves like that till recently. The thing that bothers me is that they dont acknowledge or even credit us for our styles that took tattooing into the mainstream. Turn on any channel or flip thru any book and youll see our designs just blasted on every race of people. Should we just sit back and let LIL WAYNE bite off us? I was expecting deniers like perongregory to come along and question whether its our patterns or not. it makes me doubt if hes from california talking like that -or maybe hes like 10 years old and doesnt recall who started it.
Mayuga cut the BS dog, even other hispanics aint fuckin with that masa you pushin. What did we see back in the day...white outlaw, criminal, rocker types with tatts and minority gangstas. Blacks wasn't all tatted up though u might see a set on the side of the neck, but it's really pac who was the one pushin that shit. Chicanos had the grey color style, whole body tatts. That's what other races took especially other LA gangsters, but look at that silly shit tatted on wayne and tell me that that fool looks like a tatted chicano. The only semblance his tatts have to chicano tatts is that it covers his whole body, but his shitty ass tatoos aint on the level or style of La based chicano tatts.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » April 23rd, 2010, 7:49 pm

One more thing DIA DE LOS MUERTOS.........if anyone doubts the vast influence of chicano style tattoos look that up and see almost 100% of all patterns on white boys...straight outta our pages! DAY OF THE DEAD

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » April 24th, 2010, 1:13 am

You're a faggot.. I hope you get shanked 14 times

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » April 24th, 2010, 1:18 am

You know what tho?? I ain't hurt over this shit. It just annoying seeing all your racial posts some times. I exaggerated, but so have you. You must be a 90's baby, or haven't really seen too many tattooed people in the 90's.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » April 24th, 2010, 2:04 am

Perongregory, the black and white full body portfolio is a chicano invention besides us ONLY the japenes had unabstracted tattoo patterns -they didnt start that shit till after WW2, by then we had 20+ years doing it. Mainstream Americana tattoing is adherently chicano. Rockers-Bikers and such didnt start till the 70s by then we had 50 years on them. I dont know your age -but tell me tattoing among people in America was popular even 15 years ago? I say HELL NO! I aint even that old and can tell you that ONLY chicanos and white convicts from California who got their styles from chicanos were tattoed like that. Nowhere else in America did it happen -not in NYC. Not amongst the Latin Kings or any other ethnic gang. If not for the touch of ELAism in tattoing it would be totally different. As I did in the thread"do blacks dispute chicanos originated gangster style" I drew comparisions to the rest of black america in showing that our influence heavily influenced black gangster style of dress and and fashion. I draw that exact same conlcusion in saying whites copied the stilo of ELAs youngsters. We point to biker gangs evolving in the midwest (outlawsMC) as I tried nowhere did I see any semblance of the full body shots sported by white bikers from California. Whites from coast to coast -yet only here -in California were they tatted en masse? No culture of tattoing in the oldest haunts like the NEW ENGLAND states of NY, MAss, Pittsburg,DC? So only here where they had direct contact with chicano convicts did their styles leave the abstract squirrly lines of ancient tattoing? What about ANY asian group outside of America? The religious symbols and dots are common in those cultures-yet they didnt hold any patterns remoetly similiar to what tattoing is now in America. The day of the dead, heavily influenced white bikers, or do you dispute that? The infacuation with morbid skulls-crossbones and faces of death ? only chicanos, although different from what we got (aztec style skulls and heads) would get tatted in that fashion until recently. ALL TATTOING IN AMERICA is connected to ELA. LIL Wayne states over and over that " HE DRESSES ALL LOS ANGELOS" he says it directly in his songs.....so what does that mean? it means that he annotes that blacks from this area are different from blacks anywhere else -even that ancient black haunt of Lousiana-where if you look at the history -a majority of blacks from California moved from. Yet despite this -only in direct contact with chicanos did they begin to change to wher they are extremely distinguishable from all the nations blacks -by their dress and tattooing that is 100% original to my people. I tell it like it is. i dont care if other chicanos agree-when I speak on it its irrefutable. Take your own visual of what things where like 20 years or less ago and youll see that we and only us were tatted in the fashion taht all the USA does now

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » April 24th, 2010, 2:12 am

19DAGO04 wrote:I say fu-- it all.

Everybody had tats at one time or another in their ethnic history. It's just one of those things that all humans doo from time to time. White, black, red periwinkle.....what ever.

But I understand the argument about stylization. Don't agree with it, but I understand it.

Show me any semblance in any culture of what the stylization in America is now. Matter of fact show me anything pre-zootsuit , where patterns where actually incorparated in body art

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: West Los

Unread post by Silencioso » April 24th, 2010, 12:19 pm

How about Russian Mob types? They seem to have their own full body tattoo tradition, with their own weird symbols and imagery. I don't think they got it from ELA Mexicans.

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Silencioso » April 24th, 2010, 12:27 pm

I think the main contribution of cholos to the world of tattoo art is that they helped make tattoos more of a cool "youth" thing not just a criminal thing. Among whites/European people, extensive tattoos was something practiced by criminals/low lifes for years. I've seen pictures of french criminals from the 1800's with full tattoos similar to Russian Mob guys today.

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Silencioso » April 24th, 2010, 12:45 pm

CONTEMPORARY BIKER TATTOO
americanman1930stat2.jpg
americanman1930stat2.jpg (62.87 KiB) Viewed 17622 times

MILITARY TATTOO C.1930'S
hatattto.jpg
hatattto.jpg (4.81 KiB) Viewed 17619 times
Neither of the above tattoo styles seem connected to the Cholo tattoo tradition. The biker tattoo is basically just a reproduction of the HA colors/emblem. The sailor has facial tattoos, something cholos didn't start doing in mass until the '90's.

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Silencioso » April 24th, 2010, 12:53 pm

sorry, I got the labels mixed up. You get the idea.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » April 24th, 2010, 1:28 pm

Thank u silencioso that's why I don't take mayuga all that seriously on these issues cuz he lacks knowledge when it cmes to other cultures.

Tre
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Tre » April 25th, 2010, 5:30 am

Personally, I don’t see a major difference between tattooing in the past and what Mayuga calls modern tattooing? All tattooing is simply using needles, knives or whatever to puncture the skin. Black men have been doing this since our early migrations and forced expulsion ‘Out Of Africa.’ Since we were all ‘black’ tattooing was our way of distinguishing ourselves from African tribes from other parts of the region.

ImageImage
http://www.larskrutak.com/articles/Makonde/index.html

In fact the English-born American scientist Thomas Ewbank and his colleagues talk about the Africans they encountered in 1856, and describe in detail watching African men lying on the east coast of South Africa and watching this ritual of minute incisions being made through the skin and the wound being pulled up and tied by a thread. Back then it was considered proof of our barbaric origin! Chicanos did not exist then, so how are blacks stealing from Chicano’s?? Oh yea, blacks are using English lettering and somehow that’s a Chicano invention?? Old English lettering was in use way before cholos became a factor??

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Unread post by Sentenza » April 25th, 2010, 6:34 am

Tre wrote:Personally, I don’t see a major difference between tattooing in the past and what Mayuga calls modern tattooing? All tattooing is simply using needles, knives or whatever to puncture the skin. Black men have been doing this since our early migrations and forced expulsion ‘Out Of Africa.’ Since we were all ‘black’ tattooing was our way of distinguishing ourselves from African tribes from other parts of the region.

ImageImage

In fact the English-born American scientist Thomas Ewbank and his colleagues talk about the Africans they encountered in 1856, and describe in detail watching African men lying on the east coast of South Africa and watching this ritual of minute incisions being made through the skin and the wound being pulled up and tied by a thread. Back then it was considered proof of our barbaric origin! Chicanos did not exist then, so how are blacks stealing from Chicano’s?? Oh yea, blacks are using English lettering and somehow that’s a Chicano invention?? Old English lettering was in use way before cholos became a factor??
True:
Old English (Englisc, Anglisc, Ænglisc) or Anglo-Saxon[1] is an early form of the English language that was spoken and written in parts of what are now England and south-eastern Scotland between at least the mid-5th century and the mid-12th century.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_English

The style of writing comes from that.
Tre wrote: Personally, I don’t see a major difference between tattooing in the past and what Mayuga calls modern tattooing? All tattooing is simply using needles, knives or whatever to puncture the skin. Black men have been doing this since our early migrations and forced expulsion ‘Out Of Africa.’ Since we were all ‘black’ tattooing was our way of distinguishing ourselves from African tribes from other parts of the region.

ImageImage
Im pretty sure in africa its even older then the times of "forced expulsions from Africa". I know for a fact that the ancient Romans already did it 2000 years ago. Their soldiers had "SPQR" tatted on their arm, which meant "Senatus populusque romanum/ the Senate and the people of Rome", meaning the soldiers were property of the state.
A little like this:

And the Maoris have been doing it forever too. The word Tattoo is taken from the Tahitian language.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tattoo

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Unread post by Sentenza » April 25th, 2010, 6:40 am

Woops i should have read the thread before posting. :lol:

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » April 25th, 2010, 9:38 am

WHAT A FREAKING JOKE! who gives a dam about the above africans ? didnt you guys read the thread? modern style tattoing-the patterns -designs-writing-ghost fading-the pictures of the HELLS ANGELS are completely chicano themed tattoos from the HELLS ANGELS across the back to the writing style. Now TRE is mentioning Africans being pierced and having /?on their skin what a crock of twisted responses are these? Aztecs-Japs-ancient Incas ,Mauris, all had similiar design and squirrly lines. How did the conversation get spun around? I am talking on MODERN tattoing ,the designs -lettering -pieces-placement-and ghost faded-black and white -caligraphy across the neck -old E on the head --everything in its entirety that is being done TODAY!!! not a freaking 100 years ago or in the ancient egyptian times -AZTECS were getting tatted for a thousand years ...but I aint saying they invented tattoing you dumb spear chucking Africans and hick mexicans -doing tattoos with shark fins.Not to mention that less then 20 years ago people outside the VARRIO weren't tatted in the form of Mexican -American youth, the caligraphic chains across the neck that TOMMY LEE and every other white rocker had started in the hood'.The blast on the stomache. Check out GEEZY and LIL WAYNE who acknowledges ," he dress all los angelos"....as stated in his songs. Outside of SOCAL whom, and where did whiteboys get their biker clubs blasted across their shoulder blades? or blacks get thug life across their stomache in NEW YORK? totally a chicano tattoo, fuck changing the word around the placement and stylization is 100% chicano............HOW THE PHUG DO I POST A PICTURE!! I am getting pissed they are blocking my ability to defend my positions and are purposely letting these dumb spearchucking and fruit slanging ignorant get the last word

youngspade
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Inglewood

Unread post by youngspade » April 25th, 2010, 9:59 am

mayugastank wrote:WHAT A FREAKING JOKE! who gives a dam about the above africans ? didnt you guys read the thread? modern style tattoing-the patterns -designs-writing-ghost fading-the pictures of the HELLS ANGELS are completely chicano themed tattoos from the HELLS ANGELS across the back to the writing style. Now TRE is mentioning Africans being pierced and having /?on their skin what a crock of twisted responses are these? Aztecs-Japs-ancient Incas ,Mauris, all had similiar design and squirrly lines. How did the conversation get spun around? I am talking on MODERN tattoing ,the designs -lettering -pieces-placement-and ghost faded-black and white -caligraphy across the neck -old E on the head --everything in its entirety that is being done TODAY!!! not a freaking 100 years ago or in the ancient egyptian times -AZTECS were getting tatted for a thousand years ...but I aint saying they invented tattoing you dumb spear chucking Africans and hick mexicans -doing tattoos with shark fins.Not to mention that less then 20 years ago people outside the VARRIO weren't tatted in the form of Mexican -American youth, the caligraphic chains across the neck that TOMMY LEE and every other white rocker had started in the hood'.The blast on the stomache. Check out GEEZY and LIL WAYNE who acknowledges ," he dress all los angelos"....as stated in his songs. Outside of SOCAL whom, and where did whiteboys get their biker clubs blasted across their shoulder blades? or blacks get thug life across their stomache in NEW YORK? totally a chicano tattoo, fu-- changing the word around the placement and stylization is 100% chicano............HOW THE PHUG DO I POST A PICTURE!! I am getting pissed they are blocking my ability to defend my positions and are purposely letting these dumb spearchucking and fruit slanging ignorant get the last word

STFU

19DAGO04
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by 19DAGO04 » April 26th, 2010, 10:33 am

[quote="mayugastank" I dont know your age -but tell me tattoing among people in America was popular even 15 years ago? I say HELL NO! [/quote]

You must have never went south of LBC into OC and Dago 15 years ago then.

Everyone was getting stamped in those areas back then.

19DAGO04
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by 19DAGO04 » April 26th, 2010, 10:47 am

mayugastank wrote: We point to biker gangs evolving in the midwest (outlawsMC) as I tried nowhere did I see any semblance of the full body shots sported by white bikers from California.

This is what I think of this whole thread now.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » April 27th, 2010, 12:19 am

19DAGO04 wrote:[quote="mayugastank" I dont know your age -but tell me tattoing among people in America was popular even 15 years ago? I say HELL NO!
You must have never went south of LBC into OC and Dago 15 years ago then.

Everyone was getting stamped in those areas back then.[/quote]
BS!!! I grew up in East Los ....and fools were tatted out here but outside of these spots WHITES were not tatted in that fashion -the shit didnt take off outside ELA till the late 90s outside of chicano gangsters. Out here we got history -ELA got gangsters that are 75+ years old in just about every family tree-fools tatted down. I remeber whites being shocked by the way 14 year old chicanos would get blasted on the face and do it reguarly. Whites werent tatted like that anywhere outside LA in any US city -only in close proximaty with chicanos did whites adopt the patterns that ELA started. NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND. The hells angels you posted have 100% chicano tattoes. Tell me dago-the caligraophic chains across the neck, the charra, the city shots, the area codes, the dodgers symbols-the clowns and different style lettering, the blasts on the abdominals, the head shots, the side of the neck shots, the butterflie on the side of the neck, the back of the neck shot for men and women, the wrist shot for women, the stars for Nortenos, the smile now cry later tatt, the rose on the wrist, the lettering on the forearms and back arms, the blast across the shoulders, the teardrop, the underneath the bellybutton shot, the side of the ribs shot with either a woman or a hood tatt, the caligraphic scroll, the gangster shot behind the ear, the calendar representing the years you been down, the area shot,SGV_ELA_HARBOR AREA_DAGO, the chest plate story, ...............all these patterns and placements are 100% chicano in my book as I NEVER seen anyone with these placements and stylization outside of chicanos, it wasnt till years later that Samoans-CAmbodians, Whites and blacks began to take our patterns and change them up a bit. Look at TUPAC with the THUG LIFE tell me that isnt a big play on MI VIDA LOCA? and across the abdominals at that? so because he changed the words to a black saying that makes it a black tattoo? that changing the words and changing the style a bit by adding color or giving a woman an afro instead of a sombrero, thats what all races did. We set that shit off and made it popular cuz we took it mainstream-and then blacks started putting it on their videos! like always

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » April 27th, 2010, 12:22 am

Lol...

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » April 27th, 2010, 12:29 am

Silencioso wrote:sorry, I got the labels mixed up. You get the idea.

Silencioso, show me whites outside california, tatted across the shoulder blades like dude! phug that you cant! only in close proximaty with chicanos did whites-black-asians develop and begin to develop the patterns held by chicano youth. They werent getting KUKLUXKLAN across the blades like that, or the Latin Kings arent notorius for getting blasted like fools from 18 are! no black gang would get knocked upside the head like chicano gangsters do- and tattooing really took off from CAlifornia, the vast majority of tatts are plays on chicano style gang tatts. And thats the truth! that white boy with the HElls Angels on the blades? come on man that is a chicano tatt>...why werent whites tatted like that in the East coast and South, old ass white states?? why dont you post pictures outside of California and show me whites tatted like that in gangster fashion and with anything that resembles my peoples patterns.....

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » April 27th, 2010, 11:59 am

19DAGO04 wrote:
mayugastank wrote: We point to biker gangs evolving in the midwest (outlawsMC) as I tried nowhere did I see any semblance of the full body shots sported by white bikers from California.

This is what I think of this whole thread now.
C/S