Fullerton racial gang war.

The topics of Race & Religion are discussed in this section.
mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Whittier

Fullerton racial gang war.

Unread post by mayugastank » January 27th, 2011, 11:36 pm

La Habra gang member facing hate crime murder charges for 2006 shooting
April 15, 2010 | KPCC

Share: Mail Print Comment
FULLERTON — A reputed La Habra gang member will face hate crime murder charges in connection with a 2006 shooting that left a Cal State Fullerton student dead.

David Anthony Parga, 24, formerly of La Habra, is charged with one felony count of special circumstances hate crime murder for the benefit of a criminal street gang, one felony count of street terrorism, and sentencing enhancements for criminal street gang activity and the personal use of a firearm, prosecutors announced today.

If convicted, he faces a maximum sentence of life in state prison without the possibility of parole.

Prosecutors allege that on Oct. 29, 2006, Parga a member of a Hispanic gang with a history of disliking African-Americans, fatally shot Leland Washington, who was African-American.

Washington, who had no gang affiliations, arrived at a La Habra house party attended by members of Parga's gang in search of friends. While Washington waited in the front of the house for his friends, prosecutors allege Parga approached him and shot Washington in the torso without provocation.

Washington and Parga did not know each other and the victim had had no contact or conflict with anyone at the party, according to the Orange County District Attorney's Office

Parga is being held without bail and is scheduled for continued arraignment tomorrow, Friday, April 16, 2010, at 8:30 a.m. in Department N-3, North Justice Center, Fullerton..

Washington was a senior at California State University, Fullerton, and was one semester from graduating.

The case eventually went cold until late 2009, when it was reviewed by the La Habra Police Department.

http://www.scpr.org/news/2010/04/15/la- ... rder-char/

jdm894g
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: LA

Re: Fullerton racial gang war.

Unread post by jdm894g » January 28th, 2011, 1:28 am

what Black gangs are in Fullerton?

triplethreat
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by triplethreat » January 28th, 2011, 3:35 am

^I've never heard of a specific black gang being in Fullerton. At least I can't think of one off the top of my head. There used to be some Asian gangs there. The main Mexican hood that has history in that city is Fullerton Tokers Town. As far as OC goes there is no racial gang war or rivalry. From what I hear the only race rivalry is in OC jail. And even then its only fists being thrown. On the streets there is no "race gang war" in OC. There may have been some butting of heads but no real war going on. Most gangs have traditional gang rivalries and beef w/ their own race. There's no Mexican gang in OC that singles out blacks or Asians like Avenues in LA or Longos in the Beach do. This case here sounds like an isolated incident. Jus one guy who had a specific hatred and acted on it. I don't think it's accurate to post the title "Fullerton racial gang war". That's how rumors start and get spread.

carlos22338

Unread post by carlos22338 » January 28th, 2011, 2:58 pm

this happened in La Habra not Fullerton