Being white in the Americas

These concepts are socially constructed and have been given much weight. What are your thoughts?
whiskeyjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Being white in the Americas

Unread post by whiskeyjack » December 19th, 2011, 3:56 am

Ive discussed this point with Native tribes from Canada, Mexico, and now Argentina...

The majority of people of native American decsent that ive talked about this too dont have a problem with me being who iam and being born on this continent. Iam part of this land, iam from this land, and i will lay my roots in this land. Just because we dont share the same Heritage doesnt mean nothing. In Canada most of the hatred is directed at the government and its ill practices on dealing with the native Americans. And apparently its the same here in Argentina from the Incan descent people im with. In Canada our government still honours the majoirty of its treaties (unlike America), but people on both sides of the coin are at fault for the state of some native tribes. Corrupt Native Chiefs squandering money and the Indian Affairs arm of the government not being properly managed.

So when i hear from African-Americans who are racist saying they are working towards evicting me from this continent thats not even theirs i can help but laugh at such a stupid comment. Im sure there are alot of Natives in America who would agree with them the same as the white people there are just as fucked up too. But i take gratification in the fact that my opinions havent been influenced by a government that has successfully brainwashed its people to be divided while it fucks them in the ass to gain more profits. :mrgreen:

Tre
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Being white in the Americas

Unread post by Tre » January 5th, 2012, 2:07 am

Come on, Jack! You are so dramatic, seriously?? What African Americans are trying to evict you way out there in Canada??

Return to “Race and Ethnicity, Racial Relations & Racism”