The Bible is it Reliable? Understanding It ?

The topics of Race & Religion are discussed in this section.
bumperjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
If in the United States: Hawaii
What city do you live in now?: Honalulu

The Bible is it Reliable? Understanding It ?

Unread post by bumperjack » November 23rd, 2014, 7:02 am

The Bible can be taking out of context by many Denominations and Religions today as we all know!!!
Some say They have read The Bible from cover to cover like myself and I have more on one occassion.
Understanding the Bible for some people is difficult because of there unwillingness to give up their own ideas.
God invites us to seek His way,not our own, He invites us to turn from the pride of our own understanding to humble acceptance of His revealed will in His word.

What does the Bible tell us we should do to understand the truth? Thats right STUDY NOT JUST READ. It is very important to Study the Bible,not just read it for youself,We can't rely on what others tell us.
God invites you to go on a personal discovery of the truth from His infallible word.
Who is the Central Theme of the Bible?(2Timothy2:15) see that passage the answer is Jesus ,John5:39)If we study the Bible the power of the living Christ will transform us!!!

The Bible was written over 1,500 year period, It contains 66 books written by about 40 different authors ,The Bibles Authors deal with the most difficult and controversial topics imaginable,yet they agree,They do not CONTRADICT one another.These writings give evidence of divine inspiration.

Both the Old Testament consists of 39 books of the Bible from Genesis to Malachi. Ir reveals God's plan for His people before Jesus' birth. The New Testament is the last 27 books of the Bible from Matthew to Revelation It reveals the birth,life and death and resurrection of Jesus. It especially describes God's instruction to His church today. The same Holy Spirit who inspired the Bible has preserved it throughout the centuries. Recent archaeological and historical discoveries have further confirmed it's accuracy and reliability. God's word is a safe Reliable guide. I ask this question to all who is interested on this subject,What is the first principle of understanding the Bible?Answer:NO PROPHECY IS OF ANY PRIVATE INTERPRETATION:AVOID PRIVATE INTERPRETATION.We avoid private interpretation by letting the Bible explain itself real simple but not for those who do not study the Bible I myself Study by no means Am I a scholar or Bible expert but I have studied it for 25 years now so I believe God has revealed the Truth to me so for those who will listen to the truth study God's infallible word,which means perfect.The Bible folks is its own INTERPRETER true story.By allowing one passage of Scripture to explain another we discover. GOD'S INTERPRETATION.Your Attitude is essential in understanding Bible truth. If anyone chooses to do his own will not prosper and learn the truth period. Its God's will not of our own understanding.I hope this explains this to many some still wont understand because you can not understand the Bible unless you Study it like I have mentioned my teacher is my guide He is called the HOLY SPIRIT.

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: SJ

Re: The Bible is it Reliable? Understanding It ?

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » November 23rd, 2014, 9:54 am

The Bible you are referring to is a Protestant version. I know you prefer King James Version, but there is also a full KJV with all 73 books. That aside, I think your advice is fair for someone wanting to understand it. However I do think that people should research church teachings, like our friend silentwssj for example. Silent read the Bible before he joined the church and I think he turned out well, but let's just be fair and let people come to their conclusion based on what we have said here.

bumperjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by bumperjack » November 23rd, 2014, 3:31 pm

Yes MMRbkaRudog,yes I agree you have to search for the truth Religion and denomination isnt the real issue,for some they can understand on there own and they will not recieve the truth when they are lead to believe man made doctrines but we individually search for the truth if scripture doesnt reveal it it isnt the truth...If we can hung up on other books beside the 66 books we arent listening to God's inspired word them other 7 books your talking about are from Catholic bishop's that is why they Catholics have 7 more books that are not inspired by God brother but everyone has free will to be lead or mislead silentwssj has good issues and points Im open to hear or learn his study's beliefs are what to be is only certain reality of the truth. You can only find the truth I believe by studying God's infallible word 39 books are the Old Testament the last 27 are the New Testament ,Im talking about 66 because them books are inspired by God and its 40 authors.

bumperjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by bumperjack » November 23rd, 2014, 6:36 pm

Yes Everyone is entitled to search the bible or try to understand it which on there own can be confusing we all have are beliefs of the truth some search and are mislead because of alot of different reasons but the New Testament is what we follow today people get caught up by Religion,Tradition,and denomination which is man made doctrines getting caught up in Religion,denominations are confusing and what the actually do is spiritually blind believers because of either adding or subtracting to the original 66 books ,bible experts will explain them 7 books are made up of mans doctrine,Tradition of man and Religion will confuse anyone the truth is out there but we have to study to find thebtruth I believe after years I have found it and just wanted to share it with others but Im not trying to convince or sway the truth on somebody who dont believe the truth God Bless all.

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » November 24th, 2014, 10:33 am

Some parts of the Bible are definitely more important than others, but have you read those 7 books?

bumperjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by bumperjack » November 24th, 2014, 7:24 pm

Them 7 books are books the Catholic bishops were the authors of not the apostles who wrote the 66 books from Gods inspiring word 40 authors who do not contradict one another...Like the Eucharist which states God gave priests the authority to have people of the catholic faith to confess there sins to another human man which simple says we do not have a vertical relationship with our Savior which is ludicrous its not a ,3 way relationship if you believe that apparently you will believe more man Tradition no way do them 7 books that were man made books are not the truth I have read the 66 and the 15 extra books Catholics only added 7 but there is actually 15 books that were threw out because they are not inspired by Gods infallible word ,No where in the 66 books does it state we are to confess our sins to another human being who has the authority from God that means the Holy spirit is not your teacher and that ypur vertical relationship with Christ has to include another human person thats ludicrous and not the truth.

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » November 25th, 2014, 2:27 am

The truth is the Catholic church put together the Bible based on books they thought fit, then came along someone who had a falling out and wanted to throw out books. His name would be Martin Luther and not only did he throw out 7 books, but he wanted to throw out more. Why don't you Protestants go read all these holy writings and come up with your own bibliography like the Jews or Muslims? You claim that you use the Holy Spirit alone, but you obviously got these ideas from somewhere.

bumperjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by bumperjack » November 25th, 2014, 7:00 am

Rudog,luther taught that salvation and subsequently eternity in heaven is not earned by good deeds but is recieved only as a free gift of God's grace through faith in Jesus Christ as reedeemer of sin and subsequently eternity in Hell. His theology challenged the authority of the pope by teaching that the bible is the only source of divinely revealed knowledge from God. The bible tells us to obey the word of God,to not go beyond the written word 1Cor. 4:6) Unfortunately the problem with an elevated status of Roman Catholic Church tradition is that it results in various justifications of its non- biblical teachings such as prayer confessing sins,prayer to mary,purgatory,indulgences,pennace works of righteousness and so on the list is long but the gates are narrow,Because it has deviated from trusting God's word alone it has ventured into unscriptural area's. Nevertheless The Roman Catholic Church. did not give us the bible nor did they write any of it,The Apostles wrote the New Testament. I will give some other truths as we go ,the Roman Catholic Church was not around really around as an organization in the first couple hundred years of the Christian Church because they were under persecution and official church gatherings were very risky in the Roman Empire due to persecution.Catholicism as an organization with a central figure is located in Rome did not occur quite some time. In spite of its claim they can trace the papacy back to peter.The Christian Church recognized what was scripture it did not establish it. The New Testament documents rest in inspiration of God through the Apostles,The Old Testament was given to us by the jews,The Catholic church claims that it is the source of scared scriptures it is in fact placing itself above the word of God, by claiming that through its authority we recieved the word of God. Scripture says but know this first of all,that No Prophecy of scripture is a mater of one's own interpretation, For no prophecy was ever made by an act of human will, but men moved by the Holy Spirit spoke from God.(2PETER1:20-21) The Bible tells us that the scriptures are inspiredby the Holy Spirit. Therefore the very nature of inspired documents is that they carry power and authenticity in themselves. They are not given the power of Authenticity of ecclesiastical declaration.

bumperjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by bumperjack » November 25th, 2014, 7:32 am

Rudog,there is no arguments from the truth and facts The Bible in its entiredy is inspired by the HOLY SPIRTFrom the apostles its not about our Horizontal Relationships and them are denominations and Religions are first and foremost important relationship with our Savior is our vertical relationship with our Lord and Savior,it is really npt about Catholic or Protestan Luthern Methodist Islan or whatever denomination.

bumperjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by bumperjack » November 25th, 2014, 7:53 am

Rudog The Bible is our truth and God's infallible word is what Im saying Silent is at liberty to dicuss what he chooses and although we agree to disagree thats ok,My study is on the Bible our spiritual food not Religion or denominations,If we are saved by grace is what matters,I wont defend any Religion or a denomination because if you really dig into the academics of it all it takes you into mans interpretation not God's infalliable word Im a christ follower I follow His word and nobody's translation or interpretation of scriptures My Goal is one day become a bible expert,which Im not now of course but Im very mature in scripture which is the truth,not mans translation,Im not going to debate are go of course by debationg truth the bible is the subject and No Religion nor denomination which is man made doctrines had anything to do with the bible there were 66 books only that were inspired by the Holy Spirit.

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » November 25th, 2014, 9:16 am

You believe what another man tells you, just like me. Let's stop debating this please, because I'm really not into debating these things. I just had a feeling you were representing a Protestant version of the Bible and wanted to put that out there.

bumperjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by bumperjack » November 25th, 2014, 9:30 am

There is no debating your talking about the majority of people of faith listen to man I let God's infallible word guide me not man nor any Religion rudog there is no debate.We all have a right to freedom of choice.

bumperjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by bumperjack » November 25th, 2014, 3:57 pm

Rudog I have respect for you and we started on a misunderstanding note but have become somewhat friends and I think your kool bro and we will let this subject role on for sure,Religion is a very controvesial subject because everyone has different veiws but that is what makes individuals and its fine as long as we respect each other being the bottom line I have haters on street gangs and thats because they are. Offended by a real gangster and me being White,dont make it easy when your white and greasy but they dont have to feel threatned by my realness they have a keyboard in front of them for protection,also Im not pushing that lifestyle any longer just like silent and Im not sure ypur position really but I will not ever disrespect you rudog knpw that bumper put with respects to you rudog

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » November 25th, 2014, 11:36 pm

Like silent, I'm going to agree to disagree. I respect you to bumperjack. I didn't understand you as well at first and vice-versa, but you gave me a better understanding. I have made similar choices in life as to you and silent. I probably ain't living to my potential, but I hope I make the right choices and I have made some choices in the past that are probably better.

bumperjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by bumperjack » November 26th, 2014, 5:24 am

Rudog,ok thats good we know the lifestyle which all three of has lived is a dead end street and Gangs are a lie even though we all been to prison and messed around in gangs when I first came home almost 4 years ago I wasnt living to my full potential neither just I would say the last 2 years It got better andbthis last year I really turned my life completley around going to church reading my bible praying and getting involved with a Gang Awareness@Prevention program to mentor troubled youth in Gangs or just in trouble wrote my book and live is better than it has ever been hang in there homeboy and you will eventually arrive also much respects bumperjack

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by alexalonso » December 18th, 2015, 1:37 am

Yes, very reliable.

Christina Marie
If in the United States: Pennsylvania
What city do you live in now?: From LB to PA

Unread post by Christina Marie » December 29th, 2015, 6:11 pm

I think as with anything, fact check as much as possible. Correlate as much as possible. But yes, The Word of God is reliable.

playermadecholo
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
If in the United States: Texas
What city do you live in now?: houston

Unread post by playermadecholo » March 19th, 2016, 7:06 pm

SOMETHING I DONT UNDERSTAND IS HOW HOMOSEXUALS TALK ABOUT GOD AS IF HE APPROVES OF THEIR LIFESTYLE. TALK ABOUT AN OXYMORON. I WONDER WHAT "GOD" THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT.

DiegoDog
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: NorCal

Unread post by DiegoDog » March 23rd, 2016, 7:41 am

Ah, the good book, I've also read the Bible cover to cover; once! I was baptized and saved at age 38...it took long enough but better late than never.

bumperjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by bumperjack » March 29th, 2016, 2:23 am

The Bible is the most popular book in history! And has been proven to be true in both word and deed and prophecy's.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by alexalonso » August 20th, 2016, 7:53 pm

playermadecholo wrote:SOMETHING I DONT UNDERSTAND IS HOW HOMOSEXUALS TALK ABOUT GOD AS IF HE APPROVES OF THEIR LIFESTYLE. TALK ABOUT AN OXYMORON. I WONDER WHAT "GOD" THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT.
the scriptures speak against homosexual behavior, fornication and adultery all in the same scripture.

SpiritualKnight
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
If in the United States: Texas
What city do you live in now?: waco

Unread post by SpiritualKnight » September 11th, 2018, 8:45 pm

Russ Dizdar (his facebook is: https://www.facebook.com/russ.dizdar) is a current preacher/former ohio police chaplain, who speaks about the massive satanic cult activity going on in ohio, and other states/places. He lives in summit county, ohio - he helps people that are born into satanic cults get out, receive salvation, and provides protection to them, and also helps bring healing from a condition they often impose on members from birth, called multiple personality disorder (MPD - also known as DID, dissociative identity disorder), which they use to help keep members under control/hidden.. The satanic covens/cult groups do this through various methods of torture from birth, to bring about a 'split' in the personality through trauma - then hypnosis (and other essentially brainwashing techniques) are used on the 'split personalities', which are 'programmed' (so to speak) to be obedient and do the work. The process is known/documented as satanic ritual abuse (SRA - look it up..) - the man russ helps get salvation/healing for ALL the personalities, and can help provide means of escape/protection for those that want out of these satanic cults/secret society groups.These satanic cult groups I'm talking about are part of the anti-christ's satanic army that's spoken about in the prophetic bible verses of revelation (revelation 16:13-14, revelation 19:19), and are secretly operating inter-connected HEAVILY all over the country, and in other places world wide... They have people operating covertly at all levels of government, education, entertainment, law enforcement, and religions/religious groups (pretending to be one religion, while secretly they're a satanist), and they are VERY ORGANIZED, AND VERY ACTIVE. (*Note* also youtube search: 'cia and satanism' - ted gunderson, a former FBI member, has some really valuable/interesting information concerning this topic.. also look up 'MK-Ultra', and 'project bluebird'.... there are official government files/documents available online, concerning this stuff.) These are the last days (matthew 24), and the end of this world as we know it is not far off. These satanic cults engage in the act of casting spells/hexes on people, as well, but christians are able to combat this with the power of God them through prayer, and also deliverance for the satanic witch's can be attained. The preacher russ has powerful spiritual warfare teachings (Judges 9:57, Matthew 16:18-19, Mark 16:16-18, Luke 10:18-20, Acts 13:1-12, Acts 16:16-18, Ephesians 6:10-17) - witchcraft is real (Deuteronomy 18:10-11, Luke 10:18-20, Romans 16:10, Acts 19:18-29, 1 Timothy 4:1, Revelation 2:24), and these satanic covens/cult groups are heavily into it, doing human sacrifice and other things for demonic empowerment (2 Kings 21:6, Matthew 16:26-27, Luke 4:5-7, Acts 8:9-1, Revelation 18:23), and are involved in/tied to child kidnappings, much of the sex trafficking/sex slave stuff, serial killers (for example: charles manson, and richard ramirez -AKA the night stalker, who was from texas...), and also many people believe that some of the mass murderer's/shooters that have been arrested are potentially satanic cult coven members/victims of the satanic ritual abuse, themselves... This stuff is VERY REAL, and it is a VERY SERIOUS SITUATION - the man russ provides massive concrete evidence concerning this matter, and I have a qucik/powerful overview teaching that's posted at the top of my page, with a few links attached to it, that will help bring a strong understanding concerning the situation, while providing evidences as well. PLEASE LOOK INTO THIS MATTER, IT IS VERY IMPORTANT! (my face book is: https://www.facebook.com/kenny.jackson.5011)