Fat Joe says nigga in his song!?!?

The topics of Race & Religion are discussed in this section.
DC
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by DC » March 18th, 2006, 9:29 pm

^^^^^^^^^^^^ Dont deny the fact that there are white Mexicans, you say you have never seen a white Mexican, Get the f*ck outta here.

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » March 18th, 2006, 9:42 pm

Rollin_inmy_SixFo wrote:
EVN - I'm just me... wrote:
Rollin_inmy_SixFo wrote:OK so your argument has gone from an entire nationality to crenshaw high's mecha club. ? I'm starting to think that you are just instigating isht. What part of MIXED do you not understand? What is your naionality?
I was using this as an example of the type of mentallity of prefering to not be called white that is common among Mexican-Americans.

George Lopez makes jokes about how white people came to exploit "his people" when he has white ancestors who were "exploiting" as well.

It's all over.

Just look at the word "malinchista"
Do you have a nationality, race, or ethnic origins?

90%+ of Mexicans are mixed. For some reason, you can't or won't comprehend that fact. Your Mexican friend could actually be white but that would put him in the minority <10% population.
why do you think mexicans speak spanish? where do you think mexicans came from? mexicans are decendants of spanards with native americans, or i think they are called mestizos.

Rollin_inmy_SixFo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Rollin_inmy_SixFo » March 18th, 2006, 10:02 pm

DC wrote:^^^^^^^^^^^^ Dont deny the fact that there are white Mexicans, you say you have never seen a white Mexican, Get the f*ck outta here.
This mufuka is retarded.^^ I'm guessing you dropped out of the 7th grade?

DC
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by DC » March 19th, 2006, 12:28 am

Haha, good come back f*ck head. How dumb do you sound, Im Mexican but I have never seen a white Mexican, the f*cking President of Mexico is white you dumb ass.

DC
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by DC » March 19th, 2006, 12:35 am

Hey Rollin,

Follow this link for a picture of Vincente (White Mexican) Fox the president of Mexico.

http://www.vicentefox.org.mx/

DC

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » March 19th, 2006, 12:47 am

daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnggggggggggg

he's got you there rollin :lol: :lol:

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » March 19th, 2006, 2:05 am

This is the most retarded shit ever. Clearly Rollin is talking about Mexicans as a race (even though they aren't considered a race), and DC, EVN and se11 are talking about Mexicans as a nationality. you'll find white,black, asian, mestizo, mullato of every nationality, duh. But you fools wanna act like every day you see wome white mexicans are if you go to Mexico there are a grip of white Mexicans just kickin it...thats some ol BS propagnda. i've been to Mexico and lived on these LA streets, and I've never see a white Mexican. The only time I've ssen white mexicans were on tv, movies, or the internet. Why is that, it's because they are the minority in the country which rules shit. They are a minority. Now if you wanna see some big white Latino populations, take your ass to Argentina, or Uruguay or some shit.

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: New York City

Unread post by Cold Bear » March 19th, 2006, 2:44 am

se11 wrote:
Cold Bear wrote:fu-- you se11.

I would slap the shit out of you for coming out your face like that.
who the fu-- do you think you are? trying to run shit online. get the fu-- outa here. your wrong for putting shit in my mouth.
You put those words in your own mouth fool. Did you not say that when blacks came through your neighborhood you knew they were up to no good, did you not try to hype that Eme / AB shit and apply it to your own shit. I remember because I called your ass out then too for trying to use some shit from 3000 miles away that you've never seen to your advantage.

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Cold Bear » March 19th, 2006, 2:47 am

EVN - I'm just me... wrote:daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnggggggggggg

And this dude is in some kind of dreamland. First of all that dude does not look very white at all. Second of all who cares what he looks like. Of course the president will look white since white people are in power across the globe. How about you go to that page and look at the hundreds of people behind him? They are not white at all

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Cold Bear » March 19th, 2006, 2:51 am

LIke I said in Cuba and in many countries in Central America, the whites or 'whiter' will be the newscasters, politicians, etc. But what do the masses look like? In fact your trying to point at Fox as being white highlights the fact that theh masses are represented by more european looking (though I maintain that Fox is not straight up white at all) individuals. That picture on Fox's page sums it up to me. You have some European looking cat in front of a bunch of very Brown people.

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Cold Bear » March 19th, 2006, 2:56 am

And read this so you can stop trying to deny people their real heritage:

"In 1903 the ever-forward looking W.E.B. DuBois declared, “The problem of the twentieth century is the problem of the color line.” A century later, the relevance of DuBois’ observation is being contested by those preoccupied with the increasing ethnic and cultural diversification of the US. Many argue that DuBois’ centralization of the boundary between the entangled black and white worlds is outdated, going so far as to propose that we now have color lines. Such gestures are more than semantic, and instead imply that blackness as the definitive social boundary for US race relations is either less pronounced or completely erased by the significant presence of nonblack racial minorities such as Latino/as and Asian Americans.

This is precisely why George Yancey’s book Who Is White?: Latinos, Asians, and the New Black/Nonblack Divide is such a necessary read. Yancey, a sociologist at the University of North Texas, provides compelling evidence that supports the (unstated) hypothesis that the color line of the 20th century will remain firmly entrenched in the 21st. Using as his point of departure the popular projection that whites will soon be a minority group, Yancey opens his book by arguing that whites will remain the majority despite the growing populations of Latino/as and Asian Americans. How can the increase of Latino/as and Asian Americans enforce, rather than disrupt, the color line? Simple. By 2050, according to Yancey, most Latino/as and Asian Americans will be white.

For those who consider race to be a biological fact rather than a social and political one, Yancey’s projection is sure to raise eyebrows. Yet his argument is grounded in an understanding of how whiteness, like any racial category, is socially and politically defined yet enacted in real and meaningful ways. Whiteness is also fluid and maintains itself when threatened by incorporating previously excluded groups. In the chapter “How to Be White,” Yancey covers ground commonly discussed by practitioners of what is becoming institutionalized as “whiteness studies,” including the racialized discrimination and nativism that different European ethnic groups faced before they eventually became socially accepted by Anglos and then later by a more expansive pan-European race simply known as “white.”

Since it is generally argued that these ethnic groups were able to assimilate into whiteness because they had similar phenotypes and could trace their roots to Europe–a point Yancey acknowledges—what makes Who Is White? so provocative is that its author suggests that European phenotype or ancestry will no longer be prerequisites for becoming white. While the US Census Bureau treats Latino/as as an “ethnic group” of sorts by emphasizing Latin American origin, many are socially read as “brown.” Most Asian Americans are markedly non-European in phenotype and ancestry. Nevertheless, Yancey argues that while they may experience patterns of discrimination and racism from whites, both Latino/as and Asian Americans are following the same pattern of assimilation as Europeans did before them.

Grounding his study within the framework of sociologist Milton Gordon, whose work on assimilation emphasized social acceptance by the majority and identification with it from the minority, Yancey provides compelling evidence indicating that Latino/as and Asian Americans are well on their way to becoming white. In the chapter “They Are Okay—Just Keep Them Away from Me,” the author analyzes survey data on racial groups’ social attitudes regarding who they approve as potential neighbors as well as marriage partners for their children.

Contrary to the popular image of blacks as racially restrictive, Yancey discovers that black respondents are the most open to all other races. Yet despite being the most receptive to other groups, blacks in general are rejected by all nonblack groups—whites, Latino/as and Asian Americans. While some assume that whites will be closed off to anyone not white, Yancey’s research show that white respondents are more accepting of Latino/as and Asian Americans than they are of blacks. In turn, Latino/a and Asian American respondents are fairly receptive to one another as well as to whites. Overall, Yancey’s findings reveal that whites, Latino/as and Asian Americans do not tend to reject one another as possible neighbors or as their kids’ spouses, but all three groups show a general resistance to blacks in these social roles."

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » March 19th, 2006, 4:10 am

perongregory wrote:This is the most retarded shit ever. Clearly Rollin is talking about Mexicans as a race (even though they aren't considered a race), and DC, EVN and se11 are talking about Mexicans as a nationality. you'll find white,black, asian, mestizo, mullato of every nationality, duh. But you fools wanna act like every day you see wome white mexicans are if you go to Mexico there are a grip of white Mexicans just kickin it...thats some ol BS propagnda. i've been to Mexico and lived on these LA streets, and I've never see a white Mexican. The only time I've ssen white mexicans were on tv, movies, or the internet. Why is that, it's because they are the minority in the country which rules shit. They are a minority. Now if you wanna see some big white Latino populations, take your ass to Argentina, or Uruguay or some shit.
What cites in Mexico did you say you went to again?

I mean Mexico city has natural blonde Mexicans everywhere (they are Spanish) and some other places
Where did you go?

DC
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by DC » March 19th, 2006, 4:12 am

Why is Rollin refering to Mexicans as a race then, he is straight up confused, Mexicans can be white, black, Indian and Meztizo.
Its true white Mexicans dominate the media and politics in Mexico, but there is still a large number of meztizos in high positions in Mexico.
Anyway lets look at Chicanos in LA, they put down Mexican Nationals and refer to them as wetbacks etc etc, this what I dont get, how can you treat your own people with such disrespect. Chicanos want Mexican to be a race and not be refered to as Latinos, but they will call there brothers from across the border wetbacks, this is some very confused sh*t.

DC

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » March 19th, 2006, 4:42 pm

Cold Bear wrote:
se11 wrote:
Cold Bear wrote:fu-- you se11.

I would slap the shit out of you for coming out your face like that.
who the fu-- do you think you are? trying to run shit online. get the fu-- outa here. your wrong for putting shit in my mouth.
You put those words in your own mouth fool. Did you not say that when blacks came through your neighborhood you knew they were up to no good, did you not try to hype that Eme / AB shit and apply it to your own shit. I remember because I called your ass out then too for trying to use some shit from 3000 miles away that you've never seen to your advantage.
what does that have to do with fat joe and a race poll? did you even read what i said? what the fuck is the matter with you?

ab has a better relation ship with la eme than any black person does thats true, does that mean every white/latin person on the face of the planet have an alliance? what the fuck is the matter with you?

Old Shatterhand
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Old Shatterhand » March 19th, 2006, 5:04 pm

Cold Bear wrote:"In 1903 the ever-forward looking W.E.B. DuBois declared, “The problem of the twentieth century is the problem of the color line.” A century later, the relevance of DuBois’ observation is being contested by those preoccupied with the increasing ethnic and cultural diversification of the US. Many argue that DuBois’ centralization of the boundary between the entangled black and white worlds is outdated, going so far as to propose that we now have color lines. Such gestures are more than semantic, and instead imply that blackness as the definitive social boundary for US race relations is either less pronounced or completely erased by the significant presence of nonblack racial minorities such as Latino/as and Asian Americans.

This is precisely why George Yancey’s book Who Is White?: Latinos, Asians, and the New Black/Nonblack Divide is such a necessary read. Yancey, a sociologist at the University of North Texas, provides compelling evidence that supports the (unstated) hypothesis that the color line of the 20th century will remain firmly entrenched in the 21st. Using as his point of departure the popular projection that whites will soon be a minority group, Yancey opens his book by arguing that whites will remain the majority despite the growing populations of Latino/as and Asian Americans. How can the increase of Latino/as and Asian Americans enforce, rather than disrupt, the color line? Simple. By 2050, according to Yancey, most Latino/as and Asian Americans will be white.

For those who consider race to be a biological fact rather than a social and political one, Yancey’s projection is sure to raise eyebrows. Yet his argument is grounded in an understanding of how whiteness, like any racial category, is socially and politically defined yet enacted in real and meaningful ways. Whiteness is also fluid and maintains itself when threatened by incorporating previously excluded groups. In the chapter “How to Be White,” Yancey covers ground commonly discussed by practitioners of what is becoming institutionalized as “whiteness studies,” including the racialized discrimination and nativism that different European ethnic groups faced before they eventually became socially accepted by Anglos and then later by a more expansive pan-European race simply known as “white.”

Since it is generally argued that these ethnic groups were able to assimilate into whiteness because they had similar phenotypes and could trace their roots to Europe–a point Yancey acknowledges—what makes Who Is White? so provocative is that its author suggests that European phenotype or ancestry will no longer be prerequisites for becoming white. While the US Census Bureau treats Latino/as as an “ethnic group” of sorts by emphasizing Latin American origin, many are socially read as “brown.” Most Asian Americans are markedly non-European in phenotype and ancestry. Nevertheless, Yancey argues that while they may experience patterns of discrimination and racism from whites, both Latino/as and Asian Americans are following the same pattern of assimilation as Europeans did before them.

Grounding his study within the framework of sociologist Milton Gordon, whose work on assimilation emphasized social acceptance by the majority and identification with it from the minority, Yancey provides compelling evidence indicating that Latino/as and Asian Americans are well on their way to becoming white. In the chapter “They Are Okay—Just Keep Them Away from Me,” the author analyzes survey data on racial groups’ social attitudes regarding who they approve as potential neighbors as well as marriage partners for their children.

Contrary to the popular image of blacks as racially restrictive, Yancey discovers that black respondents are the most open to all other races. Yet despite being the most receptive to other groups, blacks in general are rejected by all nonblack groups—whites, Latino/as and Asian Americans. While some assume that whites will be closed off to anyone not white, Yancey’s research show that white respondents are more accepting of Latino/as and Asian Americans than they are of blacks. In turn, Latino/a and Asian American respondents are fairly receptive to one another as well as to whites. Overall, Yancey’s findings reveal that whites, Latino/as and Asian Americans do not tend to reject one another as possible neighbors or as their kids’ spouses, but all three groups show a general resistance to blacks in these social roles."
Milton Gordon I think postulated his study in 1964 with the release "Assimilation in American Life: The Role of Race, Religion, and National Origins." George Yancey's book appears to borrow heavily from it. Since I haven't read either yet, all I'll say is that this abstract appears to be correct in my experience; however, there is a lot missing here. Did Yancey or Gordon address mixed relationships between whites and other races including statistical trends?

Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by 100 » March 23rd, 2006, 4:50 pm

Cold Bear wrote:EVN in my opinion not one of those individuals looks white or Italian to me. They are brown. One girl possibly looks white but that's it.

CORRECTION-TAN

Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by 100 » March 23rd, 2006, 5:18 pm

Rollin_inmy_SixFo wrote:
100 wrote:
Rollin_inmy_SixFo wrote:
EVN - I'm just me... wrote:
100 wrote:
DC wrote:.
OK then whoever has white blood in them could also be considered white. So unless you are pure African then using your logic, you are white. LOL.

naw you missing the point latino is not a race it is an ethnciity while saying that read what he said and vision what i mean...

perongregory Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:05 am Post subject:
Now if you wanna see some big white Latino populations, take your ass to Argentina, or Uruguay or some shit.

from allhiphop.com

Paul H.
The Dominican Republican.

Posts: 5,593 I'm not gonna speak for all latinos but just for dr's.

The people that come here are obviously poor,usually innercity mothers with there kids.Now these are not like your average dominican from DR where that higher you go up economically the more they will resemble white america.Real talk.You couldn't tell the difference culturally between a rich white dominican and white middle-classer unless you get them to dance for you..lol?
http://community.allhiphop.com/showthre ... ost6448811

T-drop
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by T-drop » March 24th, 2006, 1:38 pm

I saw a cd shoot with pitbull, his eyes were blue... I saw fat joe, his was grey/blue... There you got it, race dont matters, but i think its COMPLETLY wrong to say the n word...

Rollin_inmy_SixFo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Rollin_inmy_SixFo » March 25th, 2006, 4:43 pm

DC wrote:Hey Rollin,

Follow this link for a picture of Vincente (White Mexican) Fox the president of Mexico.

http://www.vicentefox.org.mx/

DC
You obviously do not understand simple English. How many times have I said that there are white Mexicans but they are a minority?

Rollin_inmy_SixFo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Rollin_inmy_SixFo » March 25th, 2006, 4:44 pm

EVN - I'm just me... wrote:daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnggggggggggg

Stop cheerleading and riding other peoples' jocks.

Rollin_inmy_SixFo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Rollin_inmy_SixFo » March 25th, 2006, 4:47 pm

Cold Bear wrote:LIke I said in Cuba and in many countries in Central America, the whites or 'whiter' will be the newscasters, politicians, etc. But what do the masses look like? In fact your trying to point at Fox as being white highlights the fact that theh masses are represented by more european looking (though I maintain that Fox is not straight up white at all) individuals. That picture on Fox's page sums it up to me. You have some European looking cat in front of a bunch of very Brown people.
Cold Bear nailed it! Vicente Fox does not look 100% white. He looks mixed.

Rollin_inmy_SixFo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Rollin_inmy_SixFo » March 25th, 2006, 4:51 pm

DC wrote:Why is Rollin refering to Mexicans as a race then, he is straight up confused, Mexicans can be white, black, Indian and Meztizo.
Its true white Mexicans dominate the media and politics in Mexico, but there is still a large number of meztizos in high positions in Mexico.
Anyway lets look at Chicanos in LA, they put down Mexican Nationals and refer to them as wetbacks etc etc, this what I dont get, how can you treat your own people with such disrespect. Chicanos want Mexican to be a race and not be refered to as Latinos, but they will call there brothers from across the border wetbacks, this is some very confused sh*t.

DC
DC: What is your nationality, race, and/or ethnicity? I need to explain it to you in terms that you can understand. Be proud of who you are.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » March 25th, 2006, 7:39 pm

DC wrote:Why is Rollin refering to Mexicans as a race then, he is straight up confused, Mexicans can be white, black, Indian and Meztizo.

DC
I heard about that too.... crazy/messed up stuff

DC
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by DC » March 25th, 2006, 9:50 pm

Nationality - Australian
Race- White (German,Serbian,English)

Rollin,
Explain to me why Mexican Americans put down there own brothers from across the border and call them wetbacks?????

DC

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » March 25th, 2006, 10:33 pm

perongregory wrote:This is the most retarded shit ever. Clearly Rollin is talking about Mexicans as a race (even though they aren't considered a race), and DC, EVN and se11 are talking about Mexicans as a nationality. you'll find white,black, asian, mestizo, mullato of every nationality, duh. But you fools wanna act like every day you see wome white mexicans are if you go to Mexico there are a grip of white Mexicans just kickin it...thats some ol BS propagnda. i've been to Mexico and lived on these LA streets, and I've never see a white Mexican. The only time I've ssen white mexicans were on tv, movies, or the internet. Why is that, it's because they are the minority in the country which rules shit. They are a minority. Now if you wanna see some big white Latino populations, take your ass to Argentina, or Uruguay or some shit.
just because you've never seen one, doesn't mean they dont exist. they are in a minority, but there are white mexicans or "lighter" mexicans.

ive seen some hispanic people that the only way you'd know they're spanish is by their names. look at some baseball players. look at david ortiz, does he look dominican? does bronson arroyo look spanish, does luis gonzalez of the arizona diamondbacks look anything, danny baez of the devil rays look cuban? there are ALOT of people that are some sort of hispanic that arent the typical "brown color". you have to get over that their are white looking puerto ricans, dominicans, cubans, mexicans, everything. there are also black look people of the same nationality.

DC
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by DC » March 26th, 2006, 4:01 am

I hear ya SE11, people just want to ignore the fact that you can be a Latino and white, not all Latinos are mixed/meztizo/mulatto. Check out Roger Miret from the Legendary NY Hardcore bad Agnostic Front, he is Cuban born and raised in NYC.

Rollin_inmy_SixFo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Rollin_inmy_SixFo » April 2nd, 2006, 6:15 pm

DC wrote:Nationality - Australian
Race- White (German,Serbian,English)

Rollin,
Explain to me why Mexican Americans put down there own brothers from across the border and call them wetbacks?????

DC
Maybe if I ask the question this way, you might understand. That might be asking too much but here goes. Why do higher class white people refer to poor whites as "white trash" or "rednecks" or "hooligans?" Is it because they harbor deep hatred for their own race or is it meant to be taken with a grain of salt, so to speak? Clue: If you could figure that one out, then that should answer your question.

tick tock tick tock...

DC
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by DC » April 2nd, 2006, 7:22 pm

So Mexican Americans put down Mexican Nationals because they are higher class Mexicans...

Old Shatterhand
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Old Shatterhand » April 2nd, 2006, 7:48 pm

DC wrote:I hear ya SE11, people just want to ignore the fact that you can be a Latino and white, not all Latinos are mixed/meztizo/mulatto. Check out Roger Miret from the Legendary NY Hardcore bad Agnostic Front, he is Cuban born and raised in NYC.

He needs to work out.

Rollin_inmy_SixFo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Rollin_inmy_SixFo » April 2nd, 2006, 8:00 pm

DC wrote:So Mexican Americans put down Mexican Nationals because they are higher class Mexicans...
I knew that would be too much for you to make a connection.

Tell you what, why don't you enroll in adult school or something cause whatever you're doing now, it's not working.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » April 2nd, 2006, 10:26 pm

DC wrote:I hear ya SE11, people just want to ignore the fact that you can be a Latino and white, not all Latinos are mixed/meztizo/mulatto. Check out Roger Miret from the Legendary NY Hardcore bad Agnostic Front, he is Cuban born and raised in NYC.

lol just look at b-real

Tell me he doesn't look like anything but a white stoner

He tried to change his look by shaving his head bald and wearing "Joker" clothes and stuff, but this is the natural him

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » April 2nd, 2006, 10:32 pm

thats not the original B-real. You think he was runnin around Family Swans looking like that? in early, early Cypress Hill he didn't look like that. The only reason he looking like that there is because Muggs and Sen Dog was influencing him with that rap/metal bs they were doing.