Fat Joe says nigga in his song!?!?

The topics of Race & Religion are discussed in this section.
MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » March 15th, 2006, 6:28 pm

blackmanofhonor wrote:yea,Fat Joe most def has black blood,you can see it in his lips and facial structure.If one didnt know,they would assume he was just a light skinned black man.
LOL @ his lips and facial structure

he's FAT joe, you think he's gonna have skinny lips?

First whoe me a picutre of him at a healthy body fat zone, then we see LOL

ManifestTruth
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by ManifestTruth » March 15th, 2006, 8:09 pm

"personally i cant stand latinos in general...i dont hate..but they just a taccy people in my mind...

as for Joe...dont like his chunky ass either...Pun was hot but what get me is with ricans..they quicc to talk abotu how they from the hood....but if it cam down to it...theyd ride with a white dude before standin up for ANY black man....just because they wanna get ahead...i only envy they strong sense of family...thats it...

the only people who buy joe shyt is ricans...i dont see how he real hood or just plain REAL in general...thoughts?"

Can't remember who spit this but this is real ignorant. First, Fat Joe, Joe
Cartegena is from the Bx, South Bronx. He was a wild ass kid back in the
day and had some cats shook. From Castle Hill all the way to Bronx River.
He himself has stated in many an interview that he viewed himself as a Spanish speaking black.

The only people who by joe shyt is Ricans?? C'mon, money, you know this
is falsehood. That is East Coast bias talking right there. Before the West, South, and Midwest came up in the rap game, Tri-State cats stayed shitting on them. I would know, I'm a tri-state cat myself.. Even with PR,
Asian(my man Jinn), and White rappers, they have difficulty getting love
from the Northeast massive, 'specially cats from NY/NJ. Still on that, "top
of the food chain" nonsense.. Talent is everywhere, my beloved, and in
everyone.

Some cat, I'm sure he aint East Coast and dont know shit about Boricuas,
says there arent any Black PR's. Go to the Island(Puerto Rico), and inquire
about a town named Luisa. Everybody in that bitch is black.

Finally, Joe is 1/2 PR and 1/2 Cuban..

DC
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by DC » March 15th, 2006, 8:27 pm

Fat Joe is a white PR, have you seen the amount of body hair he has, I have never seen a extremely hairy black man, people of European descent are hairy like that. Just because some PR have black blood does not mean all PR are black, the majority of PR are white.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » March 15th, 2006, 8:31 pm

DC wrote:Fat Joe is a white PR, have you seen the amount of body hair he has, I have never seen a extremely hairy black man, people of European descent are hairy like that. Just because some PR have black blood does not mean all PR are black, the majority of PR are white.
Seriously, just like Cubans and others... alot of what we see is white PR.

blackman got it wrong.... if I saw him.. I wouldn't see him in any way as black.....

I would see him as a man who seriously needs medical attention and excercise....

and not only did the comment about "his lips and face" being "black" stereotype (big lips, etc) but he is FAT joe, how are his lips supposed to be skinny when his body fat is 50% and even his fingers show stretch marks?

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » March 15th, 2006, 8:33 pm

how does anyone here know what kind of blood fat joe has in him? this is insane.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » March 15th, 2006, 8:33 pm

Manifest, Jinn is coming back man! He just did a show in Beijing, first show in China, and he's back making new tracks again!

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » March 15th, 2006, 8:36 pm

se11 wrote:how does anyone here know what kind of blood fat joe has in him? this is insane.

o crap.............

I hate it when not only does the truch prove my opponents wrong, it proves all of us wrong......

LOL you're right... there's no way of knowing without some blood test, and even then it's sketchy...

But by looks, I see no black in him.

But ya, you're right se11... dang!

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » March 15th, 2006, 8:57 pm

does it even MATTER? if somebody 400 years ago in his family line was black or dark indian, who cares? he's claiming boricua now.

ManifestTruth
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by ManifestTruth » March 15th, 2006, 8:57 pm

Any of you cats ever met Fat Joe in person?? Seen him up close? He doesnt look black, looks like a Latino with some African lineage to go along with the Spanish and indigenous(although the Tainos were practically wiped out).

Some one said the majority of Puerto Ricans are white. Actually, the
majority of Puerto Ricans are, bust it, Puerto Rican!! Not sure how many
of you live or have lived amongst Puerto Ricans, but they are definitely
more brown(especially on the Island) than anything else. Anyways, who
cares if they are "black" or "white". I mean, who is really either??!! Shit
is nonsense man.

Fat Joe=fat nose, fat lips, fat fingers.. Looks like fat is the operative word
here..lol

Jinn in the house! Cat can straight spit. Heard him on 97.1(NYC station) a few years back and he freestyled crazy. Not sure how his thing with DoubleR(Rough Riders) went but I think the timing was bad with all the internal issues the label had. Anyways, good to hear...

UmanH-ay

Unread post by UmanH-ay » March 16th, 2006, 12:22 am

i can see black features in Joe,

but yeah LOL at End violence, the duke is in need of Medical attention and some exercise! lol

Y.G.
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Y.G. » March 16th, 2006, 2:51 am

I DON'T TRIP OFF PR'S, DR'S, AND POLYNESIANS SAYIN NIGGA BECAUSE THE BICK IT TOUGH WITH NIGGAZ.

DC
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by DC » March 16th, 2006, 3:16 am

I suppose it not cool to be white, so he must have black or Indian in him.
Some people here have some big issues, and Ill say this once more, most PR's are white.......................

blackmanofhonor
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by blackmanofhonor » March 16th, 2006, 6:35 am

DC wrote:I suppose it not cool to be white, so he must have black or Indian in him.
Some people here have some big issues, and Ill say this once more, most PR's are white.......................
Most Puerto Ricans are not white,they are a mixture of Taino,spanish and african blood.

kaotik_hcp
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Fat Joe says nigga in his song!?!?

Unread post by kaotik_hcp » March 16th, 2006, 9:13 am

wizdom wrote:
Rollin_inmy_SixFo wrote:Fat Joe is just light skinned but he aint white.
that nigga is Puerto Rican
huh? what?

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » March 16th, 2006, 1:02 pm

blackmanofhonor wrote:
DC wrote:I suppose it not cool to be white, so he must have black or Indian in him.
Most Puerto Ricans are not white,they are a mixture of Taino,spanish and african blood.
WHO CARES!?!? fat joe said nigga, he waves a puerto rican flag, what are any of you going to do about it?! does it even make a difference if his indian ancestor banged a white or black person? seriously.

DC
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by DC » March 16th, 2006, 4:59 pm

Sorry but whites are majority in PR.

From Wikipedia..

In the 2000 U.S. Census Puerto Ricans were asked to identify which racial category with which they personally identify. 95.8% answered with only one choice. The breakdown is as follows: 80.5% described themselves as "white"; 8% described themselves as "Black"; and only 0.4% described themselves as "Native American[quote]

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: New York City

Unread post by Cold Bear » March 16th, 2006, 6:18 pm

To DC that is only because of the deep roots of self hatred implanted by colonialism and imperialism, to where for example a neighbor of my girlfriend who I drink with, who is dark skinned, curly haired, that probably by white society can only be seen as 'black', from the Dominican Republic will say that he hates black folks.

Trujillo in the Dominican Republic was a dictator who really set off a lot of that sentiment. To this day many males are named after him, Rafael. The situation is that you have the Dominican Republic sharing an island with Haiti. And what Trujillo did was basically say all the African descended people on that [Haiti] side are dirty and horrible. It's institutionalized racism that's backbone is in the economy, in society, and in education. It's not even non-PC to talk like that about the haitians. Meanwhile Haiti is the only country in the Caribbean who successfully led a revolution against imperialist powers.

Let me share for you a story of my homegirl who is Haitian but identifies as Black who walked in to a Dominican hair salon in Washington Heights. They look at her hair with disgust. They don't want to help her. Meanwhile they are asking her "You want to get rid of this for good [saying they want to straighten her hair permanently], right?" She says no and they can't believe it. Meanwhile almost all of them can pass for her cousins. Culturally they may be different, but they look the same as her.

But anyways what I'm saying is they identify as white because sick as it is they have been taught that is the best thing to be on the planet earth. And also, was latino a choice on that list you only listed White, Black, and Native American? Maybe they would have identified as that.

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: New York City

Unread post by Cold Bear » March 16th, 2006, 6:21 pm

That story is centered on the Dominican Republic but it is also applicable in Puerto Rico, and in Cuba. Although Cuba tried to blow up a new way of thinking about race and identity, saying 'we are all CUBAN', the truth is color politics are very big there as well.

Rollin_inmy_SixFo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Rollin_inmy_SixFo » March 16th, 2006, 6:37 pm

DC wrote:Sorry but whites are majority in PR.

From Wikipedia..

In the 2000 U.S. Census Puerto Ricans were asked to identify which racial category with which they personally identify. 95.8% answered with only one choice. The breakdown is as follows: 80.5% described themselves as "white"; 8% described themselves as "Black"; and only 0.4% described themselves as "Native American
I think they identify as white because in many Latin American countries, for whatever reasons, that brings "higher" status. Come on now, any person of color would know how that goes down. Or maybe some just don't know that they are mixed?

Tre
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Tre » March 16th, 2006, 7:26 pm

I agree with Rollin_inmy_SixFo...

and to DC...

Taino DNA testing in Puerto Rico revealed that 61% of Puerto Ricans possess the exact same DNA as Taino Indians who inhabited Puerto Rico before the arrival of Columbus. In addition, 27% had the DNA of Africans, while those that shared the DNA of white Europeans was only 12%.

Sorry DC but Whites are not the majority in PR.

ManifestTruth
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by ManifestTruth » March 16th, 2006, 7:46 pm

"Sorry DC but Whites are not the majority in PR."

Yup, DC must have PR confused with Argentina or something.

DC
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by DC » March 16th, 2006, 7:58 pm

Ok I may be wrong, I was going by the stat that 80% of PRs considered themselves to be white. Yes Argentina is a majority white (European) country, another South American country with a huge white population is Brazil which is 50% white and 50% Mulatto/Black.

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » March 16th, 2006, 8:21 pm

Id smack that nigga Fat Ho in his neck, And bitchslap the rest of the terror squad kidz.

Tyrant
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Tyrant » March 16th, 2006, 8:23 pm

BlaKK wrote:Id smack that nigga Fat Ho in his neck, And bitchslap the rest of the terror squad kidz.
ROFL BlaKK's posts always make me laugh. :lol:

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » March 16th, 2006, 8:31 pm

Slakcs n a Tshirt wrote:
BlaKK wrote:Id smack that nigga Fat Ho in his neck, And bitchslap the rest of the terror squad kidz.
ROFL BlaKK's posts always make me laugh. :lol:
lol

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » March 16th, 2006, 8:34 pm

Tre wrote:I agree with Rollin_inmy_SixFo...

and to DC...

Taino DNA testing in Puerto Rico revealed that 61% of Puerto Ricans possess the exact same DNA as Taino Indians who inhabited Puerto Rico before the arrival of Columbus. In addition, 27% had the DNA of Africans, while those that shared the DNA of white Europeans was only 12%.

Sorry DC but Whites are not the majority in PR.
How do they know what "Taino Indians" original blood and even more impossibly, "exact same DNA"???????

When DNA wasn't even discovered until after the mix-and-match???

And don't say they used the "remaining Taino Tribes" because even a blood test in America showed 90% of "white" Americans had at least 1/16 or more ratio of Indian blood

Their explanation of that.... well... you know where that comes from :lol: :lol:

Tre
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Tre » March 16th, 2006, 9:25 pm

During the 1980s, the Institute of Puerto Rican Culture in San Juan, Puerto Rico, received four skeletal remains from a small burial ground that was accidentally discovered during the construction of a boardwalk in Arecibo, Puerto Rico. Carbon testing revealed they dated from A.D. 645, making them ancestors of the Tainos.
The study conducted by the National Science Foundation compared the DNA of the unearthed skeletons to modern day Puerto Ricans. Samples from a scientific cross-section of 800 people throughout the island was taken.
The results of the analysis of approximately 300 of these samples identify 62% as Amerindian (native Indian), 30% as African blacks and 8% Caucasian.

http://www.hartford-hwp.com/archives/41/308.html[/url][/list]

Old Shatterhand
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Old Shatterhand » March 16th, 2006, 9:52 pm

Very interesting article and he made his point. Looks like that was posted from someone at St Johns University originally. Juan Carlos Martínez Cruzado (Professor of Genetics at the University of Puerto Rico) explained the study well; however, he could have discussed how mitochondrial DNA molecular clocks work more thoroughly.

DC
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by DC » March 16th, 2006, 9:54 pm

While were on the topic of fat joe, check out his tattoo at

http://www.mistercartoon.com/home.html

Click, Gallery then Tattoos then Stars. Its picture number 16.

IMO, he looks like a European from the Mediterean.

DC

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » March 16th, 2006, 10:36 pm

Tre wrote:During the 1980s, the Institute of Puerto Rican Culture in San Juan, Puerto Rico, received four skeletal remains from a small burial ground that was accidentally discovered during the construction of a boardwalk in Arecibo, Puerto Rico. Carbon testing revealed they dated from A.D. 645, making them ancestors of the Tainos.
The study conducted by the National Science Foundation compared the DNA of the unearthed skeletons to modern day Puerto Ricans. Samples from a scientific cross-section of 800 people throughout the island was taken.
The results of the analysis of approximately 300 of these samples identify 62% as Amerindian (native Indian), 30% as African blacks and 8% Caucasian.

http://www.hartford-hwp.com/archives/41/308.html[/url][/list]
Interesting.....

are those percentages within each average person (as in percentage of blood) or are they each individuals, in which case the "dominant" blood is taken to represent the whole?

Y.G.
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Y.G. » March 17th, 2006, 5:30 am

DC wrote:Ok I may be wrong, I was going by the stat that 80% of PRs considered themselves to be white. Yes Argentina is a majority white (European) country, another South American country with a huge white population is Brazil which is 50% white and 50% Mulatto/Black.

BRAZIL HAS THE BIGGEST POPULATION OUTSIDE OF AFRICAN WITH ALMOST 95 MILLION BLACKS SO IT AIN'T HALF AND HALF NOT EVEN CLOSE. I ACTUALLY SEEN A DOCUMENTARY RECENTLY ON SLAVES IN BRAZIL.

Y.G.
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Y.G. » March 17th, 2006, 5:32 am

Rollin_inmy_SixFo wrote:
DC wrote:Sorry but whites are majority in PR.

From Wikipedia..

In the 2000 U.S. Census Puerto Ricans were asked to identify which racial category with which they personally identify. 95.8% answered with only one choice. The breakdown is as follows: 80.5% described themselves as "white"; 8% described themselves as "Black"; and only 0.4% described themselves as "Native American
I think they identify as white because in many Latin American countries, for whatever reasons, that brings "higher" status. Come on now, any person of color would know how that goes down. Or maybe some just don't know that they are mixed?

I AGREE BECAUSE I HAVE SEEN DARK SKIN MEXICANS GET DISSED AND CALLED "WETBACK" OR "PAISA" BY LIGHT SKINNED MEXICANS HERE IN AMERICA AND IN T.J.