The Bible's view on ethnicity

The topics of Race & Religion are discussed in this section.
kwalei
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

The Bible's view on ethnicity

Unread post by kwalei » August 24th, 2005, 10:01 am

:o
These are sons of Noah. This info is from the Book of Jasher. Look for it on Yahoo!
Japheth
Gomer-Celts, Bartonim, Armenian and Caucasian peoples
Magog-Scythians
Madai-Medes
Javan-Macedonians, Italians, Germanic peoples
Tubal-Etruscans(Italians)
Meshech-?
Tiras-?
Shem
Elam-Elamites
Asshur-Assyrians, people of Bela
Arphashad-Hebrews(Jews, Arabs, Arameans, Edomites, Moabites, Ammonites, Chaldeans(they are a branch of Arameans),Hyskos, Joktanites)
Lud-Hattians(Pre-Hittite people in Turkey)
Aram-Uzites(in Syria)
Ham
Cush-Kushites, Sumerians, Adites, Subsaharan Africans
Mizraim- North Africans
Phut-Puntites(Punt is a mysterious land identifyed by Egyptians to be in Somalia)
Caanan- Canaanites, Phoenicans(they are Canaanites)

If you have any questions and or any thoughts please reply. I will be able to answer these questions and sddress replys.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » August 24th, 2005, 12:27 pm

WTF is the "Book of Jasher", that is NOWHERE in the Bible

I heard about this before there are fraudulant and/or unreliable manuscripts claiming to be part of the "original" Bibles.

Some get REALLY racial and claim the descedants of one of the sons of Noah was cursed to serve the white man and sent to Africa.

BUT I'm not saying YOU are doing this, I'm just saying be careful what you look at because you might end up reading stuff like that.

Anyways, This is NOWHERE in the Bible

kwalei
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by kwalei » August 24th, 2005, 5:28 pm

End Violence NOW wrote:WTF is the "Book of Jasher", that is NOWHERE in the Bible

I heard about this before there are fraudulant and/or unreliable manuscripts claiming to be part of the "original" Bibles.

Some get REALLY racial and claim the descedants of one of the sons of Noah was cursed to serve the white man and sent to Africa.

BUT I'm not saying YOU are doing this, I'm just saying be careful what you look at because you might end up reading stuff like that.

Hold on, the Book of Jasher is a lost book of the Bible you can find it on the net easy. Check chapter 10 of the book. Read other parts of it as well its very interesting. Canaan who the grandson of Noah was cursed for his father, Ham act on Noah. Ham made fun of his father's nakedness and his son Canaan was cursed. The cursed cause Canaan to loose his land to the Jews. This is truth.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by alexalonso » September 20th, 2007, 12:26 pm

Japhet, Ham, and Shem are the three sons of Noah, and yes, all ethnicities branch off from those three guys. I never read that book Jasher, but there is some truth to the ethnic lines we have today, but no one was cursed, thats for sure.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » September 22nd, 2007, 1:25 pm

kwalei wrote:
End Violence NOW wrote:WTF is the "Book of Jasher", that is NOWHERE in the Bible

Hold on, the Book of Jasher is a lost book of the Bible you can find it on the net easy. Check chapter 10 of the book. Read other parts of it as well its very interesting. Canaan who the grandson of Noah was cursed for his father, Ham act on Noah. Ham made fun of his father's nakedness and his son Canaan was cursed. The cursed cause Canaan to loose his land to the Jews. This is truth.
No, it was a pseudepigrapha. It was an attempted fake in 1625, claiming to be a translation of a 15th century copy which again had root no farther back than the 13th Century.

There was an original lost "Sefer haYashar" dating to ancient times and referenced in the Bible but all we have now are fakes.