Raskal commits suicide

This section will discuss the West, defined by the following states; Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington and Wyoming.
Forum rules
Excluding Los Angeles, discuss all other California cities and counties.
YearZero
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Raskal commits suicide

Unread post by YearZero » February 17th, 2006, 1:13 pm

http://www.fresnobee.com/local/story/11 ... 3395c.html

After loss of wife, baby, man kills self
Husband whose pregnant wife was shot, killed is found dead.
By Tim Eberly and Louis Galvan / The Fresno Bee

(Updated Friday, February 17, 2006, 10:48 AM)

The husband of a 20-year-old pregnant woman slain earlier this month died from an apparent suicide Thursday, the day after police announced four arrests in his wife's killing.

Chanbory Nop, 24, died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound in his bedroom at his southeast Fresno apartment in the 800 block of South Adler Avenue, according to Fresno police. He was found shortly before 3 p.m., but police say he may have killed himself two hours earlier, when an apartment complex resident heard a single gunshot.

Nop's wife, Nath Ouch, was fatally shot in the chest Feb. 1 as she and a handful of other relatives were getting into a car in the parking lot of an apartment complex at Tulare and Peach avenues, where her family lives. Her unborn daughter also died.

Nop's death came the day after police announced the arrests of Boualy Mangsanghanh, 19; Sokmorn Chea, 25; Victor Alvarez, 22; and Laja Ouphthame, 22. A fifth suspect, 26-year-old Keo Som, is still at large.

Nop was distraught after his wife's death, but police said they did not believe he was suicidal.

"It's surprising," police Lt. Randy Dobbins said. "But I guess with the totality of the circumstances, it's not shocking. He was visibly upset. This guy has lost his family. Those that are left behind are the ones who have to bear the brunt of the pain by the suicide."

After Ouch's death, Nop told The Bee his wife's family blamed his gang ties for her death. Her family said that wasn't true.

Nop is a validated Tiny Rascal Gang member, but he said he had left the gang life behind in July 2003, when he married Ouch. In October 2004, Nop was arrested on a murder charge in connection with the January 2003 death of a 14-year-old boy, Alina Moung. Nop said he was convicted of being an accessory in that case and served six months in Fresno County Jail.

Police doubted Nop was no longer active in his gang and speculated that the bullet that struck Ouch could have been meant for him.

The gang battle between the Tiny Rascal Gang and Asian Boyz stemmed from a brawl at a local nightclub. Nop said some members of the Tiny Rascal Gang, also known as TRG, beat up an Asian Boyz member.

A string of five drive-by shootings followed that incident, capped by Ouch's homicide.

Dobbins said the Police Department offered to move Nop to another area to ensure his safety. Nop did not take police up on the offer.

"His response was, 'Why would I leave now? I've already lost my wife and my baby,'" Dobbins said.

Nop's mother, Deang Tith, discovered her son's body when she went to ask whether he wanted something to eat, police said. She and a friend of her husband arrived at the apartment around the same time, according to police and neighbors.

After the friend called 911, neighbors helped Tith to another apartment while officers combed the apartment for evidence. Police would not say whether Nop left a suicide note.

The mother, sitting on a chair on an upstairs balcony, cried inconsolably as a group of young women gathered around her.

Police said a neighbor heard a gunshot about 1 p.m. and thought the shot came from outside. The resident reportedly went outside to look but did not see anything.

News of Nop's death spread quickly among his friends, about two dozen of whom filled the complex within a half hour. They gathered in the parking lot in front of Nop's upstairs apartment and huddled.

One of them, 26-year-old Thy Kong, said he arrived to visit Nop just after he had been found dead. Kong said he spent some time with Nop during the funeral services for his wife and child, but he didn't notice anything to indicate Nop was contemplating suicide.

"I thought he would be stronger than that," Kong said.

Police, meanwhile, said they hope Nop's death does not spark more violence.

"The tragedy continues," Dobbins said. "I don't know that it helps anything. It just causes additional pain for the folks involved."

Trey
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Trey » February 17th, 2006, 9:41 pm

damn sad story...

R.A.I.D.E.R.S.

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » February 17th, 2006, 11:11 pm

yea sad story.... the gangs in fresno aint no joke

dopekid127
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by dopekid127 » February 18th, 2006, 8:57 am

damn..RIP to them..sad story

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » February 18th, 2006, 3:13 pm

R.I.P.

man.... stories like this make me sad, and caught in the crossfire......

Tyrant
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Tyrant » February 18th, 2006, 5:44 pm

Trey wrote:damn sad story...

R.A.I.D.E.R.S.
Remember As I Die Every Raskal Survives?

hitonme
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by hitonme » February 24th, 2006, 2:41 pm

Ouch's slaying has 7 in custody
Eighth suspect is wanted in death of pregnant Fresnan.
By Tim Eberly / The Fresno Bee

(Updated Thursday, February 23, 2006, 5:12 AM)

Fresno police made two more arrests Wednesday in connection with the homicide of a 20-year-old pregnant woman, bringing the number of suspects in custody to seven.

Police also identified an eighth suspect in the Feb. 1 shooting death of Nath Ouch and her unborn child.

"It seems like every time we turn over a rock, we find another bad guy," said Fresno police Lt. Randy Dobbins, adding that more arrests are likely.

Peter Khounvixay, 21, of Fresno, was arrested on suspicion of two counts of conspiracy to commit murder with gang enhancements. Sopheak Chhang, 19, also of Fresno, faces two counts of conspiracy to commit murder and two counts of first-degree murder with gang enhancements.

The men were arrested at different homes around 12:30 p.m., as police officers executed search warrants at nine locations at the same time.

Khounvixay was arrested in the 600 block of North Bond Street; Chhang was taken into custody at his home in the 5200 block of East Hedges Avenue.

The eighth suspect, 21-year-old Jose Perez Jr., is still at large. Fresno police searched for him Wednesday afternoon without success, but believe Perez is still in Fresno, Dobbins said.

Wednesday night, police also were expecting one of the previously arrested suspects, 25-year-old Sokmorn Chea, to arrive in Fresno after being brought back from Minnesota, where he fled after the shooting, Dobbins said.

The other suspects in custody are: Boualy Mangsanghanh, 19; Victor Alvarez, 22; Laja Ouphthame, 22; and Keo Som, 26.

All eight suspects are members of the Asian Boyz gang, Dobbins said. If the suspects are convicted of the crimes, it will likely lead to a "significant dismantling" of the gang.

Ouch's homicide stemmed from a gang war between the Asian Boyz and the Tiny Rascal Gang, both of which are predominantly Asian gangs.

Som, one of the Asian Boyz, was beaten at a local nightclub, Blue River, an incident that triggered five shootings.

Anyone with information about Perez's whereabouts is asked to call homicide detective Brad Alcorn at (559) 621-2442, or Crime Stoppers at (559) 498-STOP.

http://www.fresnobee.com/local/story/11 ... 3228c.html

Tyrant
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Tyrant » February 24th, 2006, 10:13 pm

damn those ABZ in Fresno don't play

hitonme
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by hitonme » February 27th, 2006, 12:30 am

WoW... :shock: This one shooting could bring down the "A" in Fresno. These niggaz need to stay on the low low big time now that this crap happened. Out of all of those 8 suspects in custody, there has to be a snitch among one of em. And u know what happens to snitches from the A gang who snitch right? They get killed by ABz assassins.

YearZero
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by YearZero » February 27th, 2006, 1:26 am

Yeop...You're correct...there is a snitch...he turned himself in cuz he said he was getting haunted by the victim.

Uzi is one of the very few O.Gs from the A in Fresno.

ntenseLIFEstyle
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by ntenseLIFEstyle » February 27th, 2006, 12:02 pm

my respect to the No-town raskal. Forsure their is a snitch. To many getting caught up.

thonkoboy2000
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Harbor Area

Unread post by thonkoboy2000 » February 7th, 2008, 8:49 pm

RIP

OneBloodMafia

Unread post by OneBloodMafia » February 18th, 2008, 12:52 pm

Thats the flip side to gangbangin some people dont even consider until it's too late.

RIP

JustJulia

Re: Raskal commits suicide

Unread post by JustJulia » August 29th, 2008, 5:00 pm

I heard last week that Uzi killed himself - wasn't gonna do double life + 30something years and Nath Ouch wasn't ABZ's target, ABZ was aiming for Nop, a TRG, who only did 6 months for his part in killing Alina then threw his pregnant girl in the line of fire to dodge his own bullet. There's absolutely no sense in any of these killings . . . and some of us try every day to reach these kids and teach them a better way . . . while Fresno PD and FSO just turn their back on them, judge them and never even think about helping them. None of them are bad kids . . . they just don't have the American-Foot-in-Ass like they need . . . so that's what I give em . . . cuz I love em all . . . I don't care what set they come from.