California might honor gays in textbooks

This section will discuss the West, defined by the following states; Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington and Wyoming.
Forum rules
Excluding Los Angeles, discuss all other California cities and counties.
Christina Marie
If in the United States: Pennsylvania
What city do you live in now?: From LB to PA

Unread post by Christina Marie » October 20th, 2006, 12:12 am

This is from May of this year....

State Senate passes bill that would also bar negative portrayals

SACRAMENTO - California children would read about homosexuals' contributions to history under a bill approved by state senators who often drew on their own childhood experiences in supporting the measure.

The bill would require California's social science textbooks to include the contributions of gays, lesbians, bisexuals and transgender people to the state and nation's history. California is the United States' largest buyer of textbooks, with annual spending topping $400 million.

The measure passed Thursday 22-15, with no Republican votes. It heads to the Assembly, where opponents vowed another fight.

The bill — introduced by Democratic Sen. Sheila Kuehl, the state's first openly gay legislator — also would bar textbooks and other instructional material that portrayed gays in a negative light.

Two of three gay students are verbally harassed and one of six is physically harassed, said Geoff Kors, executive director of Equality California, which sponsored the legislation. "The invisibility that currently exists (in textbooks) contributes to that," he added.

Other women senators drew parallels to the lack of female or minority role models they saw in history books as children.

Sen. Bill Morrow disputed the comparison. "If you are a black American, you can't help it, you were born that way," he said. "There is not one scintilla of credible scientific evidence that suggests that homosexuality is biological in origin..... It is behavioral; it is not racial."

Sen. Richard Alarcon disagreed. "This is the way ... God made people," said Alarcon. "Let's stop trying to hide this reality."

Republican Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger has not taken a position on the bill.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12754481/from/RSS/

looneytunes1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by looneytunes1 » October 20th, 2006, 9:52 am

Christina Marie wrote:California might honor gays in textbooks
Imagine that...lol

Cinfull_Latina
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Cinfull_Latina » October 20th, 2006, 9:24 pm

Its official...We are in the final days

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » October 20th, 2006, 9:30 pm

Cinful that is what people have been saying 2000 years ago... It is no surprise, with people like Barbra Boxer representing California, what did you expect?

shaun_zach
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by shaun_zach » October 31st, 2006, 11:06 am

Is there a problem with people that live alternative lifestyles that have made positive contributions to society. I hope some of you are not homophobic. We have been livin the last days for a minute, and it has nothin to do with homosexuals. Being black in America is hard but being black and gay is worse, because you are now dealing with a variety of prejudices and prejudgmental people.

SAINTJAYMES
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by SAINTJAYMES » December 28th, 2006, 2:46 pm

^^^^^^^^^^^ you sound gay as hell dude

Christina Marie

Unread post by Christina Marie » December 28th, 2006, 8:21 pm

SAINTJAYMES wrote:^^^^^^^^^^^ you sound gay as hell dude
She is a woman

SAINTJAYMES
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by SAINTJAYMES » December 28th, 2006, 9:16 pm

Christina Marie wrote:
She is a woman
and your point is what ??? ladies cant be gay

Christina Marie

Unread post by Christina Marie » December 28th, 2006, 9:47 pm

SAINTJAYMES wrote:
Christina Marie wrote:
She is a woman
and your point is what ??? ladies cant be gay
No...they are called lesbians...lol

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » December 30th, 2006, 8:04 pm

they should honor midgets, and fat people, and people with allopecia, and so on. If you wanna lick another girls shit or a dude wanna stick his shit in another dude why I gotta know about it? And you can hide homosexuality but you can't cloak your skin color (race) -most of the times at least.

SAINTJAYMES
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by SAINTJAYMES » December 30th, 2006, 8:35 pm

well put perongregory

Bushido.Style

Unread post by Bushido.Style » April 25th, 2007, 12:39 pm

damn i hate that gay spinnaderer

SEKRET
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SEKRET » April 30th, 2007, 2:17 pm

GROW UP

SAINTJAYMES
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by SAINTJAYMES » April 30th, 2007, 4:34 pm

SEKRET wrote:
GROW UP
oh in case you missed it I'm a grown ass man

Y.G.
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Y.G. » April 30th, 2007, 11:58 pm

I DON'T THINK STUFF LIKE THIS SHOULD BE IN TEXTBOOKS AND I FEEL LIKE GAYS ARE TRYING TO SHOVE THERE LIFESTYLE DOWN OUR THROATS LIKE HAVE TO EXCEPT AND WE DON'T.

SAINTJAYMES
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by SAINTJAYMES » May 1st, 2007, 8:19 am

Y.G. wrote:I DON'T THINK STUFF LIKE THIS SHOULD BE IN TEXTBOOKS AND I FEEL LIKE GAYS ARE TRYING TO SHOVE THERE LIFESTYLE DOWN OUR THROATS LIKE HAVE TO EXCEPT AND WE DON'T.
well said Y.G....... but what makes me sick is how gays try to compare there plight to that of blacks. When you chose to be gay thats a lifestyle choice you make. My being black i had no choice. You can't compare the two.

Y.G.
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Y.G. » May 2nd, 2007, 12:08 am

SAINTJAYMES wrote:
Y.G. wrote:I DON'T THINK STUFF LIKE THIS SHOULD BE IN TEXTBOOKS AND I FEEL LIKE GAYS ARE TRYING TO SHOVE THERE LIFESTYLE DOWN OUR THROATS LIKE HAVE TO EXCEPT AND WE DON'T.
well said Y.G....... but what makes me sick is how gays try to compare there plight to that of blacks. When you chose to be gay thats a lifestyle choice you make. My being black i had no choice. You can't compare the two.

YEAH THATS TRUE I DON'T LIKE THAT AT ALL. THEY CAN BE GAY AND DO THERE THING BUT THEY SHOULD TRY TO MAKE FEEL LIKE WE HAVE TO EXCEPT IF WE DON'T WANT TO.

mission
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by mission » May 4th, 2007, 9:44 am

It won't be long before your azz will be put in jail for just SAYING you don't agree with gay shyt(You better WATCH those hate crime laws). Some places in Europe already do this. You can TRUST it's coming HERE.

NikexCortez

Unread post by NikexCortez » May 4th, 2007, 10:42 am

Weren't some ancient civilizations destroyed because they practiced homosexuality? Like the Romans?? Sup with a history lesson? If it's true, we are going to see history repeat itself...

Y.G.
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Y.G. » May 5th, 2007, 11:32 am

NikexCortez wrote:Weren't some ancient civilizations destroyed because they practiced homosexuality? Like the Romans?? Sup with a history lesson? If it's true, we are going to see history repeat itself...

THATS SOME REAL SHIT RIGHT THERE!

chupon106
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Texas
What city do you live in now?: Mission TX

Unread post by chupon106 » May 18th, 2007, 8:41 pm

i think this is dumb. if a gay person did something good, go ahead n put them in there history books but you dont gotta say there sexual orientation much less devote a whole section to them. they should just be treated the same

DU_ROC

Unread post by DU_ROC » November 29th, 2007, 5:35 pm

As a proud homosexual I would welcome such inclusion. Gays should also be included in criminological discussion, specifically on gangbanging (no pun intended). My gang the Du Roc Crips have always been on my side, and as such I have never been "in the closet." They always had my back. When I was beat-in, they gave me the option of beating them off instead of me being physically beaten so of course I jumped on that opportunity!

pistolslanga
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by pistolslanga » November 29th, 2007, 6:10 pm

DU_ROC wrote:As a proud homosexual I would welcome such inclusion. Gays should also be included in criminological discussion, specifically on gangbanging (no pun intended). My gang the Du Roc Crips have always been on my side, and as such I have never been "in the closet." They always had my back. When I was beat-in, they gave me the option of beating them off instead of me being physically beaten so of course I jumped on that opportunity!
lol

shutup f4gboy

:lol:

pistolslanga
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by pistolslanga » November 29th, 2007, 6:11 pm

lol at duroc, your a funny alias :lol:

Christina Marie

Unread post by Christina Marie » November 29th, 2007, 7:19 pm

DU_ROC wrote:As a proud homosexual I would welcome such inclusion. Gays should also be included in criminological discussion, specifically on gangbanging (no pun intended). My gang the Du Roc Crips have always been on my side, and as such I have never been "in the closet." They always had my back. When I was beat-in, they gave me the option of beating them off instead of me being physically beaten so of course I jumped on that opportunity!

I have no problem with someone being gay. But dude, keep the details to yourself please.

atm//TONE
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Orange COUNTY

Unread post by atm//TONE » May 8th, 2008, 8:48 pm

SAINTJAYMES wrote:
shim sham shamamalayah i agreee completely i dont know exactly how big of or how many contributions have made but that sounds expensive like sum taxpayer type shit