Man grabbed and shot point blank in Richmond CA (brutal)

This section will discuss the West, defined by the following states; Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington and Wyoming.
Forum rules
Excluding Los Angeles, discuss all other California cities and counties.
curiousdude06
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Man grabbed and shot point blank in Richmond CA (brutal)

Unread post by curiousdude06 » January 7th, 2007, 11:04 am

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f ... NDREB1.DTL

A recent immigrant from El Salvador was on life support Friday, a day after he was grabbed from behind on a Richmond sidewalk, put in a headlock and shot point-blank in the head in an unprovoked attack, authorities said.

Victor M. Ramirez, 25, was in critical condition at John Muir Medical Center in Walnut Creek with a brain injury that doctors have described as "non-survivable," said Richmond police Lt. Mark Gagan.

Police have released a sketch of the assailant -- believed to be about 15 years old -- who attacked Ramirez as he was walking by himself at about 10:30 a.m. Thursday on the 2100 block of Roosevelt Avenue, outside the New Gethsemane Church of God in Christ.

"It's pretty disturbing," Gagan said. "Our victim was just walking when two guys passed him. A witness says that without saying anything, or any exchange or any attempted robbery or anything, one of the suspects grabbed the victim in a headlock and shot him point-blank through the head, mortally wounding him."

Ramirez was airlifted to the hospital, where a nursing supervisor could not confirm his condition Friday evening.

Ramirez moved to Richmond about eight months ago from El Salvador and lived several blocks away from where he was shot, police said.

Investigators have not established a motive in the case. "We still don't have a reason behind the shooting," said Richmond police Lt. Enos Johnson.

The gunman is described as black, about 5 feet 8 inches tall and weighing 170 pounds. He had a short Afro-type hairstyle, was clean-shaven and was last seen wearing a black ball cap, a black jacket with a brown pattern on the front and blue jeans. He was armed with a black revolver with brown wooden grips.

The gunman's accomplice is described as black, about 18 years old, between 6 feet and 6 feet 3 inches tall. He was last seen wearing a white ball cap, a dark-colored jacket and blue jeans.

Both assailants fled on foot after the shooting.

Anyone with information is asked to call Richmond police Detective Mike Rood at (510) 620-6625.

casalem
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by casalem » January 7th, 2007, 11:42 am

INTERESSA!

BabyHorus
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by BabyHorus » January 7th, 2007, 11:25 pm

Niggas is assholes now a days.

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » January 8th, 2007, 12:51 am

thats f#cked up :evil:

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » January 8th, 2007, 6:14 pm

u neva kno it mite have been retaliation

LEATHAFACE
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by LEATHAFACE » January 8th, 2007, 9:36 pm

COLD SHIT

Jupebox
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: San Jo

Unread post by Jupebox » January 12th, 2007, 5:40 pm

ah the city of ''Richtown'' where niggas are trigga happy and living nappy!!!!

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » January 12th, 2007, 7:15 pm

thats dirty. nigga thats cold.

creativemind
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by creativemind » January 19th, 2007, 1:12 pm

Jupebox wrote:ah the city of ''Richtown'' where niggas are trigga happy and living nappy!!!!

You sound like you proud of that shit. Hopefully you or your's ain't never on the wrong end of no nonsense like that.

Jupebox
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Jupebox » January 20th, 2007, 11:20 am

creativemind wrote:
Jupebox wrote:ah the city of ''Richtown'' where niggas are trigga happy and living nappy!!!!

You sound like you proud of that shit. Hopefully you or your's ain't never on the wrong end of no nonsense like that.
You sound like a female......and HELL na I aint proud of that....

looneytunes1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by looneytunes1 » January 20th, 2007, 11:43 am

Jupebox wrote:You sound like a female......
You sound like a ho...
creativemind wrote:Hopefully you or your's ain't never on the wrong end of no nonsense like that.
^ Man tried being nice to your ignorant ass...and you come back with disrespect. I wish some shit like that would happen to you. ho.

creativemind
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by creativemind » January 20th, 2007, 2:03 pm

Jupebox wrote:
creativemind wrote:

It's always simple niggas like you that react like that, so I ain't surprised. If you know anything about the climate these days, you'd know that shit has a way of coming back around. And I won't wish nothing bad on you or your family, but I won't be shocked if it does.

Ignorant people are amused by random violence. That shit comes from watching too many movies and videos. But trust me, living foul catches up with you. Anyone of the brothers on here that's been around a while will tell you stories about dudes they knew who was wild, and how that shit came back to 'em. You'll see that shit sooner or later too.

creativemind
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by creativemind » January 20th, 2007, 3:33 pm

looneytunes1 wrote:
You sound like a ho...
creativemind wrote:Hopefully you or your's ain't never on the wrong end of no nonsense like that.
^ Man tried being nice to your ignorant ass...and you come back with disrespect. I wish some shit like that would happen to you. ho.
Looney, the dude probably about 17 years old or something, and think dumb shit is cute. Its punks like this that you see on the news lookin' all shook when the violence hits too close to home.

Jupebox
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Jupebox » January 21st, 2007, 10:55 am

looneytunes1 wrote:
You sound like a ho...
Your Mamma a ho trick!Go watch a J-LO flick....aint no one even speaking to your Cheerleading Azz!

Jupebox
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Jupebox » January 21st, 2007, 10:58 am

creativemind wrote:
Jupebox wrote:
creativemind wrote:

It's always simple niggas like you that react like that, so I ain't surprised. If you know anything about the climate these days, you'd know that shit has a way of coming back around. And I won't wish nothing bad on you or your family, but I won't be shocked if it does.

Ignorant people are amused by random violence. That shit comes from watching too many movies and videos. But trust me, living foul catches up with you. Anyone of the brothers on here that's been around a while will tell you stories about dudes they knew who was wild, and how that shit came back to 'em. You'll see that shit sooner or later too.
Fool fuck your family punk and everything you love!Keep my love one's ouy your mouth buster!!!!!!!

creativemind
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by creativemind » January 21st, 2007, 2:27 pm

Jupebox wrote:
creativemind wrote:
Jupebox wrote:
creativemind wrote:

Fool fu-- your family punk and everything you love!Keep my love one's ouy your mouth buster!!!!!!!

You show you ignorance every time you post. I can see you ain't even on here to learn nothing. Just wanna jump up and act like you hard body when you and I both know you ain't shit. I ain't even mad. But, I'd slap your father for not being around to show you how a man acts.

Jupebox
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Jupebox » January 21st, 2007, 3:20 pm

creativemind wrote:
Jupebox wrote:
creativemind wrote:
Jupebox wrote:
creativemind wrote:

Fool fu-- your family punk and everything you love!Keep my love one's ouy your mouth buster!!!!!!!

You show you ignorance every time you post. I can see you ain't even on here to learn nothing. Just wanna jump up and act like you hard body when you and I both know you ain't shit. I ain't even mad. But, I'd slap your father for not being around to show you how a man acts.
Like I said next time keep my FAMBAM out your mouth Buster....on that note I wash my hands w/ this topic!!!

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

After tragic death, a kindness

Unread post by Mcminister » January 30th, 2007, 9:57 pm

When Carlos Ramirez considers his experiences in America -- including the death of his younger brother Victor after he was shot in the head in a Richmond street robbery -- this country strikes him as a place of great contradictions.

Victor Ramirez, a 27-year-old day laborer who immigrated to California from El Salvador last year, was gunned down as he walked along a street in broad daylight on Jan. 4 -- in front of a church holding a funeral service, police said.

Police described his attackers as two black teenagers who targeted him because he was easy prey -- an unarmed immigrant carrying cash. He died without any money to his name.

But thanks to the kindness and generosity of another immigrant group, a Laotian family center in Oakland, Victor Ramirez will get a viewing and memorial, and then his body will be sent to El Salvador for a funeral next week.

Carlos Ramirez, his relatives and members of East Bay prayer groups who heard about the shooting stood vigil for two weeks as Victor Ramirez lay comatose at John Muir Medical Center in Walnut Creek. On Jan. 19, his family agreed to remove life support.

The older brother is trying to make sense of a senseless situation. Victor Ramirez put up no struggle and didn't deserve to be shot. But Carlos Ramirez, 29, also sees the glow of humanity amid the tragedy of his brother's death.

Shortly after Victor Ramirez fell at the hands of his black assailants, the first person to come to his aid was an African American motorist, who stopped traffic at the intersection of Roosevelt Avenue and 19th Street and jumped out to help the fallen man.

"There are a lot of individuals in the black community, and you can't judge them because of (the actions of) a single person," Carlos Ramirez said Monday through a translator.

Victor Ramirez's killing, Richmond's first homicide of the year, was the first of 42 robberies in the city this month, more than one-third of which have involved a young, black suspect and an immigrant working man.

A little more than a week ago, another worker was confronted at gunpoint in Parchester Village, a low-income housing complex, and robbed of more than $1,000, police said. Richmond detectives say the street robberies are so prevalent that street thugs have begun referring to Latino and Asian laborers as "ATM machines."

The issue was the subject of a seminar in San Jose this month. Participants included investigators from several Bay Area police departments, including Richmond, Berkeley and the Alameda County Sheriff's Office.

Perhaps the bandits viewed Victor Ramirez as another illegal alien waiting to be robbed. In the end it was an immigrant group that helped make sure he receives a memorial service in Oakland this weekend. His body will then be flown back to his family's home in Chalchuapa, a town of about 5,000 residents.

Carlos Ramirez, also a laborer, said he was happy to be fulfilling his duty to his parents by returning Victor to them -- "even if he is dead."

After the shooting, word got around among Christian prayer groups in the East Bay, including a gathering at the hospital where Victor Ramirez lay in intensive care and a group that included the wife of his employer.

Another person who heard the horrible news was an El Sobrante woman who had hired the Ramirezes to work at her home. She, too, had immigrated from El Salvador -- more than 40 years ago. Through her prayer group, she met Carlos Ramirez and offered to help him.

The woman -- who asked that she be identified only as Jacqueline because she fears she could be targeted by Victor Ramirez's at-large attackers -- shepherded Carlos Ramirez throughout the ordeal, helping him understand the medical steps being taken to save his brother and the kind of life he'd have if he survived his wounds.

On Jan. 19, when told his brother would not live without life-support tubes, Carlos made a decision to "leave it to God," she said.

Until then, there had been hope.

"The doctors told us (Victor Ramirez) had a chance to live," she said, "and I don't know anything about neurology, but when I put my hand on his head, there was a tear on his cheek."

After Victor Ramirez died, Jacqueline put Carlos Ramirez in touch with members of a prayer group, including a Laotian woman who introduced him to Lao Family Community Development Inc., a nonprofit organization in Oakland that administers a state-funded assistance program for victims of violence.

Without English skills, financial resources or contacts, Carlos Ramirez was desperate to claim his brother's body from the Contra Costa County coroner's office, where it had lain for four days after his death. For himself and for his relatives in El Salvador, who are devout Roman Catholics, a proper burial was required.

The Ramirez family refused an offer to have the body cremated and the remains kept in an urn in the East Bay.

The Laotian center helped Carlos Ramirez fill out an application to the state victims' fund and walked him through the process he needed to claim his brother's body. Members then helped him set up a memorial service at Colonial Chapel in Oakland.

Victor Ramirez's body will be sent to El Salvador on Monday. A fund at Mechanics Bank at Hilltop Mall in Richmond has been established in the family's name to help defray burial costs not covered by the nearly $7,000 provided by the state violence fund.

The Ramirez brothers, and tens of thousands like them who came to America seeking steady work, higher wages and a better life, found a place that offered them some of the good, some of the bad and, in extreme cases like this one, some of the ugliest aspects of our great land.

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » January 30th, 2007, 9:59 pm

sad ass story...he woulda lived if he stayed on life support but they left it in gods hands
R.I.P

man i dono how can u lose a brutha to somethin senseless like that and keep ur head up

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » January 30th, 2007, 10:19 pm

Mcminister wrote:sad ass story...he woulda lived if he stayed on life support but they left it in gods hands
R.I.P

man i dono how can u lose a brutha to somethin senseless like that and keep ur head up
Damn, rest in peace. They need to do something about this country. Fixin this country woul stop a lot of the corrupt shit in foreign countries, and get the people here right where they don't feel so nihlistic, amoral and fucked up that they can just go and blow someones head off for his hard earned money. Shit is sick. Only a sick place could create these sick ass people. RIP to dude.

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » January 30th, 2007, 10:37 pm

shit happens everyday nigga... One nigga dies in the US 500 Die in Sudan. Aint get no news coverage.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » January 31st, 2007, 3:03 pm

BlaKK wrote:shit happens everyday nigga... One nigga dies in the US 500 Die in Sudan. Aint get no news coverage.
true, true. Something like 450 Iraquis died like yesterday. Shit is rediculous in this world.

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » January 31st, 2007, 8:58 pm

but its more understandable coz thats a war torn country its war full out...people take guns and go shoot the enemie everyday waking up thats their life till bush gets poped

but in america dats not wats happenin its a shame that ain no civil war or nothin out here but yet everyday more than 40 people are murdered

BabyHorus
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by BabyHorus » February 6th, 2007, 7:27 pm

Mcminister wrote:but its more understandable coz thats a war torn country its war full out...people take guns and go shoot the enemie everyday waking up thats their life till bush gets poped
That ain't understandable bruh, what's going in Sudan and Dafur is genocide.

themanfromtheyay
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by themanfromtheyay » February 7th, 2007, 5:05 pm

Some mother fuckers are out of hand. I aint an angel. I use to get my bread as a poor youngster on the street. But I never killed anyone for the fuck of it.

This shows the media double standards. Blacks rob and kill innocent immigrants, and its just a robbery. But Mexicans kill innocent blacks, and its a hate crime. They try to make it sound as if all Mexicans are racist against blacks. Especially the independant black media. They say we are raised racist. Always trying to play the race card. They should report it how it is. The Mexican Mafia put the hit out on the blacks. Its a gang thing period. Its a LA problem. Not a black-mexican/chicano problem. I grew up in Oakland where the NS ran things. And Mexican gangs co-existed with the black turfs. Very few crimes crossed racial lines. You find Mexicans in black turf gangs, and blacks in the barrio gangs. But whenever things like this happen. When these punks prey on immigrants who cant defend themselves. It never gets reported. But when the next innocent black person gets killed by some punk ass little fucker in L.A. We aint ever going to hear the end of it. And we're going to hear how Mexicans are violent, and racist. But shit like this robbery/murder will forever go unnoticed. Fuck double standards.

Sorry guys. I just read an article on how "Mexicans in general are intolreant of blacks." Had to vent.

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » February 7th, 2007, 5:09 pm

yea its true wachu sayin ....coz alot of niggaz talk about "lets go rob some mexicans ,lets go rob some asians n shit"...but if it was some one to say lets go rob some niggaz it wud be hectic

themanfromtheyay
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by themanfromtheyay » February 7th, 2007, 5:29 pm

It would be all over the newspapers. "Race war" and shit like that. Just like it is in the L.A papers. I live in Arizona now. And I read shit about that all the time out here. Its fucked up because everyone is preying on all these immigranst. Even Chicanos. Which is even more fucked up because they're fucking up their own people. Which on second thought isnt news at all. The point of gangs is to kill and keep your own people down. So none of us can come up. Motherfuckers need to quit that banging shit so it aint easy for the white people to point the finger and say "those are the animals that cause the crime."

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » February 7th, 2007, 9:38 pm

themanfromtheyay wrote:Motherfuckers need to quit that banging shit so it aint easy for the white people to point the finger and say "those are the animals that cause the crime."
Quote of the year

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
If in the United States: Oregon
What city do you live in now?: over there

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » February 7th, 2007, 9:43 pm

A Ghost wrote:
themanfromtheyay wrote:Motherfuckers need to quit that banging shit so it aint easy for the white people to point the finger and say "those are the animals that cause the crime."
Quote of the year
Co-sign

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » February 7th, 2007, 10:43 pm

But gang bangin is a direct result of a government that is inapt and ineffective. When government does not provide etiquette and equal opportunity for jobs, like Huey P once said, another nigga gonna do crime.

themanfromtheyay
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by themanfromtheyay » February 8th, 2007, 1:36 pm

BlaKK wrote:But gang bangin is a direct result of a government that is inapt and ineffective. When government does not provide etiquette and equal opportunity for jobs, like Huey P once said, another nigga gonna do crime.
I use to beleive alot of that shit. But I'll tell you what. Ever since I quit all the BS, and stopped blaming people for my situation. Things started going good for me. Its not right that poor people have to work twice as hard to get to the same place as a rich person. But thats life, and life isnt fair. Theres thousands of people that started with nothing, and got somewhere because they worked their asses off. If more people wouldnt take the easy way out our races would be better off. If more minorities said "Fuck it things are going bad, but what I'm doing now is not helping the situation at all. Maybe I'll work my ass off in school. Maybe I'll go to a trade school so I can make a decent living." We would come up. Because we'd get our money, and then our kids would have better lives than what we started off with. Things go in cycles its up to every individual to break that cycle. And it would be even greater if we started a whole new cycle. Look at the Chinese. They were persecuted for years. Treated like shit. Just like us. But they worked hard. Bought little family businesses, went to school. And look at them now. They're practicly up on the status level with the whites. Shit can change. But it aint going to change for us. No one is going to give us shit. WE gotta change shit.

themanfromtheyay
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by themanfromtheyay » February 8th, 2007, 1:36 pm

BlaKK wrote:But gang bangin is a direct result of a government that is inapt and ineffective. When government does not provide etiquette and equal opportunity for jobs, like Huey P once said, another nigga gonna do crime.
I use to beleive alot of that shit. But I'll tell you what. Ever since I quit all the BS, and stopped blaming people for my situation. Things started going good for me. Its not right that poor people have to work twice as hard to get to the same place as a rich person. But thats life, and life isnt fair. Theres thousands of people that started with nothing, and got somewhere because they worked their asses off. If more people wouldnt take the easy way out our races would be better off. If more minorities said "Fuck it things are going bad, but what I'm doing now is not helping the situation at all. Maybe I'll work my ass off in school. Maybe I'll go to a trade school so I can make a decent living." We would come up. Because we'd get our money, and then our kids would have better lives than what we started off with. Things go in cycles its up to every individual to break that cycle. And it would be even greater if we started a whole new cycle. Look at the Chinese. They were persecuted for years. Treated like shit. Just like us. But they worked hard. Bought little family businesses, went to school. And look at them now. They're practicly up on the status level with the whites. Shit can change. But it aint going to change for us. No one is going to give us shit. WE gotta change shit.