Schwarzenegger unveils new state anti-gang plan

This section will discuss the West, defined by the following states; Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington and Wyoming.
Forum rules
Excluding Los Angeles, discuss all other California cities and counties.
Christina Marie
If in the United States: Pennsylvania
What city do you live in now?: From LB to PA

Unread post by Christina Marie » May 25th, 2007, 2:25 pm

BY HARRISON SHEPPARD, Staff Writer
Article Last Updated: 05/25/2007 12:51:49 PM PDT

Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger today proposed a new statewide anti-gang program that involves treating gang members with the same harsh measures used against sex offenders and creating a new statewide anti-gang czar.

The governor's program comes as cities throughout the state have pleaded for state assistance to combat a growing gang scourge.

In Los Angeles, gang-related crimes rose 14 percent last year and Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa has pushed state officials for more assistance.

"A growing number of Californians are living a nightmare trapped inside their homes, afraid to come out unless they absolutely have to," Schwarzenegger said. "That's because in many of our cities, whole neighborhoods are terrorized and intimidated by street gangs."

The governor's plan involves requiring some convicted gang members to wear GPS monitoring bracelets and register with local police after their release.

It also provides 100 California Highway Patrol officers to assist local communities with high gang activity on a rotating basis.

It also allows civil prosecution against gang members that will allow prosecutors to seize their personal assets and provide recovered funds to the community.

More details of the plan are set to be announced at 12:30 p.m. in Oakland.
To see a live webcast of the announcement click here http://www.gov.ca.gov/

http://www.dailynews.com/ci_5987856

pistolslanga
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by pistolslanga » May 25th, 2007, 8:54 pm

yes i talked to my P.O. earlier, he pulled me out of school friday march 25 2007 and since im on house arrest, i wear that tracker, and because of my past record, which is about to be used against me i have to most likely wear a GPS tracker too, even though my conviction was 2 years ago..

fools are being treated like animals nowadays, throw em in a cage, put trackers on them, restrict their "freedom", fukk all that bulllshit man

personally, these fools are just approaching gangs and gangsters from the wrong direction, by angering them more by trying to oppress and suppress them, instead of trying to fix the situation, they are just trying to destroy and make the situation go poof.

gang injunctions, muthafukkas in the cage, fools being tracked, oppression.... you KNOW this shit is about to explode soon with some crazy shit.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by alexalonso » September 7th, 2007, 4:51 pm

I consulted with the Gov's top advisors one month before this plan was unveiled.

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Noog » November 9th, 2007, 9:02 am

And in the consultation, what did you push to communicate Alonso?

RatPack

Re:

Unread post by RatPack » November 20th, 2008, 8:04 pm

pistolslanga wrote:yes i talked to my P.O. earlier, he pulled me out of school friday march 25 2007 and since im on house arrest, i wear that tracker, and because of my past record, which is about to be used against me i have to most likely wear a GPS tracker too, even though my conviction was 2 years ago..

fools are being treated like animals nowadays, throw em in a cage, put trackers on them, restrict their "freedom", #%@& all that bulllshit man

personally, these fools are just approaching gangs and gangsters from the wrong direction, by angering them more by trying to oppress and suppress them, instead of trying to fix the situation, they are just trying to destroy and make the situation go poof.

gang injunctions, muthafukkas in the cage, fools being tracked, oppression.... you KNOW this shit is about to explode soon with some crazy shit.
"instead of trying to fix the situation"
How would you suggest the situation be fixed?