Los Angeles Gangs are a Joke

This section will discuss the West, defined by the following states; Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington and Wyoming.
Forum rules
Excluding Los Angeles, discuss all other California cities and counties.
UrbanStreets
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Los Angeles Gangs are a Joke

Unread post by UrbanStreets » December 10th, 2007, 1:39 pm

As a native of Los Angeles, I know what I'm saying when I say it's a joke. I am a former LAPD officer who patrolled South Central LA, I am also a former NYPD officer who patrolled Brownsville, Brooklyn, and now I work for the government and study criminal justice and crime.

Every day I would go to work LA dragging my ass because I knew what my day would throw at me - Absloutely NOTHING. Every day I'd get a call of a suspicious vehicle or something stupid like that, and aout once every 2 weeks I'd be called to shots fired. So I moved to New York.

I joined NYPD and had a freaking blast! Of course there were scary moments, it's New York City. Butr every day I'd get a shots fired call... Literally every day. Suspicious vehicles were rare, robberies were constant, street fights were constant, manifestation of prostitution was constant and domestic violence was constant.

As a licensed police officer and more recently, a certified U.S. government worker, I know what I say when I say New York's bad neighborhood's are by far more dangerous than LA's. And I have the stats of over 15 years of criminal offenses and crime statistics on paper in my filing cabinet to prove it.

Los Angeles is a joke. The only population gain it's experiencing is retirees and soccer moms and the gangs are wannabes.

AllhoodPublications
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Montreal

Unread post by AllhoodPublications » December 10th, 2007, 2:21 pm

Not that I disagree with you but....

Why is it that gangs of L.A. are considered cowards when Oficcers pull you over and immediately jump out the car with their weapons drawn, often shaking like Mr. Ferley on Three's Company? Mind you, these are just routine traffic stops.

If these gangs of L.A. are a joke, which i'm not denying, what good is it that the Chief and Mayor are continuosly putting gang injunctions on communities and hold non-gangmembers accountable? Who's really the joke there?

Granted that I have no experience with a badge and a gun, extensive training, bulet proof vest, a police car door to hide behind, but why does it take so many officers and so many shots fired to kill a kid sitting on a porch or a teenager that backs into your car trying to escape.. or the girl sitting in her car that called police for help in San Bernadino several years back.. what about the retarded kid on the east side of L.A., or the Jamaican that reached for his wallet in New York, is it the steroids that damages your thinking process or is this stimulant that simply helps you react faster and make excuses for your actions later?

If gangs in L.A. are a joke, then there must be a lot of laughter around the nation.

UrbanStreets
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by UrbanStreets » December 10th, 2007, 5:03 pm

Mayors make big issues out of a lot of things. The mayor would bitch and complain if a gum wrapper blew out of my hand.

Whether or not it takes a lot of officers to take down a gang member depends on the situation and location. If a gang member is in the middle of Times Square flashing a gun, officers would be everywhere due to the number of people and the publicity it gets to make the situation seem like it's under control. I've cuffed gang members with guns before by myself. And usually one officer will shoot a criminal if it's necesarry, I mean you won't see 20 officers blowing holes through the guy.

As a police officer who has been employed with LAPD and NYPD, I have to say that the scariest, but also most adrenaline pumping moments were on NYPD and I know plenty of LAPD officers who will agree with me.

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » December 10th, 2007, 5:30 pm

How were you able to become employed with both of those agencies?

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » December 10th, 2007, 5:33 pm

Movie shows such as NYPD Blue and Law And Order can influence someone's beliefs about how "adrenaline pumping" things are in New York.

The majority of police work nationwide involves order maintenance crimes. Which include giving people directions, telling people to turn down the music and other such things.

BANG187
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by BANG187 » December 10th, 2007, 6:31 pm

I bet he would have a ball in philly right now..lol

adelantosro
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by adelantosro » December 10th, 2007, 8:04 pm

I am told the Hill Pricinct was taken over regularly in the 90's. Philly and NYPD both are different challenges. 15 years I have been entertained with wild violence and stupid crimes. From brothers using a machette on each other to a no one taking down 4 hard core members by himself using the fours weapons on each other. LAPD glorifies alot of it's crime and makes it hard to believe it is all true. Even OJ got off a lock solid case. 15 years I still say that 90% of the job is paper, 5% a good fight, and 5% explaining why I became a cop.

In Berdoo we take the entire crime and call out detectives only when the station cannot finish the investigation. In LAPD there are still face sheet cops like in New York. You get the mess and then the detectives take over the cool part. Run fast, fight hard, take down the names and move on. Anyone who says one city has more crime than another is not looking. I found crime never looked at in a mountain resort. Still there and no one is still watching the crime happen.

Yep I took the job for the energy of it. But there isn't always enough energy to go around. Now I like finding a new way to get someone to snitch on themself. Playing with words has always been too much fun. Heck even here it is easy to get someone fired up.

LA New York, Chicago, Miami, the BIG DC it is all the same. And no I do not waste my time collecting stats to make me look good. I do my job and cash the check. Stats are for management.

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Re: Los Angeles Gangs are a Joke

Unread post by Common Sense » December 10th, 2007, 8:20 pm

UrbanStreets wrote:Every day I would go to work LA dragging my ass because I knew what my day would throw at me - Absloutely NOTHING. Every day I'd get a call of a suspicious vehicle or something stupid like that, and aout once every 2 weeks I'd be called to shots fired. So I moved to New York.

I joined NYPD and had a freaking blast! Of course there were scary moments, it's New York City. Butr every day I'd get a shots fired call... Literally every day. Suspicious vehicles were rare, robberies were constant, street fights were constant, manifestation of prostitution was constant and domestic violence was constant.
Are you here to protect the public or to declare war on it? If this is the kind of action you need, you should be doing militry service not community service. We need police officer who don't mind having a day without violence.

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » December 10th, 2007, 9:36 pm

Anyone who compares the hoods of 2 major cities and tries to downplay the socio-economic devastation that has been wreaked in them is an ass.

You cant go around saying an LA hood is any less or worse than a New York one. That is asinine.

Both cities suffered massive homicide rates during the crack epidemic and both cities are doing somewhat better than they were just a decade ago.

Anyone who says any differently is a lunatic.

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » December 10th, 2007, 9:40 pm

I highly doubt that New Yorkers were killing each other every day because of what color shoelaces they were wearing like in LA...

rocstar
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by rocstar » December 11th, 2007, 1:21 am

A Ghost wrote:Anyone who compares the hoods of 2 major cities and tries to downplay the socio-economic devastation that has been wreaked in them is an ass.
lol exactly. He retarded. "I'm a New York cop who use to be an LA Cop". You a fake NY Damu trying to give NY credit. For all I know NY is worse than anywhere else in the country but i know your weird ass aint a cop. With your 15 years of stats in your filing cabinet lol retard. LOL @ a cop working South Central and only getting calls about suspicious vehicles. Tell that to the thousands of dead wannabe gang members. I guess the real Bloods and Crips is in Brooklyn.

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » December 11th, 2007, 1:25 am

rocstar wrote:
A Ghost wrote:Anyone who compares the hoods of 2 major cities and tries to downplay the socio-economic devastation that has been wreaked in them is an ass.
lol exactly. He retarded. "I'm a New York cop who use to be an LA Cop". You a fake NY Damu trying to give NY credit. For all I know NY is worse than anywhere else in the country but i know your weird ass aint a cop. With your 15 years of stats in your filing cabinet lol retard. LOL @ a cop working South Central and only getting calls about suspicious vehicles. Tell that to the thousands of dead wannabe gang members. I guess the real Bloods and Crips is in Brooklyn.
LOL "Brooklyn started this Blood/Crip shit, is this the muthaf-ckin thanks I get!?"

hahahaha

UrbanStreets
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by UrbanStreets » December 11th, 2007, 7:18 am

A Ghost wrote:Movie shows such as NYPD Blue and Law And Order can influence someone's beliefs about how "adrenaline pumping" things are in New York.

The majority of police work nationwide involves order maintenance crimes. Which include giving people directions, telling people to turn down the music and other such things.
In the area I worked we never had to give directions. Tourists really don't spend much time on E. 116th in East Harlem, in case you didn't know, and if they do we'd be dispatched to a report of assault, battery, robbery or shots fired.

UrbanStreets
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by UrbanStreets » December 11th, 2007, 7:22 am

rocstar wrote:
You believe what you want, I won't stop you from voicing your opinion. But yes, I did quit LAPD because I knew another officer in New York who called me about a test. I wanted to do something new. Really, extremely hard to believe, isn't it? There are only thousands of people moving from CA to NY every day...

UrbanStreets
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by UrbanStreets » December 11th, 2007, 7:25 am

A Ghost wrote:I highly doubt that New Yorkers were killing each other every day because of what color shoelaces they were wearing like in LA...
No, they didn't. I'll say right now that the Crips and Bloods in New York aren't like that, they're more of a get money, every man for themself, drug dealing and smuggling gang. Many of them won't kill you for colors, but if you mess with them or their money they will. New York is about getting money and respect, LA is about respect, turf and colors. Really babyish, I must say. At least I can understand New York gangs a bit more. Survival is a must, but killing over colors is just dumb.

UrbanStreets
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by UrbanStreets » December 11th, 2007, 7:30 am

You cant go around saying an LA hood is any less or worse than a New York one. That is asinine.

Both cities suffered massive homicide rates during the crack epidemic and both cities are doing somewhat better than they were just a decade ago.

I suppose you got your crime statistics from Yahoo! News? Nah, not the best idea. But yes, you are somewhat correct. Both cities have experienced a major reduction in crime, but they both have their really seedy areas... Just more of it in New York.

And actually, you have a greater chance of witnessing a murder in New York. According to my calculations, for every square mile in New York, there will be 4.1 murders, for every square mile in LA, there will be .87 murder.

UrbanStreets
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by UrbanStreets » December 11th, 2007, 7:32 am

BANG187 wrote:I bet he would have a ball in philly right now..lol
I'd love to give Philly a try. But my police career is over, I have a higher job.

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » December 11th, 2007, 11:05 am

UrbanStreets wrote:
A Ghost wrote:I highly doubt that New Yorkers were killing each other every day because of what color shoelaces they were wearing like in LA...
No, they didn't. I'll say right now that the Crips and Bloods in New York aren't like that, they're more of a get money, every man for themself, drug dealing and smuggling gang. Many of them won't kill you for colors, but if you mess with them or their money they will. New York is about getting money and respect, LA is about respect, turf and colors. Really babyish, I must say. At least I can understand New York gangs a bit more. Survival is a must, but killing over colors is just dumb.
You say you've been a cop for all these years yet you "respect new york gangs more"?

Ive never heard a cop say they respect ANY gang.

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » December 11th, 2007, 11:06 am

UrbanStreets wrote:

I suppose you got your crime statistics from Yahoo! News? Nah, not the best idea. But yes, you are somewhat correct. Both cities have experienced a major reduction in crime, but they both have their really seedy areas... Just more of it in New York.

And actually, you have a greater chance of witnessing a murder in New York. According to my calculations, for every square mile in New York, there will be 4.1 murders, for every square mile in LA, there will be .87 murder.
Theres a difference between tenement projects and neighborhoods with single family homes.

I want you to tell every mother of a murder victim in LA that LA is a safe place to live.

Thats gonna be a few thousand people you will need to talk to....

UrbanStreets
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by UrbanStreets » December 11th, 2007, 11:20 am

A Ghost wrote:
UrbanStreets wrote:
You say you've been a cop for all these years yet you "respect new york gangs more"?

Ive never heard a cop say they respect ANY gang.
I don't respect them, I understand them. If they actually studied and tried in school they could have avoided the gang route, but instead they laze around, smoke and have kids at age 14. I understand them when they're trying to feed their baby, but when they kill someone over the color of their shirt is what really earns my disrespect and disgust.

UrbanStreets
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by UrbanStreets » December 11th, 2007, 11:22 am

A Ghost wrote:
UrbanStreets wrote:

Theres a difference between tenement projects and neighborhoods with single family homes.

I want you to tell every mother of a murder victim in LA that LA is a safe place to live.

No, ya think? Of course there will be murders. Small towns in the sticks have murders, but it doesn't mean they're dangerous.

Overall, Los Angeles IS NOT dangerous and gangs are becoming weaker out there.

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » December 11th, 2007, 11:24 am

UrbanStreets wrote:
A Ghost wrote:
UrbanStreets wrote:

No, ya think? Of course there will be murders. Small towns in the sticks have murders, but it doesn't mean they're dangerous.

SMH

Now I know you're full of shit.

You're comparing a massive city like LA to a small town in the sticks.

Credibility GONE.

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » December 11th, 2007, 11:38 am

This guy is a lunatic.

UrbanStreets
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by UrbanStreets » December 11th, 2007, 11:57 am

A Ghost wrote:
UrbanStreets wrote:
A Ghost wrote:
UrbanStreets wrote:

SMH

Credibility GONE.
My credibility is higher than yours, pal. I've finished college, you're still in college.

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » December 11th, 2007, 12:12 pm

UrbanStreets wrote:
A Ghost wrote:
UrbanStreets wrote:
A Ghost wrote:
UrbanStreets wrote:

SMH

Credibility GONE.
My credibility is higher than yours, pal. I've finished college, you're still in college.
Oooohhhhhh Im so impressed. :roll:

You graduated before me WOW! That means Im wrong huh? :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll:

Anyone who compares a city the size of LA to a small town in the boonies is full of shit.

No matter how much "college" they have.

FYI There are professors in college that advocate the use of LSD, does that make them right?

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: SJ

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » December 11th, 2007, 6:43 pm

YOU ARE A JOKE.

d-train
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by d-train » December 11th, 2007, 7:02 pm

What about these BS politicians loc? Are they a joke?

mr 503
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by mr 503 » December 12th, 2007, 12:21 am

THIS COP IS FULL OF SHIT. I DONT CARE IF U GRADUATED COLLEGE THAT DOESNT MAKE YOUR WORD ANY MORE CREDIBLE. I GRADUATED FROM COLLEGE AND FROM THE STREETS SO THAT MEANS I GOT MORE SAY THAN YOU IN WHATS GOING ON. GANGBANGING IS NOTHING TO GLORIFY BUT ITS A WAY OF LIFE FOR SOME OF US. BUT ALTEAST TRY TO KEEP IT REAL BECAUSE ALL THOSE COMMENTS MAKE U LOOK LIKE A BUSTER TRYING TO STIR THE POT HERE COP OR NOT. AND ANYONE THAT SAYS L.A IS SOFT HASNT BEEN HERE.

NikexCortez

Unread post by NikexCortez » December 12th, 2007, 12:27 am

^^ what you major in and what is your career and want it to be? what is the rest of you guys majoring in or is right now? really though just because someone is ahead of you in life does not make them a better person. there are plenty of old people out there who are ignorant and dont deserve respect.

andrew
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by andrew » December 12th, 2007, 12:34 am

we have a phony cop here...read all his posts.....a real cop wouldnt get sucked in these conversations and post that much info..........................i guess ther are bgcaspars in the cop world too

adelantosro
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by adelantosro » December 12th, 2007, 9:20 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock:
Ya think?

Fake cops fake bangers all the same they like to strut their stuff but run from the court rooms in a panic.

Any city small or large has crime if you look for it. Meth is cooked in 5 gallon pails now and left in the forrest for kids to find. Guns left in the park for a fight that might happen pot for sale everywhere. You name it any city has it. Ever wonder why there are so many hotels in the boonies along the 10, 40 or 80 highways. Look around and there are prisons near each group of hotels and the families are staying there to see pops. While they are there they still do the same thing they did in the city.

If Urban streets thinks he is a real cop he could find good quality crime in any city he worked. I think he is one of the cops that knows every diner that kicks half off and where to get the best sleep on graves.

NikexCortez

Unread post by NikexCortez » December 12th, 2007, 9:28 pm

cops would be interested in these conversations because they are gangsters themselves.