GANG Injuctions

This section will discuss the West, defined by the following states; Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington and Wyoming.
Forum rules
Excluding Los Angeles, discuss all other California cities and counties.
v04
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

GANG Injuctions

Unread post by v04 » July 15th, 2008, 1:24 pm

This might be posted already but i just want to know how can California put up a gang injuction, isn't that violation of the constitution or something.

elmwoodero
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: east los angeles

Re: GANG Injuctions

Unread post by elmwoodero » August 12th, 2008, 4:14 pm

MY NEIGHBORHOOD WAS THE FIRST MODERN DAY INJUNCTION, IT WAS ON BARRIO ELMWOOD RIFA STREET GANG, ACTUALLY THE INJUNCTION IS UNDER MY NAME. TO MAKE A LONG STORY SHORT, NO GANG HAS REALLY PROTESTED THE INJUNCTION, WE LIVE OUT SIDE OF THE LAW, SO IT IS KIND OF HARD TO WALK INTO A COURT ROOM AND ASK A JUDGE TO SIDE WITH US. ACLU SAID THEY WERE GOING TO CONTEST THE INJUNCTION, BUT NEEDED A LOT OF MONEY AND COULDNT HELP WITHOUT IT. I REALLY FEEL THAT IT IS AGAINST OUR CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS, UNDER ONE MERITT ALONE, HOW CAN YOU STICK A PERSON NEVER BEFORE CONVICTED OF A CRIME IN JAIL FOR A YEAR, I CAN UNDERSTAND SOMEONE LIKE MYSELF WHICH HAS BEEN PROVEN A GANG MEMBER IN A COURT OF LAW AND ARRESTED FOR GANG CRIMES. I HAVE SEEN PEOPLE GIVEN A PROBATION VIOLATION FOR BEING ON THE STREET, NEVER BEFORE BEEN ARRESTED, JUST CAUSE THEY LOOK LIKE A GANGMEMBER. WHAT CAN YOU SAY? THIS COUNTRY IS NOT FREE, NOR DOES THE GOVERNMENT WANT TO STOP GANGS, THEY JUST MOVE THEM TO ANOTHER STREET, IN OUR CASE WE MOVED TWO BLOCKS DOWN. HONESTLY, GANGS ARE JOB SECURITY FOR MANY, AND THE GOVERNMENT INTENDS ON KEEPING THEM JOBS, WHY WOULD THEY PUT STREET GANGS AND MEMBERS ON A TERRORIST LIST? YOU CANT GET A JOB IN MOST PLACES WITHOUT GOING THROUGH HOMELAND SECURITY, YOU THINK YOUR GOING TO GET PASS THEM??? NOW ASK THAT QUESTION AGAIN, DO WE HAVE RIGHTS?

v04
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by v04 » August 13th, 2008, 9:01 am

i feel ya homie, thats shyt jus fucked up period..

AllhoodPublications
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Montreal

Unread post by AllhoodPublications » August 13th, 2008, 9:35 am

TO MAKE A LONG STORY SHORT, NO GANG HAS REALLY PROTESTED THE INJUNCTION

East Side Wilmas challenged it and had a bunch of members names removed as inactive.

IT IS KIND OF HARD TO WALK INTO A COURT ROOM AND ASK A JUDGE TO SIDE WITH US.

This is TRUE but it has more to do with the way the Gang Injunction is drawn up. Its relatively vague and strategically targets gangmembers who they claim are ACTIVE and then the parties or gang named doesn't fight against it, and so it sticks.

I REALLY FEEL THAT IT IS AGAINST OUR CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS, UNDER ONE MERITT ALONE, HOW CAN YOU STICK A PERSON NEVER BEFORE CONVICTED OF A CRIME IN JAIL FOR A YEAR

Thats real... however, you must violate the injunction several times before you are sentenced to one year. Its just weird how its not a crime, but then you end up doing more time than a drunk driver in an accident.

I HAVE SEEN PEOPLE GIVEN A PROBATION VIOLATION FOR BEING ON THE STREET, NEVER BEFORE BEEN ARRESTED, JUST CAUSE THEY LOOK LIKE A GANGMEMBER.

Are you sure? I have seen a bit much, but never seen someone violate probation but never been arrested. How did that person get on probation. That should be a huge lawsuit because a person who has never been arressted not only has rights, but shouldn't be in the system to begin with. An officer, a judge, the district attorney, and the probation department should all have to answer to that and it should make headline news.

NOR DOES THE GOVERNMENT WANT TO STOP GANGS, THEY JUST MOVE THEM TO ANOTHER STREET

Thats real. As long as the mothers and elders in the community do NOT complain about local gangs, then they are good with that. Its not about stopping crime, its about pretending to be doing a great job for the community and keeping government and police agencies employed. Its also about keeping the oppressed poor.

Anytime you arrest someone for a gang injunction violation and the person bails out for $500, its a capital loss. You are taking away money from the ghetto for no reason other than a gang injunction where a person has not even committed a crime. Further, if that person is employed, thats lost wages at work and possibly causes the arrestee to lose employment. Now that further puts a person and/or his family in a financial burden because in the ghetto/oppressed communities most people live check to check, or sack to sack.

The bad thing about the inunction is when it was drawn up how many ever years ago- there wasn't an exit strategy created. They made this injunction (not law) 100% against gang members, those that look dress like gangmembers, and for anyone that lives in gang areas to be harrassed, thrown in jail, but didn't consider if a person was no longer active, an activist in the community, employed, or for people who were willing to change. So once you get on the injunction, you are on it for life!

However, just recently the city's attorneys office has came out with a new petition that allows you to file to try an get off. You will need to be employed for at least 6 months (To maybe 2 years) on the same job, no field cards, no cell phone unless your employer requires it, no baseball caps, and no arrest. Then you must appear in court in front of a judge. To date, I don't think one single person has gotten off except the huge group of Wilmas but there is promise that many people will get off soon if they fight it and prove to be productive in the community.

AllhoodPublications
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by AllhoodPublications » August 13th, 2008, 9:41 am

^Forgot to mention that people are being violated for the injunction that have never even been served.

The injunction clearly states a individual must be served notice. When they arrest you without being served should be thrown out in my opinion... somebody needs to stand up and fight that. I've recently ran it by the Mayors office but I don't have any pull, i'm just another opinion. They did promise to find a way to correct that immediately but again, who am I?

elmwoodero
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by elmwoodero » August 13th, 2008, 4:12 pm

you dont have to be served, the police uses the were endangered clause to avoid serving everyone. you can be sentenced to county up to one year for violating the injunction, the first time. like any other law, they only hand pick who gets the whole year, and if you know anyone that has been arrested for the injunction laws, it is considered a "probation violation", even though the law is a injunction and a civil court granted, it works as a probation status, your not exactly under probation, but if you violate the injunction, your arrested and charge with probation violation, cause you violated injunction with your name on that injunction, not only that they have a clause that covers "all future gang members", you dont have to be named in the injunction to be arrested, just a suspicion of being from that said gang. The injunction that ELMWOOD STREET received back in 1993, cited shootings with no victims and suspects as evidence to get injunction passed, specific gang members were either in custody already, or picked up the day before injunction was heard in court, so that no one was to contest gang injunction, burbank p.d., planned this.aclu was contacted, but once again, money talks and b.s. walks.

elmwoodero
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by elmwoodero » August 13th, 2008, 4:29 pm

by the way, you can never get off a gang file, active or inactive. I have been off parole for 5 yrs, got stopped the other day for traffic violation, officer immediately ran back ground check cause of tattoos, it came up as gangmember from barrio elmwood rifa, it didnt say active or inactive, and to tell you the truth, does it really matter? you can stay away from police long enough to make police think your inactive, but the gang units know better then most, you can stay away from the neighborhood 20 yrs, change your whole life, tattoos removed, nothing to show you use to bang. run across one person, you hurt in the past in the supermarket, at church, anywhere, and depending on the person, your dead! i have seen it happen, most people think you can just say no, it doesnt work that way, for the most part, you have to watch your back for the rest of your life. But it isnt just other gang members who dont forget, it is the system all together, you cant find a job, cause you are classified as a terrorist, you cant pass homeland security, and most jobs require that now a days. active or not, it just doesnt matter...

AllhoodPublications
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by AllhoodPublications » August 13th, 2008, 4:40 pm

Obviously they can and will arrest you for a violation even if you haven't been served, but they are SUPPOSE to serve you the first time, then violate you next time. Its just like your miranda rights, they are suppose to read you your rights but sometimes they don't. Its like being pulle dover, they aren't suppose to pull you over for no reason, but they do it anyway.

I know a bunch of people who have been arrested for gang injunction violations, not one had to do one year for their first violation. Most people bail out for 4500 then go to court on it. The only person that i know who had to do a full year had been violated 3 or 4 times.

elmwoodero
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by elmwoodero » August 13th, 2008, 6:51 pm

WHETHER YOU PERSONALLY KNOW SOMEONE ARRESTED AND GIVEN A YEAR IS NOT THE POINT, I HAVE A FEW HOMEBOYS GIVEN A YEAR, BUT BACK TO THE POINT, THE GANG INJUNCTION IS UNCONSISTUTIONAL, ONE DAY IS TO MANY, FREEDOM IS LOST. THE STATE HAS GONE OVER BOARD WITH THIS GANG INJUNCTION, I FOR ONE BELIEVE SOMETHING SHOULD BE DONE ABOUT THE GANGS, I WOULDN'T WISH THIS LIFE ON ANYONE, BUT AT WHAT COST, ARE WE SUPPOSE TO SIT IDLE WHILE THE STATE DECIDES THEY DONT LIKE YOUR APPEARANCE AND SLAP YOU IN JAIL? BASICALLY WE HAVE GIVEN THE POLICE THE TOOLS TO ARREST AND CONVICT SOMEONE FOR PERSONAL VANDETTAS.

FANTA
What city do you live in now?: LOS ANGELES

Unread post by FANTA » August 17th, 2008, 11:07 am

laibeling you a lowlife street punks or big mafia figures...when in reality the majority so called"gangmembers" are not!

that tool they keep us caged. Working with a system where ones "they" say your a gang affiliate your chances of so call "Success" drop for some!

I AINT NO FUCKING TERRORIST ESE! lot of my homies are some of the most firme stand up people I've ever met in my whole life. Just cause he is diffrent? everywere in the world theres hot heads or "evil" as you call it. BUT HOW YOU GOING TO SAY "WE" ARE TERRORIST?

elmwoodero
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by elmwoodero » August 17th, 2008, 12:08 pm

FANTA, CHECK IT OUT HOMIE, YOU SHOULD OF READ THE WHOLE ARTICLE AND REPLYS BEFORE YOUT JUMP THE GUN, I NEVER SAID GANGMEMBERS ARE TERRORIST, I MYSELF AM FROM SURSIDE BARRIO ELMWOOD RIFA, WHAT I SAID IS THE UNITED STATES HAVE CLASSIFIED STREET GANGS HAS STREET TERRORIST AND BELIEVE IT OR NOT STREET TERRORIST AND OSAMA BIN LADEN ARE ON THE SAME LIST, IT SAY SOMETHING LIKE 75,000 TERRORIST CLASSIFIED, AND WETHER WE LIKE IT OR NOT HOMIE, IF YOUR ON ANY GANG FILE, YOUR ON THE LIST OF TERRORIST. NOW I CAN ONLY SPEAK FOR ME, BUT I WOULD STEP UP FOR THE WAR IN A HEARTBEAT IF I FELT THE COUNTRY WAS DOING THE RIGHT THING WITH THE WAR. EITHER WAY HOMIE, GO MAKE A APPLICATION THAT HAS TO RUN A CHECK THROUGH HOMELAND SECURITY, HATE TO SAY IT, BUT A TERRORIST RECORD COMES UP