Most feared hispanic varrio in S.D.

This section will discuss the West, defined by the following states; Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington and Wyoming.
Forum rules
Excluding Los Angeles, discuss all other California cities and counties.
SILENCIO
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Most feared hispanic varrio in S.D.

Unread post by SILENCIO » August 22nd, 2004, 2:29 am

Im just wondering for the people who live in Diego, what varrio is the most feared and respected among all, i say Barrio Logan, but i may be wrong.

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana

Re: Most feared hispanic varrio in S.D.

Unread post by Lonewolf » August 22nd, 2004, 5:36 pm

"With respects to all the Barrios in San Diego" - I would say in this day definitely Shell Town would be the hardest - I don't know about respected.

BIGG LISTO
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: LOS

Unread post by BIGG LISTO » August 22nd, 2004, 7:09 pm

ShellTown reminds me alot of Los. Those fools are always patrolling their hood and got that sh.. blocked up everywhere. They straight caught me slippen once with no cuete and if homeboy that was in my back seat would of opened his mouth I would of got lit up, since he was from Logan. Good thing I was doing some business with homeboy at the time otherwise I know he would of been runnin' his mouth but fu.. it, if it would of happened, it would of happened, what can you do. Thats life.

BIGG LISTO
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: LOS

Unread post by BIGG LISTO » August 22nd, 2004, 7:11 pm

My top 3 San Diego varrios are

Logan
Old Town NC
ShellTown

stickupkidakaBIGBANDIT
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by stickupkidakaBIGBANDIT » August 26th, 2004, 9:33 pm

Why YOU HOMIES HAVE TO ASK THIS QUESTION?? ESPECIALLY IF YOU KNOW BANDIT is going to BE BIAS.
Logan had it in the Late 80's early 90's but don't be surprised when they make a comeback. No hood can ever top them and I'm just being truthful they're the originals.
Shelltown: See The reason why they have their like they have it is because there small but the thing I don't respect about them is that they get run by '59 brims the blood hood. THere hood colors are even red and black and especially they like to where red and they hang w/ '59 brims mostly and call them homies. No disrespect to the brims i don't knock there hustle, but you also have to remember most of them are home owners and they have a little bit of cash and in my hood read the census 2000 report were the 2nd poorest city of all of CAlifornia and the 11th in the nation, so you know they have more strapps then us. But other then the blood di** riding on their behalf their mediocre.
MY hood: Let's be honest we have over 500 parolees in the NC and plus were the most active amongst the three. If you stroll through my hood that's not only off of civic center dr everything but e/s nc you will catch a flock of homies on different blocks, not all together in one spot. When fools run through highland they never want to get off their car and when You see a fool in North Carolina Apparel or Baby Blue you catch heads turning and do your research on the internet wer ethe deepest in the county w/ registered gang members at the minmum and especially when you hit Dononvan.
But that's my opinion.

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » December 9th, 2004, 10:04 pm

Back in the 80'S those vatos from ENCANTO were all on top of LOGAN, and SHERMAN was TOP GUN also, before the city of S.D. decided to renovate the area adjacent to downtown.

yardstick
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Dago

Unread post by yardstick » August 2nd, 2008, 9:45 pm

3 way varrio tie

Logan (13, RS, 30, 33) Deep, direct ties to M
Shelltown (38, GBS) put in a lot of work
OTNC (IBS, OBS, ATS, EBS, GTS) Old Town is DEEP! Direct ties to M

back in my day it was

Logan
Sherman
OTNC
Otay
Sidro

Evilside Boy
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Evilside Boy » August 4th, 2008, 9:18 pm

yardstick wrote:3 way varrio tie

back in my day it was

Logan
Sherman
OTNC
Otay
Sidro
Hell yea OTNC is deep. Them n LH been going at it for decades

SDBTS287
What city do you live in now?: SD

Unread post by SDBTS287 » September 1st, 2008, 1:07 pm

back in my day it was

Logan
Sherman
OTNC
Otay
Sidro
dog we are talking first generation veteranos from logan and maravilla that started the _____
i got big homeys from both sets way diff cities

otay is fucing deep too

yardstick
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by yardstick » September 3rd, 2008, 7:47 pm

SDBTS287 wrote:

back in my day it was

Logan
Sherman
OTNC
Otay
Sidro
dog we are talking first generation veteranos from logan and maravilla that started the _____

otay is fucing deep too
SDBTS287 wrote:

back in my day it was

Logan
Sherman
OTNC
Otay
Sidro

otay is fucing deep too
No disrespect intended:

I know a lot of older homies from Otay (most are locked up or gone)...and I have a lot of respect for big VLO, but they are no where as big as they used to be. I remember that you would see vatos all over their hood in the 80's and early 90's. DEEP too! probably close to 200 heads back then. But the City of Chula Vista started cleaning up that area in the 90's, and it seriously depleted RBLS and RLS. Now I only see about 10 heads at a time...and they all look different ...meaning eses are continuously going through the revolving door of the CDOC. That's one way of keeping a gang from growing out of control. Parole busts 27/7! Keep no more than a few out at a time. I hear that the injunction on OTNC is working! Homies can't walk down the street, or even be in a car more than 2 heads deep!

And if u are talking way back....the first heads of the M were from Hoyo Maravilla, PFlats, Hazard, EHS, Black Angels. I 'm talking about current direct ties! Both of which Logan and OTNC have. I am sure there are other hoods in Dago, LA, an IE that have direct ties too. But i brought up those ones, because they have been confirmed through law enforcement and the media (within the last year). It's not like M has the same 10 dudes that started it as the only heads. I'm sure it's a lot bigger now with heads from all sorts of socal sets. There's always uncomfirmed rumors of Otay, VChula Vista, Sidro, Del Sol, Imperial, Market, Gamma Boys, Sherman, and Esco Santos having heads in M. But what is street hyp, and what is true?

How funny is it now that Maravilla used to be (or still is?) greenlighted, when one of the og's that started M was from El Hoyo Mara. Politics.

gatouni
What city do you live in now?: San Diego

Unread post by gatouni » September 6th, 2008, 4:26 pm

Logan-There is no doubt that Logan is up there. But i heard some of there hood got taken by some tagbangers by 32nd street. Red Steps have an injuction against them that looks like it is putting a dent in their activities.

Shell Town- I heard a new gang that claims Mountain View started out of some tag bangers that took some of ST38's territory. Plus ST seems to have the reputation of using Brims for back up against Logan. No disrespect intended...i'm just saying they arn't as deep as Logan (but they are definatly as down!)

OTNC-OTNC is deep, but it seems like they are getting smaller since the injuction started. The injuctions seem like they have put a dent in their hood. You don't see that many cholos posted sice thay can get arrested just for grouping together.

Otay-they used to be real deep!!! RLS and RB is still around,and now they have a new click called 13 boys (VLO 13BS). But they are no where as big as they used to be. CVPD is all over the place in Otay. Especially sice a couple of kids from Otay were murdered earlier this year. Otay used to look like Southeast San Diego..but it has started to clean up a little..and there arn't as many cholos posted around anymore.

I would say City Heights is the most feared neighborhood. You have ESD, CH Juniors, AN, and Van Dyke all on top of each other, continuously shooting it out. ESD is pretty deep too! And you have black and asian gangs literally on top of the sureno gangs doing the same.

But the most feared gang is probably Logan 30. They run deep!! Their hood is probably the worst looking spot in San Diego, and Logan in genral has alot of history.

FelonLocco
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: corona

Unread post by FelonLocco » October 2nd, 2008, 10:48 am

im not even mexican but i dont think shelltowns active.
i'd say national city,logan and eastside. especially eastside. LV 13 is wack and varrio clairmont r coochies. mission bays funken with lv 13. southeast/ iunno

yardstick
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by yardstick » October 2nd, 2008, 5:13 pm

FelonLocco wrote:im not even mexican but i dont think shelltowns active.
i'd say national city,logan and eastside. especially eastside. LV 13 is wack and varrio clairmont r coochies. mission bays funken with lv 13. southeast/ iunno
No diss.....

ST is very active! 38 is beefin big time with some new gang in mountain view right now (MV73LS). There has been a bunch of shootings on OView in the last month due to 38 and 73LS blasting at each other (and civilians). GBS is always stirring something up on the SS of ST.

LV13, CLMT, MBLS are no joke. It seems that every ese in SD loves to hate on WSSD because the nieghborhoods arn't ghetto, but all the WS hoods put work in for theirs.

REEBOK

Unread post by REEBOK » October 2nd, 2008, 8:47 pm

does shelltown 38 have any relation to 38st in l.a. and if not have they ever come across each other and spoke on there roots

yardstick
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by yardstick » October 2nd, 2008, 9:23 pm

REEBOK wrote:does shelltown 38 have any relation to 38st in l.a. and if not have they ever come across each other and spoke on there roots
No. 38th Street in Los Angeles is an older gang (since the 50's?).

Shelltown 38th Street is a lot newer (maybe since the early 80's). South 38th Street in San Diego cuts through the Mount Hope, Mountain View, and Southcrest neighborhoods. It actually stops at the neighborhood of Shelltown (38th and Acacia). The heart of ST38's hood is 38th and National Avenue in the Southcrest neighborhood. Their turf is pretty big. They claim everything from Alpha Street to Imperial Avenue, and I-15 to I-805. So they pretty much have control over the Southcrest, and Mountain View neighborhoods. Although, a new gang called Mountain View 73 Locos is encroaching on there territory that lies between Ocean View Blvd and Imperial Avenue. i guess the MV73 used to be tagbangers, but they now are Surenos.

Shelltown Gamma Boys lies south of ST38's hood, and they claim everything from Alpha Street, down to National City's border (roughly Division Street), and from I-15 to I-805. Back in the day 38 and Gamma used to beef, but now they back each other up. They pretty much have the same enimies. There also used to be a Shelltown 36th street, and Shelltown Delta Boys back in the 70's/80's.

ST38's traditional beefs are with Logan gangs, Market Street Locos, and Old Town National City. Gamma Boys traditional beefs are with Olt town National City and Logan Gangs. I think both gangs now beef with MV73 and Southeast Lokos.

Gamma had a small beef with VCV G Street for a while. I guess some of their boys were living in Chula Vista, right in G Streets turf, and some beef started. CVPD cracked down on that neighborhood hardcore, since fights started braking out, and a graffiti war between the two started. I don't see GBS tags around there anymore, and i guess most of the G street gang got locked up because there arn't any more VCV or GST tags there.

yardstick
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by yardstick » October 2nd, 2008, 9:31 pm

Oh...and about the 38 streeters coming across each other. My hommie told me that boys from both sets are always coming across each other in CDC, and that they are cool with each other. He explained it as like a fraternity like feeling, since both gangs claim 38th street in their respective cities, and both gangs are very notorious.

REEBOK

Unread post by REEBOK » October 6th, 2008, 10:25 pm

yeah im sure if hes in the cdc and sees a guy with 38 on his arms or back he's gonna wanna find out if thats his homeboy but when he finds out he s from sd i no its still all good - and some good conversation is sparked up.

FelonLocco
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by FelonLocco » October 23rd, 2008, 10:35 am

lv 13's is bitchess n so is clmt..their not even on the map

FelonLocco
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by FelonLocco » October 24th, 2008, 10:37 am

Evilside Boy wrote:

back in my day it was

Logan
Sherman
OTNC
Otay
Sidro
Hell yea OTNC is deep. Them n LH been going at it for decades
ey i got homies from evilside they coo.. lil ewok, kieto, n clibs!

yardstick
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by yardstick » November 11th, 2008, 2:50 pm

In regards to SD County Street gangs and EME. Here are some of the street gangs with direct ties that have been confirmed by law enforcement and relayed through the media. Keep in mind, all San Diego Mexican American gangs are allied with EME, but some have direct ties. I'm sure there are other gangs in SD County that have direct ties.

Old Town National City, National City Mob, Del Sol, Logan Red Steps, Logan 30th Street, Shell Town Gamma Boys, Del Sol, Encinitas Flats, Sherman 20's, Esco Santos, Esco Diablos, Varrio Posole, Fallbrook Locos, and Varrio San Marcos.

EME members from Del Sol and Logan are the ones that supposedly set up the Arellano-Felix cartel connections.

This just goes along with what I was saying earlier.

BTW...it is rumored (via Mexican and American media) that EME is involved in the current play for power over the Baja narcotics trade. Supposedly the EME contacts for the Arellano-Felix's have turned against the cartel, and they are trying to establish EME as the head trafficers for the Baja/southern California region. But, keep in mind how the media sentionalizes stories. That rumor may all be BS.

yardstick
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by yardstick » November 25th, 2008, 6:21 pm

yardstick wrote:
REEBOK wrote: Shelltown Gamma Boys lies south of ST38's hood, and they claim everything from Alpha Street, down to National City's border (roughly Division Street), and from I-15 to I-805.

I mjent I-5 to I-805

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » December 4th, 2008, 2:52 pm

gatouni wrote:
I would say City Heights is the most feared neighborhood. You have ESD, CH Juniors, AN, and Van Dyke all on top of each other, continuously shooting it out. ESD is pretty deep too! And you have black and asian gangs literally on top of the sureno gangs doing the same.

But the most feared gang is probably Logan 30. They run deep!! Their hood is probably the worst looking spot in San Diego, and Logan in genral has alot of history.
For the most part, I agree with your assessment that CITY HEIGHTS is where the most trouble is in these present times. Maybe even more so than in SOUTH EAST. However I would disagree as to them being the most feared. There's a lot of pleito going on in those grounds, but that don't mean that Sherman, Encanto, East Side or Logan fear them. And I would strongly disagree as to LH30TA being the "worst looking" neighborhood. RED STEPS is worse looking than 30TA, and some parts of LINCOLN PARK and MOUNTAIN VIEW are worse looking than 30TA. And if you ever been to PALM CITY, you'll find that they still got dirt streets in-between I-5 and Hollister. Is true that Logan has a lot of history, but in my opinion that is due to a large extent because of its central locality close up to downtown and the dockyards. You have a lot of old neighborhoods just as old if not older than Logan that have a rich Mexican-Chicano-Indian history. Colonias like EDEN GARDENS in SOLANA and TORTILLA FLATS in ENCINITAS (no relationship to TxF in East Los or Comptone). EDEN GARDENS was a deragatory name given by the gavachos to the Colonia where the Mexican and Indian population lived up next to the fields. Their Colonia was grungy looking, wild and desolate, filled with shrubbery and nothing but dirt and rock on the streets; hence the reason why the gavachos would call it EDEN GARDENS as a way of laughing at this Mexican earthly paradise. The name stuck, and La Raza adopted it for themselves and like everything else that was used as a way of insulting our people and our ways, they took it and turned it into a name of Pride. . The same deal was with TORTILLA FLATS. The gavachos used the name as a derogatory reference when referrring to Mexicans and where they lived. They would call Mexican people "Tortillas" and "Flats" because tortillas were like flat pancakes to them. But the names stuck, and out of those racist origins came the modern Colonia and Varrio names that live on to this day. We can go on forever as to the history of the many San Diego B/Varrios. Some are younger, but many are older than Logan.

stickupkidakaBIGBANDIT
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by stickupkidakaBIGBANDIT » December 4th, 2008, 3:45 pm

I'm very bias on this topic, but I will keep it real.

Every hood is almost the same. It's like football some hoods are superbowl champs one year and some are dynasties. The top 3 in my book are OTNC, LOGAN, and Shelltown.
I give a lot of credit to ST because they are small tight knit hood. My hood (OTNC) is said to be the oldest by the media, but who fuckin knows. I always thought it was Logan. I have confirmation from a lady in her late 80's that OTNC and Logan use to fight in the 50's at local movie spots , and shelltown was considered a new gang at the time.

Those with Directs to you know whos are suprisingly the smaller gangs. 1 forum member mentioned OTNC and LOgan, but the reason their mentioned so much becuase they have the most of the pawn pieces and enforcers. LIke the Sopranos you have different bosses. Suprisingly, ST has the biggest of them all who runs almost all of the 4 yards in CA. If you watch TV you know who that is. Del Sol has another big fish along w/ OTAy. and of course LOGAN.

73 LS won't last w/ ST boys. It just a matter of them getting locked up and joining LOgan or another St enemy hood. It happens everywhere. The cops lock down one hood and let's the squares run wild until they cause too much attention.

I'm not really active anymore and currently live in SE LA, but I'm in SD at least 2 times a month.

SliderDeuce

Unread post by SliderDeuce » December 5th, 2008, 7:30 am

Lol it's obvious Barrio Logan gets it in.

Bodybag619

Unread post by Bodybag619 » February 21st, 2009, 2:52 pm

Depends. I don't know much about South East since I've spent most of my life not going past National City, but in South San Diego I'll give it to Sidro.

yardstick
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by yardstick » February 22nd, 2009, 10:57 pm

I think BigBandit hit it right on the nose. It's gonna fluctuate all the time depending on a couple of factors. All the Logan sets have been real quit lately, and ST has beenn lighting up the skies of SE! ST is getting big time deep.

Logan is always gonna be on the radar, cause it is probably the most tore up area of SD, the sets are deep there, and the media has overblown that "assassins for hire," hype about Logan. But like I said, they have gotten real quiet. You gotta remember there were VPosole, ST, OTNC, and Del Sol boys also working as "hired assasins" for EME and the cartels. It's just that the 30ta caught the fall out since a few of theirs were connected right away.

Plus, it always seems like there are 2 or 3 hoods that are usually "tied."

(in no order)
1930's-60's-Otay/OTNC
60's-80's-Logan/Sherman/OTNC
80's-early 90's-OTNC/Logan/Otay/Sidro
late 90's-early 2000's OTNC/Logan/Shelltown/SELKS
now-Shelltown???/Otay???/ESD???..probably with Shelltown on top???

In the mid and late 90's SELokos were deep and noisy too before they got broken up by PD. They ran parts of SE and the South Bay. Recently VCV got deep and rowdy. But a lot of their heads got locked up or killed. I don't even think there is a GStreet clicka anymore. Now all I see are GLS and NBLS hitups. OTNC, Otay, or Sidro used to be always on top of the SB. But WSNC has gotten real quiet now. Not because OTNC has died off, or that they are full of rankers, but because of the injunction and the relocation of a lot of the older heads. You won't even catch Sidro slippin through Otay's hood, or the other parts of West CV and West NC. But you can see plenty of VLO hitups in Del Sol, Sidro, Imperial, Nestor, and NC. I've even recently seen VLO hit ups in SE (Chollas View and Mountain View).

jtsd619
What city do you live in now?: Otay

Unread post by jtsd619 » March 8th, 2009, 12:09 pm

in no order, otnc , otay, logan, shelltown

TheExecutioner

Unread post by TheExecutioner » July 17th, 2009, 9:15 am

at this very momment in Upper SD, Esco Viejo Diablos are on top, why? cause threy're deep!

BP408
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: San Jose

Unread post by BP408 » August 6th, 2009, 5:46 pm

I only lived in SD for 3 years but i think SOUTHEAST is the most feared cus their the most hated to.

scrub1819
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by scrub1819 » August 10th, 2009, 2:55 pm

ok well SOUTHEAST is a broad, general area, not really a hood/varrio. there are many hoods/varrios within South East San Diego.

there is the SExSD LS &there is also SE LKS. you must be specific when talking about "SOUTHEAST"..

scrub1819
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by scrub1819 » August 10th, 2009, 3:00 pm

&i'd say Eastside is the most hated not SE. theres little cholos running around in Oak Park, Lemon Grove, La Mesa and even in parts of ESSD that claim "SOUTHEAST".
buncha di ckriders if you ask me.

almost Everybody IN ESSD hates on Eastside unless they are actually in ESD..

BP408
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: San Jose

Unread post by BP408 » August 11th, 2009, 1:32 am

scrub1819 wrote:ok well SOUTHEAST is a broad, general area, not really a hood/varrio. there are many hoods/varrios within South East San Diego.

there is the SExSD LS &there is also SE LKS. you must be specific when talking about "SOUTHEAST"..

SE LKS is the one! Arent they big time rivals with IMP13 and VBPL's??