More Gang Shootings in Riverside

This section will discuss the West, defined by the following states; Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington and Wyoming.
Forum rules
Excluding Los Angeles, discuss all other California cities and counties.
stamps
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

More Gang Shootings in Riverside

Unread post by stamps » June 18th, 2005, 8:20 am

Police probe more gunfire

12:47 AM PDT on Saturday, June 18, 2005

By SARAH BURGE / The Press-Enterprise

RIVERSIDE - Suspected gang members were at it again this week, firing dozens of rounds into a crowded parking lot and two Eastside Riverside homes, police said.

Gunfire broke out between rival gangs around 2 a.m. Monday at University Village, police said, leaving bullet holes in the shopping center walls. Police said about 200 people were milling in the area when the shooting began, and at least 12 shots were fired.

One gunshot victim turned up later at the hospital, said Sgt. Patrick Watters. But the victim would not tell investigators what happened.

Police said crowds of young people migrate over to the Denny's at University Village after the Sevilla nightclub and other bars close.

Lt. Alex Tortes, Eastside area commander, said police have been called to University Village several times about fights, but he said the violence hasn't all been gang-related.

Now that school is out, Tortes said, police will be focusing on the area and may have to close off the lot at night.

"The gathering of the crowds has always been there," Tortes said, "but the violence is what has us concerned."

There were two more shootings in quick succession on Tuesday around 1:20 a.m. in another Eastside neighborhood. But Tortes said they were not related to the University Village shooting.

Two houses and two cars were shot up on the 4400 block of Forest Street, Lt. Mark McFall said.

While police were investigating the shooting, they heard more shots coming from Date and Howard streets.

Two people were shot, but the wounds were not life-threatening. The witnesses and victims were, for the most part, uncooperative, McFall said.

Tortes said it's normal to see a spike in violence at the beginning of the summer, but it's hard to prevent shootings like the ones on Tuesday.

"You can predict it's going to happen," he said, "but you can't tell when and where it's going to happen."

Reach Sarah Burge at (951) 368-9642 or sburge@pe.com

anonymousman
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by anonymousman » June 18th, 2005, 3:41 pm

sounds like theres a lil war going on in riverside i met this broad from casa blanca she lives here in northern cali dang even the hynas there are crazy btchs lol

pinky
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by pinky » June 19th, 2005, 3:53 pm

damn man thats the spot though man ya know me and the niggas might club then kick it at the dennys and yeah there is always tension over thier thats why when we go we are about 10 deep at fucking dennys which is stupid but it has to happen or else you my get caught up.

jae
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by jae » June 19th, 2005, 4:40 pm

pinky wrote:damn man thats the spot though man ya know me and the niggas might club then kick it at the dennys and yeah there is always tension over thier thats why when we go we are about 10 deep at #%@&#%@ dennys which is stupid but it has to happen or else you my get caught up.
TRUE. gotta stay deep, pack heat, or keep ya eyes open or stay away from where it goes down. everybody know dennys is the spot after the club close,lol....(in damn near every city with ah club in it). i dont see why fools be trippin though, all them ladies to get at... they need to chill out and get what'cha came foe.

stamps
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by stamps » June 19th, 2005, 5:59 pm

Yea,,why's everyone trippin,,just order the rooty tooty fresh and frooty,,and get yo mack on with some booty..

Vincetheprince
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Riverside

Re: More Gang Shootings in Riverside

Unread post by Vincetheprince » November 10th, 2008, 6:43 pm

dang i kick it at the UV all the time its down the street

Vincetheprince
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Vincetheprince » December 5th, 2008, 7:19 pm

talkin bout gang shootings some guy from 2c (clark crips, colombia crips, or colombia and clark crips) got shot up, he lived, he's just on crutches it took him like 2-3 weeks to recover

Vincetheprince
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Vincetheprince » December 17th, 2008, 9:41 pm

another shooting was over the weekend, some lame ass 12's shot 2 innocent mexicans to death fuck those lames, R.I.P. homies

tysuave
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: vegas

Unread post by tysuave » December 18th, 2008, 1:30 am

Vincetheprince wrote:another shooting was over the weekend, some lame ass 12's shot 2 innocent mexicans to death fu-- those lames, R.I.P. homies

THEY WASENT NO INNOCENT MEXICANS

Vincetheprince
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Vincetheprince » December 18th, 2008, 2:51 pm

my homie the 16 yr old was INNOCENT he didn't bang, he was at a party

monsta6060
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: rsc