Russian Prisons

There are many that believe California's Prison Rehabilitation System and other systems around the world have more sinister purpose outside of incarceration. Discuss prison topics here in California, throughout the United States and Internationally.

Russian Prisons

Postby Invincible » December 30th, 2003, 6:00 pm

I have a cousin in Belarus who is serving 5 years for some petty crimes and stealing a car. The Russian prision system is probally one of the worst prision systems in the world. The abuse/violence is barley ever stopped if ever. People get killed their like flies, the government sees that as a form of punishment so they don't reform anything.
In United States and Canada you get cable while in a Russian prision you don't even get a tolilet just a hole in the ground that rarley has a working sewage system.

SOmeone wrote this on another forum. Is this true?
if your not for us your against us- George W. Relected president.
User avatar
Invincible
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
 
Posts: 2614
Joined: December 8th, 2003, 11:10 pm

Re: Russian Prisons

Postby PolakoMafia » January 19th, 2004, 12:20 am

That culture is based on a long tradition, and comes from the criminal underworld. The "laws" in prison are laws of the criminal underworld. Same as customs and morality. That's because career criminals ("ugolovniki") are organized, and they force everyone to follow their rules. Slang, the so-called "fenia", was not developed in prison. No one knows how far back it goes, but already in the late 19th century Russia there were linguistic studies of it.
"Nobody crosses the Brotherhood and lives"
-Pachenco, Death Race
PolakoMafia
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
 
Posts: 745
Joined: June 14th, 2003, 12:14 am

Re: Russian Prisons

Postby MississippiLuv » January 19th, 2004, 12:17 pm

PolakoMafia wrote:That culture is based on a long tradition, and comes from the criminal underworld. The "laws" in prison are laws of the criminal underworld. Same as customs and morality. That's because career criminals ("ugolovniki") are organized, and they force everyone to follow their rules. Slang, the so-called "fenia", was not developed in prison. No one knows how far back it goes, but already in the late 19th century Russia there were linguistic studies of it.


To add to what PolakoMafia said, the vor v zakonye ("thieves-in-law") is an order so to speak of elite criminals which trace their history back to the time of the Czars. They developed in Russian prison camps. They were sworn to a very rigid code that states you never will work in a legitimate job, never pay taxes, refuse to fight in the army, and never, for any reason, cooperate with the police or State unless to trick them.

A giant eagle with razor-shape talons on their chest signifies their status as vors; tattoos on their kneecap meant they would not bow to anyone. They also set up a community criminal fund, the obshchak, to bribe officials, finance their operations, and help inmates and their families.

Stalin tried to break them up by recruiting some of them to fight during the Second World War and those who did go fight were rewarded by being arrested and thrown back in prison with the same vors who had refused to fight; also being thrown back in not only as traitors to the criminal code but also now referred to as suki or "bi*****". At night the Arctic concentration camps grew miserably cold and that's when knives were unsheathed and the suki and the vors hacked each other to pieces; barracks were bombed and set on fire. The "Vors Wars" lasted from 1945 to 1953. At the end of this time, the vors had ultimate authority in the prisons, even over wardens. They imported liquor, narcotics, and women.

That's just a general history of the Russian prison system and it's criminal underworld.
MississippiLuv
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 6
Joined: January 18th, 2004, 6:02 pm

Re: Russian Prisons

Postby nasr » August 2nd, 2004, 10:56 pm

Yeah concerning this. Manny people ask me, why do people get really shorter (compared to U.S.A), sentences then they would otherwise get in Cali. That's b/c of the prisons. Controrary to the said above arguments, most (no the maximum sec ones) prisons aren't as harsh as was said. The conditions are pretty bad, but people work to survive them.

Respect
nasr
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 2
Joined: August 2nd, 2004, 1:19 am

Re: Russian Prisons

Postby flame_guards_member1 » April 17th, 2008, 3:53 pm

Invincible wrote:
I have a cousin in Belarus who is serving 5 years for some petty crimes and stealing a car. The Russian prision system is probally one of the worst prision systems in the world. The abuse/violence is barley ever stopped if ever. People get killed their like flies, the government sees that as a form of punishment so they don't reform anything.
In United States and Canada you get cable while in a Russian prision you don't even get a tolilet just a hole in the ground that rarley has a working sewage system.

SOmeone wrote this on another forum. Is this true?


That's very true.

Besides that, they sleep on the ground which is concrete, and maybe they'll be lucky enough to get a blanket.

They beat people randomly. People get broken bones and other severe injuries such as interal organs getting raptured from beatings, and alot die by getting killed or commit suicide.
flame_guards_member1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
 
Posts: 557
Joined: April 5th, 2007, 11:19 am

Re: Russian Prisons

Postby Sentenza » April 21st, 2008, 9:39 am

flame_guards_member1 wrote:
Invincible wrote:
I have a cousin in Belarus who is serving 5 years for some petty crimes and stealing a car. The Russian prision system is probally one of the worst prision systems in the world. The abuse/violence is barley ever stopped if ever. People get killed their like flies, the government sees that as a form of punishment so they don't reform anything.
In United States and Canada you get cable while in a Russian prision you don't even get a tolilet just a hole in the ground that rarley has a working sewage system.

SOmeone wrote this on another forum. Is this true?


That's very true.

Besides that, they sleep on the ground which is concrete, and maybe they'll be lucky enough to get a blanket.

They beat people randomly. People get broken bones and other severe injuries such as interal organs getting raptured from beatings, and alot die by getting killed or commit suicide.


Fortunately i have never been in a Russian prison, but from what i have heard they treat people like beasts there and have Typhus, Cholera and all that shit.

Take this for example:


TB Corrective Institution (ColonyNo.10)

Location: Kaisk, 145 kilometres from Nizhny Novgorod



The colony was built in the 1940s. It has a ward with 250 beds for the seriously ill.

The colony can accommodate up to 1,077 people at any time. The average yearly number of prisoners was 1,240 in 1995, 1,890 in 1996 and 2,100 in 1997. As many as 70% of the convicts suffer from acute forms of tuberculosis (collapsed lungs). Of them 80% require treatment in wards, but there are not enough beds. The colony has only 40% of the required number of doctors, therefore the patients frequently have to wait in line outside for treatment.

The colony received just an eighth of its required funding from the federal budget in 1997.

A total of 158 people died in the colony between January 1 and October 21, 1997. The number of deaths is expected to increase to 340 in 1998. In the first 10 months of 1977, 600 prisoners released on completion of their sentences had an acute form of TB, and 170 recovered.

Expenditures on food for convicts totaled 4,000 rubles ($0.7) per person per day, and expenditures on treatment 2,000 rubles in 1997. By comparison, expenditures on treatment at a city tuberculosis clinic were 50,000 rubles ($8.3) for bed patients and 20,000 rubles ($3.3) for out-patients.



Seems like Mother Russia has no heart for prisoners.
User avatar
Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
 
Posts: 6390
Joined: January 17th, 2005, 10:48 am
Location: Overseas
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Postby Sentenza » April 21st, 2008, 9:41 am

User avatar
Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
 
Posts: 6390
Joined: January 17th, 2005, 10:48 am
Location: Overseas
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Postby Old Shatterhand » April 21st, 2008, 10:48 am

Those Russian prisons look ruthless. Check out this YouTube (yes 18 or older only) video:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=kOmCdMcZz80
User avatar
Old Shatterhand
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
 
Posts: 1318
Joined: March 5th, 2006, 4:18 pm

Postby Sentenza » April 22nd, 2008, 11:06 am

Old Shatterhand wrote:Those Russian prisons look ruthless. Check out this YouTube (yes 18 or older only) video:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=kOmCdMcZz80


Torturers make me fucking sick.
User avatar
Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
 
Posts: 6390
Joined: January 17th, 2005, 10:48 am
Location: Overseas
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Postby Old Shatterhand » April 22nd, 2008, 11:57 am

Can you imagine how bad it was under Stalin? Tyrant was responsible for policies that killed 60,000,000 people. Imagine being in prison when that guy had power and there was zero accountability for what guards did. Factor in the whole Bitch War thing. It must have been unimaginable.

Sentenza wrote:
Old Shatterhand wrote:Those Russian prisons look ruthless. Check out this YouTube (yes 18 or older only) video:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=kOmCdMcZz80


Torturers make me #%@&#%@ sick.
User avatar
Old Shatterhand
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
 
Posts: 1318
Joined: March 5th, 2006, 4:18 pm

Postby Sentenza » April 23rd, 2008, 4:26 am

Old Shatterhand wrote:Can you imagine how bad it was under Stalin? Tyrant was responsible for policies that killed 60,000,000 people. Imagine being in prison when that guy had power and there was zero accountability for what guards did. Factor in the whole Bitch War thing. It must have been unimaginable.

Sentenza wrote:
Old Shatterhand wrote:Those Russian prisons look ruthless. Check out this YouTube (yes 18 or older only) video:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=kOmCdMcZz80


Torturers make me #%@&#%@ sick.


Yea those Gulags and the NKVD/MVD were no joke. Stalin was a Psychopath anyways. He murdered pretty much everyone in his way. It seems that wiping any opposition out is an accepted tool in Russian politics. First the Tzar, then the Communists and Putin is not much better. A lot of oppositionists had mysterious car accidents, ran into a bullet or died of Uranium poisoning. Or end up in a labor camp.
User avatar
Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
 
Posts: 6390
Joined: January 17th, 2005, 10:48 am
Location: Overseas
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Postby HiphopBlazer » May 15th, 2008, 1:05 am

I knew the russos were grimey but dam theyre barbaric. Damn white heathens.j/k
To Live Is To Sleep, To Die It To Truly Awaken.
User avatar
HiphopBlazer
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 7
Joined: May 7th, 2005, 12:46 am

Postby Babmuk » May 16th, 2008, 6:09 am

As i understood from the words of the last prisoner that the reason for this punishment was that prisoners went on strike(probably didn't eat couple of days)

And by the way Pahan Zony(thief whos in charge of the whole jail) dealing with Koum(right hand of the one whos in charge of that jail(officer))
Babmuk
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
 
Posts: 254
Joined: October 16th, 2007, 4:13 pm
Location: Deported to IsraHell from Canada
What city do you live in now?: Highfa

Re: Russian Prisons

Postby SlicedAlone » June 15th, 2008, 9:05 pm

From what I heard Russian prisons ain't no joke. Just google or youtube Aleksander Emelianenko.
SlicedAlone
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
 
Posts: 40
Joined: June 15th, 2008, 7:16 pm
What city do you live in now?: 661

Re: Russian Prisons

Postby Babmuk » June 17th, 2008, 5:58 pm

Oh shit!!!I was thinking he was in jail coz of tattoos.Right now seen pics with stars on the chest.Damn,it's hard to get a star.He was well respected as i understand.
Attachments
aleks.jpg
Aleksander Emelianenko
aleks.jpg (40.65 KiB) Viewed 5451 times
icon.jpg
thief in law Japonchik
icon.jpg (4.38 KiB) Viewed 5440 times
Babmuk
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
 
Posts: 254
Joined: October 16th, 2007, 4:13 pm
Location: Deported to IsraHell from Canada
What city do you live in now?: Highfa

Re: Russian Prisons

Postby razbojnik » September 14th, 2008, 10:02 am

Russian prison abuse:

User avatar
razbojnik
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
 
Posts: 3154
Joined: June 13th, 2008, 3:13 am
Location: Everywhere
What city do you live in now?: Belize Nicaragua

Re: Russian Prisons

Postby Sentenza » September 15th, 2008, 2:17 pm

No disrespect against Russians or Russia, it is a unique country with a lot of culture and deep history, but damn what always tripped me out about that country is how hardcore they are to their own citizens all over history. Russians dont fuck around and never have....From the Tzars, to the Communists to Putin, you didnt want to fuck with either of them....Or land in one of their prisons/gulags. Youll never be heard of again.
User avatar
Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
 
Posts: 6390
Joined: January 17th, 2005, 10:48 am
Location: Overseas
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Re: Russian Prisons

Postby Kara Ben Nemsi » September 21st, 2008, 9:27 am

The message here seems clear. If you are in Russia, don't go to prison.
Kara Ben Nemsi
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
 
Posts: 72
Joined: June 5th, 2008, 4:49 pm

Re: Russian Prisons

Postby visa » July 22nd, 2009, 9:01 am

Sentenza wrote:

Expenditures on food for convicts totaled 4,000 rubles ($0.7) per person per day, and expenditures on treatment 2,000 rubles in 1997. By comparison, expenditures on treatment at a city tuberculosis clinic were 50,000 rubles ($8.3) for bed patients and 20,000 rubles ($3.3) for out-patients.


here is some error because 4000 rubles is 128.29$.4 rubles per day possible,but 4000 is like hotel 5* :D

we have one movie in 14 parts(1 part 25min) of our(russian)prison history and all about our prison.good movie,a lot of things i didn't knew before.you know,foreigners in Russia are in special prison for foreigners,not with russians or another who from ex-USSR countries.
User avatar
visa
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 11
Joined: July 20th, 2009, 8:13 am
What city do you live in now?: Berlin

Postby visa » April 6th, 2012, 12:38 pm

Movie about Russian prison

User avatar
visa
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 11
Joined: July 20th, 2009, 8:13 am
What city do you live in now?: Berlin

Re: Russian Prisons

Postby visa » April 19th, 2013, 3:04 pm

Here is second part of movie

User avatar
visa
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 11
Joined: July 20th, 2009, 8:13 am
What city do you live in now?: Berlin


Return to The Prison Industrial Complex



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests