Toughest City in Europe

In this section discuss Albania [Shqipërisë], Bulgaria [България], Croatia, Macedonia [Македонија, Makedonija] and Russia [Федерация, Rossiyskaya] including any other place on the Eastern European continent.
Phily

Re: Toughest City in Europe

Unread post by Phily » November 10th, 2004, 6:33 pm

I don't Know about the rest of Europe but probably one of the roughest places in Britain is Liverpool especialy in the Walton district and down scotty road and Aintree

yoyo88

Unread post by yoyo88 » November 13th, 2004, 12:45 am

y'all are missing the one city in Euroland that is by far and away the "gang" ridden capital-TIRANA in ALBANIA. Thats a city that makes other cities seem pale in comparison. In fact its one of the most jacked up cities globally period. Dang!! jus look at all the Albania gangsters sprouting up all over the world. Even check dem dudes out in the bronx, dere some serious folks.

And thankfully I dont live there. In fact Im quite pleased not to live or take some perverse pride in having gangs allover my nhood. Nah I'll pass on the violence and drama.

NW10
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by NW10 » December 23rd, 2004, 12:34 pm

what about MOSCOW RUSSIA?

a murder rate of 19 per 100,000 rivalling Los Angeles. There are more murders in Russia than USA surely Moscow must be by far the most dangerous European city.

Moscow 19.1
Glasgow 9.8
Lisbon 9.7
Mancheser 9.2
Amsterdam 7.7
Belfast 4.4
Paris 3.3
London 3.2
Last edited by NW10 on April 18th, 2005, 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » December 26th, 2004, 3:02 pm

Stockholm has about the same rate as London.. 2002 stockholm had 4 per 100.000

and last year maybe a lil bit lower

Moscow is the worst city in Europe.. And probably worse than L.A

Noog : True... Still L.A is far from the worst

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » December 26th, 2004, 3:21 pm

true ice.!!!!!

.. why would u wanna immigrant to eastern europe ?
in general people in the west (america, canada, europe) live good compared to people in 3rd world countries..

as that contradicting guy said "there's a world outside the u.s" ..

(sorry for my english)

punamusta
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
If in the United States: Alabama
What city do you live in now?: see above

Unread post by punamusta » December 30th, 2004, 7:48 pm

NW10 wrote:DID ANYONE EVER HERE OF MOSCOW RUSSIA????

a murder rate of 19 per 100,000 rivalling Los Angeles. There are more murders in Russia than USA surely Moscow must be by far the most dangerous European city.

Moscow 19.1
Glasgow 9.8
Lisbon 9.7
Mancheser 9.2
Amsterdam 7.7
Belfast 4.4
Paris 3.3
London 3.2
You all forgot Helsinki, Finland.

"Helsinki's murder rate - 12.5 per 100,000 - is the highest in Europe after Moscow.

Every second household in Finland has a gun.

Finland has the second highest rate of gun related death in the world, second only to the United States.
"

These are taken from: http://www.discoverychannel.co.uk/euroc ... ure5.shtml

If you compare cities by violent crime rates, then Helsinki is one of the worst in Europe. But still I don't think this city is dangerous at all. Some parts of Helsinki (mostly eastern) are getting worse, but still no way Helsinki could be compared to for example Marseille. We do have gangs here, but those are only organized gangs and prison gangs. No street gangs at all.

Fuse

Unread post by Fuse » January 5th, 2005, 12:18 pm

And that thing with guns here... Hardly no hand guns at all. Most guns are hunting rifles etc... Which people have in their summer cottages and don't carry around with them. Deaths by guns have also usually nothing to do with gang violence etc... mostly some fucked up dude is drunken and shoots his family and himself or something like that. Ain't no big gangs around here except the Russian Mafia but I wouldn't consider that as a gang. Finland is exactly like Sweden so I wouldn't compare it to Belfast, London etc... because it aint like that in here with gangs. You are right about the general robberies and violence which is usually done by indivuduals not gangs though. It is kinda hard to explain the situation here because even though I live here myself I can't really explain it properly. It's like we don't have any ghettos or areas where it is not "safe" to go. We do have some bad suburbs and areas which have gathered lots of people with drug,alcohol and social problems etc.. but no ghettos. But still there are many robbieries and beat ups etc...even though it is kinda safe to move around at night too. Like I said very hard to explain.. :D

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » January 5th, 2005, 2:04 pm

from what ive heard and own experiences..

violence in finland is caused by alcohol.. finnish people is known for being alcoholics in sweden :) lol..

And in Sweden most of the robbing etc is made by immigrant youths..
Finland hardly have any immigrants.. except for russians and swedish maybe..

am i right ?

Toughest city in Europe : MOSCOW

atleast some city in Eastern Europe ... i dont believe any city in western europe or south europe is "harder" than them

Fuse

Unread post by Fuse » January 5th, 2005, 4:33 pm

Yeah you are right. Alcohol is the main cause here.. :D Because alcohol culture here is like when you drink you drink till you pass out and when people are drunk they'll start some shit.. Or when you are drunk and go alone to wrong place at 3pm you might get robbed because drunken ppl are easy targets. If you are sober and not alone it is pretty safe to go anywhere even at night but if you are drunken there is fair chance to get robbed if you go to subway etc... There are quite a few immigrants here from Somalia etc.. But not so many as in Sweden.

Wisdom
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Wisdom » January 5th, 2005, 5:11 pm

hardest city in europe has got to be one of them run down cities in eastern europe..serious tings gwanin dere all becasue they live in a fucked up place where the law dont even give a fuck and you got lil kids who can have easy access to guns and will do whatever just to try and eat...its a tottaly different context..i dont think they got time for gangs..life is too hard over dere

punamusta
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by punamusta » January 6th, 2005, 9:45 am

Fuse wrote:Yeah you are right. Alcohol is the main cause here.. :D Because alcohol culture here is like when you drink you drink till you pass out and when people are drunk they'll start some shit.. Or when you are drunk and go alone to wrong place at 3pm you might get robbed because drunken ppl are easy targets. If you are sober and not alone it is pretty safe to go anywhere even at night but if you are drunken there is fair chance to get robbed if you go to subway etc... There are quite a few immigrants here from Somalia etc.. But not so many as in Sweden.
True. Main reason for out high murder rates is alcohol, but also an amphetamine is getting really popular here. And those people do some crazy things. And our media hardly ever make news about criminals killing other criminals. That I know for sure, cause two of my friends have been shot down, but media wasn't interested about them at all. Same thing whit mafia related murders also. If somebody gets killed in some nice small town up north it's a front page material for days, but when some junkie gets shot in by an other junkie you really don't hear anything about that.
And that thing with guns here... Hardly no hand guns at all. Most guns are hunting rifles etc...
Partly true. Most of the guns here are hunting rifles etc., but there's also a lot of hand guns. Before Russian mafia came here hand guns were more uncommon, but nowadays it's a different game. You can easilly get a cheap gun from some russians, so a lot of people do carry guns whit them. Not in the nicer places of course, but in some suburbs there's a load of hand guns and sawed off shotguns.

Oh yeah, we do have big gangs here. Go to any "bad" suburb here and you'll see that. Biggest of course is Hell's Angels. Other big gangs are also biker gangs like Bandidos MC and Cannonball MC. Bandidos have been kinda quiet for a while, cause many of their older (and hardest) members are locked down or dead, but they still have a lot of members here.

P.S. Niille suomalaisille, jotka mahdollisesti tunnistaa mut, niin olkaa ystävällisiä älkääkä levitelkö näitä mun juttuja näiden sivujen ulkopuolelle. Siihen on nimittäin selvä syy miksi puhun näistä täällä enkä millään suomalaisella foorumilla.

MEXENG

Unread post by MEXENG » January 10th, 2005, 2:43 pm

Just wnat to stick up for one of the cities stated on this thread. And that is Manchester. Come on guys it a good 10-15 years since the days of the Happy mondays, Madchester, hacienda, rave house scene. Moss side has gone quiet the Gooch and Doddies are never heard from these days. yeah true you have your fights in the city, and Longsight, cheetham hill mob are still knocking around. but really they seem to have gone on to bigger things than mear terrortry, and in fighting.

yes Manchester is a hard place, And having sent much of the last 2 years in The secnd largest city in mexico I know that if you can handle your shit here you can handle it anywhere. But this is more than just saturday night piss heads kicking off. it gangs. I'm not saying there aren't any but thay are no longer as prevailent as the early 90's.

Manchester is still a party town, but now is more affluent than before. the only thing I suppse that we have to be sorry about is birthing the gang style in the first place. But it seems we have moved on. Come to Manchester to party at night. And you very rarly see any problems unless you go looking for it. But as for gangs. real gangs. Unless you count the big boys. The the rest are just kiddies trying to bang and looking stupid while they do it. nothing a swift kicking doesn't sort out.

Increase the peace guys!!

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana

Unread post by Lonewolf » January 10th, 2005, 2:46 pm

Since you mentioned the 2nd largest city in Mexico, dow do you rate the Barrio Gangs of Guanatos?

Wisdom
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Wisdom » January 10th, 2005, 8:16 pm

lizard wrote:
Fuse wrote:Yeah you are right. Alcohol is the main cause here.. :D Because alcohol culture here is like when you drink you drink till you pass out and when people are drunk they'll start some shit.. Or when you are drunk and go alone to wrong place at 3pm you might get robbed because drunken ppl are easy targets. If you are sober and not alone it is pretty safe to go anywhere even at night but if you are drunken there is fair chance to get robbed if you go to subway etc... There are quite a few immigrants here from Somalia etc.. But not so many as in Sweden.
True. Main reason for out high murder rates is alcohol, but also an amphetamine is getting really popular here. And those people do some crazy things. And our media hardly ever make news about criminals killing other criminals. That I know for sure, cause two of my friends have been shot down, but media wasn't interested about them at all. Same thing whit mafia related murders also. If somebody gets killed in some nice small town up north it's a front page material for days, but when some junkie gets shot in by an other junkie you really don't hear anything about that.
And that thing with guns here... Hardly no hand guns at all. Most guns are hunting rifles etc...
Partly true. Most of the guns here are hunting rifles etc., but there's also a lot of hand guns. Before Russian mafia came here hand guns were more uncommon, but nowadays it's a different game. You can easilly get a cheap gun from some russians, so a lot of people do carry guns whit them. Not in the nicer places of course, but in some suburbs there's a load of hand guns and sawed off shotguns.

Oh yeah, we do have big gangs here. Go to any "bad" suburb here and you'll see that. Biggest of course is Hell's Angels. Other big gangs are also biker gangs like Bandidos MC and Cannonball MC. Bandidos have been kinda quiet for a while, cause many of their older (and hardest) members are locked down or dead, but they still have a lot of members here.

P.S. Niille suomalaisille, jotka mahdollisesti tunnistaa mut, niin olkaa ystävällisiä älkääkä levitelkö näitä mun juttuja näiden sivujen ulkopuolelle. Siihen on nimittäin selvä syy miksi puhun näistä täällä enkä millään suomalaisella foorumilla.
sorry to sound ignorant, but are there a lot of black people in Finland?

punamusta
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by punamusta » January 11th, 2005, 10:58 am

Wisdom wrote:sorry to sound ignorant, but are there a lot of black people in Finland?
No, not much. In Helsinki there's much more blacks and other ethnic groups than elsewhere in the country, but still not much. I'd say that in Helsinki about 10% have some other background than finnish. Most immigrants here are from Somalia, Russia and former Yugoslavian countries.

Our government's immigrant policy has always been extremely strict. I really don't know why, but that's how it is. But I'm sure that that will change as soon as older generation is gone and today's youth will take their place in politics. Younger people here are way more open-minded than older people. Especially in bigger cities.

Unread post by Guest » January 13th, 2005, 8:54 am

Swedens toughest city is Malmö no doubt, "Malmoe." If here's any swedes, you can back me up on this one. 8/10 youths are immigrants(irak, iran etc) and they do the most crimes there. The crimes has grown alot since 90s.

PS: I haven't read all the posts, so not sure if someone allready has said Malmoe.

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » January 13th, 2005, 9:07 am

U know.. when something happens in Stockholm it doesnt get as much publicity as when something happens in Malmö..

according to http://www.bra.se Stockholm has a higher murder rate per 100.000 and about the same "Crime rate" (robberies etc) as Malmö..

But yes malmö is gettin' more violent..they also has their "ghettos" (well... bad areas) in the innercity while stockholms bad areas are in the suburbs and "outer" innercity

Unread post by Guest » January 13th, 2005, 9:14 am

Hmm true. The fight between white and "black" in sthlm is getting quite big. Not too long time ago a 14 year old white boy(he was racist or something like that) got killed.

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » January 13th, 2005, 11:21 am

not black

but more arabs and muslims..

Unread post by Guest » January 13th, 2005, 11:27 am

yea, i ment those.. but not sure what word to use for em. in my town, i know some african dudes, shit man.. they're f**king cool.. i was partying with one of em, i was like, if the racists starts anything we will get em. he said "naw man, we're gona party and have fun." some racists from köping was here at that time.. and the young muslims/arabs are TOO damn c**ky here in the town.. well, in most of the swedish towns..

Individual
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Individual » January 18th, 2005, 3:19 pm

TOUGHEST CITY??

I WOULD SAY ALMOST ANYWHERE IN EASTERN EUROPE

the slavok countries..its not street gangs..but that shit is all fucked up

kenni
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by kenni » January 18th, 2005, 3:29 pm

Individual wrote:TOUGHEST CITY??

I WOULD SAY ALMOST ANYWHERE IN EASTERN EUROPE

the slavok countries..its not street gangs..but that shit is all #%@& up
yea, the slavok countries could be nominated as the toughest city in europe.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Unread post by Sentenza » January 24th, 2005, 7:29 am

i d say it depends....there are some tough cities in europe, depends on where you go in that city.
You can have a nice time in Naples and then you can get your ass shot over something aswell.
My suggestions would be:
Moscow
Naples/ some sicilian cities
Tirana
some parts of Paris/Marseille
some eastern european sities...

Mraka
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Mraka » January 24th, 2005, 8:11 am

Zagreb/Croatia went bad
skins are on the rise

Helms
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Helms » January 24th, 2005, 3:28 pm

St. Petersberg Russia is supposed to be a pit. Beautiful buildings surrounded by drugs, whores and gangs.

Kemosave
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Kemosave » January 24th, 2005, 8:39 pm

Friends who have traveled there in the past and recently with USC and relatives (who married a St. Petersburg girls) say the same. You are correct.

gino
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by gino » February 9th, 2005, 7:03 pm

i say eastern europe is the worst. its got a lot of poverty a fuck load of drugs and gangs or mafia's ,connections up the ass, shitty poor payin jobs etc. u got germany yah its bad but wen u look at the stats in germany alot of the red light district shootings r caused by slavics and turks so wherever u r ther r certian parts that aint the best . ye LA has parts that r fuckedd up more then places in europe same goes the other way. i m polish & yah polska is relli fucked but im not gunna go glorifing it and thats wat it seems like lots of ppl r doin on here. its crime wouldnt u rather live in a place where u can just kik it and make sum good money without having to watch ur ass everywhere ur at?

TheWiseOne
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by TheWiseOne » March 25th, 2005, 1:14 pm

[quote="Mohammed Ali"]What do you think is the roughest city in Europe ? What makes you think that?[/quote]

I think Manchester Then Leeds..... Because the worst gang members,murders, and other violent stuff is all commited in Manchester but the people who do it actually come from Leeds and Glasgow.

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » March 25th, 2005, 1:42 pm

oh.. surprise surprise .. youre from ENGLAND

NW10
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by NW10 » March 25th, 2005, 11:54 pm

Zoheb Raja wrote:
Mohammed Ali wrote:What do you think is the roughest city in Europe ? What makes you think that?
I think Manchester Then Leeds..... Because the worst gang members,murders, and other violent stuff is all commited in Manchester but the people who do it actually come from Leeds and Glasgow.
Could this be anymore untrue. Glasgow is more violent than Manchester and that is down to Glaswgian criminals. Liverpool and Manchester are the most dangerous cities in England in terms of the most violent crimes again which are committed mainly by local inhabitants. Many cities in England are worse than Leeds (London, Nottingham, Birmingham).

Most Violent Crimes Per 1000 and murder rate per 100,000 (2003)

Glasgow 14.9 & 9.7
Manchester 13.5 & 9.2
Nottingham 11.3 & 7.5
Liverpool 9.2 & 5.5
Birmingham 9.1 & 3.8
Leeds 6.2 & 1.9

The worst violent crime committed by gangs in Manchester has nothing to do with Leeds and Glasgow. The gangs in Manchester started off as groups of children who attended the same schools and hung around together in Manchester estates, chiefly Greenheys and Longsight area. They started off committing petty crime together, then got older started running drugs and taking part in more serious crimes such as robbery, burglary, murder and gun violence. I could go on but you get the point. I take it you are from Leeds?

TheWiseOne
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by TheWiseOne » March 26th, 2005, 8:33 am

no, but thats what ive heard.

Jacator

Unread post by Jacator » April 3rd, 2005, 1:35 pm

I think that the west Europe is most dangerous. I'm from Poland &
all I can say is that we have problems with mafia that is conectted
with PRESIDENT!!! that doesn't sound good. Now we have drug problems cuz there's a new drug from Russia. I don't know why but we got some groups of neo nazists. Only in poor countries R many gangsters (exept
USA with imigrants)

Return to “Europe (Eastern)”