Top 5 Biggest Organized Crime Syndicates In The World

In this section discuss Albania [Shqipërisë], Bulgaria [България], Croatia, Macedonia [Македонија, Makedonija] and Russia [Федерация, Rossiyskaya] including any other place on the Eastern European continent.
TeeKay
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by TeeKay » May 17th, 2008, 6:25 pm

JohnnyRed wrote:
Faciulina wrote:world rank

1) italian mafia
2) colombians
3) chinese triads
4) albanians
5) russians

wrong,
Global ranks.

1) Russians,
2) Italians,
3) Albanians,
4) Japs,
5) Colombians.

Europe ranks,

1) Albanians,
2) Italians & Russians.
3) rest dont matter because those three are making big impacts, the rest are on the small scale of things.
Johhny do everyone a favour here and dont post on here,even your old buddy ronnie gave up on defending your view point after he realised how gay your fan boy groupie attidude was.

Faciulina
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Faciulina » May 18th, 2008, 8:38 am

i'm not albanian, but why the kosovars/albanians can't be stronger than russians in europe? they control mostly of the heroin today like the turkish, the french connection and the italian mafia in the past, they probably have stronger links with the italians than the russians, so i suppose they earn billions, although the heroin is on decline now is still a good business, they are more compact than russians and they probably are larger in numbers across europe, they are everywhere, germany, switzerland, north italy, czech republic, hungary... in greece they are 1 million, tell me an only reason because they can't be stronger than russians, maybe because russia is bigger than albania? :lol: we are talking about mafias here not countries, china has over 1 billions inhabitants but the triads are not the strongest mafia

Richboy17
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Richboy17 » May 18th, 2008, 9:37 am

It dont really matter how much men u have in your syndicate. If it was based on that then I would say the MS13 or Crips are the most powerful criminal gangs in the world because they have over hundreds of thousands of members. The crime syndicate is based on how much money and power of influence they have.

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » May 18th, 2008, 4:39 pm

Faciulina wrote:i'm not albanian, but why the kosovars/albanians can't be stronger than russians in europe? they control mostly of the heroin today like the turkish, the french connection and the italian mafia in the past, they probably have stronger links with the italians than the russians, so i suppose they earn billions, although the heroin is on decline now is still a good business, they are more compact than russians and they probably are larger in numbers across europe, they are everywhere, germany, switzerland, north italy, czech republic, hungary... in greece they are 1 million, tell me an only reason because they can't be stronger than russians, maybe because russia is bigger than albania? :lol: we are talking about mafias here not countries, china has over 1 billions inhabitants but the triads are not the strongest mafia
The size of an organization isn't the only factor, but it is a factor. The Russian mob is far bigger than the Albanian mob and is more widespread and entrenched throughout Europe. The Russians are far more sophisticated, make more money, are better politically connected, and have more interests and money laundered in Europe's legitimate economy. The Russians control many of the biggest human trafficking/prostitution rings in Europe (and the world) and are the biggest arms traffickers in both Europe and the world. It is true that 80% of the heroin destined for Europe is smuggled through the Balkans, which is mainly controlled by Albanian groups. But much of those smuggling activities (not just drugs, but also immigrants, arms, cigarettes, etc.) are done in conjunction with Italian groups. And much of that heroin the Albanians smuggle goes to Russia. In all of the government reports I have ever read, or law enforcement agents I have spoken with, the Albanians have never been on the same level as the Russians. The Albanians are international but the Russians are global.

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » May 18th, 2008, 4:49 pm

Richboy17 wrote:It dont really matter how much men u have in your syndicate. If it was based on that then I would say the MS13 or Crips are the most powerful criminal gangs in the world because they have over hundreds of thousands of members. The crime syndicate is based on how much money and power of influence they have.
Federal and state authorities estimate that the Crips have approximately 30,000 members in 221 cities across the U.S. MS-13 has approximately 30,000 members, of which 8,000 to 10,000 are in 42 states in the U.S, most of the rest being in Central American nations.

Faciulina
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Faciulina » May 19th, 2008, 9:38 am

i doubt the crips or ms-13 have so many members, be serious do you really think they are able to run so much people? they have not any specific rules or hierarchy, so how they can? yes, they are the largest street gangs in the word but nothing also, just street gangs, the italian mafia has 200.000 members in italy only, and all them have specifc rules and a hierarchy, so it is far the largest criminal syndicate in the world

JohnnyRed
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by JohnnyRed » May 19th, 2008, 2:21 pm

Faciulina wrote:i'm not albanian, but why the kosovars/albanians can't be stronger than russians in europe? they control mostly of the heroin today like the turkish, the french connection and the italian mafia in the past, they probably have stronger links with the italians than the russians, so i suppose they earn billions, although the heroin is on decline now is still a good business, they are more compact than russians and they probably are larger in numbers across europe, they are everywhere, germany, switzerland, north italy, czech republic, hungary... in greece they are 1 million, tell me an only reason because they can't be stronger than russians, maybe because russia is bigger than albania? :lol: we are talking about mafias here not countries, china has over 1 billions inhabitants but the triads are not the strongest mafia

because you see faciulina westside here is god. he came down to tell us the prophets of the mafia. whose bigger and where. he uses big words and capitolizes his letters and trys to show alot of data that is totally irrelevent in the case and all the sudden were supposed to believe him.

i sent like like 100 links at once one time all saying that the albanian mafia is by far the strongest in europe. and has political connections as high up as presidents and is heavily invested in europes legal economy. he shut up afterwards he has nothing more to say. no more stupid responses he just kept saying yeah yeah what ever, i cant talk to you your ignorant and such. if you cant talk then why are you on forum you 33 year old fucking faggot get offline you dick. honestly i have never typed online before but westside and flames guard kept me on here so much. westside is an italian dick riding faggot no joke.

go read my links again westside than come back here and say something. or wait you never read them because according to you and only you, all my sources are totally BS. only your shit is official.

Carmelo_Sicily
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Carmelo_Sicily » May 19th, 2008, 3:07 pm

JohnnyRed wrote:

because you see faciulina westside here is god. he came down to tell us the prophets of the mafia. whose bigger and where. he uses big words and capitolizes his letters and trys to show alot of data that is totally irrelevent in the case and all the sudden were supposed to believe him.

i sent like like 100 links at once one time all saying that the albanian mafia is by far the strongest in europe. and has political connections as high up as presidents and is heavily invested in europes legal economy. he shut up afterwards he has nothing more to say. no more stupid responses he just kept saying yeah yeah what ever, i cant talk to you your ignorant and such. if you cant talk then why are you on forum you 33 year old #%@&#%@ faggot get offline you dick. honestly i have never typed online before but westside and flames guard kept me on here so much. westside is an italian dick riding faggot no joke.

go read my links again westside than come back here and say something. or wait you never read them because according to you and only you, all my sources are totally BS. only your shit is official.
JohnnyRed go suck a dick or something...everything you post is bs.

NorthPhilly
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Philly

Unread post by NorthPhilly » May 19th, 2008, 3:42 pm

The Yakuza are actually the largest Organized Crime body in the world.

Faciulina
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Faciulina » May 19th, 2008, 4:21 pm

again northphilly, italian mafia has 275.000 members worldwide (220.000 in italy only), yakuza 90.000, who's the largest? if you learnerd a bit mathematics at school it's easy to answer :lol:
the italian mafia alone is large as all the others big crime syndicate togheter (yakuza, triads, russians etc...)

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » May 19th, 2008, 6:53 pm

Faciulina wrote:i doubt the crips or ms-13 have so many members, be serious do you really think they are able to run so much people? they have not any specific rules or hierarchy, so how they can? yes, they are the largest street gangs in the word but nothing also, just street gangs, the italian mafia has 200.000 members in italy only, and all them have specifc rules and a hierarchy, so it is far the largest criminal syndicate in the world
It shouldn't be difficult to believe major gangs like the Crips and MS-13 have that many members. At the same time, it should be remembered that the Crips aren't a single group, as MS-13 isn't either. They are made up of hundreds of smaller groups that often have no ties to each other. Their size and propensity for violence are huge problems but they are not on the level of organized crime for the most part.
JohnnyRed wrote:because you see faciulina westside here is god. he came down to tell us the prophets of the mafia. whose bigger and where. he uses big words and capitolizes his letters and trys to show alot of data that is totally irrelevent in the case and all the sudden were supposed to believe him.

You're trying to bash me for using capitalization and using big words? Sorry Johnny. I guess I should start dumbing down my posts for you.
i sent like like 100 links at once one time all saying that the albanian mafia is by far the strongest in europe. and has political connections as high up as presidents and is heavily invested in europes legal economy. he shut up afterwards he has nothing more to say. no more stupid responses he just kept saying yeah yeah what ever, i cant talk to you your ignorant and such. if you cant talk then why are you on forum you 33 year old #%@&#%@ faggot get offline you dick. honestly i have never typed online before but westside and flames guard kept me on here so much. westside is an italian dick riding faggot no joke.
Oh I have plenty to say. The majority of your links are from highly questionable sources. Even Ronnie said that. And like I've said a hundred times now, you have to take all of the available evidence concerning all of the crime groups in question when making comparisons. Most of your study has been on Albanian organized crime alone. As a result, you only see it from only one angle. And as has been evident for so long, you're perfectly content with that because you aren't concerned with the facts. Just with pumping up the Albanian mob because you are Albanian. And when I or other people call you on your BS you start pouting like a little baby and calling names and throwing out insults. Don't blame me because nobody believes your hype. You simply haven't presented a good enough argument. And, for the record, I'm not 33. Not that I'm sure what my age has to do with anything.
NorthPhilly wrote:The Yakuza are actually the largest Organized Crime body in the world.
The Triads are actually slightly bigger than the Yakuza.
Faciulina wrote:again northphilly, italian mafia has 275.000 members worldwide (220.000 in italy only), yakuza 90.000, who's the largest? if you learnerd a bit mathematics at school it's easy to answer
the italian mafia alone is large as all the others big crime syndicate togheter (yakuza, triads, russians etc...)
To be accurate, you really shouldn't say the Italian Mafia has 275,000 members. It has at most 25,000 members with an estimated ten times as many associates.

Faciulina
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Faciulina » May 20th, 2008, 8:31 am

To be accurate, you really shouldn't say the Italian Mafia has 275,000 members. It has at most 25,000 members with an estimated ten times as many associates
well... for the same reason you can't say the yakuza has 90.000 or triads 80.000, they are not all made members and they are not an unique organization
the crips and ms-13 are not an unique organization too, the only commun thing is probably some suburban slaying from american ghetto's and some members of guatemalteca guerrilla, but they are just street gangs, they are a joke compared to the italian mafia... instead it was several times showed that cosa nostra is a monolith, an unique organization with rules and hierarchy both in usa and italy, the camorra and ndrangheta are all connected each other too, they have rules and hierachy and initiation rites like cosa nostra, so the definitely the italian mafia is more compact than others, anyway the yakuza is compact too

mr.krupula

Re: Top 5 Biggest Organized Crime Syndicates In The World

Unread post by mr.krupula » June 7th, 2008, 12:27 am

iIT IS
    N1.MEXICAN DRUG CARTELS N2. SOUTH AMERICAN DRUG CARTELS. N3 ITALIAN MOB. N4 TRIADS. N5 MS-13

mr.krupula

Unread post by mr.krupula » June 7th, 2008, 12:35 am

I PUT THE MEXICAN DRUG CARTELS FIRST BECAUSE THEY PREATTY HAVE EVRYTHING IN CONTROL IN THE MAIN COUNTRY THE U.S THEY ARE THE ONES WHO ARE FLOODING THE THE U.S AND SOME OTHER COUNTRIES IN THE WORLD WHIT DRUGS THEY ARE BRUTAL,VIOLENT,..THEY CUT UR HEAD I HAERD THAT A GROUP CALLE LOS ZETAS EVEN TROUHG U IN WHIT A TIGER ,THEY KILL SOMEONE AND THEY KILL THERE FAMILIES ,THERE MAKING MILLIONS EVERY MONTH AND BILLIONS EVERY YEAR ,FROM COCAINE,WEED,METH,EXTACY,THEY HAVE EVRERYTHING THEY KILL ANY BODY WHO THINK IS IN THERE WAY.AND THE CARTELS ARE ALWAYS GROWING.

thewestside
    Super Heavy Weight
    Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » June 7th, 2008, 5:53 am

mr.krupula wrote:iIT IS
    N1.MEXICAN DRUG CARTELS N2. SOUTH AMERICAN DRUG CARTELS. N3 ITALIAN MOB. N4 TRIADS. N5 MS-13
    mr.krupula wrote:I PUT THE MEXICAN DRUG CARTELS FIRST BECAUSE THEY PREATTY HAVE EVRYTHING IN CONTROL IN THE MAIN COUNTRY THE U.S THEY ARE THE ONES WHO ARE FLOODING THE THE U.S AND SOME OTHER COUNTRIES IN THE WORLD WHIT DRUGS THEY ARE BRUTAL,VIOLENT,..THEY CUT UR HEAD I HAERD THAT A GROUP CALLE LOS ZETAS EVEN TROUHG U IN WHIT A TIGER ,THEY KILL SOMEONE AND THEY KILL THERE FAMILIES ,THERE MAKING MILLIONS EVERY MONTH AND BILLIONS EVERY YEAR ,FROM COCAINE,WEED,METH,EXTACY,THEY HAVE EVRERYTHING THEY KILL ANY BODY WHO THINK IS IN THERE WAY.AND THE CARTELS ARE ALWAYS GROWING.
    The Mexican cartels are certainly one of the biggest and most powerful. As the Colombians have scaled back their operations to mainly the production and supply end, so as to avoid law enforcement, the Mexicans have been able to take control of most of the smuggling and upper wholesale operations in the U.S. They now control the supply of most illegal drugs (cocaine, heroin, marijuana, meth, etc.) in every part of the country except for the Northeast and parts of Florida. However, they have begun to move into those areas as well, and will likely be the main suppliers there in another decade or so. Beyond that, they have begun to operate in Canada to a limited extent, but that's about it. The Mexicans are international but not global like some other groups are.

The Mexicans are currently going through the same situation that the Italians and Colombians did during the 1980's and 1990's, fighting amongst themselves, as well as with the government. The two biggest cartels in Mexico are the Sinaloa and Gulf cartels. Both have paramilitary groups that work for them as enforcement arms - Los Negros for the Sinaloa cartel and Los Zetas for the Gulf cartel. They protect drug shipments and kill the cartel's rivals. The two have been fighting with each other for the last several years now over who will control the majority of drugs entering the southern border. Thousands have been killed, including many civilians caught in the crossfire. Due to pressure from the U.S. government, the Mexican government has begun to crack down harder on the cartels. The cartels are finding it harder to get their way by simple bribery and intimidation, so like the Italians and Colombians before them, they have begun to fight back against the Mexican government itself. Scores of police officers have been killed and many others have quit so they won't be. As a result, the Mexican government has called out the military to help fight the cartels. The Mexicans have proven to be just as violent as the Italians, Colombians, and other groups but not necessarily more so.

As before, I avoid rating the world's major crime syndicates because it isn't tennis rankings. Each control their own operations in their own territory. As far as a list of the biggest and most powerful in the world, that would include (in no particular order) the Italians, Russians, Albanians, Colombians, Mexicans, Chinese, and Japanese. MS-13 doesn't belong on that list.

Azure9920
    Heavy Weight
    Heavy Weight
    What city do you live in now?: --

Unread post by Azure9920 » June 7th, 2008, 9:56 am

Why would you even think of putting MS 13 anywhere near the top 100 groups in the world?

You've been watching farrrr too much CNN.

MS 13 is highly "over-rated" and they don't hold down anything...anywhere.

Faciulina
    Light Heavy Weight
    Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Faciulina » June 8th, 2008, 11:24 am

ms-13 can be among the top 100 groups in the world, but they seem to be a joke compared to italian mafia they are street gangs what control in the reality some little drug trafficking, some blocks of their neighbourhood? they don't have any longetivity and continuity, i bet they will disappear in 10 years but i could be wrong, the mafia is present in usa since the end of 1800s and it never disappeared

RONNIE
    Middle Weight
    Middle Weight

Unread post by RONNIE » June 14th, 2008, 5:39 pm

MS-13 in the Top-100? Easily

Sure they are not really well organized, but they are definitely scarier than many OC groups.
    The biggest reason for that being that street gangs are usually copmprised of pathetic low-life scum.

Azure9920
    Heavy Weight
    Heavy Weight
    What city do you live in now?: --

Unread post by Azure9920 » June 14th, 2008, 8:10 pm

RONNIE wrote:MS-13 in the Top-100? Easily

Sure they are not really well organized, but they are definitely scarier than many OC groups.
    The biggest reason for that being that street gangs are usually copmprised of pathetic low-life scum.
    There are probably a good 50 sets in LA that hold it down harder than MS does....I wouldn't even put them on the same level as 6 Owes...Like I said, the media over plays them way too much, they dont hold down any major nhoods, they dont make any noise at all besides on CNN. PLUS, they aren't an OC syndicate..

Vincetheprince
    Light Heavy Weight
    Light Heavy Weight
    What city do you live in now?: Riverside

Unread post by Vincetheprince » June 25th, 2008, 6:01 pm

La eMe is #1 on the list as for the rest idk but MS-13 shouldn't be on the top 5 thats for sure, they're overrated and like Azure9920 said thier are plenty of sets that hold it down harder/more than MS i doubt thier are 50 but I could be wrong...MS is strong but have no organization and the reason that they're not as strong as they should be is because they are spread out in soooooooo many states so how can they hold down any hoods if they're spread out and they're not even that deep how can a gang be deep in one place if they're spread in "40" states....don't get brainwashed by cnn.....don't get me wrong you shouldn't fuck with MS-13 but they are said to be so much more than they really are

thewestside
    Super Heavy Weight
    Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » June 25th, 2008, 6:30 pm

Vincetheprince wrote:La eMe is #1 on the list as for the rest idk but MS-13 shouldn't be on the top 5 thats for sure, they're overrated and like Azure9920 said thier are plenty of sets that hold it down harder/more than MS i doubt thier are 50 but I could be wrong...MS is strong but have no organization and the reason that they're not as strong as they should be is because they are spread out in soooooooo many states so how can they hold down any hoods if they're spread out and they're not even that deep how can a gang be deep in one place if they're spread in "40" states....don't get brainwashed by cnn.....don't get me wrong you shouldn't fu-- with MS-13 but they are said to be so much more than they really are
    La Eme is #1 on what list?

Vincetheprince
    Light Heavy Weight
    Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Vincetheprince » June 25th, 2008, 6:37 pm

Biggest Organized Crime Syndicates In The World, La eMe pretty much has the drug trade controlled in the main country in my opinion which is the USA and they run the prisons in California and give orders to all their followers (200,000 +/-)

Richboy17
    Middle Weight
    Middle Weight

Unread post by Richboy17 » June 25th, 2008, 7:32 pm

Vincetheprince wrote:Biggest Organized Crime Syndicates In The World, La eMe pretty much has the drug trade controlled in the main country in my opinion which is the USA and they run the prisons in California and give orders to all their followers (200,000 +/-)
    Yeh the 200,000 are just lil surenos and the OGs. There are about 160 or more made members in LA Eme, because it takes work to get in. They have only retail distrubutation in the West Coast and are supplied by rich Mexican Cartels. They might be the strongest in prison, but not in the outs except for California. The Mexican and Colombian cartels are the biggest in the world not La Eme. Also the Mafia, Yakuza, Russians, etc.

Richboy17
    Middle Weight
    Middle Weight

Unread post by Richboy17 » June 25th, 2008, 7:34 pm

RONNIE wrote:MS-13 in the Top-100? Easily

Any organized groups will crush these lil fucks. From what I herd this gang is mostly filled with kids and are only deep in El Salvador. If they powerful how come thousands of them go to prison.

Vincetheprince
    Light Heavy Weight
    Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Vincetheprince » June 25th, 2008, 7:50 pm

I agree that any organized group could handle MS cuz like u said MS is mainly deep in El Salvador they're tooo spread out they are nothing compared to an organized group such as La eMe

thewestside
    Super Heavy Weight
    Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » June 25th, 2008, 10:42 pm

Vincetheprince wrote:Biggest Organized Crime Syndicates In The World, La eMe pretty much has the drug trade controlled in the main country in my opinion which is the USA and they run the prisons in California and give orders to all their followers (200,000 +/-)
    The Mexican Mafia (La Eme) and the Mexican polydrug networks in the U.S. (which are extensions of the drug cartels in Mexico) are NOT the same thing and there is really no comparing them. The groups that control the imporatation and wholesale supply of illegal drugs in most areas of the country, except for the Northeast and parts of Florida, are networks that work for the drug cartels based in Mexico, i.e the Sinaloa cartel, Gulf cartel, etc. The Mexican Mafia is a prison gang. While estimates vary, the average estimate is a few hundred members at most. The organization provides protection for Hispanic gang members in Southern California when incarcerated in return for a percentage of gang drug sales. The hundreds of individual Hispanic street gangs in the southern part of the state, with combined membership perhaps as high as 80,000, are not part of the Mexican Mafia. It's main influence is centered in California and certain other parts of the western U.S., though it has members in prisons across the country. In short, the Mexican Mafia is not even national in scope, let alone international, and is nowhere near the 5 biggest organized crime syndicates in the world.
    Richboy17 wrote:Yeh the 200,000 are just lil surenos and the OGs. There are about 160 or more made members in LA Eme, because it takes work to get in. They have only retail distrubutation in the West Coast and are supplied by rich Mexican Cartels. They might be the strongest in prison, but not in the outs except for California. The Mexican and Colombian cartels are the biggest in the world not La Eme. Also the Mafia, Yakuza, Russians, etc.
    Which prison gang is the strongest depends on the prison, area of the country, etc. The four major ones are the Aryan Brotherhood, Mexican Mafia, Nuestra Familia, and Black Guerilla Family. The AB and La Eme have a longstanding alliance against NF and the BGF.

Vincetheprince
    Light Heavy Weight
    Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Vincetheprince » June 25th, 2008, 10:55 pm

I looked it up and u were right, la eMe is a prison gang that run the drug trade in prison and in sur california mainly in LA...........thanx man.......so wat r the top 5 bigest organized crime syndicates in the world?

thewestside
    Super Heavy Weight
    Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » June 25th, 2008, 11:02 pm

Vincetheprince wrote:I agree that any organized group could handle MS because like u said MS is mainly deep in El Salvador they're tooo spread out they are nothing compared to an organized group such as La eMe
    Speaking of MS-13, 26 members were just charged in a federal racketeering indictment.

http://charlotte.fbi.gov/dojpressrel/2008/ce062408.htm
    Vincetheprince wrote:I looked it up and u were right, la eMe is a prison gang that run the drug trade in prison and in sur california mainly in LA...........thanx man.......so wat r the top 5 bigest organized crime syndicates in the world?
    Because estimates vary, it would be difficult to actually rank them in specific order. But the list would include (in no particular order) all of the major international crime syndicates - Colombian cartels, Mexican cartels, Italian Mafia, Russian Mob, Albanian Mob, Chinese Triads, and Japanese Yakuza.

Vincetheprince
    Light Heavy Weight
    Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Vincetheprince » June 25th, 2008, 11:07 pm

i looked through many articles and websites and it's estimated that the Mexican Mafia/La eMe has an estimated 300,000 members, have been active since 1957, and are also located in Texas, arizona, and new Mexico

Vincetheprince
    Light Heavy Weight
    Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Vincetheprince » June 25th, 2008, 11:13 pm

first off dannnnnng 26 people wow thats crazy, and ya i looked up on the organized crime stuff and i agree 100% w/u so wat in ur opinion are the top gangs nationwide? Cali?

thewestside
    Super Heavy Weight
    Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » June 25th, 2008, 11:35 pm

Vincetheprince wrote:i looked through many articles and websites and it's estimated that the Mexican Mafia/La eMe has an estimated 300,000 members, have been active since 1957, and are also located in Texas, arizona, and new Mexico
    The largest "estimate" you'll find for the Mexican Mafia is 30,000 members (link below). But that's nonsense. Both federal and state authorities have routinely estimated that the gang has a few hundred formal members at most. I've seen estimates that it has 1,000 associates though it could be more than that depending on how one defines an associate. And yes, like I said, there are Mexican Mafia members in prisons throughout the country. But their main base has always been and remains California.

http://www.insideprison.com/mexican-maf ... n-gang.asp
    first off dannnnnng 26 people wow thats crazy, and ya i looked up on the organized crime stuff and i agree 100% w/u so wat in ur opinion are the top gangs nationwide? Cali?
    Similar to ranking organized crime groups, it's difficult to rank street gangs. There are literally thousand of gangs in the U.S. with tens (if not hundreds) of thousands of members. But if one were to make a list, I assume you would see the usual ones - Crips, Bloods, Surenos, Nortenos, all the gangs in the People and Folks Nations, MS-13, Asian gangs, Motorcycle gangs, and so on.

A good site on various types of gangs can be found at the link below -

http://www.gangsorus.com/

Vincetheprince
    Light Heavy Weight
    Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Vincetheprince » June 25th, 2008, 11:46 pm

do u think wikipedia is a good source cuz i went on that and searched La eMe and thats where i got 300,000 check this link copy and paste it and search it, it's on the top right hand of the page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexican_Mafia