South Africans murders hit scary rate

Discuss Africa and the Down under region with its Pacific Islander influence.
Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

South Africans murders hit scary rate

Unread post by Mcminister » September 16th, 2006, 12:16 pm

JOHANNESBURG, South Africa - Watch your back in South Africa. They kill folks here. Murder them at a bewildering rate.

Robbers kill their victims, bystanders kill criminals, family members kill each other.

Gunbattles erupt on streets and in shopping malls. Passers-by whip out pistols and join in firefights between criminals and police or security guards. A recent flurry in high profile bloodshed even has police suggesting they are losing the fight with violent crime.

Plans for South Africa to host soccer's next World Cup, in 2010, has focused international attention on the crime rate, with organizers having to answer questions not just about whether they'll have enough stadiums and hotel rooms, but whether the 350,000 foreign visitors expected for the monthlong tournament will be safe.

Statistically a South African is 12 times as likely to be murdered than the average American and his chances of being killed are 50 times greater than if he lived in western Europe.

ChrisF202
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by ChrisF202 » October 14th, 2006, 2:34 pm

SA seems like a wild place!

Is it true that like 10 cops were killed in one shootout a few months ago? I mean dont they carry guns or have SWAT teams?

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » October 14th, 2006, 2:35 pm

South Africa has one of the most elite swat teams in the world... US navy seals train them..

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » October 15th, 2006, 3:12 pm

the have the police, the army, n every other BS security patrols..they have the best policing in africa but its proly the most dangerouse place in the world...in suweto everytime someone a cop tried arrestin or shooting someone in my neighbourhood they got poped in a flash ofa second
police dont go there anymore

Invincible
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Invincible » November 20th, 2006, 3:51 am

imagine being white and in a SA prison. If the U.S govt wants to egt rid of the ab by spreading it aorund the system they should just send all of them to SA, I wonder if theyd be able to survive there being so outnumbered.

Invincible
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Invincible » November 20th, 2006, 3:52 am

imagine being white and in a SA prison. If the U.S govt wants to egt rid of the ab by spreading it aorund the system they should just send all of them to SA, I wonder if theyd be able to survive there being so outnumbered.

Invincible
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Invincible » November 20th, 2006, 3:53 am