Props: Nintendo

What are the hottest books and magazine articles on urban culture, hip hop, and street life?
What TV shows, major films, documentaries and independent footage do you find compelling? Video games are also discussed in this section.
Young Deuce
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Props: Nintendo

Unread post by Young Deuce » February 3rd, 2006, 7:37 am

It was 1985 the U.S. had declined in video games sales, the media was saying this was "the end of Video Games". In the wake of all this one little company had hope for the U.S. a company named Nintendo started a branch in the U.S. at first they didnt get a got response off of Famicom(The NES ,the systems name before it reached the U.S) but the Head chairman of nintendo didnt give up.They tryed to test the system in the Big Apple and his Son in Law who was head of Nintendo of America had a deal with a lot of realtors that for every system they didnt sale they would get all their money back they paid for the NES.So they started the testing in NYC and it was a good success soon the entire nation was flooded with NES disposing the saying that video games were a fad.

So I would like to give props to Nintendo because without them the progress of video games would not be the same.

dopekid127
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by dopekid127 » February 3rd, 2006, 11:39 am

damn, didnt know all that...thank you nintendo...wish i still had mine..

BlueCadillaC167
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by BlueCadillaC167 » February 5th, 2006, 7:36 am

Nintendo was that Ish. Super Mario 3 is a classic.

Invincible
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Invincible » February 19th, 2006, 9:33 pm

SAINTJAYMES
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by SAINTJAYMES » March 11th, 2006, 4:42 pm

mario bros is the shit