Whats the next big GTA gonna be like?

Discuss TV shows, major films, documentaries and independent footage. Video games are also discussed in this section.
G.L.J
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Whats the next big GTA gonna be like?

Unread post by G.L.J » March 7th, 2006, 10:59 am

What does evreybody think Rockstar will decide to base the next GTA on will it be back to the mafia style GTA or will it be like another San Andreas.Where do Rockstar go from here?

SkoobyDoo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SkoobyDoo » March 7th, 2006, 1:55 pm

I heard it was gonna be based overseas in Japan.

SkoobyDoo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SkoobyDoo » March 7th, 2006, 1:56 pm

SkoobyDoo wrote:I heard it was gonna be based overseas in Japan.
Or China? One of them. Something about the Triads and japanese mob.

It's just rumors though...

G.L.J
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by G.L.J » March 7th, 2006, 1:59 pm

That could be kinda cool

Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Guest » March 7th, 2006, 1:59 pm

They need to put it in L.A. South central... an online version..

useless_person
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by useless_person » March 7th, 2006, 2:59 pm

No one knows.. Thats why the GTA series dont get alot of updates anymore on their sites...

I would love to find that out. I was thinking of more realism added to the game. Take out the food part, thats a waste of time, and if there is a food part, make it like True Crime: NYC, so you get health from it..

Ok, food is a waste of time and makes the gameplay crappy. It doesnt make it more realistic. If it was supposed to and meaning that in real life you have to eat so why isnt there a feature where you piss and shit out all of that? I mean if you have to eat food in real life, then you have to go to the toilet to, and so why not put that in the game?

But no really, food is waste. If Rockstar cant jam every single thing that you can do in real life, then why put time wasting bull crap. The next game is gonna be bluray, and that fits like 25 gigs. This game is like what, 4, 5 gigs on pc?

Come on. San Andreas was interesting for me and I played it for like a year, and then got bored of it. Because I did practiclly all of the features the game had to offer more like 10 times per every time i play the game which is like less than 5 hours a day or whatever. Used to be that way.

If they're gonna make this one interesting, then make a few changes at least. A big dramatic change in the graphics needs to take place, and it was good at first but turned out to be horrible after the new games came out and everything was based on life-like graphics....

I think the new game should have all of the indoors on buildings, and please make them at least most to be different. Make the game more interactive. Make the city larger. Make buildings destructionable, and make objects be more useful.

Make everything different but better. Way better....

I think the next game is going to be like a year or two of gameplay and excitiment and one day after another its going to wear out.. And this needs to be prevented.... Its highly addictive at first but after a while it goes out. Make the game addictive foreverly..........................................

Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Guest » March 8th, 2006, 9:26 am

...needs to be online, different crews.

G.L.J
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by G.L.J » March 8th, 2006, 12:58 pm

They gave us a lot of freedom in the last game but id like if they gave us even more for example been able to buy cars modify them and sell them for profit or making deals with other gangs for guns or form and allegiance with another gang.

Past
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Past » March 8th, 2006, 6:40 pm

Kelemi253 wrote:They need to put it in L.A. South central... an online version..
Already was in south central...

All san andreas needed was a multiplayer where you could go anywhere instead of always having one screen and not being able to go 30 feet from the other person.

Past
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Past » March 8th, 2006, 6:44 pm

useless_person wrote:
and if there is a food part, make it like True Crime: NYC, so you get health from it..

You get health from food in both vice city and san andreas...

useless_person
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by useless_person » March 9th, 2006, 3:22 pm

Past wrote:
useless_person wrote:
and if there is a food part, make it like True Crime: NYC, so you get health from it..

Vice city? Wtf, hardly anything was interactive in vice city.. The first ACTION button came on san andreas, and it was more interactive in my case..

But in san andreas, you HAVE TO EAT. Thats the problem.

I use cheats every time I played it, but it still pissed off my gameplay....

In san andreas, your energy goes down, and you start becoming skinnier, and you start to LOSE health, that was the problem.

I just meant that in True Crime NYC, you dont have to eat and still can do it to regain health, and its way more interacvtive than San Andreas.

Well, maybe not...

But more indoors, and destructbale, too.

Its a waste of time if Rockstar doesn't make everything realistic, and the food part was a waste, because it was one thing being realistic but one of a few other things, and it makes it a time waster because if not add anything in real life, then why add food as apart of the realism??!

Just if not the next GTA will include what we see on the streets everday, then dont make food become a piss off..

And I had a dream once that I was playing GTA, but it had a better version of the San Andreas graphics, and it had kids and shit jumping around and playing, plus I felt like I was in the game, and just like other dreams I had about the GTA series, such as vice city dreams where I run away from the cops and try to type 'aspirine' in mid air, thinking its gonna work(aspirine was the health cheat for vice city PC), and another one with more like GTA 3 where I was running away on this bike, and one cop car hit me, I fell down, and I started to feel a liquid come down from my mouth(kinda like blood), and i felt tired.

But the special thing in THIS dream was that it was wayy more realistic and when I looked on the cover, it said "Grand Theft Auto 44", so I felt suprised in the dream after reading that, then I wanted to reasure myself, so I looked again, and there it was; "Grand Theft Auto 44", even though I was sure I was playing GTA4(next one), but it was that one.

It had a black background on the cover, with the font of the San Andreas box cover letters, but in the coloring style of the GTA4.net site.

And I wasn't in the game, it felt like it at first, but then I was out of the game.

Virtual Reality, anyone?

Past
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Past » March 11th, 2006, 2:54 pm

useless_person wrote:
Past wrote:
useless_person wrote:

Vice city? Wtf, hardly anything was interactive in vice city.. The first ACTION button came on san andreas, and it was more interactive in my case..

In san andreas, your energy goes down, and you start becoming skinnier, and you start to LOSE health, that was the problem.

I just meant that in True Crime NYC, you dont have to eat and still can do it to regain health, and its way more interacvtive than San Andreas.

Well, maybe not...

Its a waste of time if Rockstar doesn't make everything realistic, and the food part was a waste, because it was one thing being realistic but one of a few other things, and it makes it a time waster because if not add anything in real life, then why add food as apart of the realism??!

Just if not the next GTA will include what we see on the streets everday, then dont make food become a piss off..

And I had a dream once that I was playing GTA, but it had a better version of the San Andreas graphics, and it had kids and shit jumping around and playing, plus I felt like I was in the game, and just like other dreams I had about the GTA series, such as vice city dreams where I run away from the cops and try to type 'aspirine' in mid air, thinking its gonna work(aspirine was the health cheat for vice city PC), and another one with more like GTA 3 where I was running away on this bike, and one cop car hit me, I fell down, and I started to feel a liquid come down from my mouth(kinda like blood), and i felt tired.

But the special thing in THIS dream was that it was wayy more realistic and when I looked on the cover, it said "Grand Theft Auto 44", so I felt suprised in the dream after reading that, then I wanted to reasure myself, so I looked again, and there it was; "Grand Theft Auto 44", even though I was sure I was playing GTA4(next one), but it was that one.

It had a black background on the cover, with the font of the San Andreas box cover letters, but in the coloring style of the GTA4.net site.

And I wasn't in the game, it felt like it at first, but then I was out of the game.

Virtual Reality, anyone?
They should of made it like vice city where ou can eat only to boost your health not cause you have to.

useless_person
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by useless_person » March 13th, 2006, 10:57 pm

Past wrote:
useless_person wrote:
Past wrote:
useless_person wrote:

Well, maybe not...

Virtual Reality, anyone?
They should of made it like vice city where ou can eat only to boost your health not cause you have to.
My point exactly!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just finished downloading vice city from this file sharing program, and it has no sound during cutscences nor radio, but its good as hell cause I downloaded this 100% save game and cause its not installable, I just unzipped all the files in a folder that I made, unpacked this 'unpak' file, and started vice city off an icon in that folder, and quit it and extracted the save game into the vice city user files in my documents.

Im gonna go play now, and I will enjoy it.

GOODBYE!

soccerhooligan

Unread post by soccerhooligan » June 20th, 2006, 10:45 am

I think you should be able to chose from different characters to play with, and maybee it could be a different story depending on what character you play with. But maybe thats to much work for them, i dont know.

useless_person
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by useless_person » June 26th, 2006, 8:50 am

It's called GTA 4 and it's gonna come out for the Xbox 360 first(lucky me!) and then for the PS3. It's prolly gonna come out in October 16th 2007 in the USA, then Oct. 19th 2007 in England. No one knows the setting yet tho. Here are some sites:

http://www.gta4.net/
http://www.rockstargames.com/grandtheftauto4/
http://www.thegtaplace.com/gta4/
http://planetgrandtheftauto.gamespy.com/gta4/

etc etc etc.

Anyways, this game, unfortunetly, is set to have a smaller setting than San Andreas but the setting is said to be more interactive, such as taking away quantity in order to add quality...

It's supposed to be powered by RAGE, which is the Rockstar Advanced Game Engine, the one used to make Rockstar's Table Tennis game for the Xbox 360, I think...

There was a fake screen posted long ago, and then another fake screen came out which was officially confirmed by Rockstar themselves that it's not the game. Thank goodness for that relief cause that screen kinda looked like GTA:SA graphics, the information bars on the left and right sides looked old, dated and crummy, the cars looked too retro, the enviroment looked too cartoony, the draw distance to the buildings infront looked too much out of a certain Superman game, the streets looked to dead and boring and not alive as Rockstar wants them to be, the 3D map was a nice addon but it's better off in a military FPS --- plus it was orange, for some reason there was three bars on the right side, which is supposed to be a health and an armour bar --- but an added one that takes up screen space, there is no cops anywhere or any helicopters to be seen when there is three wanted stars on the right side of the screen, the mace weapon is a fair idea if you're in medival times so nah, the hud looks to vice city-ish, and it's obvious you're playing a girl.

No enterable doors to be seen anywhere either, just the textures you'd put on a solid object in a game, like a building that's of no use but for cover against bullets or enemies or for the sake of just plain landscape, or whatever...

Screenshots, information and at least once or twice updated daily news should begin popping up at the same time it did with San Andreas, which was around late January, middle February or early March 2004 or 2005? Ahh I forgot which...

Anyways, the next GTA game is gonna be called GTA 4, which is gonna come out for the Xbox 360 first and Rockstar is working out some deal with Microsoft for downloadable content through Xbox Live but no ones fully sure if it's gonna be for GTA 4 or not...

We all want big maps, where San Andreas was the freshest and most alive map in GTA or GTA Clone history, besides the biggest one which was in True Crime Streets Of LA, with over 240 km square of urban beautyness, plus the inaccessable areas, which were somewhere around the upper left side of the city, or whatnot, where you land there, you get taken back to the accessable areas, and the inaccessable areas were urban areas, too. Unfortunetly, until a later game than GTA 4, GTASA's map will be the biggest, but since GTA 4 is said to have a very interactive map and enviroment, then hope rockstar makes a few thousand doors openable and a few hundred thousand objects useful while the enviroment, such as buildings and trees, will prolly not be destructable because of valuable script within games that cannot be fucked with, such as if buildings are destructable, you destroy it with a rocket launcher or something, it collapses and is no more during the sandbox gameplay, but if it turns out to be in a mission cutscene, well, there goes the game script and value of realism...

Ahh nvm that. Watch out for new shit and post it here if it's very important to know...

Dregsta
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Dregsta » June 29th, 2006, 7:24 pm

thx for the update man!

Chase-C
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Chase-C » July 1st, 2006, 1:24 pm

I hope they make a Southern GTA including Houston , Rural Texas, Atlanta, Miami, orlando, and other big citys in the South.

Dregsta
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Dregsta » July 3rd, 2006, 7:48 pm

i dont care what city they included has long its in north american

useless_person
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by useless_person » July 14th, 2006, 7:05 am

There are rumours about GTA 4 being based in London. They say there is a very good chance that GTA 4 will be somewhere in Europe.

PS there was a fake screenshot...

NICKELS
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

NEW IDEA FOR GRAND THEFT AUTO GAME :

Unread post by NICKELS » July 28th, 2006, 11:27 pm

THEY SHOULD MAKE A GTA : MOTORCYCLE GANG VERSION WHERE YOU ARE IN A CLIQUE AND YOU TRAVEL AROUND AND GET INTO SH-T WITH OTHER BIKER GANGS AND DO MISSIONS AND HITS AND TRANSPORT SH-T....BUST INTO BARS CAUSE FIGHTS ...TRAVEL TO THE CITY AND RURAL AND RED KNECK PLACES.....AND YOU CAN CALL UPON HOW MANY BIKER BROTHERS U WANT TO RIDE WITH YOU ALL CALL FOR BACK UP......THE GAME SHOULD START OUT ABOUT YOU EARNING YOUR ROCKERS AND COLORS FOR YOUR VEST...AND YOU HAVE TO KNOW WHERE TO GO CAUSE RIVAL ENEMY BIKERS ARE ALL OVER IN THERE OWN TERRITORIES ..ETC . ETC . SHOULD BE AN ONLINE VERSION TOO....BIKERS GOUPS OF DIFFERENT RACES & DIFFERENT BIKES .....OLD SCHOOL BIKERS CHOPPERS AND NEWSCHOOL RUFFRYDERS RACE BIKES...........YEP IM A BROTHER WITH AN IDEA.....AND I MADE A POORMANS COPYRIGHT@ A MONTH AGO.........AHHHAA LOL. :

NICKELS
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by NICKELS » July 28th, 2006, 11:29 pm

I GOT SO MUCH IDEAS MORE STACKED AWAY ITS RIDICULOUS !!!!

Return to “Film, TV, Footage, Documentaries & Video Games”