L.A GANG Movies, Los Angeles gangster films

What are the hottest books and magazine articles on urban culture, hip hop, and street life?
What TV shows, major films, documentaries and independent footage do you find compelling? Video games are also discussed in this section.
R-Tistic
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: L.A GANG MOOVIES

Unread post by R-Tistic » February 26th, 2004, 12:02 am

I see nobody mentioned that bs movie "Banged out" that wasn't worth mentioning. I got it on EBay for like 2.50 and its horrible! But it is funny in some ways, some scenes are hillarious.

SCeric
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SCeric » February 26th, 2004, 9:51 am

Yo whtas up, whats that movie called about the big drug scene in cali?

hit me back

SC crip fo life

PREACH
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by PREACH » March 5th, 2004, 2:56 pm

gang tapes was weak.

Safirdunya

Unread post by Safirdunya » March 16th, 2004, 11:45 am

Bree, Let me get those articles or essays u wrote bro.

xplicit753
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by xplicit753 » March 25th, 2004, 11:21 am

Bulls Fan wrote:I just saw Gang Tapes last night...

all i can say is "wow." I'd have to say my favorite quote from the movie is..

"What color is the flag? Red, White and Blue. What color did we pick? Red and Blue...whats left? White....see, we're just killing ourselves."

Another interesting part was when Kris was talking to the guy at the rail road tracks...

Anyway, good movie...very raw...i think EVERYONE who thinks life is peachy and everything will always go there way because they have money (i.e. rich kids from Orange County...lol) should watch this...

I feel u on that, that movie was all tite, but that part made us all think n its tru u kno. Its sad tho

SCeric
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SCeric » March 25th, 2004, 7:11 pm

yo big dusty loco whats that movie comin out called bout the drug scene in cali

Jokeyxv3

Re: how about

Unread post by Jokeyxv3 » July 28th, 2004, 12:04 pm

BIG DUSTY LOCO wrote:Anybody see "Boulevard Nights"? It's set in East L.A., 2 hoods going at it...VGV Varrio Grande Vista vs. 11st. It was cool. It showed the eastLos lowrider scene back in the 70's. Also showed the classic barrio warfare, but also went into the story of Chuco, who was a youngster putting in work. His older brother was from his hood too, but stopped hangin with the homeboys and concentrated on working at an auto shop and being with his old lady. So there was conflict between older brother(vet) and younger brother(peewee). I think that one's a classic too.

I'M SORRY BUT THE MOVIE WAS WACKED. EVERYTHING IN THE MOVIE WAS STUPID. I SAW THE MAIN ACTOR(CHUCO) IN STONEWOOD. HE TOLD ME the HE DIDN'T REALLY LIKE THAT MOVIE EITHER EVEN THOUGH HE WAS IN IT

phoenix
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by phoenix » July 28th, 2004, 12:22 pm

whats the one movie with samuel jackson and hes the school teacher and its got the spanish gang in it......what gang are they suppose to be

mike89
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by mike89 » July 28th, 2004, 8:25 pm

phoenix wrote:whats the one movie with samuel jackson and hes the school teacher and its got the spanish gang in it......what gang are they suppose to be
187 gang not sh ure

TAADOW
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by TAADOW » August 3rd, 2004, 12:39 pm

xplicit753 wrote:
Bulls Fan wrote:I just saw Gang Tapes last night...

all i can say is "wow." I'd have to say my favorite quote from the movie is..

"What color is the flag? Red, White and Blue. What color did we pick? Red and Blue...whats left? White....see, we're just killing ourselves."

Another interesting part was when Kris was talking to the guy at the rail road tracks...

Anyway, good movie...very raw...i think EVERYONE who thinks life is peachy and everything will always go there way because they have money (i.e. rich kids from Orange County...lol) should watch this...

I feel u on that, that movie was all tite, but that part made us all think n its tru u kno. Its sad tho

This movie just hit the video shelves over here in NZ..daym thats some realistic shit..

Trickeration Station
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: San Diego

Unread post by Trickeration Station » August 3rd, 2004, 10:46 pm

100 KILOS - THIS IS ABOUT FREEWAY RICK ROSS AND THE FREEWAY BOYZ, A DRUG GANG FROM SOUTH CENTRAL LOS ANGELES.
[img]http://www.westlakeent.com/100_Kilos.jpg[/img]

Trickeration Station
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Trickeration Station » August 3rd, 2004, 11:32 pm

DRACC wrote:" the life and time of sonny carson" the name might not be exactly right but it was' i think' it was about like vice lords in the chi or some hood up there. that movies was some real sh*&!
http://www.blackstarvideo.com/videos2/T ... arson.html

Trickeration Station
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Trickeration Station » August 4th, 2004, 5:57 pm

HAS ANYBODY SEEN THE MOVIE MACARTHUR PARK?
[img]http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0001 ... ZZZZZZ.jpg[/img]

"Editorial Reviews
Amazon.com
Despite its grim milieu--a Los Angeles park that is home to cocaine addicts, gangsters, and hustlers--MacArthur Park explodes with energy and humanity. The ensemble drama's compressed setting is like a small sea in which one denizen's misdeed or scam-gone-wrong creates currents of violence swallowing everyone else. In the 48 hours or so of the story's action, one low-level coke dealer rips off a fading television star, whose revenge involves a would-be rapper, who in turn is trying to escape the park's culture with the help of a cop who was part of a raid during which another dealer stole drugs from a dangerous Latino gang, etc. Trying to stay alive and hopeful in this endless, cyclical mayhem is Cody (an outstanding performance by Thomas Jefferson Byrd), a musician and drug casualty whose abandoned son (Brandon Quintin Adams) is reaching out to him. With Julie Delpy, Ellen Cleghorne, and Balthazar Getty. --Tom Keogh "

"Description
Life in the park is daily warfare with rival gangs, police raids, the wealthy decadents who now come for drugs and the ongoing demons of addiction. This is where we meet Cody, once a dedicated family man whose addiction to crack cocaine met no criticism and was welcomed by others like him. The harder Cody tries to escape the parameters of the park, the more it seems to close in on him. Finally, Cody surrenders his pipe to reclaim a relationship with this son and a life outside MacArthur Park. "

stickupkidakaBIGBANDIT
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by stickupkidakaBIGBANDIT » August 16th, 2004, 7:22 pm

Alright Boyz in the hood: MY opinion rollin 60's and Crenshaw mafia. BEcause they mention them too many times for them not to be the main gangs. the kid trey goes to school w/ and then the rollin 60's hit up and also the police confrontation. But Bg Casper said the stones becaus eof the bulls apparel?? He knows more then me.

Menace 2 society: Grape st watts because of jordan downs and the grape st sign. aslo the purple shirt ol Kane is wearing while kicking the shit out of Aillenna's cousin. The jackers have to be from B-Bop watts or most likey bouty hunters. The SA's are from VArrio Colonia Watts because of their style, and the alleys. The drive byers I would assume fronts st watts crip but any guess is possible.

Colors: Blood who gets killed in the beginning, maybe B-Bop watts since they wer ein the streets and the funeral home was next to watts towers. Rockets crip's your guess is as good as mine unless the og's know where the wall is located when hodges runs up on them( etg) because ol boy who gets busted in the van has the hoyas b-ball jersey or jacket. High top the blood drug dealer?? The kiddy dope dealer who has the pager the og??? Looks like watts.
Sureno gangs:
White Fence: "Have you seen any gangsters?"
21st st: Frog's gang met a dude from there in YA
RSP: OSO who snitches after the raid.

American ME: Primera Flats and Hazard

The wood: Where is homie from the blood??

Training day: P-Stones, Watts Pj Crips, MS 13, Hillside trece ( 18th st) My opinion.

BLvd nights: 11th st and vgv are fictional gangs eventhough Gibby believes it's based on VNE and WF (the hole). But VGV is suppose to be from 12th st because they were only a block away from 11th and when Shady ask Raymond why didn't you room # 12. Also if you pay close attention to when Chuco gets tatted he has the cobra and the words VGV and 12th st tatted. Theres an actual gang call Barrio Choppers in east los and they claim 12 th st and also is VNE closet to 11th st.

I need feedback.

SASSOAZ
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by SASSOAZ » September 30th, 2004, 10:40 pm

I member Duke of Earl, but wasn't it made in San Jose?

Trickeration Station
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Trickeration Station » October 1st, 2004, 2:37 pm

SASSOAZ wrote:I member Duke of Earl, but wasn't it made in San Jose?
U TALKING ABOUT THE LIVE STAGE PLAY? OR THE ONE THAT CAME OUT ON VHS? YEAH THAT WAS SHOT IN SAN JOSE.
[img]http://www.brotherig.com/photos/smduke3.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.siccness.net/vb/attachment.p ... 4827&stc=1[/img]

Trickeration Station
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Trickeration Station » October 1st, 2004, 5:10 pm

CHECK OUT: "REAL GANGSTAZ COLLECTION TRIPLE DVD PACK CRIPS BLOODS"

U GET 3 MOVIES, "HOMIES", "BANGIN", "SLOB 187 CRAB 187"
[img]http://www.rapbay.com/catalog/images/Re ... ngstaz.gif[/img]
U CAN GET THIS AT RAP BAY http://www.rapbay.com AND FRISCO STREET SHOW http://www.friscostreetshow.com

SASSOAZ
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by SASSOAZ » October 1st, 2004, 8:17 pm

Yeah the vhs one. I haven't seen that movie in years. Does anyone know if it's available and where at?

kiCKer
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by kiCKer » October 11th, 2004, 5:29 am

anybody see the movie, "9th Street"? it's pretty independent and not too high quality...kinda like a newer "Mi Vida Loca"...i just rented it cuz it said 9th street across a girl's stomach...wanted to show my homies who are in 9th St Brothers...

Trickeration Station
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Trickeration Station » October 11th, 2004, 1:10 pm

kiCKer wrote:anybody see the movie, "9th Street"? it's pretty independent and not too high quality...kinda like a newer "Mi Vida Loca"...i just rented it because it said 9th street across a girl's stomach...wanted to show my homies who are in 9th St Brothers...
IS IT BASED ON LATINO/LATINA GANGS? AND WAS IT SHOT IN L.A.?

kiCKer
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by kiCKer » October 11th, 2004, 3:46 pm

Trickeration Station wrote:
kiCKer wrote:anybody see the movie, "9th Street"? it's pretty independent and not too high quality...kinda like a newer "Mi Vida Loca"...i just rented it because it said 9th street across a girl's stomach...wanted to show my homies who are in 9th St Brothers...
IS IT BASED ON LATINO/LATINA GANGS? AND WAS IT SHOT IN L.A.?
yes...it's about two girls, but mainly one girl...they are best friends and both are from 9th Street. their rivals are a set called 4th Street. the main girl's best friend falls in love with a member of 4th st...and blah blah blah...typical stuff...it's kinda like Mi Vida Loca, but i think that movie was better...had more of a storyline...

Ice
What city do you live in now?: SF

Unread post by Ice » October 14th, 2004, 7:53 am

Trickeration Station wrote:CHECK OUT: "REAL GANGSTAZ COLLECTION TRIPLE DVD PACK CRIPS BLOODS"

U GET 3 MOVIES, "HOMIES", "BANGIN", "SLOB 187 CRAB 187"
[img]http://www.rapbay.com/catalog/images/Re ... ngstaz.gif[/img]
U CAN GET THIS AT RAP BAY http://www.rapbay.com AND FRISCO STREET SHOW http://www.friscostreetshow.com
i watched the 3 dvd's , pretty good shit, good footage, i liked them

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » October 14th, 2004, 7:28 pm

boyz n the hood was my fav. menace 2 society was hot too. training day wasn't all about gangs but they were in the jungels and imperial courts.

i know menace 2 society was like grape st. watts, and grape st. watts crip, but what l.a. areawas boyz n the hood filmed in. they refer to rollin 60's alot but i don't know what area that is cause i aint all that familiar with all l.a.

TarHeelRED
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: North Carolina
What city do you live in now?: New Jerusalem

Unread post by TarHeelRED » November 26th, 2004, 5:30 pm

Anybody remember in Boyz in the Hood, when the recruiter came 2 Dough and Ricky's crib, when the dude that had on the "S" hat came on the porch? That's why I say Dough and his homies was either 60's or Hoodstas. It through me off though because I'm saying 2 myself he had on the Detroit "D" hat. On Alonso's Harlem 30's page on the main website, it got the same Detroit "D" hat, meaning that's the hat that the 30's wear.

Trickeration Station
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Trickeration Station » November 26th, 2004, 6:28 pm

TarHeelRED wrote:It through me off though because I'm saying 2 myself he had on the Detroit "D" hat. On Alonso's Harlem 30's page on the main website, it got the same Detroit "D" hat, meaning that's the hat that the 30's wear.
HE PROBABLY HAD THE DETROIT "D" HAT FOR HIS NAME "D"OUGH BOY.

Chris.
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Chris. » November 26th, 2004, 8:13 pm

They wear Texas Rangers Hats

TarHeelRED
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by TarHeelRED » November 26th, 2004, 10:36 pm

Chris. wrote:They wear Texas Rangers Hats
They who? NHB 20's wear the red Texas Rangers hat.

Chris.
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Chris. » November 27th, 2004, 12:58 am

MY hood (43GC) 83GC, Harlem 30s, 51 Troubles, Rollin 20s

TarHeelRED
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by TarHeelRED » November 27th, 2004, 12:46 pm

Chris. wrote:MY hood (43GC) 83GC, Harlem 30s, 51 Troubles, Rollin 20s
\

No no Mr. Chris, ETG wear the Georgetown Hoyas hat. I don't know about 43GC,Harlem 30's, and the 51 Troubles but i know 4 a fact that ETG wears the Hoyas hat!

Chris.
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Chris. » November 27th, 2004, 1:58 pm

TarHeelRED wrote:
Chris. wrote:MY hood (43GC) 83GC, Harlem 30s, 51 Troubles, Rollin 20s
\

No no Mr. Chris, ETG wear the Georgetown Hoyas hat. I don't know about 43GC,Harlem 30's, and the 51 Troubles but i know 4 a fact that ETG wears the Hoyas hat!
Lol, my nigga, my hood ir real close with 83GC being that we are both Trays and Gangsters, they wear the Texas Rangers also for Trays like we also do...

They sport the Hoyas for the Gangster, we sport the Florida Marlins for the FoeTray

we both got two hats

TarHeelRED
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by TarHeelRED » November 27th, 2004, 2:10 pm

^^^My fault playa I didn't know that. That's the 1st time I heard that. I apologize 4 trying 2 call u wrong homie.

K1LLJOY
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by K1LLJOY » November 30th, 2004, 9:31 pm

Anonymous wrote:A DOG WHAT YOU MEAN THE B-PUPPIES GETTIN RODE ON. I KNOW YOU DON'T MEAN B-DOGS BECAUSE DON'T GET IT TWISTED WHATEVER HAPPEN IN THAT MOVIE HAPPEN ON THE MOVIE, IT DON'T HAPPEN ON THE STREETS.
lol what are you smoking bloods are the #1 victims when it comes to gang violence and i know you would disagree with me bekuz you obviosly got offended when drakk called the bloods b-puppies and i know no blood gang member would admit to it to but hey what true rider can admit that they nation or set aint sh-t????.

and yeah that was messed up tho that movie did make bloods look like you can pull walk by on them niggas with paint ball guns lol