Asian Gangs On Gangland

What are the hottest books and magazine articles on urban culture, hip hop, and street life?
What TV shows, major films, documentaries and independent footage do you find compelling? Video games are also discussed in this section.
NoodleBoy
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Sacramento

Asian Gangs On Gangland

Unread post by NoodleBoy » June 5th, 2009, 3:28 am

Ok so far there has been the Wo Hop To, TRG, and MOD on gangland. My question is, do any of you think they will have one on ABZ? From what I've heard ABZ are just as deep and crazy as the other two. So I wonder why they haven't been featured yet. It's obvious that Gangland is desperately seeking new material. Heck the last 2 episodes have been on crips in Alaska and the KKK. Damn, crips in Alaska! Now they're really searching. Out of all of the Asian gangs, which do you guys feel could be featured on Gangland? I think ABZ could easily be featured. I heard V Boyz are pretty deep. Then there are gangs like the Natomaz Boyz, I know LA has to have a lot of Korean gangs. What about Filipino gangs? Maybe BNG? Wo Hop To was Chinese. TRG was mostly Cambodian. MOD is Hmong. So that leaves Laotian gangs (although TRG has a lot of Laotians), Viet gangs, Korean, Filipino, Japanese. Am I missing any?

shing
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Re: Asian Gangs On Gangland

Unread post by shing » June 5th, 2009, 8:56 am

yeah gangland is 100% real.

NoodleBoy
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by NoodleBoy » June 5th, 2009, 12:36 pm

shing wrote:yeah gangland is 100% real.
Hmm you're kinda off subject

shing
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by shing » June 5th, 2009, 6:10 pm

my point being that gangland has alot of their facts mixed up. they can have an episode on trg, mod or whatever, but it's all gonna be 80% BS

SB Tisoy
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SB Tisoy » June 5th, 2009, 7:40 pm

Gangland is mad corny. I hate the way it recycles the same stories/photos over and over in a single episode. Around the tenth time they do that I change the channel.

thonkoboy2000
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Harbor Area

Unread post by thonkoboy2000 » June 5th, 2009, 9:06 pm

ABZ is one of the most diverse asian gangs i know they got cambodians viets laos koreans in sets all over LA, but yeah itd be cool if they were on the show but gangland makes every gang look like theyre cold blooded killers

NoodleBoy
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by NoodleBoy » June 8th, 2009, 2:10 am

thonkoboy2000 wrote:ABZ is one of the most diverse asian gangs i know they got cambodians viets laos koreans in sets all over LA, but yeah itd be cool if they were on the show but gangland makes every gang look like theyre cold blooded killers
I'd have to agree with you on that. Gangland does make it look like every gang on their show are the hardest gang out there. They do leave out some information and i'm not sure if all of their information is reliable. But i think they do have some good facts though. Like every show, you take the good with the bad.

SDmofo
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: San Diego

Unread post by SDmofo » June 8th, 2009, 2:22 pm

On the TRG episode Vanna was talking about how ABZ n TRG needsta stop beefin. While on the MOD episode, the MOD said they were retired but were still pumpin their shit like they the hardest. So typical of them.

thonkoboy2000
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by thonkoboy2000 » June 8th, 2009, 5:45 pm

i heard of MOD on that show for the first time really but they're like 1000 miles away from where i stay so i dunno anything

Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: LA

Unread post by 682 » June 8th, 2009, 9:51 pm

i wanna do the voiceover for the show. i think thatd be hilarious.

*pshoooooooooo....whoosh*
(deep voice like the movie guy) los angeles....california...... 6th street and catalina.... two guys are walking the streets of "koreatown"...

its 3am and a car pulls up.

obscenities are exchanged.

*tv screen flashes*
one dead and bullet shells litter the asphalt.

this is... gangland.

LOL

FINITO
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: TOrrance

Unread post by FINITO » June 9th, 2009, 1:19 pm

Season 1 was ok but it's getting worse and worse. I stopped watching when they started doing segments on Biker gangs.. They do that shit so often and it's downright boring.

They need to step up their game and do some Asian Gangs in LA like KK and KPB. It would be criminal if they didnt.

tREy71234
What city do you live in now?: chicago

Unread post by tREy71234 » June 9th, 2009, 4:33 pm

GANGLAND is like an invitation 4 cops 2 b on ur ass... true gangstas aint tryin have his click HOTT!!! we tryin lay low n get dough... U will definitely wont c viet gangs on gangland... trust me we do as much damage as any otha gangs on gangland... every 1 knows we out there runnin things, so y even get media action??? y even get ur self hott??? all that shit is bad 4 bussiness... plus viets believe the cold of silence... we dont talk or brag bout wut we did or wut we got... niggas out there jux know wassup... but truely i believe if viets do have an episode on gangland then they should have it on the "BTK"... not no active gang cuz that would only bring u more heat...

SB Tisoy
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SB Tisoy » June 10th, 2009, 8:36 pm

I notice they don't do an episode unless they have a former/current member of whatever gang they're covering on board. I think it's tough to find members to come forward. If they can actually make a decent episode and get it fairly accurate, AND get some ex-Gs to speak on it, for pure entertainment's sake I'd watch shows on:

Asian Boyz from Long Beach and Van Nuys.
Bahala Na Gang, Nor Cal and So Cal.
Be Down Boys from San Diego.
Black Dragon, Lincoln Heights/LA.
Born to Kill in New York.
Flying Dragons from New York Chinatown.
Ghost Shadows also from New York Chinatown.
Korean Killers from K-Town/LA.
Korean Playboys also from K-Town/LA (lot of dudes pumping these guys up, curious now LOL).
Satanas from Rampart/LA, Cerritos, Valley and Oxnard.
Sons of Samoa, Long Beach.
Pinoy Real from Atwater/LA and West Covina.
Tiny Rascal Gang, from Long Beach this time!
Vigilante Boys from Daly City/SF.
Wah Ching from So Cal.

There's a good list Gangland. Stop making episodes on Crips in Alaska.

thonkoboy2000
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by thonkoboy2000 » June 10th, 2009, 10:16 pm

i think gangland is hesitant to make episodes on asian gangs mostly because they fear viewer rating cuz besides asians i doubt blacks would wanna watch something on santanas

Proverbz
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: California

Unread post by Proverbz » June 10th, 2009, 11:10 pm

SB Tisoy wrote:I notice they don't do an episode unless they have a former/current member of whatever gang they're covering on board. I think it's tough to find members to come forward. If they can actually make a decent episode and get it fairly accurate, AND get some ex-Gs to speak on it, for pure entertainment's sake I'd watch shows on:

Asian Boyz from Long Beach and Van Nuys.
Bahala Na Gang, Nor Cal and So Cal.
Be Down Boys from San Diego.
Black Dragon, Lincoln Heights/LA.
Born to Kill in New York.
Flying Dragons from New York Chinatown.
Ghost Shadows also from New York Chinatown.
Korean Killers from K-Town/LA.
Korean Playboys also from K-Town/LA (lot of dudes pumping these guys up, curious now LOL).
Satanas from Rampart/LA, Cerritos, Valley and Oxnard.
Sons of Samoa, Long Beach.
Pinoy Real from Atwater/LA and West Covina.
Tiny Rascal Gang, from Long Beach this time!
Vigilante Boys from Daly City/SF.
Wah Ching from So Cal.

There's a good list Gangland. Stop making episodes on Crips in Alaska.
ha thats a whole season right there. i would definitely watch if they did episodes on those gangs. rumor has it that they are releasing an episode on atwater village PR.

FelonOne
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: USA

Unread post by FelonOne » June 11th, 2009, 2:24 am

Man, if thatz true i hope they make atwater pinoy real real this time...and not be BS and reality facts...

NoodleBoy
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by NoodleBoy » June 11th, 2009, 5:28 pm

Since they're doing episodes on Crips in Alaska maybe they should do episodes on Bloods in Wyoming LOL. If there is even such a thing

scrub1819
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: San Diego

Unread post by scrub1819 » June 11th, 2009, 11:10 pm

682 wrote:i wanna do the voiceover for the show. i think thatd be hilarious.

(deep voice like the movie guy) los angeles....california...... 6th street and catalina.... two guys are walking the streets of "koreatown"...

*tv screen flashes*

this is... gangland.

LOL
AAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHa yep thats the formula! this guy's hella comedy lol

the way these episodes get produced and edited annoy the stuff outta me.

&LOL i just got done watching the episode on the Crips in Alaska "Ice Cold Killers" LMAOOOO
my cousin lived out there for a while he said 95% of the "gangsters" out there are posers and wannabes haha what a bunch of weenies!!
they kept showing these guys hanging out in some parking lot "Loco Latin Crips" or some stuff hahahaha those lames were hella diggin' themselves lol

TCC19
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Victorville CA

Unread post by TCC19 » June 12th, 2009, 7:13 pm

scrub1819 wrote:
682 wrote:i wanna do the voiceover for the show. i think thatd be hilarious.

*tv screen flashes*

this is... gangland.

LOL hey did u hear them on the Alaska episode talking about snitching one of the guys was like " out here people snitch and they still walk the streets some even join other gangs WTF Now I'm not exactly gang savvy but isn't no snitching like rule #1 for most gangs LOL. They should watch that episode and be ashamed of themselves but I bet you they're all pumped like " Yeah we're finally on the map" LOL.

LOL
AAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHa yep thats the formula! this guy's hella comedy lol

the way these episodes get produced and edited annoy the stuff outta me.

&LOL i just got done watching the episode on the Crips in Alaska "Ice Cold Killers" LMAOOOO
my cousin lived out there for a while he said 95% of the "gangsters" out there are posers and wannabes haha what a bunch of weenies!!
they kept showing these guys hanging out in some parking lot "Loco Latin Crips" or some stuff hahahaha those lames were hella diggin' themselves lol

TCC19
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by TCC19 » June 12th, 2009, 7:29 pm

thonkoboy2000 wrote:i think gangland is hesitant to make episodes on asian gangs mostly because they fear viewer rating because besides asians i doubt blacks would wanna watch something on santanas
That's not true I'm black and I prefer to watch ganglands of other races mostly because the media is already saturated with black and Latino gang culture so it's refreshing to get a glimpse of other races gangs and such .

FelonOne
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: USA

Unread post by FelonOne » June 14th, 2009, 2:40 am

exactly...media hipe is on blacks and latinos...

AussieFilipino
What city do you live in now?: Brizzy

Unread post by AussieFilipino » July 8th, 2009, 4:17 pm

I think they should have like a month or two on Asian Gangs like: Satanas,Asian Boyz, Pinoy Real, Born To Kill, Bahala Na,Temple Street then like another month of Black Gangs like: BGF,Crips,Bloods, then Latinos like: 18th st, La Eme, Surenos,Northerners,Lk Then like Whites(European,American etc) Bikies Racist Gangs Mafia then like other countries like Australia-with the 5T Gang(Viets) biggest and the Dangerous gangs in Oz,Lebanese in Sydney they are crazy as well!! Japan - Yakuza China - triads New Zealand Mongrel Mob or Black Power

SB Tisoy
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SB Tisoy » July 9th, 2009, 5:28 pm

I think Gangland only covers gangs in the U.S., doesn't it say something about "terrorizing America's streets" in the intro?

judastaugamma
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by judastaugamma » July 25th, 2009, 3:46 am

90% of the stuff they air is crap unless it's the cops being interviewed.

real g's don't want to be on that shit and air their business.

look at what the hell happened to van nuys asian boys.

they got on america's most wanted , la times , la daily news , fox channel 11 , knbc 4 , kcbs 2 , kabc 7 and all the other newspapers and news channels.

what happened to those guys? cops rolled in their hood every hour of every day , do big raids on them , for a task force of detectives for them. all those old white people see/read about them in the news and when those old people end up on a jury their ass was grass.

buLLetxx2
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: LBxC

Unread post by buLLetxx2 » July 25th, 2009, 1:19 pm

judastaugamma wrote:90% of the stuff they air is crap unless it's the cops being interviewed.

they got on america's most wanted , la times , la daily news , fox channel 11 , knbc 4 , kcbs 2 , kabc 7 and all the other newspapers and news channels.

what happened to those guys? cops rolled in their hood every hour of every day , do big raids on them , for a task force of detectives for them. all those old white people see/read about them in the news and when those old people end up on a jury their ass was grass.
Not only that but you'll never have a true blue homie up on that show giving out facts, cuz even if he aint directly snitching anyone out it's still a form of snitching and we all seen what happened in those publicized ABZ cases where someone turn snitch.

thonkoboy2000
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by thonkoboy2000 » July 25th, 2009, 5:00 pm

i still wanna see that fox report on van nuys asian boyz they some hardcore cats,i rememeber a guy from korean killers got killed by some korean guy from van nuys asian boyz a long ass time ago

buLLetxx2
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: LBxC

Unread post by buLLetxx2 » July 25th, 2009, 7:59 pm

thonkoboy2000 wrote:i still wanna see that fox report on van nuys asian boyz they some hardcore cats,i rememeber a guy from korean killers got killed by some korean guy from van nuys asian boyz a long ass time ago
Everyone and their moms has been asking for that video lately, I know someone has to have it, but i know for sure FOX doesn't have it archived on their website. If someone wanted it bad enough they could write or call FOX 11 and request a copy of the tape for a small fee, I know they like hook up folks with transcripts and tapes of past news reports if they ask.

thonkoboy2000
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by thonkoboy2000 » July 26th, 2009, 12:07 am

youtube has one on 18st i cant find one for abz

judastaugamma
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by judastaugamma » July 26th, 2009, 12:54 am

buLLetxx2 wrote:
judastaugamma wrote:90% of the stuff they air is crap unless it's the cops being interviewed.

Not only that but you'll never have a true blue homie up on that show giving out facts, because even if he aint directly snitching anyone out it's still a form of snitching and we all seen what happened in those publicized ABZ cases where someone turn snitch.
actually the head of north side took heat for showing up on fox11. all those cats doing the interview were north side. they were youngsters at the time and didn't know better.

judastaugamma
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by judastaugamma » July 26th, 2009, 12:58 am

thonkoboy2000 wrote:i still wanna see that fox report on van nuys asian boyz they some hardcore cats,i rememeber a guy from korean killers got killed by some korean guy from van nuys asian boyz a long ass time ago
i never knew about a kk being killed by vn abz.

wouldn't surprised me though. i remember all my junior high buddies would go all over the place. lb , sgv , la , ktown , ctown , oc , etc.

i've known heads from a lot of hoods but those cats got around the most.

most of the time you only hear about guys doing dirt in their hood. the van nuys guys seem to get around.

DxSLY
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: los angeles

Unread post by DxSLY » November 21st, 2009, 9:27 pm

I cant beleive they had one on MOD. fucc those foos..claiming bloods AND crips? wtf weak shit

TCC19
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by TCC19 » November 22nd, 2009, 12:52 pm

buLLetxx2 wrote:
Everyone and their moms has been asking for that video lately, I know someone has to have it, but i know for sure FOX doesn't have it archived on their website. If someone wanted it bad enough they could write or call FOX 11 and request a copy of the tape for a small fee, I know they like hook up folks with transcripts and tapes of past news reports if they ask.
do you know around the time it aired like the month and year