Johnny "Mi Vida Loca" Tapia

What are the hottest books and magazine articles on urban culture, hip hop, and street life?
What TV shows, major films, documentaries and independent footage do you find compelling? Video games are also discussed in this section.
oso1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Johnny "Mi Vida Loca" Tapia

Unread post by oso1 » June 13th, 2013, 2:43 am

Documentary, Tapia.
I don't remember the exact details if Johnny was present or not, but his mother was stabbed to death when he was a child.

He had a lot of inner demons to deal with.

Coup
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Johnny "Mi Vida Loca" Tapia

Unread post by Coup » June 13th, 2013, 9:11 am

I think 50 Cent is did this or is doing a movie about Tapia as well. He compares Tapia's life to his.

oso1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by oso1 » June 13th, 2013, 10:30 am

Coup wrote:I think 50 Cent is did this or is doing a movie about Tapia as well. He compares Tapia's life to his.
I thought I seen his name somewhere in there.

I haven't gotten around to reading Johnnys biography yet. From what I remember, someone told me it was a little slow. Probably why I haven't looked it up yet.

I've read George Foreman, ODLH, Larry Holmes, "In This Corner" or something like that, which was really good, and started Jesus Chavez's book. Actually met him(chavez) once at a gym in Chino.

Coup
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Coup » June 13th, 2013, 12:11 pm

50 Cent compares the death of their mothers...both were killed. Tapia had a very tragic life.

MARTINEZ
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MARTINEZ » June 13th, 2013, 1:23 pm

i met JC Chavez when he was training to fight hector Macho Camacho

he was at the Azteca gym in Bell

Johnny “mi vida loca” Tapia’s childhood

Johnny Tapia endured a tragic early life. His father had reportedly been murdered while his mother was pregnant with him.

When he was eight years old, his mother, Virginia, was kidnapped, raped, hanged, repeatedly stabbed, and left for dead by her assailant.

Tapia was awakened by her screams and saw her chained to the back of a pickup truck. He tried to alert others in his household, but no one believed him.

His mother was later found by the police and taken to the hospital after she had crawled 100 yards to a road. She died four days after the attack without regaining consciousness.

Raised thereafter by his grandmother, Tapia turned to boxing at the age of nine.

oso1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by oso1 » June 14th, 2013, 5:07 am

MARTINEZ wrote:i met JC Chavez when he was training to fight hector Macho Camacho

he was at the Azteca gym in Bell

Johnny “mi vida loca” Tapia’s childhood

Johnny Tapia endured a tragic early life.
His father had reportedly been murdered while his mother was pregnant with him.
Actually, he found his father years later. There's a big resemblance huh?

When he was eight years old, his mother,
Virginia, was kidnapped, raped, hanged, repeatedly stabbed, and left for dead by her assailant.
I only knew about the stabbing part, which of course is still bad, but damn!
Tapia was awakened by her screams and saw her chained to the back of a pickup truck. He tried to alert others in his household, but no one believed him.

His mother was later found by the police and taken to the hospital after she had crawled 100 yards to a road. She died four days after the attack without regaining consciousness.

Raised thereafter by his grandmother, Tapia turned to boxing at the age of nine.