Kids (1995) with Rosario Dawson

What are the hottest books and magazine articles on urban culture, hip hop, and street life?
What TV shows, major films, documentaries and independent footage do you find compelling? Video games are also discussed in this section.
BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Kids (1995) with Rosario Dawson

Unread post by BlaKK » March 24th, 2005, 6:56 pm

Anyone seen that Movie. Its a classic too. Homeboi Gets his face stomped off at that Park, shyt was no joke. Post Up.

BlueCadillaC167
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: KIDZ

Unread post by BlueCadillaC167 » March 24th, 2005, 10:42 pm

That movie is fucced up especially the ending. Its some shit. But with White people.

StillNoScript
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Sacramento

Unread post by StillNoScript » March 25th, 2005, 3:10 am

The director of Kids, Larry Clark, has a movie out right now called Ken Park that is basically banned. It's supposed to be twice as bad as Kids. It's about teenage skaters in Fresno.

Here's something that I would imagine might be of interest in this forum; The same director is now working on a film called 'Wassup Rockers'. It's about Mexican kids from South Central Los Angeles taking up the skating scene instead of the more traditional gang lifestyle.

More info.,

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0413466/

Red Rum56
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Red Rum56 » March 25th, 2005, 11:50 am

My life has honestly way more fucked up then those guys in the movie kids.

purplecityhello
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by purplecityhello » March 25th, 2005, 12:56 pm

Snake wrote:My life has honestly way more #%@& up then those guys in the movie kids.
good for you

Invincible
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Invincible » March 25th, 2005, 1:25 pm

Snake wrote:My life has honestly way more #%@& up then those guys in the movie kids.
Is this you?

http://www.splcenter.org/intel/intelrep ... sp?pid=150

purplecityhello
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by purplecityhello » March 25th, 2005, 1:30 pm

Invincible wrote:
Is this you?

http://www.splcenter.org/intel/intelrep ... sp?pid=150
haha if it is that would make him a black member of the aryan nation...how absurd haha. that would be alot funnier if i didnt watch that chapelle show dvd so many times

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » March 25th, 2005, 2:34 pm

Snake, man to man, Imma tell you dont even bother replying to my post. You are the fool. I read some of youre topics. And some of the shyt you said already proved your ignorence. You say you are higher than oneself, amongst what bases? There is none to back up youre silly accusations White boi. Dont reply to my post. Now I told you like I said man to man. I dont reply to your post You dont reply to mine. Than its all gravy.

But back to the Topic, StillNoScript Who Produced that movie? I thought it was cool, only cuz they was puttin it down for us dreadies.

style
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by style » March 25th, 2005, 4:01 pm

I just saw ken park this past week, and it isnt exactly banned in the us, its just that no studio wanted to put it out. but its worse than kids.

its a lot more graphic, a lot of explicit sex, mainly the reason why its worse than kids, the violence in it is about what you would expect from a r rated movie.

StillNoScript
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by StillNoScript » March 26th, 2005, 12:18 am

BlaKK wrote:But back to the Topic, StillNoScript Who Produced that movie? I thought it was cool, only because they was puttin it down for us dreadies.
All I know is the director's name; Larry Clark.

I'm really keeping an eye on his newest movie that's in production, called 'Wassup Rockers'. I have a link to a film discussion board that has some info on it in my post above; It's all the info. I could find.

'Wassup Rockers' is about Mexican teens from South Central who are skaters; Shows all the crap they get not only from whites, cops, etc. in the neighborhoods they skateboard in, but from the gangsters in their own neighborhoods.

Anyhow, yeh. 'Kids' captures the gritty New York scene, which definately covers the dreadies!

StillNoScript
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by StillNoScript » March 26th, 2005, 12:29 am

style wrote:I just saw ken park this past week, and it isnt exactly banned in the us, its just that no studio wanted to put it out. but its worse than kids.

its a lot more graphic, a lot of explicit sex, mainly the reason why its worse than kids, the violence in it is about what you would expect from a r rated movie.

Yeh, I heard all about the sex scenes. What I heard, and I'm not going to repeat it here, just didnt make sense. I avoided it because I think it just relies more on shock, as opposed to really having an interesing story like 'Kids' and 'Bully'. ('Bully' being Clarks' best, rounded out film, IMO)

I hope 'Wassup Rockers' is similar to 'Bully'; where the sex and violence at least stays somewhat close to the storyline; And doesn't just turn to shock tv. A film about Chicanos in South Central adopting the skateboarder lifestyle is interesting enough as it is. I hope he doesn't screw it up.

PREACH
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by PREACH » June 26th, 2005, 2:24 am

where can i find the movie, ken park?

tysuave
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: vegas

Unread post by tysuave » June 27th, 2005, 2:24 am

aint kids the movie about aids

bkstomp3
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Texas
What city do you live in now?: H-Town

Unread post by bkstomp3 » June 28th, 2005, 1:47 am

the ending especially is

J-Hogg
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by J-Hogg » August 17th, 2005, 2:11 am

LOL this movie was some wigger shit in my opinion

& i can't stand how that fool telly talks.that muthafucka sound like he got down-syndrome or somethin.LOL he got a lisp like a queer n shit :lol:

& the part where the kids were gettin high was jus lame. :roll: all them tried to act black n shit sayin nigga when they are all white.

i mean i'm sure it was good for it's time but i thought that shit was weak

Beef
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Beef » August 17th, 2005, 6:24 pm

casper died in real life...he was also roach in next friday...i think it was drug related.

PREACH
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by PREACH » August 18th, 2005, 12:30 am

^^^^^^real talk ? when did he die ?

bkstomp3
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Texas
What city do you live in now?: H-Town

Unread post by bkstomp3 » August 18th, 2005, 1:23 am

damn...funny thing is erry movie i seen him in was deug related too

Beef
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Beef » August 18th, 2005, 5:21 am

yea...he died...probably a few years now...pretty soon after the next friday i assume...you can probably do a search and find out info...his name was justin pierce.

Y.g. Kappa Don
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Y.g. Kappa Don » August 18th, 2005, 4:50 pm

the ending made me really think I almost went celabate when that young nigga caught the "GERM" and was givin it to young hoez that shit wuz kinda nasty. :twisted:

Beef
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Beef » August 18th, 2005, 8:14 pm

Independent film actor Justin Pierce, best known for his role as skate-punk Casper in the controversial 1995 film Kids, was found dead after hanging himself in a swank Las Vegas hotel room. Authorities said today that Pierce's death was clearly a suicide. Pierce, 25, was found hanging in his room at the Bellagio resort Monday by hotel security officers and was pronounced dead at the scene, said Clark County Coroner Ron Flud. He added that two suicide notes were found at the scene, but would not reveal their contents. "Hanging is the cause of death and the manner of death is suicide," Flud stated. Toxicology tests were pending to determine whether Pierce had any drugs or alcohol in his system. Pierce, a Los Angeles resident, had apparently been in the desert city to do a video shoot for a fashion company. According to the New York Post, he had a new wife and baby at home. The young actor recently starred alongside Ice Cube in this year's comedy Next Friday. He also appeared on a few episodes of the Fox family show Malcolm in the Middle. Pierce got his break while he was noticed skateboarding on the streets of Manhattan, N.Y., which earned him the chance to portray a foul-mouthed street urchin in Kids. For a while, Pierce dated his Kids co-star, Oscar-nominated actress Chloë Sevigny Boys Don't Cry "He was a sweet and talented kid," producer Cary Woods, who worked with Pierce on Kids, told the Post. Eerily, one of Pierce's lines from Kids features his character speaking about mortality: "My outlook on the situation: It's like getting fame, you know what I'm saying? Say you was to die tomorrow, right, 50 years from now, all the virgins you ever fucked are gonna remember you. Right? They gonna tell their grandkids …" Pierce is the second young actor to hang himself in Las Vegas in the last two years. In March 1999, David Strickland, who played a rock critic alongside star Brooke Shields on the now-defunct sitcom Suddenly Susan, was found dead in his room at the Oasis Motel on the famous Strip. Shields, a friend of the actor, had hired a private investigator to track down Strickland when he missed a court appearance; the detective is the one who discovered his body, which was hanging from a bed sheet. He was 29.