Colors (1988)

Discuss TV shows, major films, documentaries and independent footage. Video games are also discussed in this section.
Word
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 445
Joined: June 10th, 2004, 2:33 pm

Unread post by Word » June 11th, 2005, 3:20 pm

purplecityhello wrote:yeah yur right^^^^^^ :D everytime my dvds skip i break out the notepade and jot notes on everything i see then post it up on here too B
You know that was pretty pathetic and now your just striving for attention.
purplecityhello wrote:you mad kool son - it was only 10 seconds out your life
thanks for giving me the actual time deviance
because if i didnt have it i prolly woulda thought u was a geek ass nigga
but since you know the actual amount of time that it took out your life B i guess youre ok
Another pathetic attempt. Geek? Okay... :roll: :roll: :roll:

You callin me a geek and shit when you up here with 1425 posts. Riiiiight LoL

User avatar
purplecityhello
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1851
Joined: October 7th, 2004, 10:51 am
Location: Harlem World aka Purple City
Contact:

Unread post by purplecityhello » June 11th, 2005, 3:26 pm

wow, now the nigga with the MOST gang info has to be the geek, i mean how does he have so many post when he should be out killing people and robbing liquor stores, theres no way some one from F.E.D.S. put him onto this because of his clout or maybe when hes on the computer hes doing things that make him money instead of scratching his ass like others -
you got a point there, maybe i should snatch the battery out my lap top because you made a point B... you wanna be kool, BUY A DVD with some real gang shit and no hollywood actors http://www.mixunit.com i hear they got some pretty hot shit

but back to being pathetic, my bad for not believing your dvd skipping and you making mental notes of every gang tag on the wall and telling every one about it - i had no idea you were a gangologist to rival the likes of Alonso

you got it B ;)

Word
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 445
Joined: June 10th, 2004, 2:33 pm

Unread post by Word » June 11th, 2005, 3:28 pm

purplecityhello wrote:wow, now the nigga with the MOST gang info has to be the geek, i mean how does he have so many post when he should be out killing people and robbing liquor stores, theres no way some one from F.E.D.S. put him onto this because of his clout or maybe when hes on the computer hes doing things that make him money instead of scratching his ass like others -
you got a point there, maybe i should snatch the battery out my lap top because you made a point B... you wanna be kool, BUY A DVD with some real gang shit and no hollywood actors http://www.mixunit.com i hear they got some pretty hot shit

but back to being pathetic, my bad for not believing your dvd skipping and you making mental notes of every gang tag on the wall and telling every one about it - i had no idea you were a gangologist to rival the likes of Alonso

you got it B ;)
Oh lord.. All that was talkin out your ass. Thanks for the 2 paragraphs you typed for me just to believe you about this whole post count situation.

User avatar
purplecityhello
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1851
Joined: October 7th, 2004, 10:51 am
Location: Harlem World aka Purple City
Contact:

Unread post by purplecityhello » June 11th, 2005, 3:30 pm

yeah because i know how much people respect my post count ;)

im Rolling 56K NHood Blood - OG status , respect that

Word
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 445
Joined: June 10th, 2004, 2:33 pm

Unread post by Word » June 11th, 2005, 3:34 pm

I do respect you. I have seen you post around with good info regarding Bloods on the East Coast. But since you gotta bring me up, I'm a bring you right you up with me.

willihen
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 324
Joined: August 5th, 2003, 12:15 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Unread post by willihen » June 11th, 2005, 5:45 pm

purplecityhello,

We're giving info on movies. That's why this is called URBAN CINEMA AND TELEVISION. Some people like this stuff...I know I do...Word does too. So just chill...
and by the by, I guaran damn tee ya I'm a movie geek.

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1865
Joined: August 8th, 2003, 2:27 pm
What city do you live in now?: West Los

Unread post by Silencioso » June 15th, 2005, 2:00 pm

I heard 21st St. was based on Alpine St.

User avatar
GIBBY
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 705
Joined: August 6th, 2003, 11:11 am

Unread post by GIBBY » June 22nd, 2005, 2:18 pm

Silencioso wrote:I heard 21st St. was based on Alpine St.
Nope, 21st was loosley based on wsRockwoodst. RW was somehwat of a mixed gang back then and the area around The Belmont was controlled heavily by RW. You can even see RW tags all throughout the movie espeacially around the Belmont Tunnel

bkstomp3
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 525
Joined: November 20th, 2003, 4:19 pm
Country: Afghanistan
If in the United States: Texas
What city do you live in now?: H-Town
Location: Texas

Unread post by bkstomp3 » June 28th, 2005, 1:51 am

wasnt the crips in the movie based off of 52 or 112 broadway's so who was the bloods based off of swans/familys..?

willihen
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 324
Joined: August 5th, 2003, 12:15 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Unread post by willihen » June 28th, 2005, 5:41 am

bkstomp3 wrote:wasnt the crips in the movie based off of 52 or 112 broadway's so who was the bloods based off of swans/familys..?
the crips weren't based off a certain gang. But their territory was in
112 Broadway Gangsters turf. Their name in the movie was "Crip DeVille"

the movie never established turf or got too deep into the bloods. The church that got shot up was in watts around wilmington. The bloods set in the movie was "House of Blood."

User avatar
StillNoScript
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 914
Joined: March 15th, 2005, 1:27 am
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Sacramento
Location: Alta Califas
Contact:

Unread post by StillNoScript » July 9th, 2005, 1:03 am

GIBBY wrote:
Silencioso wrote:I heard 21st St. was based on Alpine St.
Nope, 21st was loosley based on wsRockwoodst. RW was somehwat of a mixed gang back then and the area around The Belmont was controlled heavily by RW. You can even see RW tags all throughout the movie espeacially around the Belmont Tunnel
I think I'm going with your answer. Thanks a bunch. I don't know why I was so interested, probably because I'd watched Mi Vida Loca and the downtown skyline seemed to be captured in the same background in Loca as it was in the 21 street scenes in Colors.

I'm assuming Rockwood st. is near the Echo Park neighborhood? If that's the legitimate name of the street, I'm sure I can just map that myself. Anyhow, thanks again.

bkstomp3
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 525
Joined: November 20th, 2003, 4:19 pm
Country: Afghanistan
If in the United States: Texas
What city do you live in now?: H-Town
Location: Texas

Unread post by bkstomp3 » July 9th, 2005, 2:28 am

willihen wrote:
bkstomp3 wrote:wasnt the crips in the movie based off of 52 or 112 broadway's so who was the bloods based off of swans/familys..?
the crips weren't based off a certain gang. But their territory was in
112 Broadway Gangsters turf. Their name in the movie was "Crip DeVille"

the movie never established turf or got too deep into the bloods. The church that got shot up was in watts around wilmington. The bloods set in the movie was "House of Blood."

OH AIGHT...GOOD LOOKIN

skrapersouth4life
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: June 27th, 2005, 11:29 am

Unread post by skrapersouth4life » July 21st, 2005, 2:42 pm

Did you know that some of the gang members in this movie were actually real ones because i read ina trivia thing that producer Robert H. Solo hired some real gang members to do this. Two of them were shot during filiming.

willihen
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 324
Joined: August 5th, 2003, 12:15 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Unread post by willihen » July 21st, 2005, 4:29 pm

skrapersouth4life wrote:Did you know that some of the gang members in this movie were actually real ones because i read ina trivia thing that producer Robert H. Solo hired some real gang members to do this. Two of them were shot during filiming.
yes real crips and bloods were used during the filming. Throughout the movie. (county jail, the funeral shooting, and other parts)

a couple people were shot during the filming. that was true. I remember reading that years ago. They had to be extra careful while filming that movie.
I wish they would release a DVD with comentary and special features on the making of it.

Baby-Girl16
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 119
Joined: January 22nd, 2005, 1:24 pm
Location: From Los Angeles
Contact:

Unread post by Baby-Girl16 » August 24th, 2005, 1:00 pm

dammmmmm... i 4got about that 1... it was koo tho.. the saddest part was when homie got shot at that party tho

User avatar
tysuave
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 551
Joined: May 27th, 2005, 11:18 am
What city do you live in now?: vegas
Location: 951/702

Unread post by tysuave » August 24th, 2005, 11:25 pm

colors was cool for that time frame but I think dead homies was the best blac gang movie.

UmanH-ay

Unread post by UmanH-ay » September 14th, 2005, 11:30 pm

Yo what neighborhood is that where Don Chedale rides up in the van and blasts that Blood by sayin "hey blood!"

willihen
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 324
Joined: August 5th, 2003, 12:15 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Unread post by willihen » September 15th, 2005, 6:16 pm

I've wondered myself.
The film is almost 18 years old so alots changed. But the funeral and chase were filmed around wilmington in watts.

willihen
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 324
Joined: August 5th, 2003, 12:15 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Unread post by willihen » September 15th, 2005, 6:18 pm

willihen wrote:I've wondered myself.
The film is almost 19 years old so alots changed. But the funeral and chase were filmed around wilmington in watts.
The Blood set was called "House of Blood"
The crip set was called "Crip DeVille"
both made up sets.

mine
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 56
Joined: August 14th, 2005, 4:14 pm
Location: BK

Unread post by mine » September 16th, 2005, 1:56 pm

does anyone have this movie uploaded? I remember this when I was young and it seemed pretty good back then.

User avatar
*deepsky*
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 698
Joined: July 16th, 2004, 7:16 pm
Location: proably your mans house
Contact:

Unread post by *deepsky* » October 19th, 2005, 11:08 pm

mine wrote:does anyone have this movie uploaded? I remember this when I was young and it seemed pretty good back then.

peace
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 44
Joined: April 1st, 2005, 7:46 am

Unread post by peace » December 17th, 2005, 3:12 pm

willihen wrote:The church that got shot up was in watts around wilmington. The bloods set in the movie was "House of Blood."
"Eastbound in alley
between 113 and 114 from Wilmington." -Hodges (?)

Bloods were Bounty Hunters.

cbi562
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 456
Joined: June 24th, 2004, 8:23 pm
Location: Where Sognohc Die!

Unread post by cbi562 » December 17th, 2005, 5:21 pm

Pacmaaaaan tanananana - Pacmaaaan tananananana

User avatar
StillNoScript
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 914
Joined: March 15th, 2005, 1:27 am
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Sacramento
Location: Alta Califas
Contact:

Unread post by StillNoScript » December 21st, 2005, 1:58 am

peace wrote:
willihen wrote:The church that got shot up was in watts around wilmington. The bloods set in the movie was "House of Blood."
"Eastbound in alley
between 113 and 114 from Wilmington." -Hodges (?)
LOL! I can just hear the sirens with that '80s Herbie Hancock music...

User avatar
StillNoScript
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 914
Joined: March 15th, 2005, 1:27 am
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Sacramento
Location: Alta Califas
Contact:

Unread post by StillNoScript » December 21st, 2005, 2:01 am

peace wrote:Bloods were Bounty Hunters.
I was about to respond by saying that the gang sets were fictional in "Colors", but when you consider them filming the scene in that area, a lot of those guys at the funeral probably were from that neighborhood.

peace
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 44
Joined: April 1st, 2005, 7:46 am

Re: Colors, 1988

Unread post by peace » December 26th, 2005, 2:17 pm

olo wrote:What neighborhood was that, that T. Rodgers was in the movie, as Dr. Feelgood in Colors. He was arrested by Sean Penn. Which neighborhood in LA was that. Does anybody know?
I think it's Nickerson Gardens or Jordan Downs. I can see BLDG 2252-00 or something...

User avatar
Christina Marie
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9305
Joined: August 11th, 2005, 4:58 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Pennsylvania
What city do you live in now?: From LB to PA
Location: CA

Unread post by Christina Marie » August 27th, 2006, 7:01 pm

Here is the colors thread.

Trip'n_Loc
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 172
Joined: February 24th, 2006, 7:39 pm

Unread post by Trip'n_Loc » August 29th, 2006, 3:58 pm

iight, lol well can any1 post it up???

User avatar
Christina Marie
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9305
Joined: August 11th, 2005, 4:58 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Pennsylvania
What city do you live in now?: From LB to PA
Location: CA

Unread post by Christina Marie » August 30th, 2006, 4:29 pm

Trip'n_Loc wrote:iight, lol well can any1 post it up???
You mean the whole movie??

Trip'n_Loc
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 172
Joined: February 24th, 2006, 7:39 pm

Unread post by Trip'n_Loc » September 2nd, 2006, 12:04 pm

yeah...the WHOLE MOVIE...naw, i jus want the part where Damian Wayans is in his diaper lmao, yeah the whole movie lol :roll: :lol:

User avatar
Christina Marie
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9305
Joined: August 11th, 2005, 4:58 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Pennsylvania
What city do you live in now?: From LB to PA
Location: CA

Unread post by Christina Marie » September 2nd, 2006, 4:48 pm

Trip'n_Loc wrote:yeah...the WHOLE MOVIE...naw, i jus want the part where Damian Wayans is in his diaper lmao, yeah the whole movie lol :roll: :lol:
Ok smart ass :wink:

Trip'n_Loc
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 172
Joined: February 24th, 2006, 7:39 pm

Unread post by Trip'n_Loc » September 2nd, 2006, 6:15 pm

well dang my bad...but iz ya'll gon post it up??? :wink:

Post Reply

Return to “Film, TV, Footage, Documentaries & Video Games”