Boyz N The Hood (1991)

What are the hottest books and magazine articles on urban culture, hip hop, and street life?
What TV shows, major films, documentaries and independent footage do you find compelling? Video games are also discussed in this section.
Jiggaboo_Jones

IngleWatts Location

Unread post by Jiggaboo_Jones » December 29th, 2005, 5:24 am

Yeah that first Section was def Inglewatts, There were a couple of scenese filmied in SC LA, DT LA and One near Campanilla Park in Compton....
That shit jumped all ova....

anders1888
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by anders1888 » January 16th, 2006, 11:40 am

did u all no that cat Lloyd Avery II in boyz in the hood is dead?

hes in poetic justice aswell - the strapped homie tupac talks to before he picks up his daughter

he was in the pen for a murder or sumthin an got done over? any info on this as a only found out today - nasty shit

anders1888
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by anders1888 » January 16th, 2006, 11:56 am

did u all no that cat Lloyd Avery II in boyz in the hood is dead?

hes in poetic justice aswell - the strapped homie tupac talks to before he picks up his daughter

he was in the pen for a murder or sumthin an got done over? any info on this as a only found out today - nasty shit

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » January 16th, 2006, 5:18 pm

The first part was inglewood, it was around century, not only were there a few CMG tags (C-187) in the part where it introduces them and has them walking to the body and that kid was saying Crenshaw Mafia, it has the planes going right over the Bottoms

Whoever did the captions thing didn't know what he/she was talking about, it said "South Central", that's BS

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » January 16th, 2006, 5:21 pm

the C-187 CMG tags are somewhere in the first few minutes of the movie, the camera passes over a wall that has the mafia tags

useless_person
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by useless_person » January 27th, 2006, 2:59 pm

Nice movie, i have it. Its not as good as training day or menece to society for its time but pretty good, doesn't show any people, but thats the involvement, and more like a family type movie, not just gangsters all of the time. There is the mom and the dad and the friends and the pussy enemies which sound like that guy with the touque in gta sa from the ballas. Boys N the Hood. The music sounds like those 80s cheap soap operas and looked like it was from bad quality, but had a nice story and actually had gang members drinking alchohol instead of smoking weed all of the time.

TD
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by TD » January 29th, 2006, 11:40 am

WHO WERE THOZE NIGGAZ...ONE SED" I JUST SMOKE MUTHAFUKKAZ"...WEN TRES DAD WAS TLKIN ABOUT ALL that COMMUNITY STUFF...

WHAT HOOD WOZ that??

TD
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by TD » March 12th, 2006, 1:59 pm

apparently hiz name is madrid, but wat hood were they 4rm, wer they 4rm campenella park????

realplayer4life1

Unread post by realplayer4life1 » March 27th, 2006, 3:21 pm

Why did those fools smoke ricky again?

peace
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by peace » May 30th, 2006, 7:11 am

I know that "Compton" is based on 3500 27th St, Los Angeles. Is that Blood or Crip territory?

niro
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by niro » May 30th, 2006, 8:50 am

realplayer4life1 wrote:Why did those fools smoke ricky again?
cos he "disrespected" them at that roadside party or watever it was at nite, he told them to watch where they goin and stuff

loser
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by loser » June 1st, 2006, 1:10 pm

I liked that one:

"Do you know why there is a gunshop on almost every corner in black neighbourhood? Because of the same reason, that there is a liquor-shop on almost every corner. Why? They want to destroy ourselves."

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » June 1st, 2006, 8:22 pm

loser wrote:I liked that one:

"Do you know why there is a gunshop on almost every corner in black neighbourhood? Because of the same reason, that there is a liquor-shop on almost every corner. Why? They want to destroy ourselves."
It's true, it ties in with gentrification and property values ect...

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » June 2nd, 2006, 4:31 am

demand <------ supply...

Criminals don't get guns legally, those stores are for civilians against threats

As for liquor shops.... $$$

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » June 2nd, 2006, 4:33 am

A Ghost wrote:

If you really want to kick people in and out you put in something "grand" and kick all threats to the "grand" commercial project. i.e. malls, fancy stores, new housing complexs (nice ones) etc.

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » June 2nd, 2006, 2:00 pm

MiChuhSuh wrote:
A Ghost wrote:

If you really want to kick people in and out you put in something "grand" and kick all threats to the "grand" commercial project. i.e. malls, fancy stores, new housing complexs (nice ones) etc.
You mean like what happened to your Swap Meet?

BloccMonsta
If in the United States: Mississippi
What city do you live in now?: Gulfport

Re: Boyz N The Hood (1991)

Unread post by BloccMonsta » August 20th, 2013, 4:26 pm

If you pay enough attention to the movie you can pretty much figure out which set he is in. He never wears any red nor does his crew, they are usually always wearing Blue. At the end of the movie he calls Tre cuz. Right before the recruiter pulls up to see Rickey a dude walks up on the porch wearing a blue flannel shirt with a blue hat with a big S on the front of it. the S standing for Sixties. The movie was actually filmed in Rollin Sixties neighborhood on Cimmaron St. I am willing to bet that doughboy was a Rollin Sixties NHC.

comptonblockz
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: san diego

Re: BOYZ N THE HOOD-The Movie

Unread post by comptonblockz » September 10th, 2013, 5:40 pm

TarHeelRED wrote:OK. But what sett was Doughboy and his homies suppose 2 be from? And what did Dough mean when he said 5000 2 Tre?
'outtie 5000' was a way of saying 'see you later',back then.

WLA PALMS
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by WLA PALMS » September 10th, 2013, 6:34 pm

They also filmed the movie in the Mid-City area, in Marvin Gangsta Crip's hood off of Washington blvd, the scene when Ricky gets killed and they take his body back to the house. The scene before Ricky gets killed in the alley, when Tre is walking, you can see "Westside Marvin" on the garage door in white paint.

BloccMonsta wrote:If you pay enough attention to the movie you can pretty much figure out which set he is in. He never wears any red nor does his crew, they are usually always wearing Blue. At the end of the movie he calls Tre cuz. Right before the recruiter pulls up to see Rickey a dude walks up on the porch wearing a blue flannel shirt with a blue hat with a big S on the front of it. the S standing for Sixties. The movie was actually filmed in Rollin Sixties neighborhood on Cimmaron St. I am willing to bet that doughboy was a Rollin Sixties NHC.

KBANGER
If in the United States: New York
What city do you live in now?: Western France

Unread post by KBANGER » December 10th, 2013, 1:05 pm

Really good movie.