American Me (1992) with Edward James Olmos

What are the hottest books and magazine articles on urban culture, hip hop, and street life?
What TV shows, major films, documentaries and independent footage do you find compelling? Video games are also discussed in this section.
K1LLJOY
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Re: AMERICAN ME

Unread post by K1LLJOY » December 1st, 2004, 10:35 pm

cocaine wrote:DID THIS MOVIE DISTURB BLACKS
HOW CAN IT DISTURB BLACKS? YOU REMIND ME OF THAT H-E ROOKIE BY SAYING THAT SH-T

BfKCmOney
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by BfKCmOney » December 19th, 2004, 11:12 pm

good movie

Dr. Gonzo
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Dr. Gonzo » December 20th, 2004, 8:35 pm

I love the movie though that one scene in prison with the italian guy was brutal OUCH!

GTS
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by GTS » December 21st, 2004, 9:51 am

THE PRODUCERS FUCCED UP BY NOT SHOWING THE TRUTH AND REAL STORY BEHIND THE MOVIE. THEY SHOWED RUDY CALDENA, (EDWARD JAMES OLMOS) GETTING SHANKED BY FELLOW EME MEMBERS WHEN IN REALITY HE WAS STABBED BY FAMILIANOS IN CHINO HALL. THAT STARTED THE BLOODY WAR BETWEEN ENE'S AND EME. NO WONDER THE MM HAD A PRICE ON PEOPLES HEAD. THAT DAY IS STILL CELEBRATED BY FAMILIANOS.

ChAoS
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by ChAoS » December 21st, 2004, 8:28 pm

cocaine wrote:DID THIS MOVIE DISTURB BLACKS
No, Why would it?

kenni
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by kenni » January 13th, 2005, 11:58 am

hmm, never heard about this one. is it very raw? because that might be the reason why it never been showed in sweden.

Invincible
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Invincible » January 13th, 2005, 3:06 pm

Dr. Gonzo wrote:I love the movie though that one scene in prison with the italian guy was brutal OUCH!
WHy did they rape that poor Italian guy?':roll:'

Dr. Gonzo
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Dr. Gonzo » January 16th, 2005, 11:57 am

Invincible wrote:
Dr. Gonzo wrote:I love the movie though that one scene in prison with the italian guy was brutal OUCH!
WHy did they rape that poor Italian guy?':roll:'
Because the Italians would not stop selling dope in East LA basically the eme's area of operations and because the italian guy did not want to pay for protection for his son.

Invincible
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Invincible » January 17th, 2005, 10:23 pm

but if the eme went to war with la cosa nostra I think they'd lose on the streets (not in the pen).

kenni
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by kenni » January 18th, 2005, 2:31 pm

man, i've looked everywhere for american me. i can't find it.. i live in sweden, anyone have any ideas where i can get it?

Huerito
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Huerito » March 20th, 2005, 8:23 pm

I just rented this movie last night to watch again after 10 years.

I saw the documentary that is in the DVD format. The gang counselor Ana seemed like an attention whore to me along with the fat guy that gives all the info on "MCFORCE".

Is MCF still active? It sounds more like a tagging crew. Is the fat guy still around??

Does anyone have more information regarding why the EME was upset with Osmos and what happened to the people involved in the filming?

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana

Unread post by Lonewolf » March 20th, 2005, 8:34 pm

Huerito wrote:I just rented this movie last night to watch again after 10 years.

I saw the documentary that is in the DVD format. The gang counselor Ana seemed like an attention whore to me along with the fat guy that gives all the info on "MCFORCE".

Is MCF still active? It sounds more like a tagging crew. Is the fat guy still around??

Does anyone have more information regarding why the EME was upset with Osmos and what happened to the people involved in the filming?
Michigan Criminal/Chicano Force is still around in East Los.

La eMe had trouble with the "rape" part of El Jefe depicted in the movie, you know how that getting hit from behind carry weight in La Pinta.

I put up a TIMELINE for La eMe history that can shed some light on what happened to the people involved with the film, just can't remember under which topic i put it under, but as soon as i find it - i'll hit you up with it.

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana

Unread post by Lonewolf » March 20th, 2005, 8:41 pm

MEXICAN MAFIA TIMELINE

April 24, 1923
Henry "Hank" Leyva born in Tuscon, Arizona.

April 10, 1929
Joe "Pegleg" Morgan born.

EL HOYO MARAVILLA gang is born with the “ORIGINALS” as their 1st generation.

EL HOYO MARAVILLA 2nd generation “CHERRIES” forms.

December 1941
Henry "Hank" Leyva, Joe Valenzuela & Jack Melendez all members from the 38TH STREET gang are arrested on suspicion of armed robbery.
Charges later dropped against Joe Valenzuela & Jack Melendez, but Henry Leyva is re-booked on a charge of assault with a deadly weapon.
Leyva pled guilty and received a 3 month county jail term.

August 2, 1942
Gang fight involving 38th street and a Downey gang results in the death of Jose Diaz.

January 13, 1943
11 members of the 38th street gang are sentenced to prison for the murder of Jose Diaz.

June 3, 1943
The Zoot Suit riots erupt in Los Angeles. Many blame the racial tension in the city as a result of the treatment Hispanics were subjected to while they searched for the killers of Jose Diaz.

October 4, 1943
District Court of Appeals dismisses the case against the members of the 38th ST gang and orders them freed from custody.

Joe Morgan [Maravilla gang] beats the husband of his 32-year-old girlfriend to death and buries the body in a shallow grave. While awaiting trial he escapes using the identification papers of a fellow inmate awaiting transfer to a forestry camp. He is recaptured and sentenced to 9 years at San Quentin.

South Onterio Black Angels gang is formed. The gang takes its name from a popular comic book of the time.
Frank "Mosca" Castrejon is among the founders.

A. -Mexican Mafia forms at the Duel Vocational Institute at Tracey, California.
Originally consists of “13” core members.

B. -Joe Morgan is released on parole after 9 years behind bars.

C. -The group's legend begins attracting new members.

Morgan is returned to prison after a brazen machine gun robbery of a West Covina bank.

San Francisco gang member Michael '”Hacha” Ison is committed to California youth authority after he and his brother attack a barber with a baseball bat.

February 13, 1958
Reuben Ramos (20) and Lorenzo Castro (1 kidnap and shoot George Rodriquez (13) and Gerald De Lao members of a rival gang. De Lao was killed in the attack.

May 13, 1958
Los Angeles Sheriff's deputy Ned Lovretovich is stabbed in court after offering testimony in the murder robbery trial of Gregory H. Valenzuela and Augustin Acosta two gang members from East Los Angeles.

December 23, 1959
16 year old Rudy Cadena begins serving a prison sentence for second degree murder at the Chino Institute for men.

Eme begins spreading throughout the California prison system.

A. -Michael 'Hacha' Ison enters the California prison after a conviction for assault with a deadly weapon.

B. -Joe Morgan leads 11 inmates in a jailbreak from the L.A., county jail. He had been called as a witness in a trial involving the murder of another inmate.

Ison acquires the nickname "killer" after murdering inmate Thomas Dever on behalf of the Mexican Mafia in San Quentin.

California Department of Corrections reports the Mexican mafia controls the yard at San Quentin and has active chapters at Soledad and Folsom prisons.

September 15 1968
Hector Padilla a gang member from northern California is attacked after a confrontation with Eme gang leader Robert "Robot" Salas [Big Hazard] over a pair of shoes stolen by Eme associate Carlos "Pieface" Ortega [Geraghty Loma].
This the third in a series of Eme led attacks on Norteño associates and gang members [Phillip Neri and Sonny Pena were killed earlier.]

September 16 1968
In retaliation for the murders of Phillip Neri and Sonny Pena and a near fatal attack on Hector Padilla, Nuestra Familia launches a reprisal attack on the Mexican Mafia at 2:30 pm. The final tally left 11 wounded and 1 mafia member dead.

Rudy "Cheyenne" Cadena begins correspondence with members of the Latino political group the Brown Berets.

A. -Mexican Mafia and Black Guerilla family agree to a truce.

B. -Joe Moody prison gang investigator finds the body of one of his female informants murdered in Monterey Park, California. Pinned to her body was a note with consisting of one word "Eme".

A. -Rudy Cadena [Bakersfield gang member - later claimed Primera Flats from East L.A.] issues orders to recently paroled Eme members to take over federally funded drug programs operating in L.A. barrios. The first target is the National Institute of Mental Health's Special Program for Alcohol Abuse (SPAN), which was headquartered in Pomona.

B. -Paroled Eme member Eduardo Z. Aguirre is named executive director of League of United Citizens to help Addicts [LUCHA].

C. -Cadena and Black Guerilla Family founder George L. Jackson are targeted for their influence over large groups of prisoners.
Cadena publicly calls for a reuniting of Latino inmates to fight the system. Within the gang it becomes common knowledge that Cadena hopes to unite the Mexican Mafia and Nuestra Familia creating a statewide criminal syndicate.

August 21, 1971
Jackson is murdered at San Quentin leaving Cadena the states most outspoken prison reformist from behind bars.

Late 1971
A. -Cadena is paroled to Los Angeles.

B. -Killer Mike Ison is convicted of second degree murder for stabbing a fellow inmate 51 times in the prison chapel at Folsom.

April 21, 1972
Aryan Brotherhood members Fred S. Mendrin and Donald C. Hale murders Nuestra Familia member Fred Charles Castillo in Palm Hall at Chino Institute for men, the hit is ordered by Mexican Mafia leader Joe Morgan.
The murder reportedly seals a pact between the Aryan Brotherhood and Mexican Mafia.

October 13, 1972
Gilbert "Shotgun" Sanchez is acquitted of murdering Raymond Ochoa in his City of Commerce apartment on orders from Joe Morgan.
Sanchez was already serving a combined 150-year sentence for 15 counts of armed robbery.

October 31, 1972
Rudy Cadena is returned to Chino Institute for men as a parole violator.

December 12, 1972
Nuestra Familia members Santos and Gilbert Arranda are stabbed in the inmate Reception and Guidance center at Chino Institute for men.

December 18, 1972
Members of la Nuestra Familia stab Rudy Cadena 70 times in Palm Hall at Chino Institute for men. Gilbert Sandoval and Steven Oropeza are injured in the attack as well.

A.- 36 inmate murders occurred in behind bars in 1972, 30 of which are attributed to the Mexican mafia.

B. -[LUCHA] Director Eduardo Aguirre flees to Mexico with $146,000 of the groups funds after a federal audit finds $300,000 in federal funds missing from the groups coffers causing the collapse of the program.

C. -Community concern 'an L.A., based community self help organization,' receives $ 1 million in federal funds.
Ex-convict Rafael '”Chispas” Sandoval a man with ties to Italian organized criminals including Jimmy Coppola is the director.
Sandoval also expanded Eme's political ties donating several hundred thousand dollars to "Richard Alatorre's" campaign for the California assembly.

June 1975
Morgan secures a contract with organized crime figures, which provides Eme with half dozen kilos of pure Mexican heroin in exchange for hits on the streets of Los Angeles.
The operation "which runs from Juarez through Tijuana into Los Angeles, San Francisco and Sacramento," nets the Mexican Mafia a profit of $60,000 per week wholesale uncut.

A. -Michael Delia a paroled Eme member sets up Project Get Going. The stated aim of the program is to assist convicts re-adjust to living in society.
Delia's program is launched by $228,000 worth of government aide.

B. -Joe Morgan is released on parole.
He is quickly indicted on federal narcotics charges and flees to Utah.

January 15, 1977
Robert Lewis special assistant to Senator Alex P. Garcia (D-Los Angeles) is gunned down by Eme members.
Lewis was tied in with Michael Delia's Project Get Going.

January 16, 1977
Eddie “The Sailor” Gonzales and Michael Delia murder Ysidro Trujillo a resident of Project Get Goings halfway house in Los Angeles.

February 1, 1977
Alfred “Alfie” Sosa, Daniel “Choco” Montellano and Manuel Torres shoot Eme member Gibert Roybal to death in his Fresno home after announcing his plans to defect from the gang.
Robert “Robot” Salas ordered the hit.

February 11, 1977
Alfred “Alfie” Sosa and Raymond “Huero shy” Shyrock stab Bruno Chavez an Eme associate to death in Glassell Park.

February 15, 1977
Daniel “Choco” Montellano kills George “Poyo” Felix in his Rosemead home.

February 17, 1977
Alfred “Alfie” Sosa and Eddie “The Sailor” Gonzales shoot Michael Delia’s wife Ellen to death in Sacramento both known Eme hit men.
Her husband Michael who feared she would expose the illegal affairs of Project Get Going ordered Delia’s murder.

February 20, 1977
Eme godfather Robert "Robot" Salas, Alfred "Alfie" Sosa and Armando Varela are arrested in Monterey Park and charged with possession of a concealed weapon.
Sosa and Salas are released on bail but Varela remains in custody and begins co-operating in the investigation of the murder of Ellen Delia resulting in the re-arrest and filing of murder charges against Salas for the murders of Gilbert Roybal and Delia.
Eddie "The Sailor" Gonzales has also provided information in 9 Eme murders.

March 26, 1977
Alfred "Alfie" Sosa is arrested and charged with the murders of Ellen Delia and Gilbert Roybal. Sosa was apprehended in Tijuana, Mexico.

July, 1977
Joe Morgan is captured in Utah, a charge of trafficking firearms is added to the narcotics and fugitive warrants he was facing.

May 15, 1978
Joe Morgan is sentenced to 5 years in state prison for being a felon in possession of a firearm and transporting a rifle across state lines.
2 hours later in federal court he is sentenced to serve 2 to 10 years in federal prison for possession of heroin.

Based on the testimony of Ramon "Mundo" Mendoza, Morgan is convicted of second degree murder and sentenced to life in prison for the murder of an Eme member who fell out of favor.

October 1978
Daniel Montellano released from jail after posting $100,000 in the Los Angeles murder cases and another $150,000 in the Fresno case.

November 11, 1978
Inmate Thomas Trejo is stabbed to death at the Federal Correctional Institution at Lompoc, California.
A autopsy reveals Trejo suffered 45 stab wounds.
Eme kingpin Adolpho "Champ" Reynoso, Pedro Flores and inmate Gouveia are later sentenced to serve life plus 99 years in federal prison.

November 3, 1978
Investigation launched into the relationship of Judge Lenore Schreiber, Daniel Montellano and Robert Salas after it is learned she has put money on the books for both men at the county jail.
Montellano had also lent the judge his car on at least one occassion.

May 30,1979
Daniel "Choco" Montellano is charged with the murder of 17-year-old Jerry Granillo outside of Montellano's Visalia apartment.

June 30,1982
Tito Marines Jr., best friend of Reuben T. Hernandez is found dead in southeast Ontario.
Marines murder was believed to have been a paid hit carried out on behalf of Mary Lou Davilla Salazar a known drug dealer.

October 14,1984
Alfred Arthur Sandoval [Arizona Maravilla] shoots and kills Gilbert Martinez and Anthony Aceves [Mariana Maravilla] a third victim "Manuel Torres survives the attack.

October 31,1984
Ray and Marlene Wells are shot execution style in their home in Belvedere Park.
Alfred Arthur Sandoval [Arizona Maravilla] is charged in these murders.

June 22,1987
Mary Lou Davilla Salazar, Lourdes Flores and Francisco Delgado Ortiz are found slain in a home on “SUNKIST STREET” in Ontario.

June 25,1987
Reuben "Tupi" Hernandez high ranking Eme member is arrested in connection with the Ontario murders.

July 19,1988
Reuben Tommy "Tupi" Hernandez is sentenced to 3 consecutive life terms plus 16 years in state prison for the murders of Salazar, Flores and Ortiz.

August 17,1990
Joe "Colorado Red" Ariaz excecutes Daniel Arriaga and Salvador Barrasa on orders from Robert "Robot" Salas in Fontana.
Arriaga owed $30,000 in taxes to the Mexican Mafia.

June 12,1991
Joe "Colorado Red" Ariaz convicted of one count of first-degree murder in the death of Daniel Arriaga the jury failed to reach a verdict on the charge relating to the death of Salvador Barrasa.

July 16,1991
Eme soldier Salvador "Mon" Buenrostro is stabbed 26 times in an interview room at the Los Angeles county jail by Benjamin "Topo" Peters and Rene "Boxer" Enriquez.
Buenrostro was attacked for causing dissension within the group
"he made negative comments about Eme Godfather Joe Morgan."

August 8,1991
Joe "Colorado Red" Ariaz sentenced to serve 29 years to life in state prison.

Deputy Edward Roman is stabbed in the Los Angeles county jail by a suspected Eme member armed with the sharpened end of a broom handle.
Deputies find a 4-inch metal shank hidden in the rectum of Eme associate Eulalio Martinez.
Martinez is later killed for failing to carry out attacks against deputies at the county jail.

February 1992
American Me a film about Mexican Mafia icons Joe Morgan and Rudy Cadena is released starring and directed by Edward James Olmos.
The film offends Morgan and a contract is issued to eliminate Olmos and Eme members who served as advisors on the project.

March 1992
Charles "Charlie Brown" Manriquez a 53-year-old Eme veterano is gunned down while walking through Ramona Gardens. Manriquez had served as an advisor to Olmos during the filming of American Me, authorities recovered an American Me business card from one of his pockets.

May 13, 1992
Ana Lizarraga a Ramona Gardens gang counselor and consultant on the film American Me is gunned down by Jose "Joker" Gilbert Gonzales [Big Hazard] a 29 year old parolee "out less than a month," was apprehended fleeing the scene of the crime.

February 1993
Jose Uribe is stabbed 37 times in his cell in the high-powered wing of the Los Angeles county jail.
Jorge Lopez and Joaquin Alvarado committed the murder to curry favor with the Mexican mafia who had labeled Uribe a rata.

March 12, 1993
Regino "The Bull" Deharo [South Ontario] gang member and recent parolee is captured after a 50 mile televised chase which includes a car jacking and several shots fired from the carjacked vehicle.
The event started when Deharo, Robert Garcia and Jesus Ochoa bungled a robbery at a home in Pomona.
During the televised chase Deharo wounded officer Roger Matthews.

Winter 1993
Mexican mafia emissary David "Smilon" Gallardo [Big Hazard] increases the amount of tax the homeboys of Big Hazard are required to pay as punishment for needlessly harassing customers.
His demand is met with resistance from several Hazard gang members particularly Ricardo "Joker" Gonzalez and Humberto "Capone" Madrigal.

October 26, 1993
Eme godfather Joseph "Pegleg" Morgan is diagnosed with inoperable cancer. He is transferred from Pelican to the prison ward at Corcoran.

November 9, 1993
Joe "Pegleg" Morgan dies of liver cancer at the age of 64.
Morgan had spent his last days in the prison hospital ward at Corcoran State prison.
Benjamin "Topo" Peters replaces Morgan as Eme godfather.
Peters is challenged for control of the group by Reuben "Tupi" Hernandez.

December 3, 1993
Ricardo "Rascal" Gonzalez found stabbed to death in the Ramona Gardens housing project next to Smokey's wall.

January 1994
Humberto "Capone" Madrigal is severely wounded near the Ramona Gardens housing project.
Madrigal initially identifies Smilon Gallardo as his assailant but later retracts his statement.

February 1994
Gallardo and associate Juan "China Boy" Arias engage in a gun battle with Ricardo "Richie" and Eduardo "Lalo" Soriano.
Both Soriano brothers were severely wounded and Arias suffered a wound to his hand.

March 1994
Ernest "Chuco" Castro [Vario Nuevo Estrada] a feared Eme assassin begins cooperating with authorities leading to the arrest of 21 Eme members later in the year.

April 1995
A. -Eme Godfather Benjamin "Topo" Peters ends the conflict between Gallardo and Big Hazard arranging a peace agreement, which led to Gallardo's removal of the Green light on Big Hazard in appreciation for Joker Gonzalez's murder of Anna Lizarraga. Rascal Gonzalez was Joker's brother.

B. -Assisted by Ernest "Chuco" Castro, 12 Eme members are arrested at the La Mirada Holiday Inn.

April 22 1995
Richard Valdez, Jose Ortiz, Daniel Logan and Jimmy Palma on the order of Raymond “Huero Shy” Shyrock and Luis “Big Homie” Maciel kill Eme defector Anthony Moreno and 4 other members of his family.

May 1, 1995
22 members and associates of the Mexican Mafia are indicted on RICO charges.

Benjamin "Topo" Peters [El Hoyo Soto],
Reuben "Tupi" Hernandez [Onterio Black Angeles],
Raymond "Huero Shy" Shyrock [El Hoyo Soto],
Michael "Musclehead" Salinas [Orange County],
David "Smilon" Gallardo [Big Hazard],
Sammy "Negro" Villalba,
Richard "Ricky" Gutierrez,
Juan "China Boy" Arias,
Alex "Pee Wee" Aguirre [Avenues],
Antonio "Tonito" Rodriquez,
Ronald Ray "Champ" Mendez [Orange County],
Randy "Cowboy" Therrien [Big Bassett],
Daniel "Black Dan" Barela,
Jesse "Pelon" Moreno,
Victor "Victorio" Murillo [Salinas],
Joe "Shakey" Hernandez,
Reuben "Night Owl" Castro [18th Street],
George Bustamante [associate] are among the indicted.

June 6, 1995
Benjamin "Topo" Peters and Reuben "Tupi" Hernandez plead not guilty in the indictment, which is known as the Mexican Mafia case.

September 21, 1995
Vincent Castro Caldera an Eme associate [answering to Alex "Pee Wee" Aguirre] and a leader of the Avenues gang is arrested in the murder of 3 year Stephanie Kuhen on Isabel Street in the Cypress Park neighborhood of L.A.
Her family had taken a wrong turn down a North East L.A. street and was caught in a barrage of gang gunfire.
Avenues gang members Anthony Rodriquez, Manuel Rosales and Hugo Gomez are also held.

October 20, 1995
San Bernardino Eme representative Phillip "Chano" Chavez [Mount Vernon] his cousin Patricio Rocha and Margie Martinez are shot to death by Ernie "Leche" Carillo [Mount Vernon Counts] in retaliation for Chano's ordering the death of his nephew Michael Carillo.
Michael Carillo had failed to deliver on a promise he had while incarcerated.

November 24, 1995
Ernie Joe "Leche" Carillo Sr. is murdered in retaliation for the slaying of Eme member Phillip "Chano" Chavez and two of his relatives the previous month.

December 27, 1995
Ignacio "Toby", David Villa and Cathy Estrada "Ignacio's wife," for the murders of Armando Castillo and Gilbert Hernandez.
Their bodies were found May 9 in an alley in the 600 block of State Street in Upland, California.

November 20, 1996
13 of the original 22 indicted in the Mexican mafia case go to trial.

December 22, 1996
Former Eme hit man Johnny Torres enters testimony regarding the rules and regulations imposed on its members by the Mexican mafia.

March 23, 1997
Ennis Cosby is found dead beside his car near the Los Angeles freeway. Mikhael Markhasev a self-described Mexican mafia member is arrested.

March 23, 1997
Chief prosecution witness Ernnest "Chuco" Castro [Vario Nuevo Estrada] wraps up his testimony in the Eme trial.

May 1997
Salvador Buenrostro appears as a defense witness in the Mexican mafia trial.
Buenrostro an inmate at Pelican Bay testifies that his stabbing at the Los Angeles county jail by Topo Peters and Boxer Enriquez stemmed from a personal dispute not gang politics.

May 29, 1997
Victor "Victorio" Murillo is acquitted of all charges in the Mexican Mafia case.
The others
Benjamin "Topo" Peters,
Reuben "Tupi" Hernandez,
Alex "Pee Wee" Aguirre,
"Shakey Joe" Hernandez,
Daniel "Black Dan" Barela,
Raymond "Huero Shy" Shyrock,
David "Smilon" Gallardo,
Juan "China Boy" Arias,
Reuben "Night Owl" Castro,
Randy "Cowboy" Therrien,
Raymond "Champ" Mendez
and Jesse "Pelon" Moreno are all convicted.

June 3, 1997
Hugo Gomez, Manuel Rosales and Anthony Rodriquez are convicted of murdering 3-year-old Stephanie Kuhen.

June 11, 1997
Richard Anthony Valdez and Jimmy Palma are sentenced to death for the murder of Anthony and Maria Moreno, Gustavo Aguirre and Ambrose Padilla on April 22, 1995.
Daniel Logan and Jose Ortiz were sentenced to 129 years to life earlier for their parts in the murders.

July 3, 1997
Marcos Antonio Luna enters a guilty plea in the death of Stephanie Kuhen.

July 12, 1997
Eme member Robert “Gypsy” Cervantes shoots Placentia resident Paul Fix to death during a robbery.

August 2, 1997
Hugo David Gomez, Anthony Gabriel Rodriquez and Manuel Rosales Jr., are sentenced to 54 years and 8 months to life in prison for the Kuhen death.

August 29, 1997
18-year-old Avenues gang member Augustin Lizama is setenced to life in prison for his role in the death of Stephanie Kuhen.

September 2, 1997
David "Smilon" Gallardo and Randy " Cowboy" Therrien are sentenced to life in prison without possibility of parole.
Gallardo received and additional 300 months in addition to the life sentence.

September 3, 1997
Benjamin "Topo" Peters, Raymond "Huero Shy" Shyrock, Reuben "Night Owl" Castro are sentenced to life in prison without parole.
Juan "China Boy" Arias (27) is sentenced to 32 years in federal prison. U.S. District Judge Ronald S.W. Lew stated he was giving Arias a break due to his youth. Judge Lew later sentenced Reuben "Tupi" Hernandez to his fourth life term.
Drawing the sentence were Daniel "black Dan" Barela and Jesse "Pelon" Moreno.
"Shakey" Joe Hernandez received a 32-year federal term.

September 5, 1997
Judge Lew sentences Raymond "Champ" Mendez and Alex "Pee Wee" Aguirre to life sentences.

September 12, 1997
A San Diego drug ring run by incarcerated Mexican Mafia Frank "Chino" Macias Madriaga is broken up National City police.

September 27, 1997
Eme associate Reuben Gomez is charged with robbery and six counts of murder committed within five months of his release from Pelican Bay State prison.
Gomez had been in custody since his capture on July 2 after a failed home invasion robbery. All of the murders were committed against drug dealers who had balked or fallen behind in their tax payments to the Mexican mafia.
Arturo "Shady" Grajeda an accomplice in two of the murders remained at large.

October 1997
Fellow inmates stab Jimmy Palma to death on Death Row.

January 7, 1998
Luis "Big Homie" Maciel is sentenced to death for ordering the murder of Anthony "Dido" Moreno and 4 other members of his family.

April 4, 1998
Eme member Charles “Chacho” Woody shoots Victor “Victorio” Murillo dead in a parking lot in Visalia.

May 1, 1998
7-year-old Mindy Flores is gunned down in her living room as shots intended for her sisters boyfriend Armando Ibarra go astray.
Ibarra was under suspicion of providing information against an incarcerated Eme member.
A green light was issued okaying his death.

November 19, 1998
Richard Serrano, Jose Gutierrez and Enrique Delgadillo were shot to death on the order of Mariano "Chuy" Martinez in a Montebello autoshop.

January 7, 1999
Michael Hutto is shot as he stood in the doorway of a home in Colton. Edward and Anthony Hernandez [Northside Colton] are named as the prime suspects.
Hutto was green lighted by the Mexican Mafia after shortchanging them in a drug deal.

January 10, 1999
Arthur Daniel Flores [Northside Colton] and Joseph Caldera [Northside Colton] are found shot to death within two blocks of one another on Arrowhead Avenue in San Bernardino.
Brothers Edward and Anthony Hernandez are named as the prime suspects.
Arthur Flores was killed hours after he was taken into custody for questioning in the shooting of Hutto.

January 19, 1999
Edward and Anthony Hernandez are sentenced to 3 consecutive life sentences in state prison for three murders.

February 2, 1999
16 members of the Mexican mafia are arrested in a predawn sweep. Cheif amoung those arrested were
Frank "Sapo" Fernandez [Palmas 13],
Jesse "Shady" Detevis [South Gate],
Juan "Topo" Garcia,
Marcel "Psycho" Arevalo,
Daniel "Sporty" Bravo [all of Los Angeles]

David Contreras Gonzalez [Reseda], James "Drak" Maxon [Los Angeles] and Jesus "Dreamer" Ramirez [Los Angeles] eluded arrest in the raid.

July 1, 1999
United States Attorney Alejandro Mayorkas announces a third federal indictment aimed at the Mexican Mafia.
Javier Duarte,
Gerardo "Blanco" Jacobo,
Adrian Nieto,
Sally Peters [wife of Eme godfather Benjamin Peters],
Suzanne Schoenberg [wife of Eme member James "Smokey" Sanchez], Crispin "Conejo" Alvidrez,
Fernando "Cuate" Alvidrez,
Mario "Whisper" Castillo,
Rolando "Rolo" Ontiveros,
Dominick "Solo" Gonzalez,
Margaret Farrell,
Veronica Rodriquez,
Guadalupe Juarez,
Carlos "Cheeks" Aguilar,
Reuben "Toker" Rojas
and Joe "Inch" Annet are all named in this round.

September 1, 1999
Isaac Aguirre and Vincente Meza and Jesse "Jess Dog aka Worm" Chavez [Sur Crazy Ones] are arrested for the murder of Mindy Flores and the attempted murder of Armando Ibarra.

November 19, 1999
Ricardo Cruz "described as an Eme wannabe," is sentenced to 28 years to life for the murder of Rudy Saenz in Coachella.

February 21, 2000
The Mexican mafia organizes a riot in Pelican Bay which pits it's southern allies against black inmates.

April 13, 2000
Frank "Chino" Madriaga is convicted of drug and extortion charges.

July 17, 2000
Frank Macias Madriaga "Chino" is sentenced to 29 years and four months.

Septembr 8, 2000
11 members and associates of the Mexican mafia are arrested in the Inland Empire.

Antonio Hernandez,
Santos Hernandez,
Adolph Moraga,
Sadie Ramirez,
Judy Alvarado,
Paul Flores,
Monica Rodriquez,
Alfredo Valdez,
Raul Ramirez,
Alfonzo Aguila
and Danny Hanks
are charged with operating a drug ring with connections to a Mexican cartel.

October 6, 2000
Alfred Arthur Sandoval the highest-ranking Eme member on Death Row in California has his death sentence for the murder of Marlene Wells overturned by the federal 9th Circuit Court of Appeals.

October 24, 2000
Frank "Sapo" Fernandez,
Jimmy "Drak" Sanchez,
Robert Cervantes,
Dominick "Solo" Gonzalez,
Roy "Spider" Gavaldon,
Sally Peters,
Susanne Schoenberg,
Juan "Topo" are convicted of racketeering.

Adrian Nieto was acquitted of three counts of concpiracy to commit murder and one count of racketeering.

Mariano "Chuy" Martinez was tried seperately as he faced a possible death sentence for his involvement in the crimes detailed in the indictment.

November 26, 2000
The racketeering trial of Mariano "Chuy" Martinez begins in Los Angeles federal court.

January 6, 2001
Robert "Gypsy" Cervantes and David Gonzales Contreras are sentenced to life in federal prison without parole for murder and racketeering.

January 7, 2001
Robert "Gypsy" Cervantes [Arta 13] is ordered moved from state prison to a federal facility to break his influence in the Mexican Mafia.

February 8, 2001
Petra Celia Gonzales [wife of Eme leader Fred "Sapo" Gonzales and mother of Dominique "Nick" Gonzales convicted Eme associate] arrested as the head of a mail fraud ring from her Palmdale home.

February 15, 2001
Mariano "Chuy" Martinez is convicted of racketeering charges after 26 days of deliberation by the jury.

March 29, 2001
A.-Anthony Angulo and Ricky Camacho are convicted of killing Genaro Martinez.
Martinez "the brother of a high ranking Eme member," was shot in the back on April 25, 2000.

B.-First degree murder charges were filed against Jose Luis "Clever" Sanchez an Eme member from Los Angeles for his role in planning a riot at Pelican Bay which pitted Sureño inmates against black prisoners. Miguel Sanchez "also from Los Angeles," was killed when a correctional officer opened fire on the rioting inmates on February 23, 2001.
28 inmates were injured in the riot three of which suffered gunshot wounds.

April 30, 2001
Catarino "Termite" Gonzalez Jr., [18th Street] goes on trial for the murder of LAPD officer Filbert Cuesta on August 9, 1998.

November 26, 2001
John "Fox" Turscak [Rockwoood Street] former street general turned FBI informant is sentenced to 30 years in prison for crimes committed while he was an FBI informant.

November 28, 2001
Eme associated gang members ambush three L.A. county sheriff's deputies in the Inmate Reception Center downtown Los Angeles.

December 10, 2001
Inmate Antonio Haro slashes the neck of deputy Chris Varela at the inmate reception center in Los Angeles.
The attack was ordered by the Mexican mafia in response to a crack down by jail officials who became suspicious of a large number of high-ranking Eme leaders called as character witnesses in a court case in Los Angeles.

March 21, 2002
Racketeering trial of Frank "Pancho Villa" Martinez mexican mafia member and shot caller for the Columbia lil' cycos clique of the 18th street gang begins.

June 9, 2002
Mariano "Chuy" Martinez is sentenced to life without parole plus 130 years in federal prison for his role in directing the Mexican mafia's activity in Los Angeles on behalf of godfather Benjamin "Topo" Peters.

December 13, 2002
Anthony 'Coco' Zaragoza 18th street CLCs shot caller is sentenced to life in federal prison.

January 2, 2003
Jesus "Gizmo" Rochin former #3 man in Chuy Martinez's crew is sentenced to 12 years in prison for racketeering, attempted murder, assault and narcotics conspiracy.
Rochin became a prosecution witness to avoid a life term.

February 4, 2003
Francisco 'Puppet' Martinez is sentenced to life in prison plus 60 years after being convicted of running the Columbia lil cycos clique a branch of the 18th street gang that runs McArthur Park in Los Angeles.

wizdom
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by wizdom » March 20th, 2005, 9:33 pm

yea i saw the timeline, i saw i think the same one or a different one when i looked it up Joe Morgan in the internet. is there any pictures of Joe "Pegleg Morgan?

Chicano15
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Chicano15 » March 21st, 2005, 12:43 pm

KRDreJ wrote:
prettyboy wrote:who are you talking about>?
puppet
Well hell, with a name like that anyone would have doubted of him being gay lol.

StillNoScript
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Sacramento

Unread post by StillNoScript » March 22nd, 2005, 4:36 am

wizdom wrote:yea i saw the timeline, i saw i think the same one or a different one when i looked it up Joe Morgan in the internet. is there any pictures of Joe "Pegleg Morgan?
http://www.geocities.com/OrganizedCrime ... nGang.html

Scroll app. 1/3 down page.

StillNoScript
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Sacramento

Unread post by StillNoScript » March 22nd, 2005, 4:59 am

I just read the EME timeline that LoneWolf posted; All I've gotta say is what's up with all of the times Joe Morgan escaped from Jail? Lol. From the age of 16 right up to his death, about all he did was make a complete ass out of the California Penal system.

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

american me question

Unread post by se11 » June 15th, 2005, 12:27 pm

at the end of the movie when the three kids are in the car and the youngest one goes "fuck it, la primera lives" and aims to shoot. who is he aiming at? like are those people in a rival neighborhood or something, whats up with that?

Dr. Gonzo
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Dr. Gonzo » June 15th, 2005, 12:43 pm

He was not targeting anybody he was just being a punk who shoots ramdonly at people for no reason.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Re: American Me (1992) with Edward James Olmos

Unread post by alexalonso » September 4th, 2014, 9:37 pm

Just watched American Me, pretty good.

bumperjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
If in the United States: Hawaii
What city do you live in now?: Honalulu

Re: American Me (1992) with Edward James Olmos

Unread post by bumperjack » September 30th, 2014, 8:04 pm

That timeline is incortect movies and books are all based on portrayed untruthful facts,only. Real Experiences for those that were in the system when the California prison gangsvran the yards knowvthe real deal or those who were apart of certain groups these movies are not even close.

AlonzosEa
If in the United States: Connecticut
What city do you live in now?: Khujand

American Me 1992 with Edward James Olmos

Unread post by AlonzosEa » February 26th, 2016, 8:56 am

I can tell you now that if an actor takes the time as James did for this.. You can bet he is at the top of the heap. I deal with alot of the actors.. while MOST are really cool... You get some that are total jerks. Great to know that someone of James level takes the time. Speaks alot about his character.

Tim

___

XRumer 12.0.16 + SocPlugin: the BEST program for Facebook / VK / Forums / Blogs promotion!