Norteños In Texas

Discuss gangs in the The South in the following states; Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington D.C. & West Virgina
chupon106
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Texas
What city do you live in now?: Mission TX

Norteños In Texas

Unread post by chupon106 » May 6th, 2006, 9:36 am

im temporarily staying in mission, texas (rio grande valley, south texas). i was really surprised to hear when i got over here that there are norteños in la joya. a small neighboring town. i dont know how hardcore they are but i do hear about them getting in to rumbles. i saw another post on here where a vato from san juan was talking about norteños over there too. san juan is just a few minutes away from me. i would imagine the norteños would be at least somewhat hardcore cuz san juan is a little ghetto city. its home to TCB (Tri City Bombers) the most hardcore gang in the valley. so i guess it would be safe to say norteños are active in the valley. i know theres also norteños in dallas. about 2 weeks ago a aquintance of mine a sureño got his ass kicked by about 5 norteños in dallas. norteños are active in texas

willihen
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by willihen » September 21st, 2007, 6:15 am

Yeah, I knew a guy in Seguin who had Norteno ties.

MesqFlaco
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Dallas County

Unread post by MesqFlaco » September 25th, 2007, 10:38 am

I think alot of people confuse hispanic gangs wearing red with "Norteno". Alot of hispanic gangs wear red in Dallas because so many affiliate with blue or black. Whether they are true "Nortenos", I'm not positive.

Prison gangs in South Texas and in the Valley also affiliate with the "South" so Texas has it's own "Surenos" that have nothing to do with LA "Surenos".

What also confuses things are that Dallas is in North Texas, so naturally they associate themselves with the North - thought they may claim ES, WS or SS. Also, Mexican nationals consider anything north of Mexico, i.e.; the entire US, as "Norteno". Any of these can lead to "Norteno" gangs.

What's also funny is if you ask a black guy in Dallas, he'll tell you any mexican in red are "blood eses" which is also a not true.

For instance, I always remember the East Dallas gang "Varrio 13" with wearing blue and white.

From what I'm told, their clicks in Pleasant Grove are now wearing red because of the beefs with Eastside 13, PGV and the little locos 13 - all who wear blue to a certain extent. But the East Dallas Varrio 13 is still in blue? I'm asking....?

That's weird to me, if it is TRUE?

mission
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by mission » September 25th, 2007, 11:19 am

MesqFlaco wrote:I think alot of people confuse hispanic gangs wearing red with "Norteno". Alot of hispanic gangs wear red in Dallas because so many affiliate with blue or black. Whether they are true "Nortenos", I'm not positive.

Prison gangs in South Texas and in the Valley also affiliate with the "South" so Texas has it's own "Surenos" that have nothing to do with LA "Surenos".

What also confuses things are that Dallas is in North Texas, so naturally they associate themselves with the North - thought they may claim ES, WS or SS. Also, Mexican nationals consider anything north of Mexico, i.e.; the entire US, as "Norteno". Any of these can lead to "Norteno" gangs.

What's also funny is if you ask a black guy in Dallas, he'll tell you any mexican in red are "blood eses" which is also a not true.

For instance, I always remember the East Dallas gang "Varrio 13" with wearing blue and white.

From what I'm told, their clicks in Pleasant Grove are now wearing red because of the beefs with Eastside 13, PGV and the little locos 13 - all who wear blue to a certain extent. But the East Dallas Varrio 13 is still in blue? I'm asking....?

Yes, Varrio 13 in East Dallas wears red, and has been for atleast a few years. I dont know how or when. Things are VERY VERY different now now then they where in the early 90's(when I was in the game). East sides colors have always been Dark Blue. In the early 90's us mexicano gangs did't really care about colors it's always been a "Who you Down With" thing. But the new new generation seems to be fixated with Blue and Red, but they don't even bang hard at all. I've even over heard some of my son's friends, talking about bieng down with blue, but they aint bangin or even gangsters. It just seems to be a fad for the kids these days.

MesqFlaco
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by MesqFlaco » September 25th, 2007, 12:26 pm

I agree. I remember the big time beefs between NES 13 and ES 13 that seem ancient now. My uncle got shot over that beef in the 90's.

We used to ride in the back of the truck he was driving because of the two bullet holes in the back. We would look out of them at unsuspecting drivers. It was fun for 10 yr olds at the time... now it seems ghetto.

Do you know if the Varrio 13 is still active around Fair Park? I heard there are even some in the Rhoads Terrace Projects now - but I remember that being a 95% black project.

Who knows, raza could dominate there now?

mission
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by mission » September 25th, 2007, 2:20 pm

MesqFlaco wrote:I agree. I remember the big time beefs between NES 13 and ES 13 that seem ancient now. My uncle got shot over that beef in the 90's.

We used to ride in the back of the truck he was driving because of the two bullet holes in the back. We would look out of them at unsuspecting drivers. It was fun for 10 yr olds at the time... now it seems ghetto.

Do you know if the Varrio 13 is still active around Fair Park? I heard there are even some in the Rhoads Terrace Projects now - but I remember that being a 95% black project.

Who knows, raza could dominate there now?
I'm pretty sure Varrio 13 is still thier active, these streets come to mind(Jerome, Spurlock) Thier used to be major Slanging on those streets. They seem to be cool with the 415 bloods now, which is strange cuz back in the day, one of the main Varrio 13 players was jacked for his dope by some 415's(Things sure change). They've always had some black members so maybe thats the connection. NES13 I guess is still kinda around,I see thier shyt on the walls every once in a while around Carrol & Capitol. I got some crazy Stories about wars with NES13.LOL

MesqFlaco
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by MesqFlaco » September 25th, 2007, 3:31 pm

That is crazy... maybe that has something to do with Varrio 13 wearing red now? Being down like that with the bloods.

It's sounds like you were bangin ES or cool with them?

Roy's barber shop on Henderson Ave was a awkard place - both gangs would converge there sometimes (ES & NES) and I never knew if something would pop off!

I guess respect for the shop, stopped that from happening.

chupon106
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by chupon106 » October 16th, 2007, 9:14 pm

MesqFlaco wrote:I think alot of people confuse hispanic gangs wearing red with "Norteno". Alot of hispanic gangs wear red in Dallas because so many affiliate with blue or black. Whether they are true "Nortenos", I'm not positive.

Where you from, vato? You straight up trippin on some of this info. Gang members in the valley DO NOT affiliate themselves with SURENOS. I only know of 1 street gang whos name is SUR 13. There from my hometown, Brownsville (there might be a few others in the RGV since there's Sur 13 clikas all over the US & Mexico). Those vatos consider themeselves surenos but the other 99.9 of pandilleros out there DO NOT. Most of em probably don't even know what the hell a sureno is. And for damn there isn't no sureno prison gang in Texas. The only homegrown prison gang from the valle are the VALLUCOS. They have no affiliation with SUR. Where you getting your info?

About the nortenos down here in the valle. I heard of em through the homies. I never met any. There aren't no nortenos in Brown Town but I also stayed in Mission for 2 years. Mission is surrounded by a gang of other little cities. I heard about nortenos in the other cities. I don't know if they wore red like most nortenos. I heard about them on multiple occasions so I assume they put it down at least somewhat. Call em fakes or wannabes but they claim norteno and that's what they bang.

MesqFlaco
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by MesqFlaco » October 24th, 2007, 10:27 am

Chupon106:

I don't know much of anything from anywhere South of Dallas County. I was making general statements about how easy it is to pick a side based on where you're from or where you live.

I met a few dudes from Houston that claimed Nortenos which suprised me since Houston is WAY south of Dallas, but he told me it was a CITY thing - South Side Houston v.s. North Side Houston. I used to generalize anyone claiming to be Surenos or Nortenos with which part of the STATE their from (I got Cali roots) and not anything about the CITY they are from. I don't do that much anymore because in Texas there is a 50/50 chance it's not that way.

Where did I get my info from?: While I was in El Paso I met a guy from "The Valley" and he said that it was in South Texas. I didn't even know there was valley in Texas... just to let you know how brain dead I was to the situation there. He said that in "The Valley" there were people who called themselves "Valleros", who fought guy's who claimed to be "Surenos".

He wasn't clear and I wasn't about to interview him, so I guessed that the Surenos he was talking about were from "the Valley" too and that's where my comment came from. I thought it was a City wide beef, with one side claiming Sur and the other claiming Valley. I guess I was wrong.

Now, in the TDC - there are Texas Sureno gangs but again, I don't know if these are CITY Southsiders or STATE southsiders or what. But they are in there!

And to be clear, they were Texas Surenos and not California Surenos.

chupon106
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by chupon106 » December 12th, 2007, 10:13 pm

MesqFlaco wrote:Chupon106:

I don't know much of anything from anywhere South of Dallas County. I was making general statements about how easy it is to pick a side based on where you're from or where you live.

I met a few dudes from Houston that claimed Nortenos which suprised me since Houston is WAY south of Dallas, but he told me it was a CITY thing - South Side Houston v.s. North Side Houston. I used to generalize anyone claiming to be Surenos or Nortenos with which part of the STATE their from (I got Cali roots) and not anything about the CITY they are from. I don't do that much anymore because in Texas there is a 50/50 chance it's not that way.

Where did I get my info from?: While I was in El Paso I met a guy from "The Valley" and he said that it was in South Texas. I didn't even know there was valley in Texas... just to let you know how brain dead I was to the situation there. He said that in "The Valley" there were people who called themselves "Valleros", who fought guy's who claimed to be "Surenos".

He wasn't clear and I wasn't about to interview him, so I guessed that the Surenos he was talking about were from "the Valley" too and that's where my comment came from. I thought it was a City wide beef, with one side claiming Sur and the other claiming Valley. I guess I was wrong.

Now, in the TDC - there are Texas Sureno gangs but again, I don't know if these are CITY Southsiders or STATE southsiders or what. But they are in there!

And to be clear, they were Texas Surenos and not California Surenos.
What city was this vato from who said he was from the valley? I don't know who the Valleros are. I'm guessing this Vallero/Sureno beef he was speaking on were probably street gangs. I've know of NO Texas Sureno PRISON gang. There's probably surenos in there because of there street gang affiliation but prison gang, I don't know of any.

Now this is somewhat off topic, I have no idea why but I've heard a few times from different sources that Califas prison gangs beef with Texas prison gangs. One vato told me that Califas surenos get put in PC (protective custody) in Texas. Another vato told me his homeboy is a Cuerno (Texas Syndicate) and that he has a brother from Califas who I think is in La Eme and his own brother (the Eme vato) told him ni te me acerques (don't get anywhere near me). Anyone else heard of this this? I think it's pretty strange since Texas and California aint that close.

MIROLLO
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Houstone

Re: Norteños In Texas

Unread post by MIROLLO » September 30th, 2008, 7:30 am

The only gang that I know of that claims to be norteños in the Lower Rio Grande Valley of South Texas is in the bordertown of Hidalgo,which is 15mins. or so south of McAllen,in Hidalgo County...They simple called themselves Norte XIV,but where known by others as the Hidalgo Norte XIV's...They also hit up the name Norte XIV Bloods...I remember seeing this myself like around the mid 90's or so...Don't know if it was a separate group dough...I believe they did this cause of the association with the color red and the fame the word had cause of movies or rap...But that's just my opinion...I remember alot of hoods use to do this back in the days,most turned into whatever they was claiming or became hybrids claiming two distinct things or dropped from doing that all together,but that is a whole other subject...Anyways don't know much about them but I do know they used to come out in force,flashing their red rags,during borderfest in their lil'town of Hidalgo...I never saw them,or heard of them,outside of their turf or school districts dough...Besides them for awhiles a clique from a McAllen barrio(gang)called La Navarro seperated and started claiming norte...These where los Kendlewood Ave. Boys of La Navarro(BLN"KWBS)who turned into Barrio La Garra Norte XIV(BLG14)...They named themselves after a pawnshop that was on N.Bicentennial and Hackberry Ave.,actually still is there but has a different name now...They didn't last long and rejoined Barrio La Navarro(BLN)with their former name...Some dudes in La Navarro also claimed norte for awhile aswell hitting up BLN XIV...This was due to an internal conflict between Cali connected Sureño and norteño factions(supporters)within this gang...The norteños in this conflict lost,cause the veteranos really wheren't down with ither side of the conflict...The sureño faction split and turned into another gang all together,they lasted acouple of years but where disbanded at the end...The norteño thing in La Navarro was like around the mid 90's,they didn't make it past the late 90's...The Sureños lasted till like the mid 2000's or so,they had been around since maybe the late 80's in that gang claiming BLN SUR13 for awhile aswell,but this is also another story...There where also some norteños from northern Cali for awhile around the NorthSide causing trouble and instigating the conflict within La Navarro...They used to all live in a crib that was within the territory of a barrio(gang)known as La Alvarez(BLA)...La Alvarez and La Navarro are both allies...After they got into it with some veteranos and more hardcore members of La Navarro they where driving out and put in check...After that never heard from them,actually they never really hit up or claimed a turf nor recruited...I figure they must have gone back to where they was from,I really never knew what city or gang they was from all I knew they was califas norte...Besides this i don't know of any other norte claimers down there at the moment...There are other gangs whose colors where also red,most known of these are the Tri-City Bombers(Tri-City area:P.,S.J.,A.)...But non where norteños or bloods,just local valley gangs doing their thing...Well at least on the westend(side)of the valle that is,can't speak for the eastern part of it myself...As for norteños being in La Joya or San Juan well I don't know about that...Like I said back in my days when I was getting down in the streets of NorthSide Mcallen only ones who have claimed it for a long time where in Hidalgo...As for other parts of Tejas can't say for sures but I have heard of some like in different cities around the state...I just recently saw XIV with some other initials over in the northeast parts of Houston,up on Mesa/F.M.527 past Tidwell...Think the city neighborhood is called Kentshire Place...It's straight boonies out there but I guess some gang is up in there claiming XIV...Anyhow that's all I know about that on the matter.............Thee Original1. Puro Valle 956 & McAllito 4Lifers...

Return to “Gang Questions, Info & News - South - U.S.A.”