8 BALL - CRIPS AND FOLKS ALLIANCE

Discuss gangs in the The South in the following states; Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington D.C. & West Virgina
Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: New York City

Re: 8 BALL - CRIPS AND FOLKS ALLIANCE

Unread post by Cold Bear » March 2nd, 2005, 10:09 am

Still you can't deny you can see Crip/Folk symbols put together everyday. In BK I see it ALL the time. Everyday new shit. Your set might be different but if fools are still putting it up with fresh hit-ups and lil girls are learning how to throw the star from they older brothers, what that look like to you? These girls too young to know how to throw this up without guidance.

blackmanofhonor
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by blackmanofhonor » March 2nd, 2005, 10:14 am

^^^most likely they arent real folks.Niggas dont play around about that,and if you claim youre apart of an organization but arent from a plugged or ''on the map'' area,or you dont have anyone that can vouch for you,then you wont be considered a real member and that can get you seriously hurt.

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Cold Bear » March 2nd, 2005, 10:24 am

In my earlier post I thought i made it clear... it might be one of the only areas where Crips and Folks are put under the same banner, mostly by dummies. The extent it happens is why I bring it up. From what I hear Folks is almost non-xistent in BK so why the star?

Q
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Q » March 2nd, 2005, 10:30 am

Cold Bear wrote:In my earlier post I thought i made it clear... it might be one of the only areas where Crips and Folks are put under the same banner, mostly by dummies. The extent it happens is why I bring it up. From what I hear Folks is almost non-xistent in BK so why the star?
theres many folks in bk and they ride with the crips most of the time but around my way we dont fucc with folks there jus another gang 2 us. and yea people r still being misguided with that star shit in ny but its only the homies that dont know shit bout what dey claiming das throwin it up.

blackmanofhonor
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by blackmanofhonor » March 2nd, 2005, 10:46 am

^^^what kind of folks are in NYC?

Q
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Q » March 2nd, 2005, 2:11 pm

blackmanofhonor wrote:^^^what kind of folks are in NYC?

mad sets that aint plugged with next names but dey do got gd and bgd too.

rocstar
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by rocstar » March 3rd, 2005, 3:40 am

blackmanofhonor wrote:
kiCKer wrote:
blackmanofhonor wrote:''what you gotta understand is...you are ONE person from there and he is ONE person from pasadena. he is arguin' for himself''

he didnt argue for himself when he said ''folks have love for crips because we wear blue''.Thats just not true,so I corrected him.
okay then...you corrected him...but what's with the 10 replies sayin' the same thing over and over and over? pasa is not as hood as mil...
youre right.But its kind of hard to not get back down to that topic because some fool always has something to say about a place they know nothing about.
I haven't dissed Mil, dont diss places cuzz I know every place got killas, but you dont know personally about Pasadena (and its a city I dont like) cuzz yo people telling you about it, they probably dont know about it either driving through alot of it looks nice, and it has that type of image, but get caught on that North West side, in the snake pits or wherever else and you can and will get dealt with, I have personally had more than a few life or death situations go down out there, and you got to remember they got the biggest Damu gang in LA county in dena

blackmanofhonor
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by blackmanofhonor » March 3rd, 2005, 7:59 am

my prissey aunt aint about to move to no city that has too much violence....shes lives in cali now and is very wealthy.She visited the mil and was scared and asking us how do we live here.Just the fact that she was going to move to Pasadena lets me know it aint exactly a wicked city.Im sure there are real niggas in Dena,but it aint like places like milwaukee,where theres constant cappin and constant violence,some gang related some not.

blackmanofhonor
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by blackmanofhonor » March 3rd, 2005, 8:13 am

all im saying is pasadena aint south central LA or Compton.

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Cold Bear » March 3rd, 2005, 8:22 am

I read your site, and on the other hand you got a little less than 5 times as many people in Milwaukee than Pasadena but don't even have twice as many violent crimes, according to your site. That means you are more likely to be a victim or statistic in Pasadena than in Milwaukee. If you want to get "Technical".

blackmanofhonor
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by blackmanofhonor » March 3rd, 2005, 9:22 am

lol....you have things switched around.Re read that again.

blackmanofhonor
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by blackmanofhonor » March 3rd, 2005, 9:25 am

milwaukee is almost 5 times as large as pasadena,with a murder rate nearly 20 times higher,an overall violent crime rate that is almost double that of pasadena,and a property crime rate that is double that of pasa.Milwaukees crime rate is much higher on every level than pasadenas.Cold bear you got the statistics switched around.

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Cold Bear » March 3rd, 2005, 9:35 am

Milwaukee, WI
Population: 584,763
Violent Crimes: 976.6

Pasadena, CA
Population: 138,672
Violent Crimes: 527.9

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Cold Bear » March 3rd, 2005, 9:40 am

Fool, The point is that you have almost 5 times as many people, with only double the crime rate. That means... You are more likely to encounter crime in Pasadena than Milwaukee. Pasadena is a city INSIDE LA county, with a little over 100,000 people, almost a fifth of the people, but half of Milwaukee's number of violent crimes. Fifth of the people - half the violent crimes.

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Cold Bear » March 3rd, 2005, 9:42 am

Overall, you are SAFER in Milwaukee, because there's less of a chance of you being a victim or statistic

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Cold Bear » March 3rd, 2005, 9:44 am

Let me rephrase, you have a higher chance of being murdered in Milwaukee, but the percent of crimes per person in Pasadena is higher.

blackmanofhonor
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by blackmanofhonor » March 3rd, 2005, 9:51 am

no need for the disrespect.overall you are much safer in pasadena than Milwaukee.You are more likely to be assaulted,murdered,robbed,have your house burnt down,have your car stolen or any other crime in Milwaukee than pasadena.I dont think you understand statictics correctly,it has nothing to do with the size of the city.Gary,Indiana is smaller than Pasadena and has a higher murder or crime rate than Milwaukee.

blackmanofhonor
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by blackmanofhonor » March 3rd, 2005, 9:53 am

Cold Bear wrote:Fool, The point is that you have almost 5 times as many people, with only double the crime rate. That means... You are more likely to encounter crime in Pasadena than Milwaukee. Pasadena is a city INSIDE LA county, with a little over 100,000 people, almost a fifth of the people, but half of Milwaukee's number of violent crimes. Fifth of the people - half the violent crimes.

you are the fool

blackmanofhonor
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by blackmanofhonor » March 3rd, 2005, 9:54 am

Cold Bear wrote:Let me rephrase, you have a higher chance of being murdered in Milwaukee, but the percent of crimes per person in Pasadena is higher.

lol,obviously you can comprehend statistics.

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Cold Bear » March 3rd, 2005, 9:59 am

Yo Excuse my words, but the size of the city DOES matter. You got more violent crimes PER PERSON in Pasadena (almost three times as many violent crimes per person if you do the math), making it more dangerous, simple as that. Think about it, you know how they say, you got more chance of dying in a car than on a airplane, yet people scared to fly. I'm speakin on ODDS here, homie. The ODDS of you being a victim of a violent crime in Milwaukee is lower than Pasadena.

blackmanofhonor
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by blackmanofhonor » March 3rd, 2005, 10:05 am

let me give you a math/statistic lesson,cold bear....

the way they do statistics like those is.....''assuming the cities were the same size.........''.Its just like Compton,Compton is even smaller than pasadena,but Compton still has a higher murder and violent crime rate than the Mil.That means that if compton was the same size as milwaukee ,there would be more murders in Milwaukee than there is now.Milwaukee has more murders on a number level than Compton,but you are more likely to be murdered in compton than Milwaukee.

when a rate is higher,that means that its more likely to happen in that city,because the way they do statistics is they rate each city as if they were the same size.

blackmanofhonor
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by blackmanofhonor » March 3rd, 2005, 10:07 am

Cold Bear wrote:Yo Excuse my words, but the size of the city DOES matter. You got more violent crimes PER PERSON in Pasadena (almost three times as many violent crimes per person if you do the math), making it more dangerous, simple as that. Think about it, you know how they say, you got more chance of dying in a car than on a airplane, yet people scared to fly. I'm speakin on ODDS here, homie. The ODDS of you being a victim of a violent crime in Milwaukee is lower than Pasadena.

no,the odds of you being a victim of violent crime in Milwaukee is higher than pasadena,because milwaukee has a higher RATE than pasadena.

the odds of you being a victim of violent crime in Gary indiana or Compton is higher than Milwaukee,because although those cities are much smaller than the mil,they have a higher RATE than the mil.

blackmanofhonor
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by blackmanofhonor » March 3rd, 2005, 10:11 am

when a city has a higher rate that means its more likely to happen in that city,it has nothing to do with size.

the name of that site is safest cities.Pasadena is smaller than the mil,but alot safer.Compton on the other hand is even smaller than pasadena,but Milwaukee is safer than Compton.Do you understand cold bear?

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Cold Bear » March 3rd, 2005, 10:20 am

http://www.bestplaces.net/city/cccrim.a ... ty=0656000&

Is it not

1,043.4 Violent Crimes for Milwaukee
604.9 Violent Crimes for Pasadena?

blackmanofhonor
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by blackmanofhonor » March 3rd, 2005, 10:22 am

mil has a higher rate than pasa,so mil is more wicked

compton has a higher rate than mil,so compton is more wicked

even thou both compton and pasa are smaller than the mil.

get it yet,cold bear?

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Cold Bear » March 3rd, 2005, 10:30 am

Even if you're right, you gotta remember, Pasadena is one area of a larger city. Milwaukee is a stand alone city. Compare LA as a whole to Milwaukee.

http://www.bestplaces.net/city/cccrim.a ... ty=0644000&

Also, it doesn't say anything about the violent crimes being per 100,000 people here:
http://www.bestplaces.net/city/cccrim.a ... ty=0656000&

blackmanofhonor
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by blackmanofhonor » March 3rd, 2005, 10:33 am

I am right.pasadena is its own city,although it is in LA county.Its not apart of the city of Los angeles.Just like waukesha is apart of Milwaukee county,but it is not apart of the city of Milwaukee.

no disrespect,but you dont really understand the dynamics of statistics.

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Cold Bear » March 3rd, 2005, 10:35 am

It was faulty for you even to compare Milwaukee to Pasadena in the first place. All folks from Pasadena consider themselves Angelinos, not Pasadenans lol
More fair to compare LA to Milwaukee, no? Or NY to Milwaukee?

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Cold Bear » March 3rd, 2005, 10:37 am

And as far as me not undertanding statistics, I was doing my own math, not knowing they had already calculated it to the 'per 100,000'. I was taking the per 100,000 number as a total of violent crimes committed. Excuse my mistake

blackmanofhonor
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by blackmanofhonor » March 3rd, 2005, 10:38 am

Los angeles has a higher violent crime rate than the mil...mil is at 1,043.4,LA is at 1,283.2.Milwaukees murder rate is almost double that of LA,but LAs aggravated assault rate is almost double that of the mil.So you are more likely to get your ass kicked in LA,and your more likely to have an overall violent crime done to you in LA.But you are more likely to have your life taken in the mil.The mils property crime rate is in the top 5 of the country,its higher than LAs.That means you are more likely to get your house broke into,get your car stolen,etc in the mil.

that chart is talking about the city of los angeles,not the entire county.Just like its talking about the city of Milwaukee,not the entire county.they do that city by city.

blackmanofhonor
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by blackmanofhonor » March 3rd, 2005, 10:41 am

Cold Bear wrote:It was faulty for you even to compare Milwaukee to Pasadena in the first place. All folks from Pasadena consider themselves Angelinos, not Pasadenans lol
More fair to compare LA to Milwaukee, no? Or NY to Milwaukee?

not really.(for the record I only brought that because Pasa was downin my city)Since they do that per capita.Those numbers represent how it would be ''if the cities were the same size''.

so you could take a city of 100,000 and compare it to a city of 7 million.The statistics assume the cities are the same size.

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Cold Bear » March 3rd, 2005, 10:43 am

After all of this, my opinion didn't change about Milwaukee. It is more dangerous than most people think...point taken, but it's still off the map in many other respects, so...why hype it up so much?