Black Woman Tortured

Discuss gangs in the The South in the following states; Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington D.C. & West Virgina
'X'
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: North Dakota
What city do you live in now?: ........

Black Woman Tortured

Unread post by 'X' » September 11th, 2007, 10:25 pm

Details emerge in W.Va. torture case
'Out of a Horror Movie:' Woman Held, Tortured

By JOHN RABY and TOM BREEN

BIG CREEK, W.Va. (AP) -- For at least a week, authorities say, a young black woman was held captive in a mobile home, forced to eat animal waste, stabbed, choked and repeatedly sexually abused - all while being peppered with a racial slur.

It wasn't until deputies acting on an anonymous tip drove to a ramshackle trailer deep in West Virginia's rural hills that she was found. Limping toward the door with her arms outstretched, she uttered, "Help me," the Logan County sheriff's office said.

Six people, all white, including a mother and son and a mother and daughter, have been arrested and could face federal hate crime charges in the suspected attack on 20-year-old Megan Williams, who remained hospitalized Tuesday with injuries that included four stab wounds in the leg, and black and blue eyes. Her right arm was in a cast.

"I'm better," Williams told The Associated Press in a voice barely above a whisper.

"I don't understand a human being doing another human being the way they did my daughter," Carmen Williams said Tuesday from the Charleston Area Medical Center. "I didn't know there were people like that out here."

The AP generally does not identify suspected victims of sexual assault, but Williams and her mother agreed to release her name.

A prosecutor said police are investigating the possibility that the victim was lured to the house and attacked by a man she had met online, but Carmen Williams insisted that wasn't the case. "This wasn't from the Internet," she said.

Authorities were still looking for two people they believe drove the woman to the house where she was abused, said Logan County Chief Deputy V.K. Dingess. Deputies also interviewed Williams on Tuesday morning. An FBI spokesman in Pittsburgh, Bill Crowley, confirmed that the agency is looking into possible civil rights violations.

The case is "something that would have come out of a horror movie," Logan County Sheriff W.E. Hunter said.

The home is in a forlorn part of Logan County about 50 miles southwest of Charleston, where the scattered homes are marked by "No Trespassing" signs. An old shed linked to a mobile home by an extension cord is what authorities say became a hellish prison for Williams.

Deputies found her when they drove to the home on Saturday after receiving an anonymous tip from someone who witnessed the abuse, officials said.

The woman was forced to eat rat and dog feces and drink from a toilet, according to the criminal complaint filed in magistrate court based on what the suspects told deputies. She also had been choked with a cord, it alleges. Deputies say the woman was also doused with hot water while being sexually assaulted.

One of those arrested, Karen Burton, is accused of cutting the woman's ankle with a knife. She used the N-word in telling the woman she was victimized because she is black, according to the criminal complaint.

Carmen Williams said doctors told her daughter she may be well enough to leave the hospital within a few days, although a nurse said the young woman's condition was listed as "under evaluation."

"I just want my daughter to be well and recover," Carmen Williams said. "I know the Lord can do anything."

The six suspects were arrested Saturday and Sunday. Frankie Brewster, the 49-year-old woman who owns the home where the suspected attacks occurred, is charged with kidnapping, sexual assault, malicious wounding and giving false information during a felony investigation.

Her son, Bobby R. Brewster, 24, also of Big Creek, is charged with kidnapping, sexual assault, malicious wounding and assault during the commission of a felony.

Frankie Brewster was released from prison in September 2000 after serving five years for voluntary manslaughter and wanton endangerment in the death of an 84-year-old woman, according to court records.

Burton, 46, of Chapmanville, is charged with malicious wounding, battery and assault during the commission of a felony.

Her daughter Alisha Burton, 23, of Chapmanville, and George A. Messer, 27, of Chapmanville, are charged with assault during the commission of a felony and battery.

Danny J. Combs, 20, of Harts, is charged with sexual assault and malicious wounding.

All six remained in custody Tuesday in lieu of $100,000 bail each, and all have asked for court-appointed attorneys.

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: New York City

Unread post by Cold Bear » September 12th, 2007, 6:45 am

That's West Virginia for you.

Black Top
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Black Top » September 12th, 2007, 8:54 am

heard about on the news....... some sick twisted shit! they caught all that were involved, but they only on 100,000 bond.
a crime like that should be 500,000 or more.

LcBwC
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Long Beach

Unread post by LcBwC » September 12th, 2007, 9:48 am

Its amazing that things like this can still happen yet for all of those non believers out there this is proof that racism still plays a role today. People have become so naive about its presence in todays society.
Though Im still wondering how the girl got there to begin with?

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » September 12th, 2007, 10:05 am

I didnt see this on CNN.....

I'm shocked! :roll:

'X'
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by 'X' » September 12th, 2007, 4:43 pm

Racist sickos allegedly tortured black W.Va. woman for week
By BILL HUTCHINSON
Wednesday, September 12th 2007, 4:00 AM

Megan Williams is comforted by mother, Carmen,
in Charleston, W.Va., hospital bed as Megan
recovers from horrifying ordeal of torture and rape,
allegedly at hands of racists.

Suspects in abuse

Lured into a house of hate, a black West Virginia woman was raped, choked, stabbed and forced to eat dog and rat feces as her six white tormentors berated her with the N-word, prosecutors said yesterday.

The ghastly week-long ordeal for 20-year-old Megan Williams ended Saturday when she stumbled out of her captors' shack near Charleston, pleading for help from cops responding to an anonymous tip at the address.

Among those facing hate-crimes prosecution in the gruesome case are two mothers and their two adult children, officials said.

"This seems like outright malice. It's something you'd see in a horror movie," said prosecutor Brian Abraham, adding that the FBI was assisting the investigation.

Williams, 20, is in a hospital recovering from days of torture, but she may never recover from the emotional trauma she's endured, her mother said.

"Every time they stabbed her, they called her 'n----r,'" Carmen Williams told The Charleston Gazette. "She wakes up in the middle of the night screaming, 'Mommy.' What's really bad is that we don't know everything they did to her. She is crying all the time."

While the Daily News tries to protect the identities of sexual-assault victims, Carmen Williams insisted the press identify her daughter so that the public is "aware that things like that will happen."

Cops said Megan Williams was intentionally lured into the trap by two people she thought were her friends.

"Apparently once they got her there they planned to do this," said Logan County Deputy Police Chief V.K. Dingess.

Arrested were Frankie Brewster, 49, and her son Bobby, 24. Also nabbed were Karen Burton, 46; her daughter Alisha, 23; Danny Combs, 20, and George Messer, 27.

Police were searching for two others, who allegedly drove her to the house.

The suspects took turns beating, stabbing, choking and sexually abusing Williams while constantly threatening her with death, according to a criminal complaint.

A rope was placed around Williams' neck, her hair was ripped out and she was made to eat dog and rat feces, drink from a toilet and lick up blood, the complaint charges. At one point, she was sexually assaulted while scalding water was poured on her body.

She was stabbed in the leg at least four times and both of her ankles were cut by a female suspect who allegedly taunted her, saying, "That's what we do to n-----s around here."

"They abused her sexually, stabbed her and probably would have killed her if they had not gotten caught," said Magistrate Leonard Codispoti.

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
If in the United States: Oregon
What city do you live in now?: over there

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » September 12th, 2007, 5:01 pm

wtf
the first time i hear about this story is on streetgangs.com?
why isn't this on the national news channels?

MiChuhSuh

Re: Black Woman Tortured

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » September 12th, 2007, 6:44 pm

Six people, all white, including a mother and son and a mother and daughter, have been arrested and could face federal hate crime charges in the suspected attack on 20-year-old Megan Williams, who remained hospitalized Tuesday with injuries that included four stab wounds in the leg, and black and blue eyes. Her right arm was in a cast.

The six suspects were arrested Saturday and Sunday. Frankie Brewster, the 49-year-old woman who owns the home where the suspected attacks occurred, is charged with kidnapping, sexual assault, malicious wounding and giving false information during a felony investigation.

Her son, Bobby R. Brewster, 24, also of Big Creek, is charged with kidnapping, sexual assault, malicious wounding and assault during the commission of a felony.

Frankie Brewster was released from prison in September 2000 after serving five years for voluntary manslaughter and wanton endangerment in the death of an 84-year-old woman, according to court records.

Burton, 46, of Chapmanville, is charged with malicious wounding, battery and assault during the commission of a felony.

Her daughter Alisha Burton, 23, of Chapmanville, and George A. Messer, 27, of Chapmanville, are charged with assault during the commission of a felony and battery.

Danny J. Combs, 20, of Harts, is charged with sexual assault and malicious wounding.

All six remained in custody Tuesday in lieu of $100,000 bail each, and all have asked for court-appointed attorneys.
wtf is this?!?!?!

disgusting, inhuman, satanic, vile, brutal. and with a mother-son, mother-daughter. and the mother and son both sexually assaulted her?
It wasn't until deputies acting on an anonymous tip drove to a ramshackle trailer deep in West Virginia's rural hills that she was found. Limping toward the door with her arms outstretched, she uttered, "Help me," the Logan County sheriff's office said.
anyone wanna say "stop snitching" now?

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » September 12th, 2007, 6:47 pm

$outhPhillypuppet wrote:wtf
Because no celebrities are getting involved

American... no WORLD news priorities are disgusting

'X'
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by 'X' » September 12th, 2007, 7:31 pm

The title of the thread answers this...

relo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by relo » September 12th, 2007, 10:39 pm

damn that some mess up stuff

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » September 13th, 2007, 1:06 am

FINALLY got it on CNN

Interview with the mom here:
http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/09/12/martin ... nnSTCVideo
Commentary: Where is the outrage when humans are abused?

By Roland S. Martin
CNN Contributor

(CNN) -- When federal prosecutors in Virginia released details of the dogfighting charges against Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick, all hell broke loose.

Folks were protesting, calling for him to be immediately kicked out of the league, and demanding long jail sentences for Vick and his co-defendants.

Many lawyers went on television and admitted that had Vick beat a girlfriend, shot or even murdered someone, he wouldn't have been slammed as hard as he was for the vicious acts committed against dogs.

I suppose those lawyers are right.

Just look at the case of Megan Williams. The 20-year-old West Virginia woman, Megan Williams, was kidnapped by six sadistic individuals and held in a mobile home.

They raped her, forced her to eat rat and dog feces, made her drink from a toilet, stabbed her multiple times, and called the black woman a "nigger" every time they beat her.

Thank God she lived, and may be released from the hospital in a few days.

But it still raises the question: What causes such outrage and fervor in one case involving dogs and not another?

The same thing was said about the shocking details surrounding the deaths of Channon Christian and Christopher Newsom. The two University of Tennessee students were on a date when they were carjacked by several men. They were taken to a house where they were held. Christopher was raped, doused with gasoline, shot and his body dumped on the side of a road.

Channon? She had a household cleaner poured down her throat and was later raped. She, too, was murdered.

Although the two were white and their alleged attackers black, police say race was not an element in this case.

These two cases are heinous and despicable. But why do we respond with speed to one case and not another? Is it celebrity? Or do we not have the same compassion for human beings as we do for dogs? Was the Vick case that more important?

Take, for example, the U.S. Senate floor speech of Robert Byrd, the senior senator from West Virginia.

Calling the allegations sadistic, Byrd thundered: "Barbaric! Let that word resound from hill to hill, and from mountain to mountain, from valley to valley, across this broad land. Barbaric! Barbaric! May God help those poor souls who'd be so cruel. Barbaric! Hear me! Barbaric!"

He later added: "I am confident the hottest places in hell are reserved for the souls of sick and brutal people who hold God's creatures in such brutal and cruel contempt."

So, Sen. Byrd, where is the floor speech for a woman from your own home state? Where is the outrage when a woman is viciously attacked?

This is when the media gets slammed. We've determined that Vick, Paris Hilton and the shenanigans of Lindsey Lohan are far more important than the viciousness of what took place in West Virginia and Tennessee.

But maybe the problem isn't just the media. Maybe the problem is you. The reader. The viewer. Maybe you've decided that you care more about discussing a celebrity than nobodies like Megan Williams, Channon Christian or Christopher Newsom.

Roland S. Martin is a nationally award-winning, multifaceted journalist and CNN contributor. He is the author of "Listening to the Spirit Within: 50 Perspectives on Faith." You can read more of his columns athttp://www.rolandsmartin.com/

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
If in the United States: Oregon
What city do you live in now?: over there

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » September 13th, 2007, 2:18 am

people gotta get they shit together.

shaun_zach
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by shaun_zach » September 13th, 2007, 1:02 pm

Hell I'm not surprised about this type of thing happeneing. If people really believe that racism is dead is really foolish. I'm glad the young lady was able to get away and is recovering, now we will sit back and see what the the is gonna do to them. Man there is a lot of shit happening in the world that is not being recognized, a perfect situation to talk about is the Jena 6. These teenagers may be facing up to life in prison for a school fight that was a result of esculating racial tension in Jena, La or even the New Jersey 7, where 7 black lesbian women are incarcerated for defending themselves. We really need to open our eyes and see all the different forms of genocide that is takin place in the states. Things like this more than likely will not be on the world news cause it violence against minorites and there are no celebraties involved. :!: :x :!: :x :!:

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » September 13th, 2007, 3:55 pm

Ranting on celebrity, and the priorities of news channels and viewers (also celebrities)

I didn't really plan this, I just reacted to it last night. I go off on tangents but hey it's a rant. Gave streetgangs and allhood a shoutout.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » September 13th, 2007, 3:58 pm

top one is Part 1 and the bottom is Part 2

agreements, disagreements, criticisms, insults all appreciated

Aquafresh
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Oak Cliff

Re: Black Woman Tortured

Unread post by Aquafresh » September 14th, 2007, 4:07 pm

MiChuhSuh wrote:
anyone wanna say "stop snitching" now?
Good one :wink:

Aquafresh
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Oak Cliff

Unread post by Aquafresh » September 14th, 2007, 4:13 pm

MiChuhSuh wrote:Ranting on celebrity, and the priorities of news channels and viewers (also celebrities)

I didn't really plan this, I just reacted to it last night. I go off on tangents but hey it's a rant. Gave streetgangs and allhood a shoutout.

Excellent broadcast for an ameature; you were a little nervous at the start weren't you :P

P.S. Damn you "Asian." I expected your voice to sound different for some reason :lol:

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » September 14th, 2007, 8:55 pm

'X' wrote:

The title of the thread answers this...
Ether

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » September 14th, 2007, 9:06 pm

MiChuhSuh wrote:
Ranting on celebrity, and the priorities of news channels and viewers (also celebrities)

props on the videos, you looked real nervous

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: New York City

Unread post by Cold Bear » September 14th, 2007, 10:37 pm

MiChuhSuh wrote:

You have a lot to talk about, make some bullet points to keep you on track and you'll be alright

abc543@
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by abc543@ » February 11th, 2008, 2:06 am

FUCKIN HILBILLYS