Why is gangbanging so, glorified in Atlanta and Georgia?

Discuss gangs in the The South in the following states; Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington D.C. & West Virgina
jslug

Why is gangbanging so, glorified in Atlanta and Georgia?

Unread post by jslug » February 24th, 2010, 10:07 pm

This is by no-way a disrespect to any "gang members", but why we as Georgians like to glorify others?
I respect the idea of unity,brotherhood,and love for your neighborhood, but before we had all the problems we face today with gangs, we always had "homes vs homes" .
Hood against Hood which is no better,but at least it was one on one.
No one killing each other and respect for one another; In the 80-00's, When drugs especially crack hit our city that is when it was the beginning of the end for life as we know it.
For those who did not live here then, it was a total hell on earth, When these drug gangs started to popping up.
The most notorious and memorable was The Miami Boy' z.

This gang was something that these young cat's would fear and envy at the same time; they tried to take over Atlanta, and we lost a lot of people in the battle, but we won the war.
See where I am going with this, all you cats depress me because you all losing your lives for something that you don't really understand or know about here in the A.
That's why I ask the question in the subject line because I understand the times on these streets,but why you won't to bang colors or flags instead, of protecting the hood you live in?
How many more young brothers have to die before you wake up and realize that it's not worth the jail time or senseless murders that are being committed?
I lost a lot of friends and family to this what you "reppin" now .
I saw things and subject to things that would turn cold hearted killer into a cuddly cat.
I been places where the thing you doing is seen as ignorant or funny to them.

I leave you with peace and mercy. I 'm not here to preach, but to teach you that there is a big world out there to explore.

Peace I leave unto you