Lil Wayne

Discuss gangs in the The South in the following states; Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington D.C. & West Virgina
scrub1819
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: San Diego

Lil Wayne

Unread post by scrub1819 » October 22nd, 2010, 11:42 am

someone PLEASE shed some light on lol wayne for me. i read around all the topics regarding New Orleans and it seems like NO aint really on the banging shit, and i dont think i saw anything about Hollygrove. i hear all kinds of different shit about wayne being a blood, personally i think its BS i dont remember him being a blood 10 years ago..
anybody with credible info on wayne, baby, hollygrove or Bs/Cs in general in New Orleans?

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Re: Lil Wayne

Unread post by alexalonso » January 31st, 2011, 3:20 am

he reps Blood, but that is not related to New Orleans, but more so connected to his relationship with Inglewood rapper Mack 10 who was a Bloods from Queen Street.

Scooby318
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
If in the United States: Kentucky
What city do you live in now?: Shreveport

Unread post by Scooby318 » May 20th, 2011, 9:13 pm

Wayne is confusing. He hollers 5 but niggaz say he got LA connections. Can't be both.

PrinceTheReal
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Houston

Unread post by PrinceTheReal » May 22nd, 2011, 2:49 am

alexalonso wrote:he reps Blood, but that is not related to New Orleans, but more so connected to his relationship with Inglewood rapper Mack 10 who was a Bloods from Queen Street.

Can you be a Blood by claiming and not bangin at all?

Quepolo3
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Georgia
What city do you live in now?: Atlanta

Unread post by Quepolo3 » May 22nd, 2011, 6:19 am

It may have changed since I lived there, but New Orleans didn't have crips and bloods. They used to be about what ward or project you were from. Holy grove is a community in New Orleans in the uptown area. I had an apt. in Holygrove and used to shoot ball in the many parks around NO. Never saw a blood or crip. Don't get me wrong New Orleans is a treacherous place, full of gangstas and Killas, but they do it diff. than Cali.

Also, like Prince just asked, how you proclaim yourself a gang member? I think this is a dangerous thing. Many young people are now just proclaiming themselves gang members and when they run accross a real one and get worked, then people are going to say he wasn't in a gang. No he wasn't, but he was pretending to be. Lil Wayne has such an influence on these youngsters, from those sissy jeans and surfer shoes, to a misconception of how gangsta life works. What set do you bang from a Gated community?

ViciousRidah
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Tennessee
What city do you live in now?: A City Where Im Low Key

Unread post by ViciousRidah » June 15th, 2011, 10:12 am

Quepolo3 wrote:It may have changed since I lived there, but New Orleans didn't have crips and bloods. They used to be about what ward or project you were from. Holy grove is a community in New Orleans in the uptown area. I had an apt. in Holygrove and used to shoot ball in the many parks around NO. Never saw a blood or crip. Don't get me wrong New Orleans is a treacherous place, full of gangstas and Killas, but they do it diff. than Cali.

Also, like Prince just asked, how you proclaim yourself a gang member? I think this is a dangerous thing. Many young people are now just proclaiming themselves gang members and when they run accross a real one and get worked, then people are going to say he wasn't in a gang. No he wasn't, but he was pretending to be. Lil Wayne has such an influence on these youngsters, from those sissy jeans and surfer shoes, to a misconception of how gangsta life works. What set do you bang from a Gated community?
Thats cool to know Que Polo

Around what time were you staying in New Orleans?

And how treacherous were the streets out there?

Babmuk
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Highfa

Unread post by Babmuk » June 15th, 2011, 2:51 pm

yeah lil wayne is trying too hard,now he's connected somehow to Jay Rock from BHB from Watts

Quepolo3
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Georgia
What city do you live in now?: Atlanta

Unread post by Quepolo3 » June 15th, 2011, 3:16 pm

Thats cool to know Que Polo

Around what time were you staying in New Orleans?

And how treacherous were the streets out there?[/quote]

@ViciousRidah- I was in the N.O. from 88' when I finished high School- until 93-94 when I moved to Cali. I went to school there at Xavier Univ. New Orleans is a unique place. When you are not from there, you stand out like a sore thumb. I can't say how it is now after Katrina, but New Orleans used to be the murder capital for many years. The streets weren't bad if you got to know the locals and your weren't doing any dirt. However, if you were from out of town, and tried to set up shop in the NO, you would definately be lit up. Everything was about what projects you were from. At the time there were some of the largest project complexes in the country. Desire, Magnolia, Callio, Iberville, Melphomine, and the lists goes on. It was definately a spot that could get you twisted up if you weren't careful.

As I said before, there definately wasn't any dogs or rips. That's why I can't understand how lil wayne claims he's a blood. He's was more than likely a millionaire before the age of 12, so how do you become a gang member when you live in a gated community. Maybe J- rock brought him in.

ViciousRidah
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Tennessee
What city do you live in now?: A City Where Im Low Key

Unread post by ViciousRidah » June 15th, 2011, 3:27 pm

Quepolo3 wrote: @ViciousRidah- I was in the N.O. from 88' when I finished high School- until 93-94 when I moved to Cali. I went to school there at Xavier Univ. New Orleans is a unique place. When you are not from there, you stand out like a sore thumb. I can't say how it is now after Katrina, but New Orleans used to be the murder capital for many years. The streets weren't bad if you got to know the locals and your weren't doing any dirt. However, if you were from out of town, and tried to set up shop in the NO, you would definately be lit up. Everything was about what projects you were from. At the time there were some of the largest project complexes in the country. Desire, Magnolia, Callio, Iberville, Melphomine, and the lists goes on. It was definately a spot that could get you twisted up if you weren't careful.

As I said before, there definately wasn't any dogs or rips. That's why I can't understand how lil wayne claims he's a blood. He's was more than likely a millionaire before the age of 12, so how do you become a gang member when you live in a gated community. Maybe J- rock brought him in.
Thanks for putting me on,QUEpolo.

Yea I've always wondered what was the deal in NO.

What were the worst projects to you and from what I understand that they are hoods in NO , that are not made of PJs ,meaning they are residential hoods that are just as cutthroat.

NO was not known for Banging but they should be a few bangers in Baton Rouge.

Yea New Orleans is a place that I take you should just enjoy yourself when you go there.