Rapper Cam'ron Shot Three Times in Washington, DC

Discuss gangs in the The South in the following states; Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington D.C. & West Virgina
BlueCadillaC167
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Rapper Cam'ron Shot Three Times in Washington, DC

Unread post by BlueCadillaC167 » October 23rd, 2005, 7:38 am

Rapper Cam'ron Shot Three Times In Washington, DC
By Nolan Strong
Date: 10/23/2005 4:30 am

Superstar rapper Cam’ron was shot three times in Washington, DC this morning (Oct. 23) sources have revealed to AllHipHop.com.

The Harlem, New York native was leaving club H20 en-route to Love (formerly Dream) when three unknown gunmen approached the rapper.

While details are sketchy, eyewitnesses said the men were seeking the rapper’s pricey Lamborghini, which he was driving while in town for a performance over the weekend.

“They were after that car,” an eyewitness told AllHipHop.com. “Cam refused to give it up and attempted to drive away and they shot up the car.”

Cam’ron was struck three times and while officials have not released his actual status, sources said at least one bullet struck the rapper in the arm.

His injures are allegedly not life threatening and the rapper was treated at Howard University Hospital.

“Juelz, Jim [Jones] and other Dip-Set members are with him at the hospital right now,” the source said.

Cam’ron, CEO of Diplomat Records, has been driving the blue Lamborghini since at least June of 2005.

"I bought the Lamborghini especially for New York," Cam'ron told a 106 & Park audience prior to being arrested. “Because we figure that we can only see stuff like this in Miami, but I am bringing it to the streets of New York."

In July, police in Harlem stopped the rapper and arrested him while driving the Italian sports car for driving with a suspended license.

Officials at Howard University Hospital declined comment and police did not comment at press time.

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » October 23rd, 2005, 1:54 pm

BlueCadillaC167 wrote:Superstar rapper Cam’ron was shot three times in Washington, DC this morning (Oct. 23) sources have revealed to AllHipHop.com.

The Harlem, New York native was leaving club H20 en-route to Love (formerly Dream) when three unknown gunmen approached the rapper.

While details are sketchy, eyewitnesses said the men were seeking the rapper’s pricey Lamborghini, which he was driving while in town for a performance over the weekend.

“They were after that car,” an eyewitness told AllHipHop.com. “Cam refused to give it up and attempted to drive away and they shot up the car.”

Cam’ron was struck three times and while officials have not released his actual status, sources said at least one bullet struck the rapper in the arm.

His injures are allegedly not life threatening and the rapper was treated at Howard University Hospital.

“Juelz, Jim [Jones] and other Dip-Set members are with him at the hospital right now,” the source said.

Cam’ron, CEO of Diplomat Records, has been driving the blue Lamborghini since at least June of 2005.

"I bought the Lamborghini especially for New York," Cam'ron told a 106 & Park audience prior to being arrested. “Because we figure that we can only see stuff like this in Miami, but I am bringing it to the streets of New York."

In July, police in Harlem stopped the rapper and arrested him while driving the Italian sports car for driving with a suspended license.

Officials at Howard University Hospital declined comment and police did not comment at press time.
Was the club in the hood? If so, then why do rappers think they can walk around dangerous areas with chains, and nice clothes, and fancy cars and not expect something to happen?

Guage12
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Guage12 » October 23rd, 2005, 2:32 pm

LOL :lol: thats what that nigga get for flossin his shit in the wrong hood....

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: New York City

Unread post by Cold Bear » October 23rd, 2005, 3:23 pm

He didn't give up the ride though...

Maniac
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Maniac » October 23rd, 2005, 4:07 pm

What a dumbass i would just pull out my gun or weapon of some sort if i was getting jacked or some moron tried to rob me.....Cam'ron is an dikhead for walking around a hood were he is going to get most likely shot.

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » October 23rd, 2005, 4:16 pm

A .45 isn't gonna do anything against four guys with Tec-9's.

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » October 23rd, 2005, 6:29 pm

[color=blue][/color][size=18][/size]Thats what that boy get runnin around the hood.They probally shot him since him and the whole dipset runnin around being some fake bloodz.[color=green][/color]

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » October 23rd, 2005, 8:07 pm

A Ghost wrote:
BlueCadillaC167 wrote:Superstar rapper Cam’ron was shot three times in Washington, DC this morning (Oct. 23) sources have revealed to AllHipHop.com.

“They were after that car,?an eyewitness told AllHipHop.com. “Cam refused to give it up and attempted to drive away and they shot up the car.?

“Juelz, Jim [Jones] and other Dip-Set members are with him at the hospital right now,?the source said.

Was the club in the hood? If so, then why do rappers think they can walk around dangerous areas with chains, and nice clothes, and fancy cars and not expect something to happen?
Anyone that has been to DC know that the whole city is a jacked up hood. No I'm not talking about the landmarks or the Capital/White House/etc.

The whole city, the REAL DC, is a big gutter. It's all projects. Why?

DC is technically not in a state's territory (originally done so that no state would dominate the government in Congress, etc.) but then because of that the city gets no state taxes and thus education and basic needs are not even close to standards. That's why all the Congressmen and politicians live on the other side of the river, in Virginia's side, so that they can avoid the crap of DC.

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » October 23rd, 2005, 8:15 pm

End Violence NOW wrote:The whole city, the REAL DC, is a big gutter. It's all projects. Why?
Because I think its funny how rappers think they are untouchable and they roll through the projects with million dollar cars and freak out when somebody tries to jack them.

MafiaVL5

Unread post by MafiaVL5 » October 24th, 2005, 11:31 am

So Rollin_20_crip, the reason he got shot was because you think he was a "fake blood'?

purplecityhello
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by purplecityhello » October 24th, 2005, 11:40 am

niggas dont care what gang u in when it comes to the money
Killa is my nigga - simple and plain like he said
"niggas tried to get me"
and thats that
it coulda happened in any hood
coulda happened in LA or Harlem
it happened in DC
a nigga gets money then other niggas wanna take it
thats how it goes

nigga was thoro enuff to drive off slow, which wasnt smart in my opinion because they caught him on the drivers side
but hey
welcome to earth

MafiaVL5

Unread post by MafiaVL5 » October 24th, 2005, 11:57 am

Good point. Well said!

purplecityhello
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by purplecityhello » October 24th, 2005, 12:18 pm

alls well homie - ghost love and the whole 9
moreless niggas dont knowledge equality
they needta understand that arguing about what hood is hardest aint kool
its all about reform, how are you making your hood better
i know i do my part
we all in the same struggle
shits sad when a nigga is proud of the crime rate in his city being high

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » October 24th, 2005, 12:44 pm

purplecityhello wrote:alls well homie - ghost love and the whole 9
Are you referring to me?
purplecityhello wrote:shits sad when a nigga is proud of the crime rate in his city being high
Who did that?

purplecityhello
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by purplecityhello » October 24th, 2005, 1:31 pm

nah i dont even kno u
ghost love is a saying home slice

purplecityhello wrote:

Who did that?

^^^^
every nigga at one time or another

lb516
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by lb516 » October 24th, 2005, 1:51 pm

cam kept it G and didnt give up the ride i respect that.

'X'
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: North Dakota
What city do you live in now?: ........

Unread post by 'X' » October 24th, 2005, 3:05 pm

purplecityhello wrote: moreless niggas dont knowledge equality

Yes sir!!!! SAY THAT!!!!

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » October 24th, 2005, 4:23 pm

X wrote:

Yes sir!!!! SAY THAT!!!!
Exactly, it shows how these kids are being brainwashed into thinking this gets them respect. It's especially sad when they are the ones making teh crime rate high.

'X'
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by 'X' » October 24th, 2005, 5:11 pm

End Violence NOW wrote:
X wrote:

Yes sir!!!! SAY THAT!!!!
Exactly, it shows how these kids are being brainwashed into thinking this gets them respect.

And alot of grown folk too.....

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » October 26th, 2005, 10:39 am

[color=blue][/color][size=18][/size]Could C who knows aint nobody gonna try and jacc a nigga for that car cuz thats to hot boy. I know a few ETG's up there crazy enough to do that shit.

Dunn
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Dunn » October 26th, 2005, 1:26 pm

Man im from there those niggas weren't trying to jack his car they was tryin to murk him simple and plain cause ain't no chop shop around my way touchin some lambo, especially if it belongs to somebody famous. That was a bad hand at the murder game is all... thats why they started buckin without even sayiing nothin.

BlueCadillaC167
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by BlueCadillaC167 » October 26th, 2005, 3:23 pm

Why would somebody try to kill that nigga? But I think the bullets hit his arm so he gon C aiight.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » October 27th, 2005, 5:49 pm

Rollin_20_crip wrote:Could C who knows aint nobody gonna try and jacc a nigga for that car because thats to hot boy. I know a few ETG's up there crazy enough to do that shit.
Where ARE you from anyways? You obviously are not in/from LBC because you said in some posts that you guyys got along with surenos, which is ridiculous BS. And then you mention Vicelords in some posts (NO People's in Cali except for maybe is you count Stones, but they are really just Blood here).

The only place I can guess you are at is NY, but Surenos? Where are you?

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » October 27th, 2005, 5:56 pm

Dunn wrote:Man im from there those niggas weren't trying to jack his car they was tryin to murk him simple and plain cause ain't no chop shop around my way touchin some lambo, especially if it belongs to somebody famous. That was a bad hand at the murder game is all... thats why they started buckin without even sayiing nothin.
Really though, why try to do that? That is like trying to rob the President and thinking you're gonna get away clean.

Dunn
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Dunn » October 28th, 2005, 9:07 am

Why try to do what?

You'd have to be stupid to rob a lambo cause they got all that tracking shit inside so the po's can find the car in seconds, especially in Chocolate City. It was a murk move or for the jewels im tellin you.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » October 28th, 2005, 4:12 pm

Dunn wrote:Why try to do what?

You'd have to be stupid to rob a lambo cause they got all that tracking shit inside so the po's can find the car in seconds, especially in Chocolate City. It was a murk move or for the jewels im tellin you.
Ya, luxury cars have all that stuff.

That's why I laugh when Kanye West had a "rental car from Avis" to use for drug deals in his song, every rental car not only has tracking, but also to rent a car you have to give away all this info.

But maybe the dudes that tried to rob him were just dumb, instead of trying to kill him, or they did not just care. If they really wanted to just kill him, they wouldn't have gone through the troube of arguing with him about a car, they would have just shot him and left.

'X'
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by 'X' » October 28th, 2005, 5:36 pm

Memo to Cam'ron and other Rappers Stop Flossing
By Lethal Wonder

Why am I not surprised to hear that Dipset CEO Cam’ron got shot up the other night while driving around the streets of DC showing off his Lamborghini? To be honest, part of me was like ‘Good that niggaz needs to be shot’ while the other side of me, my common sense side asked ‘Why are Black folks always hurting one another?’

In the case of Cam’ron, what was he thinking? What was he trying to prove? All Saturday night him and his people were on the radio bragging that he had a sporty new expensive car and he was going to be flossing all over town. I don’t want to be a hater but come on dude why was he doing this?

Black people in DC are hungry. Black people are getting moved the @#%$ out of the city by rich white developers. DC is no longer chocolate city. The average home is like over half a million dollars and that’s for something cheap. Black people can barely afford to take care of their kids. Times are hard. Did Cam’ron not get that memo? Did he think he was going to get throngs of adoring admirers fawning over him in hopes that he would give them a ride or a bunch of slightly pissed off poor Black folks who wanna know why this dude is driving around in car that costs as much as house? I knoow a lot of people who go to Dream/ H2O like to pretend they’re rich and have it like that, but the reality is they don’t.

Katrina just happened, and Black folks are still reeling from that. Could this brotha have thought about that and maybe bragged on the radio that he was gonna turn in his car and give that money for on going relief efforts? Do you think he could have went on the radio and bragged to the people that he was going to sacrifice and trade in his car and get a couple of vans or buses to help people who are still trying to relocate? Or perhaps Cam’ron could have taken that car money and helped donate some ends to find some of the 1500 children still missing from the hurricane. Cam’ron could have been a hero in DC by offering to put up money for all those people the city is trying to move out of SE to make way for the new stadium.

All this flossing by all these knucklehead rap stars when everyone else is starving is too much. Did someone inform Cam’ron that it’s not cool to snitch? Yes, I said snitch. Snitching in my book is rolling through the hood telling everybody how much money and assets you got when niggaz is hungry. That’s snitching. Why not keep that to yourself? Be low key. Don’t shove all this in people’s faces.

Please note. Cam’ron was not giving the car away to some lucky fan. To my knowledge, he does not have a big time endorsement deal with whatever company makes Lamborghinis. So why is he pushing this so hard on the people? What does he get out of it? If you ask me, he was trying to shove his riches in good fortune in people’s faces, knowing that very few us can ever get to his financial level.

Call it jealousy if you must because that’s what it is. Call it haterade ‘cause that’s what’s happening. I know I’m not the only one who feels this way. Cam’ron and his click came to DC and went out of their way to try and shove their riches in people’s faces and when people are hungry and desperate, that is not cool. So I’m sorry dude got shot. I’m glad he’s going to make it, because so many people this year have not made it after being shot and robbed in DC. But Cam’ron and other rappers have got to stop with this foolishness of flossing.

by Lethal Wonder

purplecityhello
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by purplecityhello » October 29th, 2005, 6:23 am

Dunn wrote:Man im from there those niggas weren't trying to jack his car they was tryin to murk him simple and plain cause ain't no chop shop around my way touchin some lambo, especially if it belongs to somebody famous. That was a bad hand at the murder game is all... thats why they started buckin without even sayiing nothin.
simple and plain it was a hit

niggas started shooting off back into the front windshield, cam told jake it was car jacking - u dont tell police niggas put a hit on u

but word on the block was it was a failed hit

blazeking
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by blazeking » October 29th, 2005, 1:20 pm

It was a failed hit. Niggas was tryin to get Killa 4 the gems my dude. Nobody's supid enough to try and steal a lambo; you won't get away with it.
Dipset know who did it and there's gonna be hell to pay when Killa out the Hospital. And no, Dipset ain't fake bloods. These niggas bang right. They the only bloods that I've seen that reach out to the hood for support and don't terrorize people in they own hood like some blood sets in the NY metro area. Read my post and you'll see what i' talkin bout.

Christina Marie
If in the United States: Pennsylvania
What city do you live in now?: From LB to PA

Unread post by Christina Marie » October 29th, 2005, 1:43 pm

purplecityhello wrote:niggas dont care what gang u in when it comes to the money
Killa is my nigga - simple and plain like he said
"niggas tried to get me"
and thats that
it coulda happened in any hood
coulda happened in LA or Harlem
it happened in DC
a nigga gets money then other niggas wanna take it
thats how it goes

nigga was thoro enuff to drive off slow, which wasnt smart in my opinion because they caught him on the drivers side
but hey
welcome to earth

Well said.

lboogie
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by lboogie » October 31st, 2005, 11:03 am

X wrote:Memo to Cam'ron and other Rappers Stop Flossing
By Lethal Wonder

Why am I not surprised to hear that Dipset CEO Cam’ron got shot up the other night while driving around the streets of DC showing off his Lamborghini? To be honest, part of me was like ‘Good that niggaz needs to be shot’ while the other side of me, my common sense side asked ‘Why are Black folks always hurting one another?’

In the case of Cam’ron, what was he thinking? What was he trying to prove? All Saturday night him and his people were on the radio bragging that he had a sporty new expensive car and he was going to be flossing all over town. I don’t want to be a hater but come on dude why was he doing this?

Black people in DC are hungry. Black people are getting moved the @#%$ out of the city by rich white developers. DC is no longer chocolate city. The average home is like over half a million dollars and that’s for something cheap. Black people can barely afford to take care of their kids. Times are hard. Did Cam’ron not get that memo? Did he think he was going to get throngs of adoring admirers fawning over him in hopes that he would give them a ride or a bunch of slightly pissed off poor Black folks who wanna know why this dude is driving around in car that costs as much as house? I knoow a lot of people who go to Dream/ H2O like to pretend they’re rich and have it like that, but the reality is they don’t.

Katrina just happened, and Black folks are still reeling from that. Could this brotha have thought about that and maybe bragged on the radio that he was gonna turn in his car and give that money for on going relief efforts? Do you think he could have went on the radio and bragged to the people that he was going to sacrifice and trade in his car and get a couple of vans or buses to help people who are still trying to relocate? Or perhaps Cam’ron could have taken that car money and helped donate some ends to find some of the 1500 children still missing from the hurricane. Cam’ron could have been a hero in DC by offering to put up money for all those people the city is trying to move out of SE to make way for the new stadium.

All this flossing by all these knucklehead rap stars when everyone else is starving is too much. Did someone inform Cam’ron that it’s not cool to snitch? Yes, I said snitch. Snitching in my book is rolling through the hood telling everybody how much money and assets you got when niggaz is hungry. That’s snitching. Why not keep that to yourself? Be low key. Don’t shove all this in people’s faces.

Please note. Cam’ron was not giving the car away to some lucky fan. To my knowledge, he does not have a big time endorsement deal with whatever company makes Lamborghinis. So why is he pushing this so hard on the people? What does he get out of it? If you ask me, he was trying to shove his riches in good fortune in people’s faces, knowing that very few us can ever get to his financial level.

Call it jealousy if you must because that’s what it is. Call it haterade ‘cause that’s what’s happening. I know I’m not the only one who feels this way. Cam’ron and his click came to DC and went out of their way to try and shove their riches in people’s faces and when people are hungry and desperate, that is not cool. So I’m sorry dude got shot. I’m glad he’s going to make it, because so many people this year have not made it after being shot and robbed in DC. But Cam’ron and other rappers have got to stop with this foolishness of flossing.

by Lethal Wonder
^^^^Real shit spoken right there, good post.

blazeking
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by blazeking » October 31st, 2005, 11:19 am

Real shyt spoken just like words from the late great 2pac. Ti's seems like this has got to be the REALEST nigga on this board. He know's how to get a point accros without bangin or dissin a person or goup of people while doin it. True Shyt. Everything he said was True Shyt.