Interesting korean mob interview

Discuss gangs in the Northeast section of the US in the following states; Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island & Vermont.
Richboy17
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Interesting korean mob interview

Unread post by Richboy17 » June 22nd, 2009, 2:30 pm

http://kellogg.nd.edu/events/calendar/feb09/Lee.pdf

it talks about how NY is where most korean organized crime occurs. It also talks about how hard it is for the feds to infiltriate korean mobs. This article is about 11 years old though.

shing
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Re: Interesting korean mob interview

Unread post by shing » June 22nd, 2009, 7:45 pm

Korean Power gang was a joke

busanboy
What city do you live in now?: queens

Unread post by busanboy » June 22nd, 2009, 8:04 pm

korean power in the 80s 90s held it down in ny. they were more organized than street tho. kp in la must have been some different shit

busanboy

Unread post by busanboy » June 22nd, 2009, 8:16 pm

and yeah that articles old. Times have changed now. The ogs still doing their thing but they don't work with the kids anymore. All the little Korean crews have no connects with their older groups anymore. Wonder why its so separate now..probably the older generations just dont trust the new generation

ridincitiesforever
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Monterey Park

Unread post by ridincitiesforever » June 23rd, 2009, 1:35 am

man, i remember i knew a guy from korean power in la back in the early 2000's. he was down and tough as they come, i forgot his name, but that guy really represented his click well. no one in school ever messed with this guy.

FINITO
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: TOrrance

Unread post by FINITO » June 23rd, 2009, 11:16 am

shing wrote:Korean Power gang was a joke
Ic, u always have something negative to say about these Korean sets..I know It's out of jealousy, it's ok Shing. You're talking out of your ass obviously. First u say that KPB was a non factor and now KP was a joke too? LMFAO U know nothing about KOreans and this thing of ours. and FYI, New York KP wasn't a gang, homey. It was more organized than that. Im shaking my head right now.

FINITO
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by FINITO » June 23rd, 2009, 11:25 am

busanboy wrote:korean power in the 80s 90s held it down in ny. they were more organized than street tho. kp in la must have been some different shit
Yea, KP in La was nothing like the one in NY. Korean Pride In LA and Korean Power in NY. I used to ride with LA KP back in the 90s and those were some wild times in Ktown...Players, Mega, Flamingo etc. the good ole days.. Everything was all good until my hyung Wacko passed away.. RIP..

Richboy17
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Richboy17 » June 23rd, 2009, 1:04 pm

I kept hearing the Korean Power gang was a joke and mainly made up of 18-25 year olds, didnt know they were considered organized crime. There was another gang called the Korean Fuk Ching, i dont know why they would name themselves that they were considered hardcore same with the Fukienese some crazy muthafuckas that hold Flushing down right now. Also there was a gang called Mo Ming Pai but heard they were some soft cats.

shing
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by shing » June 23rd, 2009, 7:59 pm

FINITO wrote:
Ic, u always have something negative to say about these Korean sets..I know It's out of jealousy, it's ok Shing. You're talking out of your ass obviously. First u say that KPB was a non factor and now KP was a joke too? LMFAO U know nothing about KOreans and this thing of ours. and FYI, New York KP wasn't a gang, homey. It was more organized than that. Im shaking my head right now.
lol I'm so jealous. you don't know stuff. i'll put it out there like this. there was never a korean gang that was anything worthwhile. i do know about how you roll and i'm not impressed. keep on idolizing these half azz fools you claim are the baddest of the bad. most of us that have come into the world to play know what's for real and when somebody like you, who idolizes KPB comes along, we just laugh because we know you're even lamer than they are. just know that your posts are only good for laughs. you're dismissed.

thonkoboy2000
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Harbor Area

Unread post by thonkoboy2000 » June 24th, 2009, 3:08 am

what ive noticed is that koreans who bang for non korean asian gangs put in more work than the koreans that are in korean only gangs

richjesus

Unread post by richjesus » June 24th, 2009, 7:44 am

thonkoboy2000 wrote:what ive noticed is that koreans who bang for non korean asian gangs put in more work than the koreans that are in korean only gangs
true story. the two downest koreans i kno is a korean that banged for dub c, and a korean in a OC mexican gang.

FINITO
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by FINITO » June 24th, 2009, 10:19 am

In my cicrcle, Koreans who joined DUb C were considered as traitors, disgraceful. Why the hell should a Korean take orders from a chinese dailo ?? fuck that. That was unnacceptable in our world.
During my time there were some Koreans who rolled with TBZ and we enjoyed smashing on them so much. Fkin busters.

FINITO
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by FINITO » June 24th, 2009, 10:24 am

shing wrote:
FINITO wrote:
lol I'm so jealous. you don't know stuff. i'll put it out there like this. there was never a korean gang that was anything worthwhile. i do know about how you roll and i'm not impressed. keep on idolizing these half azz fools you claim are the baddest of the bad. most of us that have come into the world to play know what's for real and when somebody like you, who idolizes KPB comes along, we just laugh because we know you're even lamer than they are. just know that your posts are only good for laughs. you're dismissed.
U dont know shit, homey, so stop acting like you're some bigtimer. And i lived the life, i was in the scene foo, i dont idolize anybody. U acting like some know it all G on this forum makes me laugh hysterically.. U trying to judge me behind those monitors homey?? You're very ignorant..

Youve been on my nuts ever since i said some real shit about the Viets... U can't handle the truth.

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: New York City

Unread post by Cold Bear » June 24th, 2009, 11:08 am

FINITO wrote:
busanboy wrote:korean power in the 80s 90s held it down in ny. they were more organized than street tho. kp in la must have been some different shit
Yea, KP in La was nothing like the one in NY. Korean Pride In LA and Korean Power in NY. I used to ride with LA KP back in the 90s and those were some wild times in Ktown...Players, Mega, Flamingo etc. the good ole days.. Everything was all good until my hyung Wacko passed away.. RIP..
I've visited Players on a couple occasions. My Korean homie showed me the bullet holes of a shooting one time.

Richboy17
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Richboy17 » June 24th, 2009, 11:24 am

I kno most koreans in NY are soft besides the ones that hang out with other races. Were these KP dudes in NY for real cuz one of my cuzins bashed em back in the day and said they werent shit.

busanboy

Unread post by busanboy » June 24th, 2009, 3:30 pm

Richboy17 wrote:I kno most koreans in NY are soft besides the ones that hang out with other races. Were these KP dudes in NY for real because one of my cuzins bashed em back in the day and said they werent shit.

I don't know where you from but in queens Korean usually roll with Koreans, or Asian (korean and chinese). The Korean g's with a good rep were mostly from Korean gangs. I don't know any Korean who rolled with non asian gangs that had a good rep. And most people of any race are soft anyway do I dont know why you have to single out Koreans in NY. As for KP, they are legendary among koreans in NY. The last younger generation in the early 2000s were not on the same level as their hyungs, but thats the same as any other gang. At their peak they were on another level how they were organized with the korean mob and ran business. But they been inactive for almost a decade. The hyungs ordered them not to rep KP anymore, so the name died out. Most of them run businesses now and a lot of them 100% legit

shing
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by shing » June 24th, 2009, 8:26 pm

LOL

Richboy17
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Richboy17 » June 24th, 2009, 9:04 pm

All i kno is KP usually fucked up other kOreans. And most asians i kno in NY and that are tough are the ones that hang out with blacks,italian, or albanians. And is KP still around today, i heard they around but not making any noise in Flushing.

busanboy

Unread post by busanboy » June 24th, 2009, 11:08 pm

^^it's sad but true but all gangs are like that. All gangs mostly fuck with their own kind. And obviously your personal experiences are different, but from what I seen the realest Asians did not roll with other races in Queens. Maybe it's different in other NY areas. And Italians and albanians? lol all I know is white boys bow down to asians in bayside flushing. don't get me wrong whites have their mafia but Asians wouldn't be with that. As for street gangs, I thought white boys haven't been making noise since the 1930s

And shing, I don't know your race or beef w Koreans is, but this was originally a discussion about Korean organized crime in NY, where your not even from. I don't know why you try so hard to to make Koreans sound like straight up bitches. Your really not doing anything good for us as Asians

thonkoboy2000
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Harbor Area

Unread post by thonkoboy2000 » June 25th, 2009, 2:02 am

richjesus u made a topic while back saying u were considering moving into that mid whilshire area.. did u move there?

Richboy17
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Richboy17 » June 25th, 2009, 8:58 am

busanboy wrote:^^it's sad but true but all gangs are like that. All gangs mostly fu-- with their own kind. And obviously your personal experiences are different, but from what I seen the realest Asians did not roll with other races in Queens. Maybe it's different in other NY areas. And Italians and albanians? lol all I know is white boys bow down to asians in bayside flushing. don't get me wrong whites have their mafia but Asians wouldn't be with that. As for street gangs, I thought white boys haven't been making noise since the 1930s

And shing, I don't know your race or beef w Koreans is, but this was originally a discussion about Korean organized crime in NY, where your not even from. I don't know why you try so hard to to make Koreans sound like straight up women. Your really not doing anything good for us as Asians
I was mainly talking about the asians in the Bronx and in westchester county. And the white boys in Bayside arent shit they are probably the biggest pussies i have ever met. I also use to hear that KP got smashed by Ghost Shadows and the Flying Dragons but i cud understand that because these chinese dudes were trigger happy.

shing
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by shing » June 25th, 2009, 6:37 pm

busanboy wrote:^^it's sad but true but all gangs are like that. All gangs mostly fu-- with their own kind. And obviously your personal experiences are different, but from what I seen the realest Asians did not roll with other races in Queens. Maybe it's different in other NY areas. And Italians and albanians? lol all I know is white boys bow down to asians in bayside flushing. don't get me wrong whites have their mafia but Asians wouldn't be with that. As for street gangs, I thought white boys haven't been making noise since the 1930s

And shing, I don't know your race or beef w Koreans is, but this was originally a discussion about Korean organized crime in NY, where your not even from. I don't know why you try so hard to to make Koreans sound like straight up women. Your really not doing anything good for us as Asians

in my first post i was merely referring to KP as a joke. we have run into a few and they were lames. my homies who lived out in NY also ran into them and they all referred to them as lames. i do not need to try to make koreans look bad. i leave up to Finito. i my years in the world i have fought alongside many koreans against other koreans and all i can say is that gangs like Korean Killers, american burgers, cys, ktm, kpb are not all they are hyped to be. in fact it's all mostly hype, but it is true that they did some dirt. there is no denying that. and as for me not doing anything good for "us" asians, were you there fighting off SanGra and Lomas in the late 80s and early 90s with me? ever in a riot vs surenos in the county jail? how about ridin on some crips in the state? i helped your drunken DUI uncles in the county from not getting smashed. where were you? plesae say i didn't do nothing for asians again.

busanboy

Unread post by busanboy » June 27th, 2009, 3:22 pm

shing wrote:in my first post i was merely referring to KP as a joke. we have run into a few and they were lames. my homies who lived out in NY also ran into them and they all referred to them as lames. i do not need to try to make koreans look bad. i leave up to Finito. i my years in the world i have fought alongside many koreans against other koreans and all i can say is that gangs like Korean Killers, american burgers, cys, ktm, kpb are not all they are hyped to be. in fact it's all mostly hype, but it is true that they did some dirt. there is no denying that. and as for me not doing anything good for "us" asians, were you there fighting off SanGra and Lomas in the late 80s and early 90s with me? ever in a riot vs surenos in the county jail? how about ridin on some crips in the state? i helped your drunken DUI uncles in the county from not getting smashed. where were you? plesae say i didn't do nothing for asians again.
I have nothing but respect for any Asian who held it down for own people. And I wont comment about korean gangs in Cali bc Im not from there, but I know KP in NY was real. You heard from your boys about KP in ny, but thats not enough to make judment. Whether or not you have a bias against koreans, you are stereotyping all Korean gangs as soft. I say kp was legendary because of the power they had within their community. They had more power than FD or Gs had in with the Chinese. Im not saying KP was the most powerful gang or cold blooded killers, but they had a lot of pull within Korean businesses. Back in thee day kp were involved in prostitutes, immigration, heavlity extortion, businesses. They also had the downest fighters, but how well they scrap some peopple dont care about in judging a gang
Richboy17 wrote: was mainly talking about the asians in the Bronx and in westchester county. And the white boys in Bayside arent shit they are probably the biggest pussies i have ever met. I also use to hear that KP got smashed by Ghost Shadows and the Flying Dragons but i cud understand that because these chinese dudes were trigger happy.

No, GS and FD did not smash on kp. In their prime gs and fd involved within their community and were only trigger happy to other Chinese. You make it seem like Chinese gangs gs and fd punked Korean gangs like kp. Thats false since GS and Fd were heavily mixed were koreans since the 90s. At one point fd was half korean in flushing. For gangs it was not Koreans vs Chinese but Asian vs Asian, with koreans and chinese on both sides. Plus, FD and GS didnt even smash on MMP. To tell you the truth shit was pretty even when they when at it. But fd and gs are infamous because of their inolvement in organized crime, like kp was

And people have to understand KP does NOT equal the most powerful korean org crime in NY. They were known because they were active both at the organized level and the streets. They worked for another organization which i won't go into. I would say the article was pretty accurate but I'm not sure how they came up with their number of 30 korean crime groups in NY. did they include street gangs too? That statistic is hard to come up with since all of the korean mobster groups have no names

busanboy

Unread post by busanboy » June 27th, 2009, 3:50 pm

Damn just realized I got to clear up what I said above about Chinese and Koreans. During th 70s and 80s they usually involved within their own kind. So Chinese gangs only shot up chinese. Starting the 90s things starting getting mixed with Koreans joining other Asian gangs. fd and gs were not all cold blooded killers and alot couldnt scrap for shit. Of course there were real ones tho. But you know every gang claims they're the hardest and talk shit about other. For every story that says kp got punked, there are more that say the complete opposite