NYC Gang Map

Discuss gangs in the Northeast section of the US in the following states; Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island & Vermont.
Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: West Los

NYC Gang Map

Unread post by Silencioso » May 6th, 2010, 3:07 pm

Just the top gangs but still interesting:
651.x480.iny.gangsmap.jpg
651.x480.iny.gangsmap.jpg (23.92 KiB) Viewed 6861 times

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: New York City

Re: NYC Gang Map

Unread post by Cold Bear » May 10th, 2010, 10:26 am

I mean some things make sense like Upper Manhattan: Spanish Harlem is LK? ok fine. I don't ever see LK's in the street on 116 like that but could be. A little farther up central Harlem Bloods run all of that all the way up through there I think the red dots should cover that whole shit lol. the west side of Harlem around b'way and 135th and up is very Dominican, so the blue dot over there makes sense. 3ni and DDP up in Wash Heights makes sense.

LES I don't think DDP and 3nis are down there like that

what is that shit on the lower west side of manhattan? There's PJ's over there but 3ni and DDP?

I think brooklyn has more sections with Bloods, I see what I think is Crown Heights, Bed Stuy with bloods, Is that bushwick with 3nis? IF the 3nis in Marcy Projects are that leftmost white dot then the bloods being right next door is accurate but then LK's? No

LK and MS down on the left in Sunset Park makes sense

Queens should have way more dots than that though. I'm guessing LK is in Corona and there are a lot of MS in the outskirts of queens but what about Jamaica and all the black gangs out there

There's no crips listed anywhere like in Flatbush or anywhere

There should be 3nis listed in that section with bloods and DDP next to eachother in the BX, that's the Concourse area i think. There's Bloods up there but I see some 3nis up there too. Never seen any MS in the Bronx. Also my people live near yankee stadium there's a lot of RGC, Rocc Gang Crip hit ups all over that section.

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Silencioso » May 10th, 2010, 12:39 pm

I don't vouch for the map's authenticity, I just found it online. It looked interesting so I put it up. I thought it was strange they didn't have Crips or Netas listed. I always heard those were major city wide gangs.

I didn't know MS13 was that big in the city of NY itself. I thought it was mostly in Long Island and NJ.

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Cold Bear » May 10th, 2010, 2:28 pm

I found the article. The map makes more sense with the article

http://newyork.timeout.com/articles/i-n ... f-new-york

I think it's the type of shit you would never notice in NYC in a lot of those neighborhoods. Where I live at I notice gang activity but older people have zero idea there's bloods in the hood like that. Point is that in any of those hoods you will notice it's poor / hood / grimy, but the gangs themselves are not out there like that all the time like say Bloods in Harlem.

The numbers are so few, like the article says, and they don't have 'hoods' like in LA, so it's hard to be take that map as more than a rough frame.

"According to the mayor’s Preliminary 2008 Fiscal Report, New York is home to some 17,000 gang members. “For a city as large as New York, it has extremely low numbers,”

“New York doesn’t have clearly demarcated gang territories like Chicago and Los Angeles,” adds David Brotherton, chair of the sociology department at the John Jay College of Criminal Justice.

I knew for a fact there was MS out in Queens east of where the LK's are at but not north and south, and not the BX (I would think maybe Hunts Point not the section it shows) Sunset Park is believable I just haven't seen it myself

I saw way more NMS, CTS 26, and other Mexican Raza gangs in Brooklyn and Crips too. Guess they are not making the streets hot is all

sickside
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Riverside

Unread post by sickside » May 10th, 2010, 7:01 pm

So MS has that many spot in the NYC...like that!

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Silencioso » May 11th, 2010, 11:28 am

"According to the mayor’s Preliminary 2008 Fiscal Report, New York is home to some 17,000 gang members. “For a city as large as New York, it has extremely low numbers,”

I've read that there were 25,000 gang members in NY in the 70's. I think that was the last time NYC had a real gang problem.

MCD
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: East Side Sacra

Unread post by MCD » May 11th, 2010, 2:42 pm

I had no idea NY had any MS,i thought Virginia was as far east as they went. And aren't there crips in NY?

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Unread post by Sentenza » May 11th, 2010, 4:11 pm

MCD wrote:I had no idea NY had any MS,i thought Virginia was as far east as they went. And aren't there crips in NY?
Yea

I dont know where that is in NY though. :lol:

userelm
If in the United States: New Mexico
What city do you live in now?: Bronx

Unread post by userelm » May 21st, 2010, 5:37 pm

THAT MAP IS FUCKED UP!! IT SHOULD BE MOSTLY RED DOTS ALL OVER THAT SHIT SAY WHAT YOU WANT ABOUT NY BLOODS THEY ARE THE DEEPEST IN EVERY SINGLE BOROUGH! MAYBE NOT MANHATTEN BUT ALL THE OTHERS. CKRIPS ARE DEEP IN BROOKLYN BUT THE FUNNY SHIT ABOUT THAT IS THAT MOST OF THEM USED TO BE BLOOD! THE THING ABOUT NEW YORK IS THAT WHEN NIKKAS GET THROWN OUT OF GANGS FOR BEING BICTH MADE THEY HOOD HOP AND JOIN THE RIVAL GANGS!!!

BL114DYNICCKLES
If in the United States: New Mexico
What city do you live in now?: Fucck U

Unread post by BL114DYNICCKLES » May 27th, 2010, 1:40 am

userelm wrote:THAT MAP IS #%@& UP!! IT SHOULD BE MOSTLY RED DOTS ALL OVER THAT SHIT SAY WHAT YOU WANT ABOUT NY BLOODS THEY ARE THE DEEPEST IN EVERY SINGLE BOROUGH! MAYBE NOT MANHATTEN BUT ALL THE OTHERS. CKRIPS ARE DEEP IN BROOKLYN BUT THE FUNNY SHIT ABOUT THAT IS THAT MOST OF THEM USED TO BE BLOOD! THE THING ABOUT NEW YORK IS THAT WHEN NIKKAS GET THROWN OUT OF GANGS FOR BEING BICTH MADE THEY HOOD HOP AND JOIN THE RIVAL GANGS!!!
ALL THE M MOTHA FUCCKAS IS FAKE THEY NEE D TO HOOD HOP TO THE REAL HOW U GONNA RUN with SUM FAKE GD AKA FAKE NY DONUTTK CRIPS then HOP TO SUM FAKE NY BL114DS SHAKE MY HEAD

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by alexalonso » October 15th, 2010, 10:49 am

I am going to New York to make an official gang map.

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Cold Bear » October 20th, 2010, 8:58 am

Hit your boy N---- up!

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Whittier

Unread post by mayugastank » October 21st, 2010, 1:28 am

You know what I dont understand about NYC and other states is how black history in those places could be so historic yet they rely on transpalnts from LA and Chitown to start up gangs in the South ( the historic black home ) and NYC. In the reverse the first LA chicano gangs were started by chicanos from Texas and other historic mexican-american citys. The Latin Kings in Chitown are thought ot be predominately Puerto Rican --yet truth is they were started by both Mexicans and Ricans. My take on this is that gang culture in this country is predominantely Mexican-American and taht blacks only touch off on gangs when in direct contact with mexicans. Its why they adopt the demeanor/graffiti/signals/colors/tattoos/sayings/secret codes of mexican american cholos.

Please Correct me as I am looking for anything to prove me wrong. Although all cultures and races throughout time have had gangs ---only the Italians and Mexican Americans have been able to withstand every circumstance in bringing the gangs of the ear,y 19th century into the year 2010. Although it may not be a "thing to brag about" Styles in America are mainly set by gang members. Oldest Black Gang 1950..........Oldest Mexican Gang 1890.

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Silencioso » November 27th, 2010, 6:01 pm

You know what I dont understand about NYC and other states is how black history in those places could be so historic yet they rely on transpalnts from LA and Chitown to start up gangs in the South ( the historic black home ) and NYC.

The Bloods in NYC weren't started by LA transplants, it was started by local people who were locked up in Rykers and admired the Blood structure. They don't fully emulate the LA black gang style, they don't use LA style graffiti, they wear beads (a local NY gang thing)

In the reverse the first LA chicano gangs were started by chicanos from Texas and other historic mexican-american citys. The Latin Kings in Chitown are thought ot be predominately Puerto Rican --yet truth is they were started by both Mexicans and Ricans. My take on this is that gang culture in this country is predominantely Mexican-American and taht blacks only touch off on gangs when in direct contact with mexicans.

There's nothing Mexican about gangs in NY, even the the small time Mexican gangs there don't act Mexican. Chicago gangs are based off the big black gangs like Vice Lords and Disciples and the white ethnic gangs of the 1940s-60s. Almost everything important about Chicago gangs comes from one of those two sources.

Its why they adopt the demeanor/graffiti/signals/colors/tattoos/sayings/secret codes of mexican american cholos.

There's nothing cholo about gangs on the East Coast except maybe parts of the South East like Atlanta and the MS13 in DC/Virginia.

Please Correct me as I am looking for anything to prove me wrong. Although all cultures and races throughout time have had gangs ---only the Italians and Mexican Americans have been able to withstand every circumstance in bringing the gangs of the ear,y 19th century into the year 2010.

Italians have a long mafia/organized crime tradition but street gangs? Yeah they had them back in the day but they were just old school rumble type street gangs. Nothing to brag about.

Although it may not be a "thing to brag about" Styles in America are mainly set by gang members. Oldest Black Gang 1950..........Oldest Mexican Gang 1890.

The oldest black gangs go back at least to the 1920's. L.A. had the Boozies and Chicago had the 4 Corners and others.

6Executioner
What city do you live in now?: San Diego

Unread post by 6Executioner » December 7th, 2010, 8:42 pm

Silencioso wrote:You know what I dont understand about NYC and other states is how black history in those places could be so historic yet they rely on transpalnts from LA and Chitown to start up gangs in the South ( the historic black home ) and NYC.

The Bloods in NYC weren't started by LA transplants, it was started by local people who were locked up in Rykers and admired the Blood structure. They don't fully emulate the LA black gang style, they don't use LA style graffiti, they wear beads (a local NY gang thing)

In the reverse the first LA chicano gangs were started by chicanos from Texas and other historic mexican-american citys. The Latin Kings in Chitown are thought ot be predominately Puerto Rican --yet truth is they were started by both Mexicans and Ricans. My take on this is that gang culture in this country is predominantely Mexican-American and taht blacks only touch off on gangs when in direct contact with mexicans.

WHERE DID YOU GET THAT FROM ???

--Yeah thats shit is strange, cause Most Chicago LATIN KINGS are Mexican/Mexican Decent about 80%, while i was over in Chicago in Gage Park and Little Village, all Latin Kings were Mexicans, be aware that Mexicans in Chicago outnumber Puerto Ricans, 5 to 1.

There's nothing Mexican about gangs in NY, even the the small time Mexican gangs there don't act Mexican. Chicago gangs are based off the big black gangs like Vice Lords and Disciples and the white ethnic gangs of the 1940s-60s. Almost everything important about Chicago gangs comes from one of those two sources.

--Listen the Cholo style is not Mexican, its Chicano, Mexicans in Mexico dont use that style at all, only the copies from California Chicanos

Its why they adopt the demeanor/graffiti/signals/colors/tattoos/sayings/secret codes of mexican american cholos.

There's nothing cholo about gangs on the East Coast except maybe parts of the South East like Atlanta and the MS13 in DC/Virginia.

Please Correct me as I am looking for anything to prove me wrong. Although all cultures and races throughout time have had gangs ---only the Italians and Mexican Americans have been able to withstand every circumstance in bringing the gangs of the ear,y 19th century into the year 2010.

Italians have a long mafia/organized crime tradition but street gangs? Yeah they had them back in the day but they were just old school rumble type street gangs. Nothing to brag about.

Although it may not be a "thing to brag about" Styles in America are mainly set by gang members. Oldest Black Gang 1950..........Oldest Mexican Gang 1890.

The oldest black gangs go back at least to the 1920's. L.A. had the Boozies and Chicago had the 4 Corners and others.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by alexalonso » October 25th, 2012, 11:16 pm

do the turfs in New York City stay the same for a while before they change, or do they change all the time? I want to map all 5 burroughs.

Return to “Gang Questions, Info & News - East Coast - U.S.A.”