How do NY street gangs interact with the Mafia?

Discuss gangs in the Northeast section of the US in the following states; Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island & Vermont.
MCD
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: East Side Sacra

How do NY street gangs interact with the Mafia?

Unread post by MCD » May 11th, 2010, 2:49 pm

I don't know much about NY gangs.. Does the Italian mob still have the most power in NY? Do street gangs like bloods, crips, LK, Netas beef or ally with any mob families?

gornto
If in the United States: New Mexico
What city do you live in now?: Staten Island

Re: How do NY street gangs interact with the Mafia?

Unread post by gornto » March 7th, 2011, 7:36 pm

no.

mobhistorybuff
What city do you live in now?: new york city

Unread post by mobhistorybuff » April 4th, 2011, 9:37 am

The street gangs in new york have no dealings with the italian mafia what so ever , it's funny to even imagine , yeah picture a benz and a caddy pulling up to the project's and the head of one of the 5 families goes in a project infested building with dope and crack dealers hanging out from the steps of the enterence to the elevator and on every floor , the mob boss and his soliders are really going to be seen in such an inviorment and for what 10 perent of the gangs action , it's a dumb question , thats why it's called organized crime thats been around since 1900 , street gangs are not and never will be in the same league as something as profitble and nationality togetherness and the whole difference of types of criminals i can't even keep going on , it's like compaing a masters degree from harvard with an online g.e.d , and that goes for the italian mob , the russian mob , and the chinese mob none of those organizations would ever have anything to do with your bloods ,crips, biker gangs , or your mexicn gangs , get real people , yes you do hear story's of some outlaw renagade guy's who are on there own and may be italian,or russian or jewish that will deal with street gangs in selling crystal meth and other drugs and guns but like i said renagade guys who have no invovlment with real oranized crime excet from the lies they will tell there new found gang friends to get some kind of credientals well knowing the street gang can't find out if there telling the truth or not who are they goin to ask , please never compare two totally different things organized crime and street gang crime seperate identities what so ever and i don't care what any steert gang person says they do not have a single thing to do with one another except like i said maybe somewhere 75 guys down the road who are not made or even close to being made and probably never even met a made guy may get his drugs off a street gang thats abou it , fact ....

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: West Los

Unread post by Silencioso » April 14th, 2011, 1:20 pm

Doesn't the mob work with biker gangs like the Pagans?

mobhistorybuff
What city do you live in now?: new york city

Unread post by mobhistorybuff » April 24th, 2011, 7:45 am

Silencioso wrote:Doesn't the mob work with biker gangs like the Pagans?
In areas like pennsilvania and other suburban areas i have herd that the local mob in those areas do buisness with groups like the pagans but those citys the mob families are nothing like new york , in the united ststes there is a nob commision that rules the entire mob in america and the only family's that st on the commision are 4 out of the 5 families in new york , so your major mobsters are all new york made men , places like L.A and kansas city and new orleans the mob families there and everywhere else has to chexk with new york on alot of things before they can at and nw york guys can go to any territory in the us and operate , non of the other citys mob familys come close to the power new york has , thats why alot of guys who cant make it in with the new york families venture out to L.A or someplace to get made , so im ot surprised guys in pennsilvania may do buisness with biker groups and im sure the buisness at hand is drugs . but even still its not the old timers .

ViciousRidah
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Tennessee
What city do you live in now?: A City Where Im Low Key

Unread post by ViciousRidah » April 24th, 2011, 7:42 pm

mobhistorybuff wrote:
Silencioso wrote:Doesn't the mob work with biker gangs like the Pagans?
In areas like pennsilvania and other suburban areas i have herd that the local mob in those areas do buisness with groups like the pagans but those citys the mob families are nothing like new york , in the united ststes there is a nob commision that rules the entire mob in america and the only family's that st on the commision are 4 out of the 5 families in new york , so your major mobsters are all new york made men , places like L.A and kansas city and new orleans the mob families there and everywhere else has to chexk with new york on alot of things before they can at and nw york guys can go to any territory in the us and operate , non of the other citys mob familys come close to the power new york has , thats why alot of guys who cant make it in with the new york families venture out to L.A or someplace to get made , so im ot surprised guys in pennsilvania may do buisness with biker groups and im sure the buisness at hand is drugs . but even still its not the old timers .
Is there even a LA ,New Orleans or Kansas City Crime Family still functioning.

I also figured that the commission is now defunct and is no longer in functioning.

gornto

Unread post by gornto » May 18th, 2011, 2:16 pm

Most of the families you mentioned (KC, LA, & NO) have diminished down to half-assed crews, with no more than 5-10 made guys left. They control nothing more than shy-locking, gambling, shaking down bars, or small time coke deals. The commission is still active, but never meets. (To risky) Approval by the commission is still needed to make a new boss or any new made guys.

MCD
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by MCD » June 7th, 2011, 5:28 pm

Maybe I worded my question wrong, I figured the families don't have deep connections with average street gangsters. I know organized crime operates on a much higher level. what I was curious about was if street gangs have any dealings whatsoever, like do they encroach on territory controlled by mobsters or are they employed for drug dealing or low level enforcing. It just struck my interest that NY has so many street gangs when it's a city that's made out to be controlled by the big crime families. I've never been there so any other info would be good.

MCD
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by MCD » June 7th, 2011, 5:32 pm

mobhistorybuff wrote:The street gangs in new york have no dealings with the italian mafia what so ever , it's funny to even imagine , yeah picture a benz and a caddy pulling up to the project's and the head of one of the 5 families goes in a project infested building with dope and crack dealers hanging out from the steps of the enterence to the elevator and on every floor , the mob boss and his soliders are really going to be seen in such an inviorment and for what 10 perent of the gangs action , it's a dumb question , thats why it's called organized crime thats been around since 1900 , street gangs are not and never will be in the same league as something as profitble and nationality togetherness and the whole difference of types of criminals i can't even keep going on , it's like compaing a masters degree from harvard with an online g.e.d , and that goes for the italian mob , the russian mob , and the chinese mob none of those organizations would ever have anything to do with your bloods ,crips, biker gangs , or your mexicn gangs , get real people , yes you do hear story's of some outlaw renagade guy's who are on there own and may be italian,or russian or jewish that will deal with street gangs in selling crystal meth and other drugs and guns but like i said renagade guys who have no invovlment with real oranized crime excet from the lies they will tell there new found gang friends to get some kind of credientals well knowing the street gang can't find out if there telling the truth or not who are they goin to ask , please never compare two totally different things organized crime and street gang crime seperate identities what so ever and i don't care what any steert gang person says they do not have a single thing to do with one another except like i said maybe somewhere 75 guys down the road who are not made or even close to being made and probably never even met a made guy may get his drugs off a street gang thats abou it , fact ....
thanks that answered some of my questions. But I was never comparing them i know the differences between the 2, just wanted to know any association that has ever existed between them in NYC specifically. I know NYC is huge and there's probably enough room for gangs and mafia to exist separately, but I was curious if the more powerful street gangs ever make contact with mobsters, intentionally or not.

gornto

Unread post by gornto » June 19th, 2011, 6:09 pm

thanks that answered some of my questions. But I was never comparing them i know the differences between the 2, just wanted to know any association that has ever existed between them in NYC specifically. I know NYC is huge and there's probably enough room for gangs and mafia to exist separately, but I was curious if the more powerful street gangs ever make contact with mobsters, intentionally or not.
I know ralph perna's crew in jersey works with some bloods set and most of boopsie castelle's crew is made up of guys who deal coke to black and pr street gangs.