Black gangs in Providence, RI

Discuss gangs in the Northeast section of the US in the following states; Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island & Vermont.
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Black gangs in Providence, RI

Unread post by alexalonso » December 30th, 2012, 2:07 am

What are the black gangs in Providence RI? This is the main town in Rhode Island, and they have a small black population. I wonder of there are crips / bloods there or homegrown.

RizoManteiga
If in the United States: Rhode Island
What city do you live in now?: Providence

Re: Black gangs in Providence, RI

Unread post by RizoManteiga » August 6th, 2020, 3:45 pm

For the most part in Prov you'll come across mostly crips. Hanover is active, and they don't only recruit strictly black dudes. In RI black, white, hispanic, doesn't matter, just if you got heart, and not scared to put in work. Yung Bloodz, and BloodHoundz were prominent at one time. Personally met some self acclaimed BHB's but never were able to verify them. Some ESP here and there, but branched off into 5StarPiru when big homies came up north. Back in the day dudes claiming 5 Star (ubn) were everywhere, but haven't seen many recently.
Also many Hispanic Crip sets. & A shitload of homegrown/hybrid sets popped up everywhere, that sometimes have people from different gangs that cliqued up. Like how the decepticons in Brooklyn was sometimes compromised of both bloods and crips. (Only used them as a reference, never met one in RI lol). Haven't seen many other blood sets with actual ties to the motherland. So you got, Young Bloodz, BloodHoundz, Hanover Blocc Crips, Elm Street Piru. &I'm sure other Crip sets I don't know of. I haven't really been active in years, so this might not be 100% accurate today. Also for further reading, One of the members of the Piru rap group FettiGang is from the Southside of Prov before he moved to Atlanta. I feel a majority of the gangs here now are mostly Crips, or Asian and Hispanic based. For awhile there was static between the bloods and Asian Boyz.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Re: Black gangs in Providence, RI

Unread post by alexalonso » June 22nd, 2021, 2:00 pm

RizoManteiga wrote:
August 6th, 2020, 3:45 pm
For the most part in Prov you'll come across mostly crips. Hanover is active, and they don't only recruit strictly black dudes. In RI black, white, hispanic, doesn't matter, just if you got heart, and not scared to put in work. Yung Bloodz, and BloodHoundz were prominent at one time. Personally met some self acclaimed BHB's but never were able to verify them. Some ESP here and there, but branched off into 5StarPiru when big homies came up north. Back in the day dudes claiming 5 Star (ubn) were everywhere, but haven't seen many recently.
Also many Hispanic Crip sets. & A shitload of homegrown/hybrid sets popped up everywhere, that sometimes have people from different gangs that cliqued up. Like how the decepticons in Brooklyn was sometimes compromised of both bloods and crips. (Only used them as a reference, never met one in RI lol). Haven't seen many other blood sets with actual ties to the motherland. So you got, Young Bloodz, BloodHoundz, Hanover Blocc Crips, Elm Street Piru. &I'm sure other Crip sets I don't know of. I haven't really been active in years, so this might not be 100% accurate today. Also for further reading, One of the members of the Piru rap group FettiGang is from the Southside of Prov before he moved to Atlanta. I feel a majority of the gangs here now are mostly Crips, or Asian and Hispanic based. For awhile there was static between the bloods and Asian Boyz.
thanks for that information