Cape Verdean gangs in Massachusetts and Rhode Island

Discuss gangs in the Northeast section of the US in the following states; Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island & Vermont.
TheKillingJoke
If in the United States: New York
What city do you live in now?: Amsterdam

Cape Verdean gangs in Massachusetts and Rhode Island

Unread post by TheKillingJoke » January 17th, 2015, 7:25 am

Anyone has specific info on them? Are they active in major organized crime activities like large drug trafficking, extortion, prostitution,...?

Most of the info you can find on them relates to some busts. Like this one for instance:
http://www.justice.gov/usao-ma/pr/thirt ... ment-round

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Re: Cape Verdean gangs in Massachusetts and Rhode Island

Unread post by alexalonso » January 21st, 2015, 3:59 pm

I never heard Cape Verdean. What race / ethnicity is the gang?

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: SJ

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » January 21st, 2015, 7:41 pm

Google is a powerful tool. Ha, but seriously I have heard of Cape Verdeans and met one from Boston. She said she was Creole and she looked it. Didn't think they were big enough to have these problems. Cape Verde is an island by Europe and Africa. The island was found by Portuguese and I think is mostly people of African descent, but it is mixed.

alsheikh971
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by alsheikh971 » January 23rd, 2015, 6:26 am

Cape-Verdean people speaks Portuguese, and they are Creole (technically this term is reserved to the people born in America but ...), they would look like your average "Dominican (Santo Domingo). They are in USA since 19th century, first came as fisher men, specially in hunting whales !!! Many of them are in New England. it is said that there are half million of them in the US.
For that matter, there's a sizable community around where I live in Paris (suburbs). They are not hispanics but latinos !

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » January 23rd, 2015, 11:35 pm

I actually looked them up to make sure how much on point I was about them, and see what else I could learn. Definitely more close to Africa than Europe, but off the coast of west Africa.

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » January 23rd, 2015, 11:43 pm

alsheikh971 wrote:Cape-Verdean people speaks Portuguese, and they are Creole (technically this term is reserved to the people born in America but ...), they would look like your average "Dominican (Santo Domingo). They are in USA since 19th century, first came as fisher men, specially in hunting whales !!! Many of them are in New England. it is said that there are half million of them in the US.
For that matter, there's a sizable community around where I live in Paris (suburbs). They are not hispanics but latinos !
Yeah they're Latin, but also speak their version of Creole. Never knew them to have such a large population.

alsheikh971
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by alsheikh971 » January 25th, 2015, 8:25 am

Even if it's not the topic, but many of their cheeks are really hot ! Just sayin' :lol:

alsheikh971
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by alsheikh971 » January 25th, 2015, 8:42 am

By the way, I remember reading, on another post, that you (Rudog) were writing that you are latino but not hispanic when arguing with a sureno. I immediately thought about the sizable portuguese community that resides in central valley california, mainly from Açores. There is no shortage of Lusitanos related people in France from : Portugual, Angola, Cabo Verde & Brazil ... I went to portugal, 10years ago and spent great holidays, people were very friendly.
Back to Cabo Verde people, their music mimics our French Caribbean music "Zouk" though their music seems more varied.
On the gang level, except for drug smuggling or prostitution, these people are mainly under the radar, in France for that matter. In Massachusetts, I heard that New Bedford was/is their ground zero
Salaam

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » January 25th, 2015, 1:59 pm

@alsheikh971, I believe you meant chics and yes they can be hot! Have you been California? What part of Portugal did you go to?

TheKillingJoke
If in the United States: New York
What city do you live in now?: Amsterdam

Unread post by TheKillingJoke » January 26th, 2015, 4:39 am

alsheikh971 wrote:By the way, I remember reading, on another post, that you (Rudog) were writing that you are latino but not hispanic when arguing with a sureno. I immediately thought about the sizable portuguese community that resides in central valley california, mainly from Açores. There is no shortage of Lusitanos related people in France from : Portugual, Angola, Cabo Verde & Brazil ... I went to portugal, 10years ago and spent great holidays, people were very friendly.
Back to Cabo Verde people, their music mimics our French Caribbean music "Zouk" though their music seems more varied.
On the gang level, except for drug smuggling or prostitution, these people are mainly under the radar, in France for that matter. In Massachusetts, I heard that New Bedford was/is their ground zero
Salaam
This question might be a bit off topic, but since you're from France, which black gangs are the most powerful over there? I mean in terms of organized crime and money-making like drugs, prostitution,... Cape Verdeans, Antilleans or West Africans (Malians, Senegalese, Ivorians)?

Just curious, because when you read about homegrown mob activity in France, you mostly get to read stuff on Corsicans, Algerians, Moroccans and Manouches/Yéniches. Not much known on black gangs over there.

alsheikh971
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by alsheikh971 » January 26th, 2015, 6:24 am

Yeah Correct, I mean Chics not cheek, I wasn't talking about facial features :shock:, lol
I never set foot in california, but some homies are interested in a road- holiday to discover the mythic West-Coast 8).
I'm a little bit more familiar with Canada (specially Quebec for obvious reasons), NYC.
I went in Lisboa, Evora and in Algarve ( the left side in arabic) around Faro !
I plan to go back there with my wife to enjoy a "Portuguès Primavera", may God bless us !?
Are you familiar with this part of Europe ?
Salaam/Peace

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » January 26th, 2015, 2:18 pm

alsheikh971 wrote:Yeah Correct, I mean Chics not cheek, I wasn't talking about facial features :shock:, lol
I never set foot in california, but some homies are interested in a road- holiday to discover the mythic West-Coast 8).
I'm a little bit more familiar with Canada (specially Quebec for obvious reasons), NYC.
I went in Lisboa, Evora and in Algarve ( the left side in arabic) around Faro !
I plan to go back there with my wife to enjoy a "Portuguès Primavera", may God bless us !?
Are you familiar with this part of Europe ?
Salaam/Peace
The parts of Europe I have been to, are Portugal and Spain. Can't recall all the locations, but I have also been to Lisbon. I would like to see more of Europe.