irish mafia

Discuss gangs in the Northeast section of the US in the following states; Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island & Vermont.
scarfacetm87

irish mafia

Unread post by scarfacetm87 » April 21st, 2005, 6:58 pm

Does ne one kno ne thing about a irish mafia in the us?

BendyThumbs
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: irish mafia

Unread post by BendyThumbs » April 21st, 2005, 9:02 pm

SOme say there are still some Westies, but they really aren't much. I would look towards The Winterhill/Southies in Boston and the West End Gang of Montreal to find the only real irish mafia groups. Don't really exist anymore where it is exclusively Irish. Irish are involved with LCN and stuff too, but it's not like the old days.

MICK
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MICK » June 15th, 2005, 9:54 pm

CHICAGO, BOSTON, NEW YORK, JERSEY, PHILLY AND LA have Irish mobs.

Kemosave
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Paddy Whacked

Unread post by Kemosave » June 29th, 2005, 11:17 pm

Paddy Whacked: The Untold Story of the Irish-American Gangster
by T. J. English is worth a read. Not complete but the best in print on the subject.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... s&n=507846

AMAR187

Unread post by AMAR187 » July 23rd, 2006, 2:57 pm

they dont mean a thing

MafiaG
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by MafiaG » September 21st, 2006, 3:15 pm

is this a joke ? fo real yall irish is suburban dudes yall will get treated even by the tiny rascal gang

Individual
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Individual » September 21st, 2006, 10:44 pm

MICK wrote:CHICAGO, BOSTON, NEW YORK, JERSEY, PHILLY AND LA have Irish mobs.
I know boston has a huge irish community.

but not L.A

londonpride
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by londonpride » September 23rd, 2006, 5:37 pm

Bostons southside had an irish mob led by whitey bulger.Altough some of there main players and hitmen was italian.I read a book by kevin weeks who was like bulgers captain.

-

londonpride
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by londonpride » September 23rd, 2006, 5:38 pm

Kevin Weeks

Among members of the Boston underworld, no one was closer to "Whitey" Bulger than Kevin Weeks, a South Boston native and loyal tough guy who Bulger groomed as his successor and treated like a son.

During the 1980s, Weeks operated several of the Southie convenience stores and liquor marts that served as fronts for the Bulger organization. Weeks received "rent" payments from loan sharks and bookmakers, insulating Bulger from the transactions, and also helped shake down local crooks and businessmen behind on their debts to the gang.

Following Bulger's disappearance in 1995, Weeks acted as "operational chief" of the Bulger organization, taking orders from the fugitive gangster over the phone and keeping Bulger well-funded by funnelling thousands of dollars into his bank account.

Once Bulger and Flemmi were outed as FBI snitches, Weeks became the target of local mobsters who had been ratted out by the pair. He also grew increasingly bitter toward his former bosses. In 1999, he was arrested and charged in a federal racketeering indictment. Facing the prospect of charges that could send him to prison for life, and with no financial or legal assistance forthcoming from Bulger's ruined organization, Weeks agreed to cooperate against his old boss. In 2000 he led police to the bodies of eight alleged Bulger victims buried in various locations around Boston.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.boston.com/news/packages/whi ... /weeks.htm

dutch
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by dutch » September 24th, 2006, 1:39 am

londonpride wrote:Bostons southside had an irish mob led by whitey bulger.Altough some of there main players and hitmen was italian.I read a book by kevin weeks who was like bulgers captain.
I read the same book,good read.Funny thing was Weeks got bitch-slapped by some lesbians,in a lesbian disco.His friends made some bad remarkes about lesbian and they had to fight them off.Hahahahaha

Boston_sean

Unread post by Boston_sean » April 3rd, 2007, 5:56 pm

k irish mob is basically outed i mean its liek tiny bc first off Italians took over and kicked our asses (yes im irish) and then bulger brought us back but then he turned out to be FBI so he ran nd then they kinda juss took over and im sure there r irish gangs but not a mafia

MilwaukeeJungeKING

Unread post by MilwaukeeJungeKING » April 3rd, 2007, 6:17 pm

According to wikipedia, and other sources (such as the book which I am currently reading, "Paddy Whacked"), there are still a few Irish Mafia groups around, especially in Montreal and Lower Manhattan's 'Hell's Kitchen' area (Westies territory). Whatever the case, though, they still aren't nearly as widespread or powerful as the remaining Cosa Nostra families in the U.S. While both the LCN and the Irish Mob have lost considerable power since the Prohibition days, due to tons of police efforts and FBI efforts to dismantle them, the LCN still has a sizeable amount of power and money in some areas, especially in NYC and Chicago. But Milwaukee still has a (small but existing) family, and so do many other cities where the Irish Mafia either never existed or at least doesn't anymore.

Odog
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Odog » April 4th, 2007, 7:58 am

MilwaukeeJungeKING wrote:According to wikipedia, and other sources (such as the book which I am currently reading, "Paddy Whacked"), there are still a few Irish Mafia groups around, especially in Montreal and Lower Manhattan's 'Hell's Kitchen' area (Westies territory). Whatever the case, though, they still aren't nearly as widespread or powerful as the remaining Cosa Nostra families in the U.S. While both the LCN and the Irish Mob have lost considerable power since the Prohibition days, due to tons of police efforts and FBI efforts to dismantle them, the LCN still has a sizeable amount of power and money in some areas, especially in NYC and Chicago. But Milwaukee still has a (small but existing) family, and so do many other cities where the Irish Mafia either never existed or at least doesn't anymore.
Naw man,westies are gone.Only Montreal has still a Irish mob.

yardstick
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Dago

Unread post by yardstick » May 30th, 2007, 11:37 pm

Most Irish Mobs are gone. Most of them killed themselves off in Boston-but I think the Winter Hill Gang is still around (small scale). Someone probably took over after Whitey fled.

Most of the Westies don't even work out of Hell's Kitchen any more. They are tiny if they are even around. I think Jimmy Coonan's nephew runs a small outfit that can be considered the "last of the Westies."

As funny as it sounds, there is an Irish outfit in Alabama. I think they work with the Italians out of New Orleans.

There is supposed to be an outfit in north Philly still.

Most of the Irish mobs died off, or are dying off. Too many internal wars, RICO cases, and rats have broken the back of most of these organizations. Many Irish mobsters also went independent after their outfits got shaken up.

BornInvincible
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by BornInvincible » May 31st, 2007, 12:48 am

areefce
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by areefce » May 31st, 2007, 8:01 am

londonpride wrote:Bostons southside had an irish mob led by whitey bulger.Altough some of there main players and hitmen was italian.I read a book by kevin weeks who was like bulgers captain.

-
i just finished this book.it was called BRUTAL pretty good read.

andrew
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by andrew » May 31st, 2007, 12:58 pm

true.....most white mobs with exception of russians (and corporate jews of course) are a thing of the past...INCLUDING the italians.......no one can do time anymore except street gangsters....everyone rolls over and the fbi broke all thier backs

but again with a little embellishment it makes for good books and movies.............................white peeps need to romantisize about the glory days and hold on to hope that they may one day return

not to say there arent tough white gangs......but the days are over for bosses taking over a prison and influencing guards,of them controlling crime in cities......get with reality....it wont happen no more.....its like the wild west now no one controls shit or respects shit or cant do the time

BornInvincible
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by BornInvincible » June 1st, 2007, 12:18 am

which white group do u guys think are the hardest of all white cirminal groups or gangs? hells angels? ab? or what? which cirminal white organization ahs the most pull?

Old Shatterhand
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Old Shatterhand » June 1st, 2007, 10:04 am

I know you've asked this question countless times on this forum and really really R E A L L Y want to know the answer over and over for some reason no matter how clearly it is explained to you (and God only knows why) so we are going to tell you the answer Invincible in the hopes that you can finally go on with your life and became a productive citizen of society.

Are you ready Invincible... drum roll please... the answer is: The Dr. Demento Club. That's right Invincible! And their membership is open. So fill out the card and send it in and get your Dr. Demento membership card to show all your wannabe WP kid friends. You're rolling with the big boys now Invincible.

http://www.drdemento.com/

Here's who you'll be answering to Invincible now that you're so down:

BornInvincible wrote:which white group do u guys think are the hardest of all white cirminal groups or gangs? hells angels? ab? or what? which cirminal white organization ahs the most pull?

BornInvincible
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by BornInvincible » June 1st, 2007, 11:27 am

im a white gang prospect.

Old Shatterhand
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Old Shatterhand » June 1st, 2007, 3:27 pm

And in time you will become comfortable in a cell further burdening the American working man.
BornInvincible wrote:im a white gang prospect.

andrew
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by andrew » June 12th, 2007, 6:25 pm

prospecting is just gay.....my homie from new york is DMS...he lives here now......and he prospects fools to be in his crew....whats that shit?why not just fuck them up and put them on......i wouldnt trust anyone in my crew unless me or some of my friends beat the shit out of them

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Noog » June 14th, 2007, 8:50 am

Different strokes - don't people 'prospect' for biker gangs? Its a kind of apprenticeship - and more likey to gain trust both ways that being jumped in

TeeKay
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by TeeKay » June 18th, 2007, 1:16 am

BornInvincible wrote:im a white gang prospect.
And soon you'll be in a cell playing "hide the sausage" with your new cell mate "bear"