England

There has been an increase in gang and youth groups in many Western European cities that have seen an influx of immigrants. There is also a significant organized crime coming from Eastern Europe In this section discuss Austria [Österreich], Denmark [ Danmark], England, France [FRANSS], Finland, Germany [Deutschland], Greece [Ελληνική, Elliniki], Ireland, Italy [italiana], Netherlands [Nederland], Norway [Norge], Rossiyskaya], Scotland, Spain [España] Sweden [Sverige] and the UK including any place on the Western European continent.
Forum rules
Discuss anything about Western European street gangs and organized crime.
Mohammed Ali
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Re: England

Unread post by Mohammed Ali » March 5th, 2004, 5:35 am

What about Sheffield anyone have any info on the gangs there?

Mohammed Ali
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Mohammed Ali » March 5th, 2004, 5:41 am

Are there any blood sets in England?

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Noog » March 5th, 2004, 8:17 am

No, there are no crip sets in UK. Different culture, different context, simple as. I know some boys who are anamoured with the idea of blood / crip sets in UK, but its yout fantasy. We got problems enough with socially excluded young people, dont need these gangs as well man!

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » March 5th, 2004, 11:00 am

Noog I think at some point in your life you may have taken a stand or two in your day. Lol..

Sean

Unread post by Sean » March 5th, 2004, 12:35 pm

Gangs in Sheffield/Leeds ect. like in LA... a load of me boll!x. Theses are rough towns but nothing compared to LA so dont be tryin to compare them. In Sheffield and Leeds, there is a good chance of gettin your car nicked/yourself mugged...(if you look like a mug). Criminal gangs are more underground in Europe.

Mohammed Ali
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Mohammed Ali » March 6th, 2004, 5:47 am

I was not comparin Leeds or Sheffield to L.A because L.A is the gang capital of the WORLD and neither Leeds or Sheffield are even the gang capital of england,I was simply askin if there was any blood sets in England I did not ask if there is any blood sets in Leeds or Sheffield I asked about the whole of England.

3paw

Unread post by 3paw » March 14th, 2004, 3:45 pm

Firstly I just want to back up the fact that 'pikey' is not a racist term, It means different thing depending on where you are in the UK. Some areas take it as a term for white, poor, dole-claimers who stay at home and smoke pot, mostly inbred stereotypes. Other areas use it to describe middle class white inner city boys who are too into fashion and pop music. In my mind, when someone says pikey I think of a guy with a shaved head all but a slicked quiff at the front, wearing a black shirt with huge white collar, dancing badly in a trance/house club, drinking smirnoff ice and talking in a fake Cockney Accent... lol :roll:

Most areas of England have little gang-related activity that is related to race or religion, England is comparitively a very tolerant nation. However, sides are often taken for even more ridiculous reasons, such as rival football teams, rival schools, or even people who drink in rival pubs. Here, people will side against each other, and be extrememly brutally violent in some cases, usually fist or knife fights, close combat, smashed bottles, that kind of thing, people tend to have more 'honour' than to shoot from far away.

Thankfully though, this violence is easily avoided in most areas, and people unrelated to the fighting are hardly ever dragged into it. In UK Hip-Hop culture, it seems that people mostly only battle with words :) By all accounts, the London UK Garage scene is more violent than London Hip-hop, and UK Garage often glorifies guns. That said, UK Garage has some amazing talent and promotes a great way for poorer London kids to see a way out of selling drugs to get food.

Unfortunately, there are some small concentrated areas of Enlgand where there are dangerous black gangs, but I can totally understand their points of view, they aren't truly racist, they have been driven to it by other's ignorance. As recently as the late 80s the English police force was simply teaming with racist cops who would pull over a car cos it had a black driver, or search a kid on the streets just cos he was black. In areas where that problem was concentrated, I can totally understand why people would grow to hate white skin. One of the most famous and tragic examples that comes to my mind is the Brixton Riots, which was a disgusting travesty I can almost 100% blame on ignorant and uninformed white police men in the area. Thankfully most such problems have now blown over to my knowledge, appart from small areas in Greater London, mostly South, and Manchester.

However, from my varied experience, there aren't too many places in England where people will attack you simply because of the color of your skin - just the color of your Football Shirt ;) It is especially concentrated in areas where your have multiple teams, IE Man City hate Man Utd fans, and Arsenal hate Cehelsea Fans etc. I don't get involved with such arguements, we all get on when we watch England Matches :D

Easily the most tolerant British Nation appear from my experience at least to be the Welsh. A shame, then, that being Welsh is a good way to get your head kicked in in England. Personally I was born in England but have half Welsh parents - I have a three Lions AND a Welsh Dragon both prudly Tattooed and people respect that, maybe because I'm being true to my roots.

3paw

Unread post by 3paw » March 15th, 2004, 12:23 pm

lol yup you got that right :?

Invincible
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Invincible » March 15th, 2004, 1:24 pm

Any of u heard of them?:
http://www.chavscum.co.uk/month.html

T~

Unread post by T~ » March 15th, 2004, 4:18 pm

HAHAHAHA Most ppl in the UK call them 'Kevs' or 'Townies'

Snowman
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Snowman » March 17th, 2004, 10:08 am

Chavscum.com is basically poking fun at Britain'scurrent working-class street fashion. No gangs there.

Invincible
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Invincible » April 2nd, 2004, 2:08 pm

any of you read a book called "Among the Thugs." by a Mr. Bill Buford?

yogihughs

Unread post by yogihughs » December 16th, 2004, 9:38 am

Dont know about down England but up here we have these neds.A lot of people reading this will wonder what a ned is, well check out this dumbass link http://www.glesganed.com

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Noog » December 17th, 2004, 5:03 am

YAWN

NW10
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by NW10 » December 23rd, 2004, 12:14 pm

English Gangs:

In London Operation Trident was set up in 1998 to combat black on black shootings in the worst affected areas of London; Brent, Hackney, Haringey and Lambeth. The worst areas in London for "gangs" are Brixton (Lambeth), Stonebridge-Harlesden (Brent), Haringey Borough and Dalston (Hackney).

In 2000 11 people were gunned down in Harlesden (an area with only 15,000 people) gaining the area a reputation as a uk murder capital. The main "gangs" to emerge from Harlesden are the Lock City Crew (said to be original Yardies) and home grown rivals Much Love Crew. Charles Brackett, Mervin Benjamin, and Maxwell Bogel yardie fugitives of the FBI it was reported in the Observer newspaper are believed to be in London working with yardie gangs.

Londons gun crime is escalating, 2574 crimes in 2001 compared to 3446 (48 per 100000) in 2002.

In 2002/03 there were 232 murders in London (3.2 per 100000).

Other gangs such as Chinese Snakeheads, Albanian and Turkish Mafia are said to be operating in London.

Manchester has had gang problems since 1988 with the emergence of the Gooch and Doddington Close Gangs. These were followed by the Longsight Crew, Pitt Bull Crew and Cheetham Hill Gangs. The gangs are only said to number 500 members and since 1998 have been responsible for over 2 dozen murders and over 100 fatal woundings. In 2001 and 2002 there were 1538 and 1569 gun crimes (62 and 63 per 100000) in Greater Manchester.

Manchester murder rate was 9.2 per 100000 in 2002/03. Like London, Manchester also is affected by Chinese Snakeheads.

http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/rds/pdfs2/crrs13.pdf Shootings, Gangs and Violent Crime in Manchester.

Other cities which have been affected with gang shootings are Bristol (St Pauls), Nottingham (St Anns), Birmingham (Handsworth, Aston), Liverpool and Leeds (Chapeltown).

The scale to which gangs operate is much smaller in England than in American cities, and there are also many groups of drug dealers which operate in large numbers but do not call themselves gangs. One such gang to mention is a group who operated out of Middlesbrough selling Heroin as far north as Scotland and as far South as Sheffield.

http://www.thisisthenortheast.co.uk/the ... ed.re.html "Smack Lane" Heroin Gang Middlesbrough

D33Q
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

WOW

Unread post by D33Q » December 23rd, 2004, 6:50 pm

X

JR
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by JR » January 8th, 2005, 5:37 am

Yo in the 60s it was all bout Mods and Rockers. They used to have mad fights down brighton beach.
then In the eightys you got Punks, skinheads and rockers
Now we got noone really

REPPIN THE LDC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LondonYouth

Unread post by LondonYouth » January 11th, 2005, 11:58 am

its all about hooligans if it comes down to toe to toe no weapons involved i can guarantee that the hoolies will win these are peeps who fight from their early teens against big hefty northern monkeys, like LA gangs they have turf normally 1-2 miles around their football teams ground. if another firm turns up on their turf (normally drinking in a boozer) the home team will show and aim to hurt as many as poss unlike LA the hooligans don’t aim to kill its just a way of relieving anger. the fall of the hooligans is due to the overwhelming old bill presence they know exactly what goes on what’s happening when and who will be there they normally have police spotters all over the area who report known hooligans and follow them reporting as they go.

Regards yoof

AJ_Martinez

Unread post by AJ_Martinez » January 16th, 2005, 7:21 pm

Gang culture in the Moss Side area of Manchester has quietened down in recent years, but there has been an increased focus on the 'doors', where adult white organized gangs compete over protecting various pubs and clubs in Manchester [by providing doormen]. This has spread to areas outside Manchester including south west Oldham.

On a larger, more organized scale it's said there is a large Chinese underworld stemming from a large Chinese population in the city but as expected there is little information about such activities - though we know they are refered to as 'Snakeheads' and have interests in human trafficking.

As for street gangs, there are many, largely undocumented gangs in Oldham. Asian [Pakistani + Bangladeshi] in race and young in age it is a HUGE problem which you are NOT likely to hear about due its low level activity. They are a lot more organized than people believe and as they grow older they lose their wannabe status and dabble in drugs, trafficking, protection etc. You might expect there to be a large racial anti-white focus (which there is) but there is also Pakistani v Bangladeshi trouble brewing, with gangs being made up of families or those living in the same area. Although there is little gun crime, the amount of physical assaults are the main problem.

weggz

Unread post by weggz » January 18th, 2005, 10:06 am

First up. one love to all people and thugz in the U.S.A!!
Yeah sure we have gangs here but not on the scale of L.A or N.Y.
We have small gangs all over England but alot of our gangs are from supporters of the football teams we got. We dont have many all "black" or all "white" gangs either. they are normaly mixed.
I got a question i hope one of yal can answer.....All the Crips and Bloods and most gangs in the U.S.A use alot of hand signs that mean certain things. Can you tell me why this is and how it all started? and who invents these signs?
must say ive read alot of info on street gangs and the gangs in L.A fasinate me...so many. how do you all keep sane?

peace.
weggz

Boris
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Boris » January 19th, 2005, 8:33 am

Anyone see the article on Tookie in the new FHM?

Really just gave a brief history on his life and the crips history, and his views on recent gang activity. Also had some interviews and pics of some Cedar Block Piru members. Odd how they write about bloods in an article about Tookie, but maybe they couldnt find any crip sets willing to talk/be photographed.

kenni
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by kenni » January 19th, 2005, 10:24 am

Boris wrote:Anyone see the article on Tookie in the new FHM?

Really just gave a brief history on his life and the crips history, and his views on recent gang activity. Also had some interviews and pics of some Cedar Block Piru members. Odd how they write about bloods in an article about Tookie, but maybe they couldnt find any crip sets willing to talk/be photographed.
URL!!! plz..

Boris
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Boris » January 20th, 2005, 8:57 am

The url for the FHM site is http://www.fhm.com

Dunno if that particular article will be online tho, its only just in the new magazine...

Kemosave
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Kemosave » January 24th, 2005, 8:52 pm

AJ_Martinez wrote:Gang culture in the Moss Side area of Manchester has quietened down in recent years, but there has been an increased focus on the 'doors', where adult white organized gangs compete over protecting various pubs and clubs in Manchester [by providing doormen]. This has spread to areas outside Manchester including south west Oldham.

On a larger, more organized scale it's said there is a large Chinese underworld stemming from a large Chinese population in the city but as expected there is little information about such activities - though we know they are refered to as 'Snakeheads' and have interests in human trafficking.

As for street gangs, there are many, largely undocumented gangs in Oldham. Asian [Pakistani + Bangladeshi] in race and young in age it is a HUGE problem which you are NOT likely to hear about due its low level activity. They are a lot more organized than people believe and as they grow older they lose their wannabe status and dabble in drugs, trafficking, protection etc. You might expect there to be a large racial anti-white focus (which there is) but there is also Pakistani v Bangladeshi trouble brewing, with gangs being made up of families or those living in the same area. Although there is little gun crime, the amount of physical assaults are the main problem.
Yup. Good post. Sorry mates: Manchester United.

logicalkid

Unread post by logicalkid » January 25th, 2005, 2:17 am

Snowman wrote:I don't think it matters what part of Brixton you go to. I've been literally all round it, and I've never been 'spat at' once. Even the worst estates like Sommerleyton or St. Matthews are very racially harmonious. In Stockwell, directly north of Brixton there is a big poor white working class closely knit community around the area known as angell Town which maybe dangerous for blacks but I don't think there is anywhere in that area that's a no-go area for whites.

Like I said, Leyton has some areas you wouldn't want to go down if your not black, and bits of Little Ilford are practically no-go zones for non-south asians but that's about it.

Yes, bgC, the terrace culture does have a racist element in it, but it's probably more nationalist than racist. Over here we are so paranoid about racism that someone waving a union jack or st.georges cross will immediately be looked at like their racists, wheras in America someone waving the Stars and Stripes will be looked upon like their patriotic.

You can't really say that alot of football fans are racist. Most people in england watch football, and most english people aren't racist. Some of the football gangs are alligned with extreme right wing groups but that's probably political more than anything else.

The most racist football gangs are Millwall and Burnly, and the metropolitan police are shitting themselves with fear because on the same day West Ham are playing Burnley at West Ham's own ground, Millwall are playing Cardiff at Millwall's ground, and the matches are only a few miles apart and a train ride away from eachother. There are thoughts of shutting down the Metropolitan Line (a train line that links south london to east london) down for the day because all 4 teams are rivals, and many of West Ham's non-white fans are aching to fight some burnley and millwall fans and all the nationalist right wing Burnley and Millwall fans are gonna want to fight with Cardiff's notoriously Welsh Nationalist following. To complicate matters further, West Ham and Burnley ware the same colours.....

Ohh dear.

Little Ilford isn't that bad, man been blotting up that area for time, just alot a crack head now that niggaz got the area locked

Invincible
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Invincible » February 16th, 2005, 2:23 am

hooligans are so badass. They come out to do battle, and the stadium is their battlefield. They play another game or another war that goes on alongside the game, so you know to beat the team you must nto only beat the team but beat their fans to win.

NW10
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by NW10 » March 26th, 2005, 1:37 am

Mohammed Ali wrote:Here is some stuff I found out about manchester gangs

Gooch gang
members:64
year gang emerged:1988
confirmed shootings:10
confirmed murders:6
arrests for gun offences:15

Doddington
members:30
year gang emerged:1988
confirmed shootings:6
confirmed murders:2
arrests for gun offences:7

Pit bull crew
members:26
year gang emerged:1999
confirmed shootings:3
confirmed murders:1
arrests for gun offences:8

longsight crew
members:67
year gang emerged:1996
confirmed shootings:4
confirmed murders:1
arrests for gun offences:15
The number of members you stated is not the actual size of the gangs. Those are the number of members under the age of 25. Making a total of 187 for the 4 gangs you mentioned. The estimated number of those four gangs is around 400 though including members 25+.

NW10
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by NW10 » March 26th, 2005, 1:41 am

Also that the numbers for confirmed murders and shootings are not total, meaning from when the gang first emerged, they are from 1998 onwards.
Last edited by NW10 on March 31st, 2005, 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JR
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by JR » March 28th, 2005, 11:48 am

Were I'm from you got 187 i'm a member its probs the biggest

NW10
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by NW10 » March 31st, 2005, 1:38 pm

This thread is supposed to be for England gangs. Make Sure any comments on Ireland and Scotland gangs are in the right section.

Whats this 187 gang in Folkestone JR? The Kent Constabulary say they have never heard of a gang in Folkestone names 187.

NW10
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by NW10 » March 31st, 2005, 2:30 pm

London Pride: what else you wanna know about Nottingham gangs?

The Bestwood area of Nottingham is territory of a white crime family who have formed drug ties with some of the Yardie gangs. The Afro-Caribbean (British born) gangs of St Anns have not always taken kindly to the increasing number of Yardies in Radford which has caused numerous tit-for-tat shootings. The Meadows and Sneinton areas I think is run by Asians as well as Afro Caribbean criminals. The gangs in Nottingham are not known nationally by names like those in Birmingham, Manchester, Bristol and London. When reports on gangs in Nottingham are released they normally just attribute the crimes to ‘Jamaican Gangsters’.

londonpride
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by londonpride » March 31st, 2005, 5:01 pm

Cheers