Two killed in city pub shooting

There has been an increase in gang and youth groups in many Western European cities that have seen an influx of immigrants. There is also a significant organized crime coming from Eastern Europe In this section discuss Austria [Österreich], Denmark [ Danmark], England, France [FRANSS], Finland, Germany [Deutschland], Greece [Ελληνική, Elliniki], Ireland, Italy [italiana], Netherlands [Nederland], Norway [Norge], Rossiyskaya], Scotland, Spain [España] Sweden [Sverige] and the UK including any place on the Western European continent.
Forum rules
Discuss anything about Western European street gangs and organized crime.
NW10
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by NW10 » March 12th, 2006, 9:31 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manc ... 799348.stm

Several streets have been closed while officers search the area
Two men have been killed and two others injured in a shooting at a pub in Greater Manchester.
Officers were called to reports of gun shots at the Brass Handles pub on Fitzwarren Street, in Salford, at 1420 GMT on Sunday.

They found two men had been shot dead. The two injured men were taken to hospital with serious injuries.

Dozens of police officers are now in the area searching for evidence, and roads have been closed.

Greater Manchester Police said both the dead men were of mixed race, but they had not yet been identified.

Shootings as serious as this are very, very rare

Supt Leor Giladi
Two other men, both white, who had also been shot, were taken in a private car to Hope Hospital in Salford, where they are currently being treated under police guard.

The pub is in the Langworthy area of the city, close to the Salford shopping precinct. It was packed with customers watching Manchester United's football match on television.

'Lads in hoods'

One woman, who did not want to be named, said she was visiting her mother's house across the road from the pub when the shooting happened.

"All these young lads in hoods came out from one street and ran towards the pub.

"There was another gang of them further down the road. I thought, 'What the hell's going on?'

The pub was sealed off for forensic examinations
"After I went inside my mother's house she said to me, 'There's fireworks going off'.

"I looked outside and saw one young lad on the ground and another older man in bushes on the ground, with his arms outstretched like he had fell over backwards."

She added that the pub was "very rough".

"There is always something going on around here with police involved."

Another local added: "This place goes from bad to worse. I just wish the police or the government or someone could get a grip of the guns being used."

Another woman who lives in the area told the BBC: "It's terrifying.

"I'm really upset about it because I'm thinking it could have been someone who belongs to me or anybody walking up and down with children.

'Frightening experience'

"I'm totally upset. I just want to cry."

Supt Leor Giladi, of Greater Manchester Police, said: "We have spoken to an awful lot of people in the pub. It is a frightening experience.

"It is a concern for the community at large but I would like to reassure the community of Salford there will be extra police patrols this evening, extending into tomorrow.

"Shootings as serious as this are very, very rare."

An incident room has been set up at Pendleton Police Station and anyone with information should call 0161 856 5448 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.