What is with these english gangs with stupid names?

There has been an increase in gang and youth groups in many Western European cities that have seen an influx of immigrants. There is also a significant organized crime coming from Eastern Europe In this section discuss Austria [Österreich], Denmark [ Danmark], England, France [FRANSS], Finland, Germany [Deutschland], Greece [Ελληνική, Elliniki], Ireland, Italy [italiana], Netherlands [Nederland], Norway [Norge], Rossiyskaya], Scotland, Spain [España] Sweden [Sverige] and the UK including any place on the Western European continent.
Forum rules
Discuss anything about Western European street gangs and organized crime.
-=Midnight=-

Unread post by -=Midnight=- » August 30th, 2007, 1:19 pm

The name cheetham hillbillies was coined by their main rival gangs in moss side.
The name came about because while cheetham hill gangs were still doing armed robberies, moss side was moving into drugs, also when the two gangs kicked off cheetham hills arsenal consisted of axes/bike chains/bats/machetes.
While moss side were using guns.

The name was a bit of a piss take, trying to say cheetham hill were behind the times.

Make no mistake though cheetham hillbillies were/are a well organized bunch.
nah thats wrong mate, Cheetham Hill gangs were the first to show the use of firearms in manchester! well documented aswell, even in the Manchester Gangs Book.
and it all started around the madchester days of the Hacienda Nightclub when the moss side gang were trying to get a hold of it when also the cheetham hill gang were also doing it, that started off a lot of tit for tat shootings for decades, and still hasnt stopped in 30 years!
A robbery by Cheetham Hill, in what was seen as a Moss Side area in 1984 was followed by a dispute over a woman, which brought the two areas into conflict. Cheetham Hillcriminals were the first to show firearms, at a time when gun crime in Manchester was still rare.
^Taken from Wikipedia [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gangs_in_England]

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... sleep.html

pistolslanga
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by pistolslanga » August 30th, 2007, 2:53 pm

i dont know but dont english gangs have shit n britan gangs like

"Bluxemburg Tea Trading Cutthroats"

"Avon upon a von gang"

"Strictly Tea and Crumpets gang"?

"Drinkin Tea n busting caps gang"?

shit like that?

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Noog » August 31st, 2007, 3:09 am

Yeah man, names just like that lol! I wish he he.

Thing is, myself and other British peeps have been attempting to let American breahs know how things really are in some areas of UK, especially main cities such as London, Birmingham, Manchester and Liverpool...but our American friends don't seem to want to hear how things are in the real. I would have imagined that peeps would be interested.

I'll have another go and post up some real tings. There are stupid names for true, but no more so than any other place, as posters above have humourfully demonstrated.

I live in an inner borough of London called Hackney in the East of the city. It is an area which has had a history of immigration and deprivation, of political corruption, police corruption, bad housing, crime and so on....it was also the place where facism was defeated in the 1930's. Its like a landing hub for immigrant peoples entering UK over time...right now the borough is aproximately 50/50 black and white - black people hailing from Jamaica and the rest of the Caribbean, from West Africa (Nigeria, Ghana), Somalia, Vietnam, Pakistan, Ireland and many other ethnicities (even an orthodox Jewish area)...

In the present, there are over thirty gangs in Hackney, some established and hardcore, some are newer made of youngers on a hype flex.

Names in Hackney and post codes repped include..

London Fields Man Dem / Mashtown (E8) - gang made up of what we call olders and youngers, similar to G's and OG's. formerly Hackney Man Dem (NB the term 'Man Dem' is a Jamaican patois term denoting 'those men' or those over there' abnd has been adopted to describe a particular group ie where the group is from - so it means literally 'those men from London Fields'.)

Holly Street Man Dem (E8) ( and Holly St Youngers etc) - Fields and Holly Street are on war footage for time now, though most of the hardcore olders are in jail or dead so its war among the youngers (13 - 18) - boys were bussin off shots in the market near my house last week.

E5th Ryders (E5)

LORD (N16)

Love o' Money (Hoxton - cant remeber code)

Penbury Man Dem (the public housing/project/estate is called Penbury) (E5)

E9er's (E9)

And a host more. HAckney gangs beef against each other and form alliances depending on different variables ie post codes combine to beef with another borough as in, Hackney can come together to war with a neighbouring London borough called Tottenham. Tottenham has many notorious gangs and as a whole, has beefed with Hackney for two decades with many boys mashed up and sadly, killed.

Other examples from London include...

From Brixton, South London there are PDC/ Poverty Driven Children aka Peel Dem Crew aka Pray Days Change aka Pussy Drugs and Cash lol! PDC have younger sets who are beginning to hype up and identify more with the LA 'model' of what a streetgang is 'supposed' to look like, so the youngers are on a colour hype -

From West theres MDP, Murda Dem Pussies aka Money Drugs Pussy - mainly a younger gang but on a big hype right now, shank crazy.

There are many many gangs nowadays all over London - I'd compose a more complete list but there are hundreds, though smaller numbers of hard core crews. Most of the London streetgangs are black and/or black and white mixed, though there are Asian gangs, Somali and white gangs too, though mainly black gangs

Other parts of the country have curoius names too, in Liverpool the gangs are made up of much younger white boys - Liverpool was always known for drug crime and crime families but the children of those crime families are making up newer streetgangs - names like the Nogzy Soldiers and the Croxteth Crew. These boys major in stealing high performance cars, in growing and dealing skunk weed and love beefing with each other. Very sadly. the last victim a week ago in their little war was an 11 year old boy shot dead by another child of around 13/14.

In Manchester there are of course the Gooch and Doddington who have beefed for time and also younger gangs who are cattin LA styles (peace footage LA cats visited Mnchester in the early 90's following the peace treaties in LA) with names like Old Trafford Crips (I know)

In Birmingham there are the Johnny's and Burgar Bar Boys, the Badder Bar Boys and a host of others with curious names...

I'm no gang apologist but I do care for people in my community, thats where I come from and gang issues are affecting many people in my area and its growing into a deeper thing. There was a report out at the beginning of '07 letting us know that UK has the biggest wealth divide now for the last 40 years, so thats the context - social exclusion, poverty, lack of access to education, decent housing, lack of employment, drugs culture, yardy influence, media influence including all of the b and c ting..you get the picture?

-=Midnight=-

Unread post by -=Midnight=- » August 31st, 2007, 10:10 am

Id love any american to start talking that shit over hear, most of u think that its all tea and crumpet here, WHERE THE FUCK DO THEY SELL EM, coz i aint seein shit like that anywhere.

Per Number of population, the UK has one of the highest crime rates in the world overall, exceeding america in many categorys.
It comes second to South Africa in many fields per population.
Seeing as though we have strict gun crime in the UK, there seems to be a lot of fukkin people dieing by them ffs.
Theres at least 7 shootings a day in the City i live in, Never mind the whole of the UK.

I bet most of you on this board dont even live near the places ur talkin about, the REAL intelligant people on this board will know that it dont matter where u live,
deprivation, crime, poverty, leads young people to grow angry lives. you can say england is crumpet this crumpet that and we all love the queen etc.
all im sayin is come over here, see for yourself, ffs look on youtube if ya want, england isnt what you think anymore.
The prisons are full up, the boarders arent protected properly, they reckon by 2010 London will have a white minority and by 2050 England will be a White minority Nation.
The goverment arent doing whats needed to fund places for ppl to go to, if your not rich, your gna have a real hard time here.

Young Deuce
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Young Deuce » August 31st, 2007, 1:39 pm

-=Midnight=- wrote:Id love any american to start talking that shit over hear, most of u think that its all tea and crumpet here, WHERE THE fu-- DO THEY SELL EM, coz i aint seein shit like that anywhere.

Per Number of population, the UK has one of the highest crime rates in the world overall, exceeding america in many categorys.
Seeing as though we have strict gun crime in the UK, there seems to be a lot of #%@& people dieing by them ffs.
Theres at least 7 shootings a day in the City i live in, Never mind the whole of the UK.

I bet most of you on this board dont even live near the places ur talkin about, the REAL intelligant people on this board will know that it dont matter where u live,
deprivation, crime, poverty, leads young people to grow angry lives. you can say england is crumpet this crumpet that and we all love the queen etc.
all im sayin is come over here, see for yourself, ffs look on youtube if ya want, england isnt what you think anymore.
The prisons are full up, the boarders arent protected properly, they reckon by 2010 London will have a white minority and by 2050 England will be a White minority Nation.
The goverment arent doing whats needed to fund places for ppl to go to, if your not rich, your gna have a real hard time here.

lol thats a fuckin lie...columbia, venezuela, all them central and south american coutries come befo U.K. and U.S.

why do yall brits think we think yall soft??? no offense but we not even worried about yall.....

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
If in the United States: Oregon
What city do you live in now?: over there

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » August 31st, 2007, 2:31 pm

FOR MY COUNTRY
http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_mur-crime-murders
Ranked six in total murders behind India,Russia,Columbia,South Africa and Mexico.
Per Capita we drop cuz thers alot of people in the US but its still higher then the UK's

FOR MY CITY
http://inquirer.philly.com/graphics/murders_map/
LOL he talking bout 7 shootings a day.
check the MURDERS philly had last year.
I don't even think Philly had the highest murder total last year.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » August 31st, 2007, 2:36 pm

Young Deuce wrote:
-=Midnight=- wrote:Id love any american to start talking that shit over hear, most of u think that its all tea and crumpet here, WHERE THE fu-- DO THEY SELL EM, coz i aint seein shit like that anywhere.

Seeing as though we have strict gun crime in the UK, there seems to be a lot of #%@& people dieing by them ffs.

lol thats a fuckin lie...columbia, venezuela, all them central and south american coutries come befo U.K. and U.S.

why do yall brits think we think yall soft??? no offense but we not even worried about yall.....
SA
Crime:
http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_a ... e-assaults

Burglaries:
http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_b ... burglaries

Gun Voilence:
http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_g ... 00-000-pop

Manslaughter:
http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_m ... per-capita

Murders:
http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_m ... per-capita

Rapes:
http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_rap-crime-rapes

Robberies:
http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_r ... per-capita

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » August 31st, 2007, 3:05 pm

:shock:
Tuck ya shine when you come to the US son.

pistolslanga
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by pistolslanga » August 31st, 2007, 3:47 pm

$outhPhillypuppet wrote:
:shock:
Tuck ya shine when you come to the US son.
everyones a crook in america dawg, shits been like that since the beginning :lol:

-=Midnight=-

Unread post by -=Midnight=- » September 1st, 2007, 5:37 am

yeh its alright talkin about philly stats etc, but ur talkin about a country where guns are allowed. in England our shooting team has to leave the country to be able to practice for olympic roles, im not sayin the UK is any worse than the US because i dont think it is in some respects, but im lettin yall know it aint about the queen tea and crumpets.

this is 7 shootings a day in a city with just under 440,000 in a country where there is VERY tight gun laws.
Besides the Gangs where i live in Manchester, have been warring since the early 80's and there was a hella lot of shootings here in manchester where gun crime was hardly heard of in the UK. The "New era" Gang thing here has been going on close to the time where the American Gangs sprouted off. And the real Blood and Crip Gangmembers actually visited one of the places in Manchester affected by Gang Violence back in the day.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gangs_in_England

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_t ... per-capita
http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_b ... per-capita

-=Midnight=-

Unread post by -=Midnight=- » September 1st, 2007, 5:42 am

itd be very stupid for me to think that where im at is like the US, but London and Manchester in the UK are probably the closest cities resembling the US the most.
and its not that i think Americans think the English are soft, its jus ppl always talkin about how we love the queen and shit etc etc
i mean we have soldiers from both countries fighting in iraq/afghanistan, surely that counts for something lol!

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » September 1st, 2007, 11:13 am

http://www.aneki.com/populated.html

Yeah thats the thing.
Since America is so populated for us to be so high on the crimes per capita list is crazy.
yeh its alright talkin about philly stats etc, but ur talkin about a country where guns are allowed.
yeah guns are allowed but i 98% of the crimes involving firearms are done by people using guns without the license to carry and they probably bought the guy illegally.
im not sayin the UK is any worse than the US because i dont think it is in some respects, but im lettin yall know it aint about the queen tea and crumpets.
yeah that queen and crumpet thing is a stereotype.
In America stereotypes are what some people go by even though its wrong.
I'm pretty sure people outside of the US have stereotypes about us but we do what your supposed to do.
Ignore it.

BTW
Why do you care so much about what we say in America about your country?
Why do you feel that you have to prove something to us americans.
online.
on an american site.

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » September 1st, 2007, 11:15 am

LOL ignore my bad spelling in that last post

-=Midnight=-

Unread post by -=Midnight=- » September 1st, 2007, 11:49 am

Nah its not that i think we have to prove something to be honest im just tryna widen peoples views, but i know how hard it can be :)
and yeh i feel u on that stereotype ish, lotta ppl here think americans are dumb but if u luk deeper, theres a lot of inventors and very clever ppl from the states! its not that ive got anything to prove, coz like its not even that bigga deal, im jus stating facts coz some ppl actually do believe that people go on with these stereotype roles, im just tryna enlighten :D

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Noog » September 3rd, 2007, 4:51 am

Hey Midnight. Thats the purpose here - not to say to Americans 'oh look how gutter parts of UK have got these days' but to have convesations about something (gang culture) which is happening on a global scale, including many cities in UK. Its not about saying 'this is harder', 'this is more real' or whatever, but meant to be a reportage on the real all over.

So fuccc the stereotypes, fucccin steroehype seen, boring and dull!

I'm open minded so I listen and learn...because of stuff popping off all over in UK, I came on here originally to see what was happening in other parts of the world, like research you know...and time after time, met with American voices who werent able to hear of other realities other than thier own yards without either disputing them or coming back with a 'we did it first, wore the Tshirt, ate the fuccin fries..'. Cummon peeps, show a bit more grey matter...this site could be very informative, more interesting, better informed...but theres too many peeps ready to to push an ego tine...like nah man, we Americans have the whole fuccin ting on lock! We all know thats not the real.

Try for an exchange of info without baby business?

NW10
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by NW10 » September 5th, 2007, 12:48 pm

Man this forum is messed up! I remember the days when it was monitored and credibe and you could get by discussion without reference to tea, crumpets and stereotypes! I stereotype Americans all the time as ignorant and narrow minded, but the reality is 4% of the worlds population are influening most of the western world in terms of music, cinema and culture.

You know what im talking about, the Main Triad Crips in Holland and "London Colours". I think Sheffield was actually the first British city to endure gangs wearing colours of RED and WHITE. Rather than bandanas though it was silk scarves that were worn, reflecting the Victorian period where violent skirmishes took place between the Gas Tank Gang, Red Silk Gang and White Silk Gang (stupid gang names will never cease).

You cant force an opinion on someone, all my fellow British posters will best learn this from attempted discussions with Americans on streetgangsdotcom. Believe me, they are not all that way, its just a fact that there are many young Americans on here with very youthful attitudes full of bravado that still need to grow up, they far outnumber the real american Gs on the site.

And if NYC cant gain acceptance on here then the UK is still a long way off!

Just remember they speak ENGLISH in the united states, tea and crumpets aint no different to coffee and donuts, its just less likely to give you a heart attack and make you a fat cunt

londonpride
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by londonpride » September 5th, 2007, 2:02 pm

LOL Nice post NW10 especially the last line.

niro
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by niro » September 9th, 2007, 12:38 pm

Lol that was good to read

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Noog » September 13th, 2007, 9:40 am

And for entertainment value, heres a youtube clip of some local boys from Hackney E5 spitting a lil' tune about where they live, Murder Mile and another from MDP, Murda Dem Pussies (see, younger gang names are on a hyyyyppppeee!!). These are youngers - I guess like the youngers who fill the boards right now. Thing is, our youngers are full of shiiiitt just like American youngers he he, and its standard that chattin with youngers is a fuccccin pain cos they have fixed little minds, UK or US!

Anyhow, I like the tune still..youngers in Hackney E5

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7pbcnpmh88

MDP - Murda Dem Pussies!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJxcsgx7AUw

Point is, every yout is on a hype,

peterparker2
What city do you live in now?: manchester

Re:

Unread post by peterparker2 » October 31st, 2008, 5:55 am

GRAPPLER wrote:The name cheetham hillbillies was coined by their main rival gangs in moss side.
The name came about because while cheetham hill gangs were still doing armed robberies, moss side was moving into drugs, also when the two gangs kicked off cheetham hills arsenal consisted of axes/bike chains/bats/machetes.
While moss side were using guns.

The name was a bit of a piss take, trying to say cheetham hill were behind the times.

Make no mistake though cheetham hillbillies were/are a well organized bunch.

Well put Grappler.....

It was a piss take....

Alas there was only one winner there and it wasnt the Gooch...
In fact i think you will find Ray odaha "the General" and his leiutenants had no grudges with the gooch.
His grudge was with Delroy Brown....

The Gooch and Pepperhill have lost many small wars,Cheetham hill lost none!

Jinky08
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Glesga

Re: What is with these english gangs with stupid names?

Unread post by Jinky08 » November 9th, 2008, 11:17 am

I think the wierdest ive heard up here is Mounty Techno Force, dont know were the name comes from, there not really a major factor anyway.