England gangs

There has been an increase in gang and youth groups in many Western European cities that have seen an influx of immigrants. There is also a significant organized crime coming from Eastern Europe In this section discuss Austria [Österreich], Denmark [ Danmark], England, France [FRANSS], Finland, Germany [Deutschland], Greece [Ελληνική, Elliniki], Ireland, Italy [italiana], Netherlands [Nederland], Norway [Norge], Rossiyskaya], Scotland, Spain [España] Sweden [Sverige] and the UK including any place on the Western European continent.
Forum rules
Discuss anything about Western European street gangs and organized crime.
Snowman
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

England gangs

Unread post by Snowman » June 19th, 2004, 6:02 am

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/lond ... 20Standard

This is the sort of gang that is most common around London. Different from local neighbourhood teams round Glasgow, aint they?

Boris
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Gangs in England

Unread post by Boris » June 29th, 2004, 4:20 am

Sorry...

the page you have requested is currently unavailable. Please try again.

What was the link about? A specific event or just an article?

Ger5005

Unread post by Ger5005 » June 29th, 2004, 4:52 am

Snowman I thought the most feared gang in England was Thae Yardies....

Boris
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Boris » June 29th, 2004, 5:00 am

lol I dont think theres any particular gang in the UK who call themselves 'The Yardies'...

"Yardies" is a name for gansters/thugs who are immigrants (many illegal i would imagine) from the Caribbean ie Jamaica, Trinidad etc

londonpride
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by londonpride » July 12th, 2004, 12:55 am

Truth is very few of the black gangs in london are jamaican at all there just london born black boys with westindian parents.Just as dangerous though with big gun culture, so many murders now they barely get a right up in the papers.Man blasted to death in camberwell this week.

londonpride
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by londonpride » July 14th, 2004, 12:34 am

brixton-www.mov.pwp1-.co.uk/flicks/illegals//000001-zonkcoza.jpg

londonpride
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by londonpride » July 14th, 2004, 12:36 am

londonpride
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by londonpride » July 14th, 2004, 12:40 am

http://www.urban75.org/brixton/history/riot.html ........................................................
brixton riots 1981

sniff

Unread post by sniff » July 25th, 2004, 7:12 am

No real gangs in England that i know of that operate to a scale of crips ect..Just groups hangin on council estates or stupid spots like backs of shops 'n shit. Been a lot of gang related killings in London recently. Not long ago a drive-by happend, lots of innocent people shot and killed.

I don't think its even nearly the same as in LA, far from...

londonpride
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by londonpride » July 25th, 2004, 3:59 pm

CAUSE THERE NOT IN THE SAME LEAGUE AS LA YOU MUG.Place in manchester and london are hardcore,the gangs of blacks in places like brixton and mosside are no joke,shooting and murders happen reguar,mostly over crack and shite.They are dangerous places if you dont know that you aint been there.

$outh$ide
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by $outh$ide » July 27th, 2004, 12:46 am

is there many gangs in Portsmouth also is there many black people there

Boris
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Boris » July 27th, 2004, 3:53 am

No gangs that I know of in Portsmouth. Its known to be quite a rough place tho as theres always loads of off duty sailors/dock workers out getting pissed and looking for fights.

londonpride
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by londonpride » July 28th, 2004, 7:47 pm

One thing about england is everyone is in the same boat,so to speak.Theres just as many poor whit people as black or asian.And with the exception of a few places, most housing estates have lots of white people.

Places like portsmouth are real tough places where people grow up fighting,also hull newcastle,up north are real hard places.Unlike london and manchester though lucky for them there aint no where near as many gun related murders or younsters with guns only the heavy gangstas have guns up north there.Plenty of stabbings and gang fights though.

Seems to be a lot of racial tension up north leading to massive brawls between the asylum seekrs that have been dumped there and local boys.Also between asians and whites.

londonpride
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by londonpride » July 28th, 2004, 7:49 pm

Dont think theers many blacks in portsmouth,mainly all white housing estates,only been there few times but buy all accounts theres some naughty estates there.

Syanyde1

Unread post by Syanyde1 » August 2nd, 2004, 8:32 pm

what happened to the 28s?

londontown

Unread post by londontown » August 16th, 2004, 4:58 pm

the WK (wanted kriminals, but the pussies change it alot), are getting kinda big, they opertate out of an estate in kingston, about 200-250 members i would say, but the more hardcore guys that i used to know have stopped doin the stupid shit now, and most the younger guys just rob from shops/brandish fake guns/etc, etc in kingston centre, a few of them r now banned with anti-social behaviour orders. last year there was a big fight and a couple men got stabbed and the members of the WK stood trial for attempted murder, not sure how it came out and i dun care. the times me and my boys have come up against them theyve shown nuttin but cowardice and as a result i hold no respect for them, they just lil boys who get excited in the heat of a fight.

theres been a couple gangs in clapham/battersea that in know of = junction boyz bein one. and a brixton/angel town/stockwell crew called PDC (poverty driven children).

in north east london (i think but it could b just east) theres a somalian gang which can rally together 500 troops if needed but i cant remember there name. the somalian gangs r reminiscent of early american gangs, just youths joining together to defend them selves from the hostile new country that they and there parents are getting used to.

in london there r just so many crews that its impossible to determine how many gangs there are, could b thousands.

kensington and ladbroke grove areas i been friends with many morrocans and iranians who r in gangs for years now, and the stories they tell r crazy.

in my experience the most mindless violence comes from groups of white youths, who just attack innnocent people and adopt a racist out look for no apparent reason. this i believe is fualled by the pointless drinking culture that young white youths are peer pressured into from quite an early age.

if i remember anymore ill post.

peace

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Noog » August 19th, 2004, 9:56 am

Hackney has manysmall to medium sized crews.

London Fields Boys, Penbury Boys, Mothers Square Boys, Holly Street and many more.

Business is drugs. Violence is cheap. These crews also mug, rob and cause mayhem for other young people, including rape, stabbings and shootings. They piss me off 'cos we dont need 'em. But, I couldn't say that to a member!

Storm
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Storm » August 21st, 2004, 3:57 am

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/leic ... 583900.stm

Last Updated: Friday, 20 August, 2004, 14:34 GMT 15:34 UK

Pub-goers facing 'Burberry' ban

Two Leicester pubs have banned drinkers wearing several brands of designer clothing to crack down on violence.
The Parody and Varsity have introduced strict clothing rules and banned brands including Stone Island, Aquascutum, Henri Lloyd and Burberry.

The pubs have teamed up with police to compile a list of clothing they believe are worn by groups of youths and football hooligans.

The policy, aimed at "hard core trouble makers", was introduced on 10 August.

Caroline Nodder, spokeswoman for Barracuda, the company which owns Varsity and The Parody, told the Leicester Mercury: "This is not necessarily aimed at football violence.

"It is targeting a certain gang of young lads that have been causing concern in the area.

"But if it works to exclude that football element, then so much the better."

Pc Karen Holdridge, from the city centre's violence and disorder team, said the policy was aimed at tackling a hard core of troublemakers.

She said: "Well-known football hooligans have a particular dress code. These people are recognised as coming into the city centre day in, day out and causing trouble."

A spokesman for Henri Lloyd called the ban a "ridiculous prejudice".

He said: "To stereotype and prejudice customers based on their choice of clothing seems ridiculous."

A Burberry spokeswoman said: "It's a very aspirational, cross-generational, cross gender brand and with regard to the Leicester issue, it's clearly a localised issue and to be honest it's actually quite insignificant in the face of the brand's global appeal."

--------

I'm suprised this sort of action has happened outside London. I can see the big Pub chains watching this with intrest especialy if it goes unchallenged.

In the longer term though action like this is more likely to move UK gangs to a colour based system rather than a brand uniform.

PDog

Unread post by PDog » August 31st, 2004, 10:01 am

most of the people who wear burberry, henri lloyd etc are football hooligans
if anybody in the UK has Sky on the channel Bravo theres a program called Most Deadly Gangs or sumtin like that, its hosted by Goldie
The yardies were on last time

londonpride
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by londonpride » September 1st, 2004, 4:25 pm

Yeah all football thugs where all that designer gear,never undestood why youd wear a 300 pound jacket if your gonna have a fight,and possibly get it ripped,blood etc.

londonpride
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by londonpride » September 1st, 2004, 9:45 pm

Manchester is probaly the most gang orientated place in england,probaly IMO THE WORST INNER CITY GHETTO IN ENGLAND IS MOSS SIDE lots of gangs and murders,shit is real there,kids as young as 12 got guns and aint afraid to use them,few diffrent crews,doddington,lonsight,cheatam hill.Little article here http://www.techno.de/mixmag/98.02/Gangc ... ter.1.html

londonpride
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by londonpride » September 1st, 2004, 9:57 pm

Last article was more about how the gangs affected clubland.

londontown

Unread post by londontown » September 9th, 2004, 2:55 pm

londonpride wrote:Yeah all football thugs where all that designer gear,never undestood why youd wear a 300 pound jacket if your gonna have a fight,and possibly get it ripped,blood etc.
the designer clothes thing started in the 80's(i think) wen the hooligans went over to france , germany etc. for fights and used to raid designer outlets for for all the clothes etc. to sell wen they got back to england. and from there they realised that the smarter there appearence the less liely they r gonna b stopped by police on the way to games, and also the police would not b able to recognise wat teams firm they r from kinda ting. and also higher ranking hooligans make a lot of money from drug sales so its kinda like keepin the image up. they started dealing pills to ravers in the 80's/90's in order to fund trips abroad etc.

peace

Boris
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Boris » September 17th, 2004, 2:55 am

Anyone hear about BB storming Air in Birmingham a few weeks back? Was an MC Convention I think....

Some bre I was chatting to says they charged the place with gats, raided the bar, few people got hit....not too sure on all the details. Sounded kinda grimey tho.

As if urban music doesnt have a bad enough rep as it is

Storm
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Storm » September 20th, 2004, 3:52 am

I come into London on a train on a morning and around the Finsbury park bridges there's Graffiti gone up claiming Crips and Crip membership.

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Noog » September 22nd, 2004, 9:21 am

I dont believe it 'bout Crips etc in London. It'll be kids plying a romance thing out - they wont have anything to do with Crips in LA! More of a reality based concern is the evolution of gang culture in London. I know Hackney well and we've got a big and growing problem. Dont no one know about Hackney?

Just last week, mid September, a 16 year old boy had his throat slashed and was stabbed to death in Hackney Central in broad daylight in a public place. The beef had begun over an egg fight weeks earlier and escalated into murder. The perpetrator was with LFB (London Fields Boys) and his intended victim was from a crew from Homerton beginning with B (cant remember their name, but they are new and up and coming apparently). These were 15/16 year old boys. One dead. The other on his way to jail for murder.

This is the unglamorous reality of gang life - early death, fear and incarceration. Children dying on the streets. My take is always trying to make sense of it and talking to other young people bout it, cos its growing in London and other cities and if things are moving down an LA type gang slide, then were all in trouble. No glamour, just death and grief and loss. Now thats something to look forward to eh?

londonpride
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by londonpride » September 22nd, 2004, 2:42 pm

One thing about london its very individual,from fashion to urbanmusic,london sets its own trends it dosen,t really look to the USA like some other nations.Hence you will never get londongangs copying LA gangs etc.I find talk of crips in europe embarrasing and sad considering how many people in LA have died in gang violence.

Boris
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Boris » September 24th, 2004, 4:57 am

Im with Londonpride about London being individual.

If there really are crips there, then I cant see them getting much respect from all the other crews.

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Noog » September 24th, 2004, 9:59 am

That is correct Boris. Simple as. In fact, I'd go further, I'd say that any London wannabe Crips would be targetted by London crews!

Toastin

Unread post by Toastin » November 14th, 2004, 6:34 am

Any L.A gang showing it's face in any major city in the UK wouldn't last very long lol. Like sombody was saying here..... To even style yourself around an L.A gang....would be embarrasing, and people would thing your some kind of joker.. hehe... It's funny when you think about it.

MarkB

Unread post by MarkB » November 30th, 2004, 11:18 pm

Reporting in from Glasgow, Scotland. A few things have been happening up here in the last few years in relation to gangs etc. The biggest by far is the "neds"...they aren't a real gang, it's more of a fashion/stupidity thing. Football hooligans, general idiots who want to be hard but are actually just pussies. Not organised in any way, they will happily fight each other, but they often represent the area they live in.

Other than that, I've seen some real gangs forming. Where I live there has been a massive increase in people wearing red and on some other parts of the city there have been lots of people wearing blue. Basically just copies of the Bloods and Crips in L.A. I've also seen some tagging going up in areas...not just the standard area graffitti, but it looks like actual gang graffitti, such as if you go into the city centre where everyone is twisted up, no one gang rules the whole thing, you will see blue graffitti saying "CYT" having been crossed out in black, then a tag twice as big on the right saying "BYT" in red. The C and B often represent the actual name of the area that they live in, but like in L.A., members of the gang from other areas use different names for the many different sets.

For example, in the Gorbals area, where I live, a red, or Blood area, you will see YSC, which stands for Young Suicide Cumbie, coming from years ago (70's, 80's, 90's) when another gang that grew on the street named Cumberland Street would go to war with other gangs around the area, then if the members were outnumbered in a fight or battle and had no chance of living either way, which often took place on bridges connecting the two areas over the River Clyde, they would either kill themselves there and then on the bridge or jump into the shit filled River and hope they make it to dry land without being sucked up in the many currents and who knows what else in the River.

The other one, like L.A., wears blue and goes by the names of the "Gonzos". I don't know much about them, but they are basically the same as the "Bloods" but less well organised and generally stupider.

It's safe to say that the "Bloods" have shit onlock here, but it seems that the structure of the gangs have come "Straight Outta Compton", for want of a better phrase. :)

Casper
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Casper » December 8th, 2004, 8:36 pm

I hear therealot of SkinHead gangs in England